Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tomorrow is the day. Come at me Crash!

I'm very excited for the Crash original trilogy remaster; more so because of what it could mean for the Crash franchise going forward. I hope it sells well enough for them to make a new game, one that kind of takes the Twinsanity open world concept and humor and rectons COT/MOM.

I'm also very anxious to see what Fromsoftware has to showcase for us.

I actually got a gaming computer in March so the only console games I'll be buying from here on out are ones that are only available for PS4. Otherwise I'll get it for PC; I was never a believer in the FPS difference or the graphics but wow it's such a difference in quality.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 11:09 am

Crash is my childhood icon. Sony just needs to show it to win. bounce

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 12:11 am

God, E3 was a major flop fest. God of War and Spiderman for the ps4 look great but they're releasing next year and Bethesda continues with their never-ending supply of Skyrim and Fallout ports instead of just focusing all of their best effort into a new Elder Scrolls games or Fallout game. Xbox doesn't interest me but I think Xbox One X is a bit redundant of a name. The biggest disappointment for me was no Fromsoftware announcement this year Sad .
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 12:58 am

Megaspino2 wrote:
God, E3 was a major flop fest. God of War and Spiderman for the ps4 look great but they're releasing next year and Bethesda continues with their never-ending supply of Skyrim and Fallout ports instead of just focusing all of their best effort into a new Elder Scrolls games or Fallout game. Xbox doesn't interest me but I think Xbox One X is a bit redundant of a name. The biggest disappointment for me was no Fromsoftware announcement this year Sad .  

Yeah the only thing that interests me this E3 was Far Cry 5 and Assassins Creed Origins.

The Spiderman look okay, upset they didnt even preview Red Dead Redemption 2...damn.

Tomorrows Nintendo panel I expect to be one big clusterfuck

Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:07 am

I know people say the Switch is good but after the mess Wii and WiiU were I don't have faith in Nintendo.

Far Cry 5 looked decent, nothing blew me away though and Assassin's Creed also didn't impress me much.

I could get behind Red Dead, I've seen some gameplay of the other and it looked interesting enough.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:09 am

I agree with everything you guys just said. Sony's E3 disappointed me so much. Where is the new sucker punch game was it cancelled? What about the "from software" game? Why can't Sony seem to release any of these big games in holiday? Why does Detroit look like a completely different game?

I have those thoughts and so many more questions. Nintendos conference is 25 mins long but if this E3 has taught us anything quantity ain't sh*t lol.

Also @Sickle_Claw

You remember how bad the technical issues were on the new mass effect? Well there is this new thing going around that is actually starting to gain credibility from a website called "glass door" where employees can speak out. Some people are actually saying that RDR2 is a complete sh*t show right now and that's why you haven't seen it. Apparently rockstar is outsourcing lots of its development in stuff like facial animation and peope are saying it's a mess.

I thought that must be BS at first but known insiders are saying the claims definitely look like they come from credible sources. If that's true.... just wow
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:36 am

I mean i would rather Sony take their time with these games than rush them. The VR section though was not very good, most of these games they're porting to VR don't even work well with it; want to know a good VR port, Alien Isolation.

The Fromsoftware game was a false rumor apparently. There is no factual basis right now for a Bloodborne 2 or even a new IP. Miyazaki said they are working on a new Armor Core game, a Dark Souls like game and some other game that was very different from what they've done before. They really should have showcased something, Sony teased Spiderman last year and it's releasing next year. I'm sure Fromsoft could have put something together.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:43 am

okay, didnt know that RDR2 is in development hell. I never had the chance to play RDR 1 so I wanted to try my hand at this one. I am hype for the new far Cry because I loved Primal and am currently working through Far Cry 4.

Not a big fan of hyping up VR above all else. Hoping Uncharted Lost Legacy looks good as well.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:06 am

Megaspino2 wrote:
I mean i would rather Sony take their time with these games than rush them. The VR section though was not very good, most of these games they're porting to VR don't even work well with it; want to know a good VR port, Alien Isolation.

The Fromsoftware game was a false rumor apparently. There is no factual basis right now for a Bloodborne 2 or even a new IP. Miyazaki said they are working on a new Armor Core game, a Dark Souls like game and some other game that was very different from what they've done before. They really should have showcased something, Sony teased Spiderman last year and it's releasing next year. I'm sure Fromsoft could have put something together.
For sure it just disappointed me that the stereotype of Sony not having HUGE exclusives at holiday is coming true yet again... obviously that means that 2018 is gonna be fire though lol..

But yeah from software. It was supposed to be called "Wail Storm" or something like that.

And I'm worried sucker punch has cancelled their project.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:07 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
okay, didnt know that RDR2 is in development hell. I never had the chance to play RDR 1 so I wanted to try my hand at this one. I am hype for the new far Cry because I loved Primal and am currently working through Far Cry 4.

Not a big fan of hyping up VR above all else. Hoping Uncharted Lost Legacy looks good as well.

Be sure to take the RDR2 info with a grain of salt. I'm just saying be prepared my man.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:17 am

Troyal1 wrote:

But yeah from software. It was supposed to be called "Wail Storm" or something like that.

It was supposed to be called Phantom Wail and focus heavily on hand to hand combat and feature an Aztec/Mayan setting. Apparently that was fake too, it was actually another game that was in development but I forgot what it was called.

I'm on the Dark Souls 3 reddit so I'm up on everything Fromsoftware :p
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:25 am

Megaspino2 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

It was supposed to be called Phantom Wail and focus heavily on hand to hand combat and feature an Aztec/Mayan setting. Apparently that was fake too, it was actually another game that was in development but I forgot what it was called.

I'm on the Dark Souls 3 reddit so I'm up on everything Fromsoftware :p

Damn well it sounds like you know a lot. I hope they come with a PS exclusive. They're great devs.

I'm trying to find if I have any hope for Nintendo. Probably not.

I think the game that got me most excited was evil within 2. Love that damn game.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 9:37 am

I'm waiting on Nintendo's Direct, but otherwise this E3 was mediocre. Looking forward to Battlefront II, Spider-Man, and a couple other things. I'm surprised though, no Death Stranding, no Last of Us 2, no Final Fantasy VII, no Crash trilogy, no Life is Strange 2 (yes, that prequel is coming, but I don't have a ton of faith in it.).
Seems like a lot of missed opportunities.

I'm hoping this means next year is going to be fireworks out of every conference (except EA, because, even with Star Wars, EA always has the worst conference.), but then, it feels kind of crappy knowing I'm basically waiting another year for the next E3 to see stuff I really want.

Megaspino2 wrote:

X Box One X = X.B.O.X.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Red Dead? It got pushed back to next year.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:51 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I'm waiting on Nintendo's Direct, but otherwise this E3 was mediocre. Looking forward to Battlefront II, Spider-Man, and a couple other things. I'm surprised though, no Death Stranding, no Last of Us 2, no Final Fantasy VII, no Crash trilogy, no Life is Strange 2 (yes, that prequel is coming, but I don't have a ton of faith in it.).
Seems like a lot of missed opportunities.  

I'm hoping this means next year is going to be fireworks out of every conference (except EA, because, even with Star Wars, EA always has the worst conference.), but then, it feels kind of crappy knowing I'm basically waiting another year for the next E3 to see stuff I really want.

Megaspino2 wrote:

X Box One X = X.B.O.X.
I think Sony is starting to think of their PlayStation experience conference in the holiday each year as almost like an E3 event. Because they were willing to drop TLOU2 there but not at E3....

I hope Nintendo can do something but they only got 25 minutes darn it!
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:40 pm

Nintendo...a core pokemon game on the SWITCH? Damn. Im so upset I dont have a switch right now. This sucks. I was hoping they would announce something for the 3DS regarding new pokemon as well.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:19 pm

Nintendo kind of one for me. While I'll never afford all of them this year, Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, Metroid Prime 4, a Switch Pokémon hopefully next year. Makes me much happier I got my Switch.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 3:39 pm

HYPED

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 4:39 pm

They did very well, but after all this time could we not have seen a little bit of CGI for the metroid game? It's great to know it's coming but that pretty much tells us that work probably has JUST started. Which is kinda disappointing personally.

No interest in Pokémon but it's a great news for fans. It's gonna sell a sh*t ton of switch consoles.

And Dino's in Mario? Yes.... I want a whole game like that.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 4:48 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
They did very well, but after all this time could we not have seen a little bit of CGI for the metroid game? It's great to know it's coming but that pretty much tells us that work probably has JUST started. Which is kinda disappointing personally.

No interest in Pokémon but it's a great news for fans. It's gonna sell a sh*t ton of switch consoles.

And Dino's in Mario? Yes.... I want a whole game like that.

Yeah the pokemon thing is basically like Nintendo's license to print money with that. Thats really what its good for I think. Also the mario one you can possess people and animals in that game with the distinction being that the new people have hats so you can tell which are controlled by mario

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 6:07 pm

Lame conferences. Sony was weak this year, they didn't do a weak conference in years.

Loved GOW and Shadow of the Colossus. And of course, Crash is here!

The rest is....rest.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 7:36 pm

That's because Sony's main investment is VR and they want to get the most out of it, hence why 80% of their presentation were VR games.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 8:21 pm

Ugh Nintendo fanboys are the worst. "Hurrr Nintendo won shup up haters"

Yeah, Nintendo "won" thanks to Sony being weak in this E3, otherwise you stupid fanboys wouldn't be coming out of your wormholes.

Anyway.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 8:53 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Yeah, Nintendo "won" thanks to Sony being weak in this E3, otherwise you stupid fanboys wouldn't be coming out of your wormholes.

Anyway.
I think it was a weak E3 overall, but was a strong show for Nintendo. Problem is half their big reveals were "it's coming", and that was all there was. Another problem is they've done a few reveals through their post-Direct Treehouse stream, and I don't think any is paying major attention to it.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 9:47 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

you should definitely go find a copy of RDR--you can probably find it for a great price at GameStop, probably under $20 at this point, maybe even closer to $10

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:00 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Anyway.

Nintendo had the strongest conference of the entire thing. Period. Has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it's judging based on what was shown. Even if Sony had shown stuff like Last of Us 2, which judging from social media a lot of people don't want to be made..it still would of lost to Nintendo. Even Microsoft's announcement that you can play the OG Xbox games beats what Nintendo did. Literally everyone claimed Nintendo was going to be the weakest because their presentation was apparently only 25 minutes, while Sony had an hour.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:34 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Anyway.

Nintendo had the strongest conference of the entire thing. Period. Has nothing to do with being a fanboy, it's judging based on what was shown. Even if Sony had shown stuff like Last of Us 2, which judging from social media a lot of people don't want to be made..it still would of lost to Nintendo. Even Microsoft's announcement that you can play the OG Xbox games beats what Nintendo did. Literally everyone claimed Nintendo was going to be the weakest because their presentation was apparently only 25 minutes, while Sony had an hour.
It was strong only because of Metroid IMO. And it doesn't mean it was a good *STRONG* conference, just that it was better, because as I said, Sony made a weak conference.

The Last of Us 2 have a lot of hype on it's back, it would easilly overshadow everything so far.

This E3 was weak, Nintendo had a good conference, but not anything major like the Nintendo fanboys (yep, fanboys, I checked over them) are saying. They came from their wormholes now, and it's really annoying. "Hurrr it won hurrr" while the entire E3 was lame, yep, they can't admit when even their favorite company doesn't do a GREAT conference. All 3 conferences were weak in the end.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 10:41 pm

Nothing major
-Mario Odyssey gameplay
-2 Metroid games
-A Pokemon game for the Switch that EVERYBODY has been asking for
-Kirby
-Mario & Rabbids crossover

Nintendo had the best conference, that's the facts. What's annoying is taking everything someone gets hyped for so seriously, lol.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:33 pm

Pokemon and Mario are overhyped, everyone knows that but nobody admits. There are a lot of games that deserve to sell better than those, but well, not everything is fair. Pokemon is basically a cash grabbing stuff now.

Metroid is the only thing that is really interesting. The other games just sell because of the name. 

And I'm not a fanboy, I have a 3DS here so I know when I say that. It's not because "I don't like it bc I must not like it".

By the way, I'm not taking hype seriously, I'm taking fanboyism and annoying tweets like "HURRR IT WON ANYONE THAT DOESN'T AGREE SHUT UP" stuff.

Weak conferences. The stuff I'm most hyped for are 2 remakes of games I can spend more time playing them than any of those "cool trendy" games.

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 11:36 pm

As a Wii U owner I have to disagree with Nintendo having the best conference. That entire thing gave me PTSD Wii U flashbacks. Third party apart from rocket league was completely MIA. And yeah Nintendo has a strong year this year, kinda. Mario kart 8=can play on the U. Same with Zelda.

Splatoon 2 and arms cool. Xenoblade is obviously a big deal. Mario looks astonishing. (They have more this year).

But the thing is that Nintendo did absolutely nothing to assure me that we won't be in another massive drought in 2018 just like the Wii U was.

I'm not trying to hate I'm just stating how I feel. I mean if they said metroid early 2018 along with Pokémon I'd be all in. But as far as the future I have no idea what to expect from Nintendo. Doesn't even look like Switch is getting COD(which Wii U did).

I think Sony had the strongest conference over all. They have had an amazing line up this year and we know their lineup for next year is packed.

Will I say they are the "Winner"? Hell no. IMO Sony, Nintendo and MS are like three kids. They all got failing grades and even if one was a little higher it was still a fail. So there was no winner lol.

Sony may have had a bad conference but they were the only company that could provide me immediate confidence in the future. Which is personally extremely important to me.

Now obviously Nintendo is gonna have directs and things will be announced. But as it stands E3 wise, it's scaring me away from picking up Switch in the immediate future.

Edit: also retro isn't making metroid! Their last game was at the beginning of 2014. I realize masterpieces take time.... but where the heck are you guys?? I mis you lol

Just my perspective.

Last edited by Troyal1 on Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 11 of 16Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16  Next