Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Official Video Game Thread

Go down 
+30
Bbrink1996
Rhedosaurus
Spiegel
Chimichanga
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
Tyrant Lizard
Tarbtano
Oshronosaurus
CloneTrooper101
Scott B
MissDNA
Megaspino2
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
Crashfan1ooo
Crimsonraptor
Rex Prime
Katana
Troyal1
TRK/TrexKing
TheDreamMaster
Prowler
Dead2009
Voltage
Pokesaurus
Theta Rex
Ian_Malcolm_chaotician
nanotyrano
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next
AuthorMessage
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:55 pm

^ Dark Souls will do that to you Razz. Once you get used to the fairly advanced combat tactics of the Souls games a lot of other medieval style game combat seems too simple. But in my opinion Skyrim's combat system works for what it is trying to accomplish.

But I do agree, the Skyrim remastered is essentially fan service to anyone who hasn't played it on the PC. And honestly, I personally enjoyed it so much that I will be a huge fan boy and go out and buy it again Razz.
Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 4:59 pm

Agreed. Skyrim's combat is a prettied up dps race, but it isn't the kind of combat that completely puts me off a game (I hated Morrowind's RNG 'oh the dice roll decided that you missed' combat system).

Hatchling
Hatchling
Katana

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:54 pm

So Im a bit conflicted now. Ive been firm in my stance to not buy Infinity War (or really any CoD that doesnt have zombies), but after seeing that gameplay at E3 I dont know what to do. It looks extremely promising, but lord help me if Im just being tricked into buy a turd thinking its a diamond.

Formally: Sinncrow
Back to top Go down
Crashfan1ooo
Embryo
Embryo
Crashfan1ooo

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 10:57 pm

Oh my gosh I'm dying of Crash hype. Mainly for the remasters though... I hope they sell the Skylander separately.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 11:07 pm

Based Kojima.

Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 11:13 pm

Sinncrow wrote:
So Im a bit conflicted now. Ive been firm in my stance to not buy Infinity War (or really any CoD that doesnt have zombies), but after seeing that gameplay at E3 I dont know what to do. It looks extremely promising, but lord help me if Im just being tricked into buy a turd thinking its a diamond.

Hm, you could try waiting a bit. I haven't been following COD since the original Black Opps but I'm guessing it's coming out around November/December? If so, wait for some reviews and or watch some videos of it on Youtube. If you wait until after the release there should be enough videos of the game for you to get a feel of it you might like it or not.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 11:15 pm

RESIDENT EVIL VII DEMO TONIGHT!!!!!!

Also that new Kojima game looks interesting.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Katana
Hatchling
Hatchling
Katana

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 11:47 pm

Megaspino2 wrote:

Hm, you could try waiting a bit. I haven't been following COD since the original Black Opps but I'm guessing it's coming out around November/December? If so, wait for some reviews and or watch some videos of it on Youtube. If you wait until after the release there should be enough videos of the game for you to get a feel of it you might like it or not.

Tbh that's probably what Ill end up legitimately doing anyways. Im not pre ordering it at all, but depending on how reviews and opinions on it say come Nov. (I think its Nov.) I may get it, which is a big deal for me personally. Ive always hated CoD (not including Black Ops Zombies).

Overall, everyone but EA really brought their A game to E3 so far. Im really considering getting a lot of these games, and even the Xbox One S. Let's see how Nintendo does tomorrow.

Formally: Sinncrow
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 2:01 am

Anyone play the Resident Evil 7 demo yet? I haven't but I've bee watching it. It looks interesting.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 2:18 am

I don't know if I'm mad with Sony/Activision or happy bc I finally got some Crash news.

When I heard the music and saw the background on the stage I went wild like "OMG A NEW GAME, IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING". I saw the audience go wild too and then I got the news tha it was a "remaster being made from ground 0"...My hype droped and I went full rage.

Crash Bandicoot is my childhood icon, and I've waited years to see it back. The very fact that the first 3 games (they're amazing, you can't beat ND's Crash) got a remake (since Sony exec said they're making it from ground 0) makes me happy and I really wish this is a test to see if they actually sell well so we'll get a new game after. I'll buy it if it's physical copy even if I don't have a PS4, bc I want a new Crash game so bad.

I hope if it happens, Sony buys the IP or team up with Activision so there won't be a risk we'll get another Mind over the mutant trash.

I just hope it sells well and they make a new game, that will bitchslap those Crash haters and make them eat crow for mocking Crash fans. I'm sure a lot of ppl still like the games. Crash games sold a lot on PS1, one of the best selling PS1 franchises.

The Skylanders design doesn't look bad to me, many ppl said it's horrible, but heh, I think they must read more about Crash since the design reminds the original design from ND's game. I always loved the unique way Crash looked, he was kinda crazy, fun and dumb too. It's better than that tatoo crap they did years ago.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:07 pm

Since I didnt get to posting last night....

Batman: Arkham VR Is A DC Comics Visual Novel

Kojima Astounds With PS4 Title Death Stranding

New Spider-Man PS4 Title Announced From Insomniac Games

PlayStation VR To Be Released In October

The Last Guardian Is Finally Coming This October

Back to top Go down
Prowler
Hatchling
Hatchling
Prowler

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:14 pm

It's here!

And he's voiced by Sasuke/Lagoon Boy/Ben 10! XD

Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 12:23 pm

Nintendo Showcases The Legend Of Zelda: Breath Of The Wild With New Trailer

Xbox Live Gold Not Required for New PC-Xbox One Cross-Buy Program

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 4:27 pm

Nothing from Nintendo get's my interest. =/

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 6:07 pm

I'm excited for The Walking Dead: Season 3 and Batman from Telltale.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 6:41 pm

Sony killed it this year. Saved E3 for me
Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:37 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I accidentally  gave you an upvote for that. I don't no why. I actually am quite the opposite

ZELDA IS BACK! NO MOTION CONTROL OR EVEN SECOND SCREEN BULLSHIT!
https://gfycat.com/SharpFlamboyantImperatorangel

Tho I'd understand why someone wouldn't be excited for Breath Of The Wind, being a Nintendo console exclusive and all is pretty off-putting.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 7:45 pm

I haven't really played a Zelda game but I'll prolly buy the new game when it comes out.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 9:24 pm

Rex Prime wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I accidentally  gave you an upvote for that. I don't no why. I actually am quite the opposite

ZELDA IS BACK! NO MOTION CONTROL OR EVEN SECOND SCREEN BULLSHIT!
https://gfycat.com/SharpFlamboyantImperatorangel

Tho I'd understand why someone wouldn't be excited for Breath Of The Wind, being a Nintendo console exclusive and all is pretty off-putting.

Oh, thanks for letting me know about the upvote. I was wondering where it came from. Laughing

Well, I never been much into Zelda games (pls don't kill me), mostly bc I just played 2 of them and didn't get in contact with the others. Zelda OOT is great IMO but I played the 3DS one and hated it. I just think it isn't my type of game at all. I had a SNES when I was very young, got a 64 and then played Zelda on it. Latter I got a GB color but with no games and a 3DS.

The Nintendo franchises I like the most are Metroid and Mario.

Back to top Go down
Rex Prime
Embryo
Embryo
Rex Prime

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:10 pm

Honestly it depends on what were your problems with Zelda in the first place, I have my problems with them too. I can't get myself to replay any of the 3D ones because they are so goddamn hand holdey and end up wasting your time. The way this new Zelda starts reminds me of Dark Souls, straight to the action, no bullshit, just the game.

Its quite clear that this new Zelda game is very different from the others, whether that be good or bad, its up to the individual

Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 10:34 pm

I've never been a fan of Zelda either. I mean it does look cool but I played some of Twlight Princess and I just couldn't get it into. That one didn't start right into action but like Dark Souls they didn't really hold your hand much. Not sure if it was just that game though.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:01 pm

I've never finished a Zelda game. Got close on Twilight Princess but other stuff just got my attention. New Zelda looks great, but I still think I probably won't play it.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2016 12:32 am

Rex Prime wrote:
Honestly it depends on what were your problems with Zelda in the first place, I have my problems with them too. I can't get myself to replay any of the 3D ones because they are so goddamn hand holdey and end up wasting your time. The way this new Zelda starts reminds me of Dark Souls, straight to the action, no bullshit, just the game.

Its quite clear that this new Zelda game is very different from the others, whether that be good or bad, its up to the individual

I think the pace was the problem. It started slow and the puzzles were kinda boring (the 3DS one, I forgot the name). I almost slept playing it, seriously.

I have problems with games that has a slow pace, I can start playing it but I'll drop soon too.

I might check this new Zelda, if it is really different.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2016 7:07 pm

A dinosaur game for PS VR that was shown off last year got some new gameplay. 
https://youtu.be/9i2xx0RbVRI

I like it
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 2:18 pm

Dead Rising 4 Xbox One, Windows 10 Exclusivity Is Timed

Quote :

Microsoft has revealed Dead Rising 4 will only be a timed-exclusive on Xbox One and Windows 10 when it releases later this year.

According to Gamespot, Microsoft says "it will remain a Windows 10 exclusive for the first 90 days and console exclusive on Xbox One for one year."

Dead Rising 2 is the only game in the franchise to have made it to PlayStation so far, as the first game and Dead Rising 3 were both console exclusives on Xbox.

Dead Rising 4's timed exclusivity means there's a possibility it will be coming to Steam some time after the 90 days are up, and to PS4 after a year.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 4:17 pm

So if I wait for Dead Rising on PS4, then I'll probably get a nice GotY edition with all the DLC for cheaper than it was on Xbone. Sounds fine to me.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 18, 2016 11:40 pm

Anyone excited for Telltale's Walking Dead season 3? I am!

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 12:20 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Sony killed it this year. Saved E3 for me

That God of War reveal was one of the single greatest things I've ever seen in a live conference. That live orchestra, plus that moment we first see Kratos, is amazing.

Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 11:55 am

I think I'm gonna get myself a PS4 later this year. Their conference really got me interested. And I gotta play Naughty Dogs' games sometime.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 1:02 pm

I plan on getting a Xbox One before Christmas myself...maybe on Black Friday if I save up enough money lol.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Official Video Game Thread   The Official Video Game Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Official Video Game Thread
Page 2 of 16Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9 ... 16  Next