Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 264
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:51 am

What's the best performance for each Jurassic movie? I mean only acting-wise, not character-wise.
You can have a maximum of 2 choices.

Mines are:

JP: Richard Attenborough (John Hammond)
TLW: Pete Postlethwaite (Roland Tembo)
JP3: Sam Neill (Alan Grant)
JW: Irrfan Khan (Simon Masrani) and Bryce Dallas Howard (Claire Dearing)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
CT-1138
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
Dinosaur Fact File Curator
avatar

Posts : 617
Join date : 2012-04-06
Age : 24
Location : Chicago

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:06 pm

JP: Richard Attenborough, easily. 

TLW: Pete Postlethwaite

JP///: Michael Jeter 

JW: Irrfan Khan
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 496
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 27
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:41 pm

JP: Richard Attenborough

TLW: Pete Postlethwaite

JP3: Sam Neil

JW: Irrfan Khan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 912
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:14 pm

JP: Richard Attenborough

TLW: Pete Postlethwaite

JP3: Sam Neill

JW: BD Wong

I was going to put down Irrfan Khan, and while I think he is the most seasoned and nuanced actor in the cast, I found myself gravitating towards BD's performance of Wu, which I felt was this unique balance of ambition, arrogance, soft-spoken charm and wit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 870
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:48 pm

JP: Richard Attenborough

TLW: Jeff (Okay, I confess, this is bc I love Ian Malcolm too  Laughing )

JP3: The Spinosaurus animatronic. tongue

JW: Irrfan Khan easilly, followed by BD Wong, IMO. Bryce was awesome too, but I felt she could do better (she's an amazing actress).
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 264
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 3:58 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
JP: Richard Attenborough

TLW: Jeff (Okay, I confess, this is bc I love Ian Malcolm too  Laughing )

JP3: The Spinosaurus animatronic. tongue

JW: Irrfan Khan easilly, followed by BD Wong, IMO. Bryce was awesome too, but I felt she could do better (she's an amazing actress).

I don't know, I think it was a bit wooden Razz

About Bryce... she felt a bit wooden in some of her first scenes but IMO it's because of her character. When Claire starts to change, Bryce's performance gets better and better at every scene.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 870
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : My cubby room aka My world

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:05 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
JP: Richard Attenborough

TLW: Jeff (Okay, I confess, this is bc I love Ian Malcolm too  Laughing )

JP3: The Spinosaurus animatronic. tongue

JW: Irrfan Khan easilly, followed by BD Wong, IMO. Bryce was awesome too, but I felt she could do better (she's an amazing actress).

I don't know, I think it was a bit wooden Razz

About Bryce... she felt a bit wooden in some of her first scenes but IMO it's because of her character. When Claire starts to change, Bryce's performance gets better and better at every scene.

I think that's bc she needed to act more "robotic" in the first scenes with Claire, to show how she was so workaholic to the point of showing no emotions. But I love her moments when she's in the bungalow talking with Owen and in the I.rex paddock with Masrani. Some of her lines were great IMO and it really felt deep. No wonder she's one of my favorite characters from JW.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 264
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:26 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
JP: Richard Attenborough

TLW: Jeff (Okay, I confess, this is bc I love Ian Malcolm too  Laughing )

JP3: The Spinosaurus animatronic. tongue

JW: Irrfan Khan easilly, followed by BD Wong, IMO. Bryce was awesome too, but I felt she could do better (she's an amazing actress).

I don't know, I think it was a bit wooden Razz

About Bryce... she felt a bit wooden in some of her first scenes but IMO it's because of her character. When Claire starts to change, Bryce's performance gets better and better at every scene.

I think that's bc she needed to act more "robotic" in the first scenes with Claire, to show how she was so workaholic to the point of showing no emotions. But I love her moments when she's in the bungalow talking with Owen and in the I.rex paddock with Masrani. Some of her lines were great IMO and it really felt deep. No wonder she's one of my favorite characters from JW.

Yeah, I still think some of her lines from the first half of the movie are a bit too robotic, but I'm just being nitpicky here XD 90% of her performance was great.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 72
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Elephant Island, Antarctica

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:46 pm

JP - Richard Attenborough/Bob Peck
TLW - Pete Postlethwaite/Jeff Goldblum
JP3 - Sam Neill
JW - Irrfan Khan/Bryce Dallas Howard
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.instagram.com/aegyptiacus3
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:09 pm

JP - Richard Attenborough
TLW - Pete Postlethwaite
JP3 - Sam Neil
JW - Jake Johnson

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Raptor Dash
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-06-13
Age : 19
Location : Ian Malcolm's apartment

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:12 am

JP: Jeff Goldblum
TLW: Jeff Goldblum*
JP3: Sam Neill
JW: Bryce Dallas Howard

*It's not because I'm in love with him, it's because of his actual acting. He's the best, fight me.**

**Please don't actually fight me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptordash.wordpress.com
Darth Spidey
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 57
Join date : 2016-06-08
Location : Hell's basement

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:36 am

JP: Jeff Goldlblum
TLW: The Goldblum
JP3: David Levinson
JW: Seth Brundle



Back to top Go down
View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClTD7BVp0C0AopETI1coujw
Raptor Dash
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 13
Join date : 2016-06-13
Age : 19
Location : Ian Malcolm's apartment

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:59 am

Darth Spidey wrote:
JP: Jeff Goldlblum
TLW: The Goldblum
JP3: David Levinson  
JW: Seth Brundle




I'd like to change my answer to this, please.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://raptordash.wordpress.com
dance2nite
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
avatar

Posts : 392
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 24
Location : Melbourne, Australia

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Thu Jun 30, 2016 2:35 am

P - Richard Attenborough
TLW - Pete Postlethwaite
JP3 - Sam Neil
JW - Irrfan Khan

Back to top Go down
View user profile
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
avatar

Posts : 65
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Queens, NY

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:18 pm

JP: Richard Attenborough
TLW: Pete Postlethwaite
JP3: Sam Neill (honorable mention for Michael Jeter)
JW: Irrfan Khan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
owenpratt
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
avatar

Posts : 264
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23
Location : Italy

PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:09 am

Looks like the consensus for now is JP: Richard Attenborough, TLW: Pete Postlethwaite, JP3: Sam Neill, and JW: Irrfan Khan
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie   

Back to top Go down
 
Best actor/actress performance from each Jurassic movie
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Where have I seen that dw actor/actress before?
» Anime/Cartoon Voice Actor/Actress worship thread [Janyse Jaud, Grey DeLisle, and many more!]
» "Wonder Woman" movie for 2013?
» My-Hime Live Action Movie: Cast and Actors?
» Indian actress Tabu met George Clooney

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Franchise :: Film Universe-
Jump to: