Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.

Go down 
+19
Dead2009
V.a.nublarensis
Amanasaur Rex
Sickle_Claw
Dr. Wu
The Geeky Zoologist
Rhedosaurus
#TRexSpinorematch
Tyrant Lizard
GwrChurchward
TheDreamMaster
TyrantGojira
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
CT-1138
Levine
Spinosaur4.4
Megaspino2
TRK/TrexKing
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Empty
PostSubject: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:26 am

(Did not see a thread on this so...)

Hello everybody! First of all I want to thank the staff for letting us talk about this topic. We are fully aware that has been a controversial topic in the past so we will try to talk about it with as much respect as we can.

This is not a who would win in real life type of thread but rather to discuss (or inform) about how in December of 2015 Colin Trevorrow did take note of our petition asking for a T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2.

Though Colin responding to it did cause the news to go somewhat viral and most fans are at least aware that there is still interest in a rematch even after 16 years, not everyone is clear on why there is still interest in a rematch after 16 years.

Some point out that rematch supporters are just inmature children that can not get over that their dinosaur lost a fight. Well, it is not quite that. What most T Rex fans really hated about the JP3 fight is not just that one random Rex lost a single fight but rather that the movie overall clearly establishes that within the Jurassic Park films canon, the Spinosaurus species is much much superior in every way to the T Rex species. Thus ruining what they loved most about their favorite first 2 films.

So it is not quite as simple as children crying over losing. In fact most fans in our petition are over the age of 25. Longtime fans of not just the T Rex but dinosaurs in general. I say that because that is another critic that I sometimes hear about rematch supporters, that they only care for the T Rex and do not care for anything else. Yes we think the rematch needs to happen, but we also love the rest of the dinosaurs, the story of the movie, the characters and everything.

What makes this topic sometimes hard for people to get, is because something similar has not happened as often in famous franchises. But imagine for a second if there was a Lion King 3 and the film established that there is this other Lion that will always humilliate Simba no matter what and just leave it like that... Fans of all ages would be pissed to say the least.

Others might say that Jurassic World already gave revenge to the T Rex by having it smash a Spino skeleton and having it again on a prominent role by participating in the triple team against the Indominus but there are 2 problems with that... Neither a skeleton smash nor a Rex getting quickly knocked out against I Rex cancel the fact that JP3 firmly established that the Spinosaurus species is overall much much superior to the T Rex species and can take them down with much ease.

(And I never bought the whole JP3 T Rex is a teen so)... We decided to make the petition, and ask everyone if you can help us by joining and sharing it in order for the producers of JW2 not to ignore it yet again after asking for it for 16 long years.

And if you do not agree with our petition or the idea of a rematch, it is ok. We respect you. We are not here to tell everyone how they have to feel. Art is relative and subjective and there is no such thing as the correct way to be a fan. Like we said before, we want to break the stereotype that T Rex fans and rematch supporters are inmature children on a rage

Thank you to everyone for understanding. Here is the link:

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Empty
PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:44 am

Before anybody else asks, do you plan to talk about other things here? Somebody did this on JPL and was so single minded on this issue, that he winded up getting perma-banned.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:46 am

We just had to bring up the petition in the other thread, didn't we.....

We brought this on ourselves Sad

You don't happen to be Rex Redemption, do you?

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 8:49 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
We just had to bring up the petition in the other thread, didn't we.....

We brought this on ourselves Sad

You don't happen to be Rex Redemption, do you?

I just think that it would have happened regardless. Even more so considering how this place got famous via Neomorph's big leak.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
The Geeky Zoologist
Hatchling
Hatchling
The Geeky Zoologist

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:13 am

A small open message to the author of this topic :

Dude, no one with an once of maturity give a damn s**t about your f***ing stupid rematch. If you aims to bring it on the table over and over, just don't be surprised if people ask for your banishment.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:22 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Before anybody else asks, do you plan to talk about other things here? Somebody did this on JPL and was so single minded on this issue, that he winded up getting perma-banned.

Well I just created my account yesterday...But yeah, I also wanted to talk about other things Jurassic Park related. (In fact, I already posted on another thread not related with this).

Like I said in my post, I like the topic of paleontology in general. I apologize if I gave the impression that I am only going to talk about this topic in particular.

I honestly did not know that the amount of topics that you talk about was an issue. If so, then I will try to do my best to follow the forum policy.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:26 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well I just created my account yesterday...But yeah, I also wanted to talk about other things Jurassic Park related. (In fact, I already posted on another thread not related with this).

Like I said in my post, I like the topic of paleontology in general. I apologize if I gave the impression that I am only going to talk about this topic in particular.

Ok, then. Then as long as you talk about other things here, then welcome to Jurassic Mainframe.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:39 am

All fans of Jurassic Park, dinosaurs and paleontology should be welcomed here and feel free to enjoy the forums. But trying to push a divisive argument like whether or not a particular dinosaur should or should not be killed in a fight is always going to get some people riled up. There may be fans who feel like a Rex vs Spino rematch would be fun to see, but to me its something that's best left in the past.

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:42 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
There may be fans who feel like a Rex vs Spino rematch would be fun to see, but to me its something that's best left in the past.

Or at least only get talked about now and then/here and there.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 9:50 am

The Geeky Zoologist wrote:
A small open message to the author of this topic :

Dude, no one with an once of maturity give a damn s**t about your f***ing stupid rematch. If you aims to bring it on the table over and over, just don't be surprised if people ask for your banishment.

Easy now, no need for that kind of aggression.

Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 10:01 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Ok, then. Then as long as you talk about other things here, then welcome to Jurassic Mainframe.

Thanks, I was just a little confused at your question since I read the rules and I never saw one about users having to talk about more than just one topic so I was like...What did I miss? But it is ok, no big deal.

Though I think if someone was banned from Jurassic Park Legacy it is not because they talked about the same topics often but rather because the topic of the rematch in particular was banned there if I remember correctly (I am not sure so, feel free to correct me).

And I do understand the reasons of why the topic was banned, I know that it is a topic that sometimes has led to hostility in the past although that happens on every franchise like on Star Wars, when Original Trilogy fans argue with Prequel Trilogy fans, it can get really ugly (In fact I would argue that it gets worse than anything Rex Spino related).

But I would still like to be given the benefit of the doubt to talk about the topic of the rematch in a calm cool and levelheaded manner. Because we have done it in the past, in other forums.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 10:09 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Thanks, I was just a little confused at your question since I read the rules and I never saw one about users having to talk about more than just one topic so I was like...What did I miss? But it is ok, no big deal.

Though I think if someone was banned from Jurassic Park Legacy it is not because they talked about the same topics often but rather because the topic of the rematch in particular was banned there if I remember correctly (I am not sure so, feel free to correct me).

And I do understand the reasons of why the topic was banned, I know that it is a topic that sometimes has led to hostility in the past although that happens on every franchise like on Star Wars, when Original Trilogy fans argue with Prequel Trilogy fans, it can get really ugly (In fact I would argue that it gets worse than anything Rex Spino related).

But I would still like to be given the benefit of the doubt to talk about the topic of the rematch in a calm cool and levelheaded manner. Because we have done it in the past, in other forums.

That is true. But I think some people got warnings/temporary bans for being repetitive on other issue. Even though we are allowed to talk about it here, it's basically semi-taboo. Like I said, only on a now and then basis.

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 10:37 am

One of the main things we wanted this site to become was a place where JP fans could talk about any topic regarding JP in a civil and intelligent manner. This person has come to us wanting to have a discussion, he is being calm and level headed. The least we can do is give him the courtesy of engaging in a peaceful conversation. So guys calm down a bit and let's hear what he has to say.

Now, personally I will agree with you on how JP3 went out of it's way to make the spino more superior than the t.rex. It was a product of filmmakers along with Horner trying to do something new. They were well intentioned with wanting to feature a new dinosaur, but the manner in which they executed it was poor. There's a reason people get passionate about this topic; in a 30 second scene the film took the icon of the former movies and turned it into fodder for their new movie monster.

The spino in JP3 acted like a mindless monster not a real animal and for this reason spino deserves a new appearance in future films, but not for it to be used as fodder for the rex. Two wrongs don't make a right and making a spino a throwaway dinosaur just so that it can get mauled by a t.rex won't fix the utter mess JP3 was. Even if the spino was given legitimate screen time only to die to the rex in a "forced fight" it still wouldn't be good.

Honestly, the two super predator clashes we have in the series really stain the movies where they take place: Jp3 for obvious reasons and JW because the fatal fourway match we had between Blue, i.rex, T.rex, and a mosa was just plain corny. It turns these movies that were supposed to about making all dinosaurs as animal like as possible into a Jurassic style fight club. If we see any dinosaur clashes in the future I would rather them be battles between predator and prey. Super predators just wouldn't fight to the death unless the stakes were extremely high ans most fights would probably end with intimidating roars or a quick scuffle.

In short, I for one would not like to see this rematch. It's best to leave the infamous fight in the history books.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 10:45 am

OMG not you again.  pale Mad

Here we go...

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 10:47 am

Spino4.4, I know this is emotional for you but please calm down. This is just a discussion.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 10:54 am

Megaspino2 wrote:
Spino4.4, I know this is emotional for you but please calm down. This is just a discussion.
*breaths slowly*

Okay, I'm calm. 

I'll look how this will play out.

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 11:13 am

Megaspino2 wrote:
One of the main things we wanted this site to become was a place where JP fans could talk about any topic regarding JP in a civil and intelligent manner. This person has come to us wanting to have a discussion, he is being calm and level headed. The least we can do is give him the courtesy of engaging in a peaceful conversation. So guys calm down a bit and let's hear what he has to say.

Now, personally I will agree with you on how JP3 went out of it's way to make the spino more superior than the t.rex. It was a product of filmmakers along with Horner trying to do something new. They were well intentioned with wanting to feature a new dinosaur, but the manner in which they executed it was poor. There's a reason people get passionate about this topic; in a 30 second scene the film took the icon of the former movies and turned it into fodder for their new movie monster.

The spino in JP3 acted like a mindless monster not a real animal and for this reason spino deserves a new appearance in future films, but not for it to be used as fodder for the rex. Two wrongs don't make a right and making a spino a throwaway dinosaur just so that it can get mauled by a t.rex won't fix the utter mess JP3 was. Even if the spino was given legitimate screen time only to die to the rex in a "forced fight" it still wouldn't be good.

Honestly, the two super predator clashes we have in the series really stain the movies where they take place: Jp3 for obvious reasons and JW because the fatal fourway match we had between Blue, i.rex, T.rex, and a mosa was just plain corny. It turns these movies that were supposed to about making all dinosaurs as animal like as possible into a Jurassic style fight club. If we see any dinosaur clashes in the future I would rather them be battles between predator and prey. Super predators just wouldn't fight to the death unless the stakes were extremely high ans most fights would probably end with intimidating roars or a quick scuffle.

In short, I for one would not like to see this rematch. It's best to leave the infamous fight in the history books.

In fact I want to point out that we have nothing against Spinosaurus fans, most Spino fans are nice people.

The need for a rematch is not really T Rex fans wanting to make Spino fans feel bad but more like just wanting to correct the series for ourselves.

I do agree that the Spinosaurus should appear in the sequel but maybe it getting killed by a T Rex will reduce a significant amount of the hate towards it.

I also agree that the fight in Jurassic World was a bit superheroish. But on the other hand, literaly every JP film has featured fights between predators. JP had Rex VS Raptors, TLW had Raptor VS Raptor, JP3 had Rex VS Spino and JW had I Rex VS Ankylosauruses plus T Rex, Raptor, Mosasaurus VS I Rex.

Because without dino VS dino scenes, the Jurassic movies would then only be run and chase movies with predators running towards humans all the time.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 11:18 am

That's the problem, it's been more than 14 years and most JP don't even bother with this fight anymore. Not to be offensive but most that still bother about it are immature and think their favorite dinosaur was a pokemon that should kill everything and win all the fights. They don't accept the possibility of T.rex losing. It's really annoying.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 11:35 am

Outta this house, outta this house!

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Maxresdefault
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 11:57 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
That's the problem, it's been more than 14 years and most JP don't even bother with this fight anymore. Not to be offensive but most that still bother about it are immature and think their favorite dinosaur was a pokemon that should kill everything and win all the fights. They don't accept the possibility of T.rex losing. It's really annoying.

The Star Wars prequels were released 18 years ago and they still get enormous amounts of deep passionate hatred. (I love them by the way).

Sometimes fans just really honestly do not like something regardless of how much time has passed. It is not always an issue of maturity either.

For example if I really hated a song in 2001, hearing it again 16 years later will not make love it all of the sudden.

While I do admit that there is a level of fanaticism involved in this, it is not so much that we do not accept the possibility of it losing but rather than hating the fact that the series established that this other species will always take it down like nothing.

But it is not like we are saying that it is some kind of invincible superhero.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 12:53 pm

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 4:42 pm

Thread reopened after mod discussion. Remember to keep it civil.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 5:38 pm

I too didn't really like how the T-rex went out in JP3, however, I just don't like the idea of a rematch at all. There's no scenario that I can think of where a rematch wouldn't feel forced and unnecessary. I honestly don't think we'll ever see the Spinosaurus again in the series either. In my opinion, no, I really don't want to see a rematch, I'd rather the focus be on other things: expanding the lore, characters, new Dinosaurs, inGen and Biosyn etc. If we dwell too much on a rematch of a Dino fight that happened all the way back in part 3, we're not really focussing on progression.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 5:44 pm

I'm not against talking about it, but I honestly think that talking about it the way we did-now and then in other threads for a short period of time-is the far better way then just having a thread about it. Having a thread about it would only lead to an outright ban like what happened on Jurassic Park Legacy.

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 5:52 pm

The only reason people were banned on JPL was because all talk of the topic was forbidden. It was instated after flame war after flame war of epic proportions in the months/years after JP3's release. There is nowhere near that level of tension surrounding the topic now. As I said before one of the things we wanted to do differently from JPL was allow discussion and we would be hypocritical to prevent conversation from happening that wasn't heated. If there is a legitimate reason to lock this topic and hand out warnings/infractions/bans then that will happen but we aren't going to ban someone for wanting to talk about a certain topic. We're all old enough here to speak in a mature manner and I hope that we would all strive for that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:11 pm

Is religion the only subject that gets threads locked then, the forbidden zone not to be touched?
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:38 pm

To a degree yes, sometimes Politics depending on how heated it gets. We are going to try and not permanently lock threads but treat it as a cool down period, last thing we want to do is stop healthy discussion.

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:41 pm

TRK wrote:
To a degree yes, sometimes Politics depending on how heated it gets. We are going to try and not permanently lock threads but treat it as a cool down period, last thing we want to do is stop healthy discussion.

So these two were wildly inappropriate then?

https://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t942-did-dinosaurs-really-exist-some-say-they-didn-t
https://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t918-bill-nye-vs-ken-ham-debates
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:50 pm

Mistral wrote:
TRK wrote:

https://jurassicmainframe.forumotion.com/t942-did-dinosaurs-really-exist-some-say-they-didn-t

Yes, because talk about religion more often then not winds up turning into a mud fight, even more so this day and age. I used to belong to a paleontology group on Facebook, and religion there was mocked and attacked on a fairly constant basis. I tried to contact admins as much as I could since I didn't want it to become a religion bashing fest, but not long ago, one of the admins blamed for for making it worse when all I did was to prevent it from making it worse, which led to me leaving that group after that.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:55 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Mistral wrote:
TRK wrote:

Yes, because talk about religion more often then not winds up turning into a mud fight, even more so this day and age. I used to belong to a paleontology group on Facebook, and religion there was mocked and attacked on a fairly constant basis. I tried to contact admins as much as I could since I didn't want it to become a religion bashing fest, but not long ago, one of the admins blamed for for making it worse when all I did was to prevent it from making it worse, which led to me leaving that group after that.

I don't understand why religion is the sole exception that cannot be mocked (not that I'm advocating such thing happened in those threads, but for aguments sake), but everything else, be it political or scientific freely can be mocked. For example Bill Nye's opinions on population control. Why can his views be laughed at, but not the views of religious nature?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.   T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

T Rex Spinosaurus rematch in Jurassic World 2 petition noted by Colin Trevorrow.
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next