Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread

Go down 
+50
TheDreamMaster
IllOrfanato
Pachyrhinosaurus
TyrannosaurTJ
Gondrasia
CommanderKeller
DinoMike
JPMalcolmDilo
fallenkingdomLee
Baryonyx111
evolution_rex
Megaspino2
Viperman
HoldOntoYourButts
bammc
iuJacob
Meroune
TyrannoFan
Amadieus
Crimsonraptor
Dead2009
Bbrink1996
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
sdp
CT-1138
mosasaurus
Cbaitson
tigris115
Levine
BarrytheOnyx
dance2nite
Tyrant Lizard
baryonyx7
1morey
Rhedosaurus
FayhdrianColonist
NolaJP
Six-Foot Turkey
Dr. Wu
owenpratt
TRK/TrexKing
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Spiegel
Megatron
Spinosaur4.4
BoulderFaceplant
Herrerasaurus
Pokesaurus
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next

How excited has the first trailer footage made you?
Extremely hyped!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_lcap62%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 36 ]
Very excited!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_lcap17%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 10 ]
Looks good!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_lcap9%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 5 ]
Looks okay.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Unimpressed.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Less excited than I was before.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_lcap5%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 58

Back

AuthorMessage
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:33 pm

I definitely think the Trailer is inferior to the featurette, but the trailer was still pretty great and it definitely got me exited for the full film. I'm glad that they didn't show any footage from Lockwood Manor, hopefully they save that until we're closer to release.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:43 pm

Honestly, they probably should have saved the featurette for the day after the trailer, and just spread the last two teasers over the last couple of days, rather than having them both come out today.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:54 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Honestly, they probably should have saved the featurette for the day after the trailer, and just spread the last two teasers over the last couple of days, rather than having them both come out today.

That would have honestly been much better. The carno was still a huge surprise for me, but it would have been such a bigger surprise if we didn't even know it existed until the trailer.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 07, 2017 11:58 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

That would have honestly been much better. The carno was still a huge surprise for me, but it would have been such a bigger surprise if we didn't even know it existed until the trailer.

Yeah. Probably wouldn't have had so many people bitching about its untimely demise had there not been a day of knowing it was in the film beforehand xD

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Jpbann10

Last edited by Tyrant Lizard on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:03 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
SmugTheFab wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Yeah. Probably wouldn't have had so many people bitching about it's untimely demise had there not been a day of knowing it was in the film beforehand xD

Exactly. All in all, the Fallen Kingdom hype might have gone a bit overboard. xP

Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 am

Now that I've had time to sit on it for a bit, here are my thoughts.

The trailer overall was good, but there's a few issues with it that could have been avoided. Primarily, it focused too much on the stampede scene. Its a nice action piece but this trailer needed more plot/dialogue in it. I'm honestly shocked we didn't get anything Lockwood related considering there were bits of that in the behind-the-scenes video and teaser bits. I also feel there should have been more following their dip in the ocean at the end, as the ending of the trailer feels almost anti-climactic. And I can somewhat agree the Carno scene should have been saved for the film, though I don't mind it too much. One final, albeit nitpicky, issue I have is that they didn't use the cool JP theme rendition from the behind-the-scenes video, as it would have been better than the stock action music used.

But I don't mean to sound too negative, I do like the trailer. For one, I'm a fan of the dinosaur variety its shown. Secondly, I loved that scene where what looks like a toy dinosaur is actually a Compy, its pretty clever. The joke at the beginning gave me a laugh as well. The CGI is definitely looking better than Jurassic World's did. I can agree that they probably hyped this trailer up a bit too much, and they should have released the behind-the-scenes clip tomorrow or sometime after the trailer. Overall I'd rate the trailer around a 7.5 out of 10. I do think the movie is shaping up to be good, and most of my issues so far have been with the way this trailer was cut. Now hurry up and bring on the next one, Universal!

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!

Last edited by Pokesaurus on Fri Dec 08, 2017 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:34 am

i wanna say something really controversial about the trailer and the general audience in a post. It is not something that would get me banned, I don’t insult anyone.

But I’m worried you guys would hate me for it because i somewhat defend the GA. Not sure if I should post.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:38 am

The way the Rex/Carno/stampede scene was cut in the trailer is throwing me off.

First, they're in the midst of the stampede with different dinos running past them, next there's the Carno/Rex sequence, then after that they're in the midst of the stampede again and going off the cliff.

We're missing something here.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:41 am

Wow! I loved it. I could care less about lack of dialogue or blah blah blah. Its still 6 months away and I'm sure we'll get plenty more.

The one thing I dont like, as much as I hate to say it, is all these dinosaurs. Where did Carnotaurus, Allosaurus (?), and Styracosaurus come from? Dont get me wrong, I love seeing more dinosaurs. I especially love seeing my favorite, Carnotaurus. I just hope they have a good explanation for not having these species on brochures or the website from Jurassic World. In the end it its silly because Im just happy to see them.

Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:49 am

Pokesaurus wrote:
Now that I've had time to sit on it for a bit, here are my thoughts.

The trailer overall was good, but there's a few issues with it that could have been avoided. Primarily, it focused too much on the stampede scene. Its a nice action piece but this trailer needed more plot/dialogue in it. I'm honestly shocked we didn't get anything Lockwood related considering there were bits of that in the behind-the-scenes video and teaser bits. I also feel there should have been more following their dip in the ocean at the end, as the ending of the trailer feels almost anti-climactic. And I can somewhat agree the Carno scene should have been saved for the film, though I don't mind it too much. One final, albeit nitpicky, issue I have is that they didn't use the cool JP theme rendition from the behind-the-scenes video, as it would have been better than the stock action music used.

But I don't mean to sound too negative, I do like the trailer. For one, I'm a fan of the dinosaur variety its shown. Secondly, I loved that scene where what looks like a toy dinosaur is actually a Compy, its pretty clever. The joke at the beginning gave me a laugh as well. The CGI is definitely looking better than Jurassic World's did. I can agree that they probably hyped this trailer up a bit too much, and they should have released the behind-the-scenes clip tomorrow or sometime after the trailer. Overall I'd rate the trailer around a 7.5 out of 10. I do think the movie is shaping up to be good, and most of my issues so far have been with the way this trailer was cut. Now hurry up and bring on the next one, Universal!
Well said. I need to remind myself that this is just a teaser and that the trailer will have more dialogue but man the criticisms this film is getting already is worrisome. I hope people go see this movie!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:56 am

Let's all just remember, the director of Fallen Kingdom also gave us this masterpiece...

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 MV5BMTg1OTA5OTkyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODMwNDU5OTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_

So yeah, I'm not worried in the slightest.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:58 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Let's all just remember, the director of Fallen Kingdom also gave us this masterpiece...

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 MV5BMTg1OTA5OTkyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODMwNDU5OTE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_

the amazing movie indeed. In fact, all his movies are great and I think JWFK will be too but I am worried about the box office
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:02 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

the amazing movie indeed. In fact, all his movies are great and I think JWFK will be too but I am worried about the box office

The last film made 1.6 billion dollars. Even if this one doesn't make that much, JP has a huge casual audience following. Its audience isn't as hardcore as Marvel or Star Wars fans, so they don't have as much of an online presence, but come opening weekend, they'll flock to the theater Very Happy

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:08 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
The way the Rex/Carno/stampede scene was cut in the trailer is throwing me off.

First, they're in the midst of the stampede with different dinos running past them, next there's the Carno/Rex sequence, then after that they're in the midst of the stampede again and going off the cliff.

We're missing something here.

Yeah, it's really tripping me off.

My guess as to how the scene is going to play out: The volcano begins to erupt, they hide from the stampede behind the gyrosphere, the volcano settles down, and then they're attacked by the carnotaurus. There's a brief confrontation and then the carno charges, until Rexy comes in. As she roars, the volcano booms to life again, as we see in the trailer. Then they hop in the gyrosphere and ride off, catching up with the stampede as Rexy and the Carnotaurus flee into the jungle. Then I guess Owen gets out of the gyrosphere for some reason, and he's lost in the volcanic storm, unable to catch up with the gyrosphere. The gyrosphere then tumbles off the cliff, and the rest is history. They eventually end up in the tunnels some time after where they meet Baryonyx. Evil Plan

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:32 am

Wow this thread blew up quickly. I just happened to watch the trailer and I have some thoughts that I'd like to share.

Overall the trailer was ok, it doesn't really represent the "Dark" vibe Bayona was supposed to bring and comes off looking like something Michael Bay would put together. Right away we're thrown into action, with very little dialogue to set the movie either which was jarring. Essentially the extent of the dialogue shown was the filmmakers showing Owen and Claire have broken up, Ian rambling his trademark lines, and someone telling us that it's a "rescue mission". I also felt a bit too much was shown like Owen meeting Blue, the Carno, the full body shot of rexy, almost the entire stampede scene.

I'm not saying it was terrible but it could have been done much better. Something I was actually curious of was how this trailer stacks up to TLW (since there's a lot of similarities). I can say TLW trailer is far superior to this. For one it gives enough background to let us know what's going on, it shows us action scenes but it never focuses on a single one for too long and thus you don't feel like you've watched a good portion of the movie. Finally it actually builds suspense, we see raptors chasing people but we don't see what happens, we see quick flashes of the rex destroying things but not long enough for us to be spoiled and we see the dinosaurs trashing the hunter camp but again not enough to know the outcome. This is how I would have liked Fallen Kingdom to have done it.

As a side note it seems that corny dialogue and questionable acting are once again a thing.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:35 am

Megaspino2 wrote:

As a side note it seems that corny dialogue and questionable acting are once again a thing.

I don't quite see where you're getting that from.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:36 am

I presume they wash up on the beach after getting out of the Gyrophere? Also I wonder who captures Rexy? & if our heros do get off the island with Lockwood's men on the East Dock as the island burns? Also wonder how Daniella & Ted Levine get separated from Claire, Owen & Franklin before the stampede?

Hmm...lots of the questions to be answered which is great & also everything from this trailer was from the first half of the film according to the filmmakers which is exciting, no Lockwood manor scenes just yet! Razz
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:39 am

I just realized that they're using the original, triumphant T-Rex roar this time.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:54 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Megaspino2 wrote:

I don't quite see where you're getting that from.
Yea there was nothing wrong with the dialogue or acting in my opinion. And jeff goldblum is giving a good performance this ain't the jeff you see in interviews and thor ragnorak this is Ian Malcolm!
Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:01 am

Went to the trailer premier, got to see Jurassic World again in theaters with free popcorn/soda, a free Fallen Kingdom shirt/stickers and tickets to go to the premier of Fallen Kingdom. By the time I got time to tweet about the trailer everyone had already seen it but who cares, I had an amazing experience. Movie looks great.

Picture of my swag:
https://twitter.com/0sdp/status/938927760109654016

http://miscrave.com
Meroune
Embryo
Embryo
Meroune

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:08 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

This movie made me cry. His ghost movie is also great.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:46 am

Anybody notice that the animatronic Carnotaurus in the BTS video is not just different in size compared to the trailer Carno but also in colouring and appearance??
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

We might be getting more Carnotaurus after all! cheers

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:20 am

I'll be honest, I'm truly disappointed in this trailer.

All the hype for what? The worst video out of all the ones we had this week.

It's shown as a generic action movie, lacking any of the atmosphere that was shown in the little teases and in that wonderful Behind The Scenes.

The trailer starts well with that song (they used it in Black Mirror) and the funny Owen's dialogue. The cinematography at first look great when Owen is going to the island on the plane. The Compy shot between the toys also is clever. No Universal logo.

Now the bad things start though... The Brachiosaurus looks fake. Hope they fix it in 6 months.
One would think they present Malcolm in the trailer like they presented Han Solo in that TFA trailer. Instead they just put him there in the middle like one random character who does the voiceover. What he says at least is quite interesting (before he repeats his JP lines). Blue's part with Owen is nice. CGI is quite good, although you can see they still need to improve it a bit.

Then we have the Carnotaurus appereance. Glad the CGI for it and the design look pretty great. But here it comes the worst part of the trailer for me: the T-Rex still plays her deus ex machina role and kills for no reason the Carnotaurus. The CGI for the T-Rex when she roars looks videogame-ish. Hope they fix it. I really fear that the T-Rex saves Owen and co just because she remembers them or similar. That would be way too much.

The trailer ends with the stampede, which looks good at least, despite the awful generic music choice. I wonder how Owen survives after what we see in the trailer. Then there's this sudden logo, very anti-climatic, like they cut the trailer randomly.

If I had to give the trailer a vote, I'd give it a 4/10.
And the people who knows me here know that I'm generally very enhtusiastic about Jurassic World etc.

Now I will go back to the little teases and that wonderful BTS, to let my hype going up again, after it went really down after this awfully made trailer.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:51 am

owenpratt wrote:
I'll be honest, I'm truly disappointed in this trailer.

All the hype for what? The worst video out of all the ones we had this week.

It's shown as a generic action movie, lacking any of the atmosphere that was shown in the little teases and in that wonderful Behind The Scenes.

The trailer starts well with that song (they used it in Black Mirror) and the funny Owen's dialogue. The cinematography at first look great when Owen is going to the island on the plane. The Compy shot between the toys also is clever. No Universal logo.

Now the bad things start though... The Brachiosaurus looks fake. Hope they fix it in 6 months.
One would think they present Malcolm in the trailer like they presented Han Solo in that TFA trailer. Instead they just put him there in the middle like one random character who does the voiceover. What he says at least is quite interesting (before he repeats his JP lines). Blue's part with Owen is nice. CGI is quite good, although you can see they still need to improve it a bit.

Then we have the Carnotaurus appereance. Glad the CGI for it and the design look pretty great. But here it comes the worst part of the trailer for me: the T-Rex still plays her deus ex machina role and kills for no reason the Carnotaurus. The CGI for the T-Rex when she roars looks videogame-ish. Hope they fix it. I really fear that the T-Rex saves Owen and co just because she remembers them or similar. That would be way too much.

The trailer ends with the stampede, which looks good at least, despite the awful generic music choice. I wonder how Owen survives after what we see in the trailer. Then there's this sudden logo, very anti-climatic, like they cut the trailer randomly.

If I had to give the trailer a vote, I'd give it a 4/10.
And the people who knows me here know that I'm generally very enhtusiastic about Jurassic World etc.

Now I will go back to the little teases and that wonderful BTS, to let my hype going up again, after it went really down after this awfully made trailer.
I see what you mean. I actually like the whole trex taking out carno part but rexy needs some polishing cgi wise. The trailer as you said started off well but i  was not a fan of the direction they went. p.s. after watching the trailer a thousand times, that whole sequence with the carno is definitly going to be way longer. when it first appears, franklin and bryce are not in they gyrosphere. Then after rexy shows up, they are in the gyrosphere. so i think it plays out like this: initial explosion creates stampede then things calm down and carno approaches. the 3 characters then try to not get eaten by going in the gyrosphere and I'm sure we all know what happens next, but it looks like the real volcanic eruptions begins right when rexy roars.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:04 am

So after several hours and many replays later, I can now actually judge the trailer properly. So, the music at the beginning sounds weird to me. It would've been better without the lyrics. The scene with Claire and Owen is a pretty nice way to get introduced to the trailer, though. The court scene with Malcolm sounds like what I imagine an actual court session with this scenario would be like . Malcolm says some interesting lines too.

The scenes with the team arriving to the island are gorgeous, especially the Compy shot. I also like how we get a few shots from the middle of the film at this point, and the music now escalates the suspense. Blue and Owen meeting again is great.

The stampede scene was actually fine with the music they used. The Carnotaurus appearing was a pleasant surprise. However, I was really disappointed when Rexy knocks it down, ruining what would otherwise feel like a triumphant moment with her roaring as the volcano explodes in the background.

After this, the stampede scene went on for what seems like forever, and there's no interesting dialogue or scares that were promised and probably will get in the actual film, so from the moment Rexy appears, the trailer went downhill for me. I will say that the final shot with the gyrosphere in the water surrounded by dinosaurs drowning left a powerful punch in my heart.

Overall, it wasn't a bad trailer, but compared to the hype, it really should've been better, particularly the second half.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:19 am

https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/939076156585922561

Everything the trailer shows is from the first 57 minutes.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:22 am

owenpratt wrote:
https://twitter.com/colintrevorrow/status/939076156585922561

Everything the trailer shows is from the first 57 minutes.
57 minutes? I hope the pacing of the film isn't rushed.
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:25 am

This was an awful trailer. Almost nothing that we know about the movie was communicated properly in the trailer. The trailer only showed scenes that are sure to make people think it's just another shit explosionfest cashing in on nostalgia, when we know that's not the case. The BTS video had a totally different vibe, and honestly should have been the one they aired instead of the mess we got here. Whoever made this should be fired. I'm still hyped for the movie, but I'm incredibly let down by this trailer.

And also, please tell me there's more context to the Carno scene. I mean really? She just gets introduced to get killed by Rexy? I can't tell if they're trying to piss off or please fans with that one.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:32 am

TyrannoFan wrote:
This was an awful trailer. Almost nothing that we know about the movie was communicated properly in the trailer. The trailer only showed scenes that are sure to make people think it's just another shit explosionfest cashing in on nostalgia, when we know that's not the case. The BTS video had a totally different vibe, and honestly should have been the one they aired instead of the mess we got here. Whoever made this should be fired. I'm still hyped for the movie, but I'm incredibly let down by this trailer.

And also, please tell me there's more context to the Carno scene. I mean really? She just gets introduced to get killed by Rexy? I can't tell if they're trying to piss off or please fans with that one.

Yes, that T-Rex part still bothers me a lot.
The way the trailer is made is bad but at least it's a trailer problem. But the T-Rex scene is in the script, and killing the Carnotaurus so fast just for yet another triumphant T-Rex scene is kinda silly IMO.

Anyway, since we know that what was shown in the trailer is the first 57 minutes of the film, then it means the other half of the movie is set at Lockwood Manor probably, which I like. I like the jungle setting, but those Manor intern look gorgeous and dinos CGI look better in intern places.

Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:45 am

owenpratt wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:

Yes, that T-Rex part still bothers me a lot.
The way the trailer is made is bad but at least it's a trailer problem. But the T-Rex scene is in the script, and killing the Carnotaurus so fast just for yet another triumphant T-Rex scene is kinda silly IMO.

Indeed it's a trailer problem for sure. The problem is that trailers shape expectations and opinions of the movie before it's released, so it's very important to get them right. I went over to /r/movies, and they had the usual snark, but this time they truly genuinely hated this trailer and demonstrated extremely low expectations of the movie. Stuff like "stop ruining the franchise with these shitty cliche blockbusters," "they ran out of ideas," "this looks somehow worse than Jurassic World." They tend to be negative in general, but the negativity is really pushed to 11 this time, and it's no surprise. It really saddens me that people will think this will be a soulless garbage movie before it's even out thanks to this trailer. Hopefully a second, better one can mend this issue. I hope the trailer attached to TLJ is not this one and is a much better one.

Anyways, I am expecting the Volcano scene to really be pretty much the climax of the first half. Before this stampede scene there'll probably be various tense scenes involving Blue, the Baryonyx, and hopefully even a scary Carnotaurus scene (so that that tone-deaf Rexy fanservice scene isn't as lame as it seems in this trailer). And as you said, the rest of the movie should be largely in Lockwood Manor. I'm predicting about a 2hr film.

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread
Page 11 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 20  Next