Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread

Go down 
+50
TheDreamMaster
IllOrfanato
Pachyrhinosaurus
TyrannosaurTJ
Gondrasia
CommanderKeller
DinoMike
JPMalcolmDilo
fallenkingdomLee
Baryonyx111
evolution_rex
Megaspino2
Viperman
HoldOntoYourButts
bammc
iuJacob
Meroune
TyrannoFan
Amadieus
Crimsonraptor
Dead2009
Bbrink1996
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
sdp
CT-1138
mosasaurus
Cbaitson
tigris115
Levine
BarrytheOnyx
dance2nite
Tyrant Lizard
baryonyx7
1morey
Rhedosaurus
FayhdrianColonist
NolaJP
Six-Foot Turkey
Dr. Wu
owenpratt
TRK/TrexKing
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Spiegel
Megatron
Spinosaur4.4
BoulderFaceplant
Herrerasaurus
Pokesaurus
54 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next

How excited has the first trailer footage made you?
Extremely hyped!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_lcap62%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 62% [ 36 ]
Very excited!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_lcap17%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 17% [ 10 ]
Looks good!
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_lcap9%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 5 ]
Looks okay.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Unimpressed.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_lcap3%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 3% [ 2 ]
Less excited than I was before.
Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_lcap5%Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Vote_rcap
 5% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 58

Back

AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 12:10 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
TyrannoFan wrote:
Though, honestly, the original JP is still the king of dinosaur animation. I think maybe the absurdly fantastic animal movement in the film is what makes people view it so favorably compared to modern JP movies.

Yeah, I agree with you there. I mean, you take the still frames from the original and compare them with the still frames from JW, and the detail on the CGI in JW is undoubtedly far superior.

Seeing them in motion however, is a different story.

But still, the CGI I've seen in this trailer is already miles ahead of some of the stuff in JW, and at the very least on par with the best CGI of today.
Completely agree! I think that this time around it's going to be A LOT harder to tell which is CGI and which is animatronic. I swore the shot of Rexy with Owen Grady in the back of the truck was CGI but it turned out to be an animatronic. I would have sworn baby Blue was a practical effect, but she was CGI. The blending is flawless!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 1:29 am

The only time so far where I've felt the CGI has been iffy is one spot during the stampede section. When the Allo/Metri/whatever the new carnivore is shoves another dinosaur while running, the animation looks a bit off and seems almost like it's from a video game.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 5:51 am

Pokesaurus wrote:
The only time so far where I've felt the CGI has been iffy is one spot during the stampede section. When the Allo/Metri/whatever the new carnivore is shoves another dinosaur while running, the animation looks a bit off and seems almost like it's from a video game.

Stampede scenes and scenes of that ilk seem to be kinda tough. Every JP film has a scene like that, and in every film those are the scenes that hit me as the most CGI looking.

The Gallimimus flock in the first film didn't look overly great at points, especially when you got in close on the Gallis. The game trail scene in TLW was the most obvious CGI in the whole film imho. The stampede in JP3 didn't look overly realistic to me either, and the same goes for Pterasaur attack in JW.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:51 am

Seems like Fallen Kingdom trailer made more views than Infinity War in the same amount of time:

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorldES/status/939853822712786944

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:57 am

Didn't Infinity War get about 40 million views during the first day, though?
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 9:46 am

Yes, I guess it was a mistake then.
So forget my latest post lol

Back to top Go down
JPMalcolmDilo
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 7:35 pm

https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-trailer-breakdown/

Has some interesting info. Bayona says the stampede is the 'biggest scene' in the film.
Back to top Go down
TyrannoFan
Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 10, 2017 8:27 pm

JPMalcolmDilo wrote:
https://www.empireonline.com/movies/features/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-trailer-breakdown/

Has some interesting info. Bayona says the stampede is the 'biggest scene' in the film.

Correction: He calls the action sequence "the biggest seen in a Jurassic movie." AKA, this is the biggest action scene audiences have seen so far in a JP movie. Very important distinction

CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 1:33 am

Troyal1 wrote:
CT-1138 wrote:
Brad Mull and I are doing a trailer breakdown tomorrow night. I'll post that, which will have my complete thoughts, feelings, and speculations when it goes live.

Can’t wait to see it man.
Thanks! We recorded 2 hours of discussion, so the final cut will be almost 2 hours long of trailer and BTS teaser breakdown! I'll be sure to post if here when it gets uploaded to YouTube!

owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 4:29 pm

Thanks to Diego24240946 on Twitter I found this Empire article I completely missed.

If anyone is bothered by Owen surviving the volcano cloud, this article answers that.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 5:42 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Thanks to Diego24240946 on Twitter I found this Empire article I completely missed.

If anyone is bothered by Owen surviving the volcano cloud, this article answers that.
Thanks for the shout out. I actually found out about the article through JPmalcolmDilo's post on this page.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 7:51 pm

owenpratt wrote:

Wait, so it is possible for him to have survived that?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Wait, so it is possible for him to have survived that?

If he can survive holding an Infinity Stone in the first Guardians Of The Galaxy and if his own father, who was basically a god, also failed to kill him in the sequel, then a little cloud won't do a single bit of harm.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 11, 2017 10:52 pm

I was recently at a family gathering and everyone there said the trailer made them excited and they couldn't wait to see it, so I guess they might be part of the general audience Universal is trying to snag with that trailer.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 3:12 am

Pokesaurus wrote:
I was recently at a family gathering and everyone there said the trailer made them excited and they couldn't wait to see it, so I guess they might be part of the general audience Universal is trying to snag with that trailer.
Yea a close friend said he was super excited as well. My brother wasn't super crazy about the trailer but he said that was mostly because the BTS was better but so far all the criticisms and whining I have seen or heard is just online.
Back to top Go down
DinoMike
Embryo
Embryo
DinoMike

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 4:17 am

Quote :
As well as the carnotaurus, Bayona promises plenty of new dinosaurs. “There are some more that are not featured in the trailer.”

Interesting! Just Stygimoloch, do we think? Or...?
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 5:27 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Pokesaurus wrote:
Yea a close friend said he was super excited as well. My brother wasn't super crazy about the trailer but he said that was mostly because the BTS was better but so far all the criticisms and whining I have seen or heard is just online.

Mostly comes down what people mean with the general audience because that term is very broad actually. The main differences are on one hand the type of people who like to watch a movie from time to time, watch a trailer when they see it on their newsfeed and probably follow one or two cinemas on facebook to keep up with new movies. Then you got the wannabe movie goers who follow critics and tons of movie websites and think they know it all, AKA the type of people who bashed the FK trailer.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 6:15 am

Pokesaurus wrote:

Yeah, I sent the trailer to a friend of mine who loves all the Jurassic films but he's not much into the cinema news, and he loved it. I sent it to another friend of mine who's a lot into cinema but not a huge fan of Jurassic... she loved it.

I guess the moviegoers and Jurassic fans might find the flaws in it, but general audience might be attracted by it.

Damn, I even saw an italian YouTuber I use to follow who had completely bashed Jurassic World saying that this trailer made him curious.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:08 am

So do we know if this trailer has earned more views by now than Jurassic world did?
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 12:53 pm

So I made my own version or the trailer... Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 2:56 pm

I loved it Smug! Razz

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 3:42 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I loved it Smug! Razz

Thanks! I made sure to add Wu into it. Razz

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 5:15 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I loved it Smug! Razz

Great trailer! loved it, this is more of what i wanted from the trailer.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 5:24 pm

Here's my thoughts on the BTS teaser and the trailer:

SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 5:47 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
SmugTheFab wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I loved it Smug! Razz

Great trailer! loved it, this is more of what i wanted from the trailer.

Thank you! And I agree.

Back to top Go down
CommanderKeller
Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 6:42 pm

Apparently the stampede happens in the north of Nublar,do you think all the dinosaurs could be in danger? i mean all the ones who roam the southernmost part of the island are not in instant danger,right?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 9:43 am

Interesting thing I noticed... The pool table might not be there for a coincidence. It is actually one of the examples of Unpredictability (Chaos Theory) described in Crichton's novel by Ian Malcolm.
Wonder if Colin and JA did it on purpose.

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 5:36 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Interesting thing I noticed... The pool table might not be there for a coincidence. It is actually one of the examples of Unpredictability (Chaos Theory) described in Crichton's novel by Ian Malcolm.

Spoiler:

I betcha that's on purpose...they did the same thing in Jurassic World with the Indominus's blood dripping on the Hamada's arm in the ACU vs I-Rex scene. Wink

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:52 pm

SmugTheFab wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Spoiler:

I betcha that's on purpose...they did the same thing in Jurassic World with the Indominus's blood dripping on the Hamada's arm in the ACU vs I-Rex scene. Wink

I thought at that exact scene as well... I love these little details, they add so much to the subtext of the movie.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 12:16 am

The trailer in 3D was awesome. Gives a huge sense of scale to the volcano and stampede.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread   Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Official Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Trailer Discussion Thread
Page 15 of 20Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 20  Next