Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis

Go down 
+14
TyrannoFan
TheRexMan22
sdp
Rhedosaurus
owenpratt
Robotpo
Megatron
SmugTheFab
Amadieus
FayhdrianColonist
Dead2009
NolaJP
Spinosaur4.4
Sickle_Claw
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Empty
PostSubject: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:00 am

https://www.universalpictures.com/movies/jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom

"It’s been four years since theme park and luxury resort Jurassic World was destroyed by dinosaurs out of containment. Isla Nublar now sits abandoned by humans while the surviving dinosaurs fend for themselves in the jungles.

When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event. Owen is driven to find Blue, his lead raptor who’s still missing in the wild, and Claire has grown a respect for these creatures she now makes her mission. Arriving on the unstable island as lava begins raining down, their expedition uncovers a conspiracy that could return our entire planet to a perilous order not seen since prehistoric times.

With all of the wonder, adventure and thrills synonymous with one of the most popular and successful series in cinema history, this all-new motion-picture event sees the return of favorite characters and dinosaurs—along with new breeds more awe-inspiring and terrifying than ever before. Welcome to Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom.

Stars Pratt and Howard return alongside executive producers Steven Spielberg and Colin Trevorrow for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. They are joined by co-stars James Cromwell, Ted Levine, Justice Smith, Geraldine Chaplin, Daniella Pineda, Toby Jones, Rafe Spall and Isabella Sermon, while BD Wong and Jeff Goldblum reprise their roles.

Directed by J.A. Bayona (The Impossible), the epic action-adventure is written by Jurassic World’s director, Trevorrow, and its co-writer, Derek Connolly. Producers Frank Marshall and Pat Crowley once again partner with Spielberg and Trevorrow in leading the filmmakers for this stunning installment. Belén Atienza joins the team as a producer."

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 9:17 am

Wu is making a virus to kill humans.  Laughing

Joking aside

"Owen is driven to find Blue, his lead raptor who’s still missing in the wild"

Knew this futile bastard only cared about Blue and not the rest. Not my hero.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 9:28 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I do think there will be some other threat to the dinosaurs entering the California forests than just their impact on the ecosystem. As plenty of people have stated, how in the world are there going to be enough dinosaurs taken off of Nublar to cause some kind of ecosystem imbalance? It's not Noah's Ark. Not to mention the military could hunt and take all of them out in a matter of days. There has to be some other reason why the dinosaurs being in California will be as dire as Malcolm warns.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 9:58 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Joking aside

That's cool that you forgot this part

"When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event."

I see that the fandom's nitpicking about this and that is going to piss me off yet again lol!

Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:12 am

Yeah, there's got to be some other threat, because a dozen dinosaurs getting loose in the forest is not apocalypse worthy. If humanity can wipe out modern species like there's no tomorrow, dinosaurs don't stand a chance. Planet of the Apes didn't just have smart apes, there was a killer virus plus apes. Doesn't really make sense otherwise.

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:18 am

From a theme park in the nineties to human extinction thirty years later Razz

So far I am not down with the possibility of a ''Planet of the Apes'' happening in the Jurassic universe. I'm fine with an all threatning virus but not to see JW3 being about how humanity falls and the need to survive besides dinosaurs around the planet. I hope it won't go that far.
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:37 am

Well they won't straight up copy the apocalyptic virus from POTA. It will have to be something else other than a virus because the media and public would destroy the 6th film if they just copied another franchise.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:04 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Joking aside

That's cool that you forgot this part

"When the island’s dormant volcano begins roaring to life, Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard) mount a campaign to rescue the remaining dinosaurs from this extinction-level event."

I see that the fandom's nitpicking about this and that is going to piss me off yet again lol! 
Sorry my bias against Owen. I hope I'm proved wrong.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:25 pm

I'm thinking Wu reveals that he's been releasing dinosaurs on the mainland throughout the past 4 years or so and has multiple labs all around the world.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:27 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I'm thinking Wu reveals that he's been releasing dinosaurs on the mainland throughout the past 4 years or so and has multiple labs all around the world.
So, Sickle, in your opinion, Wu has a secret agenda?

Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:35 pm

Very interesting. Definitely seems like Wu and InGen (Biosyn?) are up to something.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:38 pm

I would pay my kidneys for a plot twist with Wu being the mastermind behind everything and having a very valid point in whatever he's doing. 

Like, they all think Wu is in the background, being used, while in the end, he played everyone.

Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:45 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Yea if they planned JW as the first in a trilogy then it makes sense why they changed the park and the movie title to Jurassic WORLD. I believe the Jaffa and Silver script was just titled "Jurassic Park 4" and the park was still Jurassic Park.
Back to top Go down
FayhdrianColonist
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
FayhdrianColonist

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 12:52 pm

NolaJP wrote:
Well they won't straight up copy the apocalyptic virus from POTA.  It will have to be something else other than a virus because the media and public would destroy the 6th film if they just copied another franchise.

I agree. I'd be angry if they flat out copied POTA, and I'm very apologetic when it comes to the Jurassic franchise.

access main security grid access: PERMISSION DENIED....and...:
Back to top Go down
Megatron
Embryo
Embryo
Megatron

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 1:52 pm

So I guess this means JW3 will be about dinos retaking back the planet.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:02 pm

JW3 will probably be humans and dinosaurs somehow coexisting, but it going straight to hell.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:38 pm

They've added Isabella Sermon to the cast list - is this Maise perhaps?
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 2:55 pm

Robotpo wrote:
They've added  Isabella Sermon to the cast list - is this Maise perhaps?

Wasn't the kid Brooke Norbury?

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 3:25 pm

^^ That was never confirmed as far as I'm aware - I think it was just speculation. The fact that she has no IMDB entry seems to suggest she's an unknown, at any rate.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 4:22 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Guessing Lockwood thinks he has Wu in the palm of his hand, but really, Wu is 10 steps ahead of everyone.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 5:07 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Guessing Lockwood thinks he has Wu in the palm of his hand, but really, Wu is 10 steps ahead of everyone.

I really hope that it gets revealed that he was a Biosyn agent since Hammond's death and that he wanted to finish off Ingen once and for all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:17 pm

Good things don't happen in the Jurassic franchise every 4 years.

4 years after JP, the San Diego incident, 4 years after the events of JP///, 4 years after JW, volcano.

http://miscrave.com
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:41 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
JW3 will probably be humans and dinosaurs somehow coexisting, but it going straight to hell.
It would be incredibly risky, but what if the series wraps up with the majority of human beings dead and dinosaurs being the predominate species on planet earth once again? Imagine for the closing scene a T-Rex wandering the streets of LA or something. No humans in sight. No sound except for the beast's rasping breath and shuddering footsteps. Then fade to black.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:52 pm

I mean, Malcolm even says as much in the trailer "these animals were here before us, and if we're not careful, they'll be here after us."

Hatchling
Hatchling
TyrannoFan

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 7:59 pm

I don't see how that could really happen but Dinosaurs replacing the ecosystem to be dominant once more is a pretty sick concept and inline with the themes of JP IMO.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeFri Dec 08, 2017 10:50 pm

I'm hoping that the franchise ends on a positive note. Not with one species replacing the other as the dominant species on the planet over the other, but with dinosaurs integrating themselves into the animal kingdom.

Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:00 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'm hoping that the franchise ends on a positive note. Not with one species replacing the other as the dominant species on the planet over the other, but with dinosaurs integrating themselves into the animal kingdom.

This is what I hope for as well. The bleak, apocalyptic ending of humanity being usurped by a new set of species has been done and done very well by Planet of the Apes. Jurassic Park, as a film series at least, posits itself as a more optimistic and upbeat franchise. Depicting the dinosaurs as integrating into the animal kingdom, creating a new hybrid global ecosystem of old and new animals, and humanity dealing with those consequences and adapting despite numerous setbacks caused by this series of events, would be something no other film has done.

Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Dinosa12

Last edited by BarrytheOnyx on Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:25 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 6:31 am

The apocalyptic ending with dinosaurs replacing humans would be so bad.
Also, wouldn't fit with the "Life finds a way" message, because then humans wouldn't find a way.
Also, they wouldn't make such a sad ending to Owen, Claire, etc characters, especially in a franchise also for kids like Jurassic.

The ending will very likely be humans and dinosaurs co-existing together. Sure thing though, this will be against what Hammond said at the end of TLW, that we humans should step aside.

Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 10:47 am

It not about humans finding a way but the dinosaurs so I wouldn't mind a POTA style JW film.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitimeSat Dec 09, 2017 12:37 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:
It not about humans finding a way but the dinosaurs so I wouldn't mind a POTA style JW film.

It's about life finding a way, in general.

Both humans and dinos are lives.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis   Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Universal releases the first official Fallen Kingdom plot synopsis
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next