Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?

Go down 
+6
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
Dv-218
Mr. Robustus
TheDreamMaster
Sickle_Claw
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Empty
PostSubject: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:50 pm

I think I figured out whats going to happen in the next one. The government will evacuate the section of northern California that the dinosaurs escaped. Basically trying to contain the problem by creating an 'ecological refuge' of sorts. A different, governmental organization will get created, a commission of sorts to try to 'contain' the dinosaurs. Owen and Claire will be asked in to consult, while they keep Maisie's status a secret.

Meanwhile, Owen gets called to track down Blue again, maybe because the government has the idea that Owen and Blue together could be used to help 'track down' some of the escaped dinos that have breached the perimeter. So cross country road trip with Owen and Blue and Claire and Maisie!

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 11:35 pm

Is it bad I can’t make it work with them saying no more hybrids, but one of the sold dinosaurs was the Ankylosaurus which was one of the owned animals in the Sayles script, so I’m just going to say whatever bits of the Sayles script haven’t been used yet.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 11:57 pm

Like you said, I think the US government will make a sort of task force to round up the escaped dinosaurs, and will contact Claire and Owen (and maybe Sattler and/or Grant, if Trevorrow's teases are to be believed) to be part of it, or at least consultants. Then there will be a good chunk of the movie where our main characters help capture the escaped dinosaurs in all sorts of crazy scenarios, and at the end they will realize some of them are missing (namely, Blue and maybe Rexy).

This task force also made top priority to find and apprehend Dr. Wu, and they will track him down to a secret laboratory in a secluded location where he's making new dinosaurs (including Dilophosaurus and Dreadnoughtus, as seen in the briefcase) under orders of the new mandatory human villain, and I guess there will be also a new pack of Raptors, or at least a male that will end up mating with Blue - because that is the norm for this type of subplot ("Oh, our character is the last of its kind", and then comes the sequel "Oh, we found more of its kind! How fortunate!").

They are probably gonna rehash Owen and Blue's story again. Movie begins, Owen and Blue are separated. Owen goes on journey to find Blue, or else she'll be killed (this time, by the government). They reunite and rekindle. Blue saves Owen in the climax. Owen and Blue part ways (but this time, she has babies!).

I guess there will also be something going on with Maisie. Maybe she develops a weird disease of malformation due to the cloning process, and Claire and Owen will have one more reason to track down Dr. Wu. The dinosaurs will inevitably break out of Wu's lab, there will be a big climax, Rexy will inevitably die after having a heroic moment, and then the dinosaurs will be shown being transported to Lockwood's Sanctuary in the epilogue, and voilà. Dinosaurs on an island, once again.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 2:45 am

Honestly I feel like rounding up the dinos and putting them back on an island at the end of JW3 is the wrong call. I DO like the idea of the dinos that were sold via auction and the ones from the briefcase causing problems, popping up in unexpected places.

I DO believe that Wu's plan to insure himself does include putting a failsafe in Maisie. One that forces the protagonists to comply with one of his demands. Like the lysine contingency, only this would be 'the maisie contingency'.

Also gonna get hate for this but if you're gonna bring Dreadnaughtus in the sequel. you gotta go BIG.

Second Rexy or go huge with Gigantosaurus.

So make Wu's plan something like he wants to bust the sanctuary, and needs Owen/Claire distracted with saving Maisie to pay too much attention to him. So yeah.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 3:54 am

Guys, you don't understand: The escaped mosasaurus from FK is an obvoius set-up and teaser for the ineviateble MEG crossover Very Happy
"Chris Pratt and Jason Statham team up to hunt down 2 prehistoric sea monsters in "JURASSIC WORLD: MEGA-SHARK VS BIG F***ING SEA LIZARD", coming in June 11, 2021".

Last edited by Dv-218 on Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 4:32 am

What if Maisie contracts some kind of disease, but the hospital can't cure her until government decides that cloned creatures have the right to live?

This could be a sort of subplot while dinos will create chaos in the world.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 5:26 am

I love Sickle's idea about evacuating the small part of California where the dinosaurs escape and having Claire, Owen, Grant and Ellie working to keep them contained. This solves the "major flaw" with the ending lol. And I honestly believe after Colin's recent comments that Grant, Ellie and Malcolm will all return for the final installment.

I also hope that Wu sets up his own dinosaur cloning operation and is the main antagonist character (he deserved this after two movies of being a background character). I predicted a while back in another thread that Maisie will start having health problems because of the cloning and Owen and Claire will need to track down Wu in order to save her. Meanwhile Wu will have created all sorts of cool dinosaurs like the dreadnoughtus and dilophosaurus!

There will definitely be a time skip of a few years, to account for Maisie's acress growing between FK and JW3. Also Colin has confirmed that dinosaur technology will be open-source and the dinosaurs will be worldwide in JW3. So I'm expecting dinosaurs to be pretty integrated into society during the film. Species such as compies and pterosaurs will be widespread and a pest to society, kids will have small dinos as pets (an idea from the JP novel), dinos will be used in agriculture and zoos and safaris etc.

Also, I predict that Rexy will die at the end.

Rexy's death scene that I posed in another thread:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 7:26 am

I actually like the idea of Northern California getting evacuated for a limited time and the goverment calling in experts like Grant and Sattler in order to help them deal with the escaped dinosaurs in the state. Not only it would provide a legit reason for those characters to get involved again (much better than Grant getting basically kidnapped in JP3 lol) but it also feels like a reasonable thing to do in order to prevent loss of lives and panic as much as possible.

The idea of Wu being the main antagonist in JW3 is also pretty neat (they kinda built up to this), and I hope he gets a moment of redemption before his probable demise like in the novel. Besides, i'm especially interested to see the effect of the time jump- dinosaurs being integrated into society like normal animals is a very intriguing concept (imagine stuff like compies becoming troubling pests, underground dinosaur fights, big game safari parks with large herbivores/carnivores or dinosaur bones being sold at the chinese black market as "dragon bones" for traditional medicine).

As for dinosaurs, aside from Dreadnoughtus and Dilophosaurus (please let it appear already) one thing I would like to see is an adult, fully grown Allosaurus (it's interesting that Eversol pointed out that the allo was a juvenile. Foreshadowing?) to get the main threat theropod role. It's about time an actual Jurassic predator will get a chance in a Jurassic Park movie lol. Those creepy Troodons from the game could be nice too.
Another idea is to introduce a new Rex- a male, like in TLW and JP3. Perhaps as a companion to Rexy lol (although it's more likely she'll die by the end).
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 11:13 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Honestly I feel like rounding up the dinos and putting them back on an island at the end of JW3 is the wrong call. I DO like the idea of the dinos that were sold via auction and the ones from the briefcase causing problems, popping up in unexpected places.

I agree it would be a lazy way to end the movie, but in-universe, it would be the most logical solution. I mean, Claire and Maisie (and presumably Owen) know about the existence of the island sanctuary, so it would make sense that they would want the dinosaurs to be sent there, especially considering that was Maisie's "grandfather"'s wish before he died.

With that said, it's likely JW 3 will just ignore the existence of the island sanctuary and come up with its own solution to what to do with the dinosaurs. I'm genuinely curious to find out how the sixth movie is gonna end.

Also, if Grant and Sattler are present during Rexy's death in the next movie, I think I will genuinely bawl my eyes out at the theater

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 5:16 pm

I honestly have no idea what could happen. Perhaps a Primevil (the series) vibe of a group trying to deal with randomly rampaging dinosaurs. If you havent seen the series, portals open from the past and future releasing dinosaurs and future creatures into our world. There is a group that chases down these animals and attempt to send them back.

My one thought is that perhaps Maise being a clone will be brought up as a reason that we can kill clones and public outcry will be that "they're alive, we cant murder them"

Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2018 3:37 am

Spiegel wrote:
I honestly have no idea what could happen. Perhaps a Primevil (the series) vibe of a group trying to deal with randomly rampaging dinosaurs. If you havent seen the series, portals open from the past and future releasing dinosaurs and future creatures into our world. There is a group that chases down these animals and attempt to send them back.

My one thought is that perhaps Maise being a clone will be brought up as a reason that we can kill clones and public outcry will be that "they're alive, we cant murder them"

That would be cool. I'm a big Primeval fan, one of my favourite TV series.

Imagine Primeval but instead of Nick, Claudia, Connor and Abbie, it was Grant, Ellie, Owen and Claire. I would watch the hell out of that.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 1:02 pm

It's going to end in one of 3 ways.

1. The U.S. military wiping out the dinosaurs

2. The dinosaurs taking over North America. (Which is dumb beyond words.)

3. Some of the dinosaurs-which includes Rexy-going back to Sorna or Lockwood's sanctuary (Sorna 2.0) and us getting the T. rex ending.

As much as I want to see the Sorna/T. rex ending in this final movie, that's only a 10% chance at best.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 1:14 pm

I'm hoping that it ends with some species of dinosaurs starting to integrate themselves into the ecosystem, with the dinosaurs adapting to sharing the earth with humanity in a similar way to how modern animals do, by avoiding humans and staying away from inhabited areas, similar to the way that wolves, coyotes, bears and cougars do today.

Sure, it's a bit unrealistic, but it would be an extremely unique and interesting way to end the franchise. Not to mention the fact that the ship transporting the dinosaurs to the mainland in Fallen Kingdom was named The Arcadia, and Arcadia in Greek refers to a Utopian vision of pastoralism and harmony with nature, so there's already a hint towards how it may end.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arcadia_(utopia)

I much prefer the idea of integration to..

A) A planet of the Apes type scenario where dinosaurs take over the continent, which would be a rip-off, dumb, and even more unrealistic than my proposed integration idea.

B) Wiping all of the dinosaurs out, which would just be a huge bummer.

C) Placing the dinosaurs into some location, be it Sorna, another island, or whatever, as that would simply be a return to status quo, in which case this newest trilogy might as well have not even happened.

Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2018 3:27 pm

I'm genuinely curious about what the climax for the next movie will be. With Jurassic World and Fallen Kingdom, it was pretty straightforward: defeat the Indominus rex/Indoraptor. I remember even before information about the Indoraptor's existence leaked, I was pretty sure there was gonna be a battle between Blue and a Raptor-sized Indominus (as said by Hoskins) in the Jurassic World sequel. Now that hybrids are officially gone, and with the inevitable need of upping the ante for the final movie, I wonder if it's gonna be another dinosaur brawl, or a chase scene.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 6:45 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I'm hoping that it ends with some species of dinosaurs starting to integrate themselves into the ecosystem, with the dinosaurs adapting to sharing the earth with humanity in a similar way to how modern animals do, by avoiding humans and staying away from inhabited areas, similar to the way that wolves, coyotes, bears and cougars do today.

Sure, it's a bit unrealistic, but it would be an extremely unique and interesting way to end the franchise. Not to mention the fact that the ship transporting the dinosaurs to the mainland in Fallen Kingdom was named The Arcadia, and Arcadia in Greek refers to a Utopian vision of pastoralism and harmony with nature, so there's already a hint towards how it may end.

A) A planet of the Apes type scenario where dinosaurs take over the continent, which would be a rip-off, dumb, and even more unrealistic than my proposed integration idea.

C) Placing the dinosaurs into some location, be it Sorna, another island, or whatever, as that would simply be a return to status quo, in which case this newest trilogy might as well have not even happened.

As much as I don't like to see the dinosaurs get wiped out, the sad truth is that we have to consider that a viable option. To be honest, if it came to that and having the dinosaurs take over the world, then I'd have to go with that. Let me explain.

As soon as enough people get eaten by the meat-eating dinosaurs, as well a few getting killed by a few of the herbivores-somebody getting impaled by a Trike, for example-the the public outrage would be so huge, that it would be political suicide NOT to have the military get involved. Not only that, but it would be a matter of time before the Fed find out what happened in Lockwood's mansion. Countries all over the world would not only ban dinosaur cloning, but they'd also make Wu and other's like him a marked man, and possibly use commando's or spy strikes to kill them. Under this scenario, I'd have Rexy die peacefully of old age...Well, mostly peaceful since her death would be observed by one attack helicopter, but it wouldn't fire, just observe. But all others would get killed off.

I wasn't against a mainland plot per se, but I wasn't for how it came about. I still think that this movie ending with the T. rex ending should have happened and that the next one should be about Wu cloning dinosaurs in the Congo Basin, the Amazon, or parts of Asia where dinosaurs have been sighted since they would not only serve as cover for Wu's work, but it would have forced people to protect ALL the dinosaurs in said location because they'd be defending the original ones and the new clones as well.

I honestly don't like saying all this. I would rather have Rexy and some of the dinosaurs go back to Sorna or Lockwood's sanctuary and have the one T. rex ending. But as I said, that is a small chance of that happening.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 7:10 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
As much as I don't like to see the dinosaurs get wiped out, the sad truth is that we have to consider that a viable option. To be honest, if it came to that and having the dinosaurs take over the world, then I'd have to go with that. Let me explain.

As soon as enough people get eaten by the meat-eating dinosaurs, as well a few getting killed by a few of the herbivores-somebody getting impaled by a Trike, for example-the the public outrage would be so huge, that it would be political suicide NOT to have the military get involved. Not only that, but it would be a matter of time before the Fed find out what happened in Lockwood's mansion. Countries all over the world would not only ban dinosaur cloning, but they'd also make Wu and other's like him a marked man, and possibly use commando's or spy strikes to kill them. Under this scenario, I'd have Rexy die peacefully of old age...Well, mostly peaceful since her death would be observed by one attack helicopter, but it wouldn't fire, just observe. But all others would get killed off.

I wasn't against a mainland plot per se, but I wasn't for how it came about. I still think that this movie ending with the T. rex ending should have happened and that the next one should be about Wu cloning dinosaurs in the Congo Basin, the Amazon, or parts of Asia where dinosaurs have been sighted since they would not only serve as cover for Wu's work, but it would have forced people to protect ALL the dinosaurs in said location because they'd be defending the original ones and the new clones as well.

I honestly don't like saying all this. I would rather have Rexy and some of the dinosaurs go back to Sorna or Lockwood's sanctuary and have the one T. rex ending. But as I said, that is a small chance of that happening.

My main issue with wiping out the dinosaurs, aside from the fact that it would be a massive bummer and end the franchise on a pretty down note, is that it would contradict the idea that "life finds a way", which has kinda been the mantra of the entire franchise since it's inception. It would imply that we have total control over nature, even if it's hinted towards the end of the film that the technology has made its way into the general public via Wu or whatever.

Despite it being pretty unrealistic, I prefer my idea of because it implies that, though we don't have the control over nature that we thought, it's still possible to coexist with it. It's a scenario in which life truly does "find a way". In addition to that, it leaves the franchise in a totally different place then it was left when the original trilogy ended, opening the floodgates for a glut of new ideas, including an expansion of the universe. Furthermore, by having a scenario in which the dinosaurs have learned to fear man and are (for the most part) staying out of the way of the general populous, it ties into Burke's little speech from TLW about the compies not having any reason to fear man, and Deiter's little retort..."Now it does"

It's the ending that makes the most sense to me in terms of upholding the message that the franchise has tied to convey since it's inception.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 9:01 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

My main issue with wiping out the dinosaurs, aside from the fact that it would be a massive bummer and end the franchise on a pretty down note, is that it would contradict the idea that "life finds a way", which has kinda been the mantra of the entire franchise since it's inception. It would imply that we have total control over nature, even if it's hinted towards the end of the film that the technology has made its way into the general public via Wu or whatever.

Despite it being pretty unrealistic, I prefer my idea of because it implies that, though we don't have the control over nature that we thought, it's still possible to coexist with it. It's a scenario in which life truly does "find a way". In addition to that, it leaves the franchise in a totally different place then it was left when the original trilogy ended, opening the floodgates for a glut of new ideas, including an expansion of the universe. Furthermore, by having a scenario in which the dinosaurs have learned to fear man and are (for the most part) staying out of the way of the general populous, it ties into Burke's little speech from TLW about the compies not having any reason to fear man, and Deiter's little retort..."Now it does"

It's the ending that makes the most sense to me in terms of upholding the message that the franchise has tied to convey since it's inception.

"Life finds a way" only refers to the fact that humanity underestimate other life forms (in this case, InGen/Masrani thinking they have complete control over the life they created), it doesn't mean that humanity is incapable of wiping out these other life forms (as history has proven time and time again). Remember, both of Crichton's novels end with the dinosaurs on the two islands dying off by both man-made and natural causes, so ending with the dinosaurs dying off would not contradict the series roots at all.

I, for one, am all for having the dinosaurs being destroyed at the end. It would be a huge bummer sure, but if done right, it could be a really heart-wrenching moment (like that infamous FK scene with the Brachiosaurus showed us), and a good "quality ending" for the series. The dinosaurs are like Frankenstein's monster: as much as you sympathize and root for them, the sad truth is that they have no real place in the world, and shouldn't have been created in the first place. That was the whole point of the first movie and both of Crichton's novels, which every sequel (especially Lost World and Fallen Kingdom) has missed. Also, if JW 3 truly is the closing chapter, then having all the remaining dinosaurs being destroyed is the only real way of closing the story of the franchise.

With that said, I don't know if Trevorrow would have the guts to pull that off (or if Universal or Spielberg would even allow it). Especially if that means killing Blue, which sells like crazy and kids adore at this point. Also, if Blue was gonna die, they would have killed her off in the end of Fallen Kingdom, because it was the culmination of her emotional arc with Owen according to the filmmakers.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2018 9:41 pm

Yeah, a big fat no to killing them off from me. Not only would it make for a definitive end to the franchise, which I don't think anyone really wants to see, but i still believe it does contradict the "Life finds a way" mantra. Killing them off suggests that, at the end of the day, we are able to control nature and to cull it if we see fit.

"Life finds a way.....until we decide to wipe it out"

It doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

It also should be noted that the films, in particular the first couple of films, did stray from Crichton's novels in that they kept the dinosaur population of both islands intact, altering the original message into something that I personally find much more palatable.

I mean, would you have preferred they killed off the population of Sorna after TLW?

It does hit me as a little weird that most of us were pretty peeved about the population of Sorna being wiped out via the viral marketing, but are totally cool with every dinosaur being killed off in the third film, essentially closing the door on any progression of the franchise and instead choosing to kill it off once and for all.

At the end of the day, Trevorrow has stated that he's making these films so today's generation of kids have dinosaur movies to enjoy, so I highly doubt Trevorrow would choose to end the franchise on such a glum, dark note.

I'll add that it also hits me as a somewhat creatively bereft way of ending this series of films. There are still a ton of interesting ways to use dinosaurs that I would like to see addressed , and having an "Everything dies" The end." type of ending robs us of the opportunity to see dinosaurs flourishing in an ecosystem that isn't it's own separate entity, which would imho be a huge missed opportunity.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 1:20 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Yeah, a big fat no to killing them off from me. Not only would it make for a definitive end to the franchise, which I don't think anyone really wants to see, but i still believe it does contradict the "Life finds a way" mantra. Killing them off suggests that, at the end of the day, we are able to control nature and to cull it if we see fit.

"Life finds a way.....until we decide to wipe it out"

It doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

Again, by that universe-bending-logic, there would be no man-caused extinctions in the Jurassic Park universe, which I suspect is not the case. Remember those condors? Unless "life finds a way" is a new brand of custom-tailored bulletproof vests for endangered animals.

I really think you should give Michael Crichton, of all people, the benefit of the doubt here. He created the motto. And, uh, well, there it is.

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It also should be noted that the films, in particular the first couple of films, did stray from Crichton's novels in that they kept the dinosaur population of both islands intact, altering the original message into something that I personally find much more palatable.

That doesn't really have to do with "We have to stay true to our franchise motto", and more like "We need to leave doors open in case we come back for sequels". Case in point: there were at least two different early drafts for the first movie in which Alan and Ellie discover that the dinosaurs are going to die out in a few weeks (here and here, both have a different reason), but the Universal suits probably realized early on that "Hey! We could milk this into a franchise!"

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I mean, would you have preferred they killed off the population of Sorna after TLW?

Not in Lost World, since it would be a really random way to end the movie ("And if we can just step aside and trus---" *BOOOM* "Oh, well. Back to the drawing board! Have I ever told you about SITE C?!"), but I would love to see a Novel!TLW-esque ending for a future film, with the protagonists finding out while on the island that the dinosaurs are eventually going to die out naturally from an ecological collapse.

Also, Hammond's whimsical closing monologue was always very silly to me. Why would the Costa Rican government want to protect a bunch of invasive species that an american company introduced in their islands? Especially after the San Diego debacle?

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It does hit me as a little weird that most of us were pretty peeved about the population of Sorna being wiped out via the viral marketing, but are totally cool with every dinosaur being killed off in the third film, essentially closing the door on any progression of the franchise and instead choosing to kill it off once and for all.

At the end of the day, Trevorrow has stated that he's making these films so today's generation of kids have dinosaur movies to enjoy, so I highly doubt Trevorrow would choose to end the franchise on such a glum, dark note.

I'll add that it also hits me as a somewhat creatively bereft way of ending this series of films. There are still a ton of interesting ways to use dinosaurs that I would like to see addressed , and having an "Everything dies" The end." type of ending robs us of the opportunity to see dinosaurs flourishing in an ecosystem that isn't it's own separate entity, which would imho be a huge missed opportunity.

Here's an inconvenient truth about the Jurassic Park franchise: it's a pretty limited canvas. There's not a lot of movies you can make with the plot and setting without A) retreading familiar territory and B) going down the rabbit hole (case in point, that infamous John Sayles script). I really don't want a lot of new Jurassic Park movies just for the sake of having new Jurassic Park movies. Fallen Kingdom made me realize that. At this point, all I want is a movie with a coherent plot, good set pieces and likable characters (*cough*Grant*cough*Sattler) closing the franchise on a high note.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 7:08 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I think I agree with every word you said.
The only thing that I can't predict now is how Maisie and the whole human clone concept will evolve in JW3. And no, I don't think there will be a human clone army or dino-human hybrids.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2018 8:29 pm

I'll read you guys ideas soon, but for now all I want is that Wu has a bigger role, maybe even the main antagonist (Trevorrow seemed to build this in the previous 2 movies but who knows) and have Owen and Claire track him down because he's the only one with enough knowledge to help and stop all the mess, meanwhile he's the one that started all the chaos.

Claire and Owen can be the parents of the new world, but the real father and creator of all this is Wu.

Also, have Wu with inteligent lines exposing down all the false moralism and anti-science bullshit, such as that line Malcolm says in the first movie that makes my blood boil. Have Wu repeat the infamous line "How can you stand in the light of a discovery and not act?".

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?   Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Given where Fallen Kingdom ended, what is your predicted plot for JW3?
Page 1 of 1