Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Go down 
+14
Troyal1
Saurillian
BoulderFaceplant
LifeFindsAWay807
TRK/TrexKing
dance2nite
Spinosaur4.4
Mr.DNA
Levine
SmugTheFab
NolaJP
Tyrant Lizard
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Empty
PostSubject: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 5:12 pm

I want to open up speculation on this subject because I have a suspicion that however Rexy is portrayed in the upcoming Fallen Kingdom, not every JP fan is going to be satisfied. There's no doubt that she will be saved from the eruption of Isla Sorna and will likely be transported to Lockwood's estate as the most attractive dinosaur to bid on. But her fate in the climax of the film is seriously up for debate.

From what we saw in the trailer, she looks like she's been putting on some muscle after years of hunting for herself, pinning down smaller carnivores with ease. However, I ask you this: what happens when she is faced against a threat, human or dinosaur, that could potentially kill her? Or what if old age really does get the better of her in addition to the stress of being removed from her habitat? Is there any scenario you guys can imagine that involves her surviving this ordeal and being able to live out her final years in peace and potentially dying off-screen?

Given what's happening in the film, I don't really know what the optimum outcome is. I'm not opposed to her dying in an epic fashion (since heroic curb-stomp battles have become somewhat cliched in all three of her appearances), but if handled poorly the outrage will be felt across the web. If it was a situation similar to how Wolverine's death was handled in Logan or Boromir's death in The Fellowship of the Ring, then I think most fans would be more forgiving.

But, since the film is still months away from release, what do you guys think Rexy's fate will be in the film, and what would you want to see?

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 5:29 pm

What I want to see: Her going to Sorna finding a new family. If they kill her off via either old age or goes down after defeating another predator in JW3/JP6, then I wouldn't mind, but I would like to see a biological heir-aka son or daughter-take her place and have it defeat the JP3 Spino to prove it's is the real heir to the throne and thus, the new/true dinosaur monarch of the JP franchise

As for her dying in JW:FK the only way how that can possibly work is if...
Spoiler wrote:
She kills the Indoraptor first.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 9:29 pm

I'm not totally against the idea of her dying, as long as A) She's killed off in a respectful, dignified way, and B) A new Tyrannosaurus is introduced for the final film.

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 9:47 pm

I hope she makes it but certainly have my doubts. If they choose to go that route, I hope it's a 180 from the JP3 debacle. She deserves better.
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 11:21 pm

Put her on Sorna and leave her be, darnit!

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:33 am

Best case scenario: After her intense and bloody fight with the Indoraptor, she is treated at a facility and taken to Isla Sorna (being Nublar is lo longer habitable) to live the rest of her days.
Worst case scenario: She gets her shit-kicked in by the Indoraptor and suffers a horrid death which doesnt leave a moment to reflect or mourn.
The scenario thats probably gonna happen: She survives the initial fight with the Indoraptor (Blue and Owen ultimately finishing it off) but succumbs to her injuries in a tearjerking moment that doesnt leave a dry eye with any Jurassic fan in the audience.
Back to top Go down
Mr.DNA
Embryo
Embryo
Mr.DNA

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:52 am

I think I like the idea that Tyrant Lizard put forth. I'm 100% okay with her dying in a respectful way, but to have a successor to her position would be the way to correctly do it. If they are going for a trilogy, that'd mean they are missing a Tyrannosaurs for the final film, which would be a big bummer. Depending on the events of the film, the final movie could have something to do with Sorna and we could return to their Rexes? Who knows.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 3:45 pm

I wanna see another T.rex take over. Rexy is basically a character now like Blue, I don't like it., I'm sorry if it seems evil for me to think about it, but I wouldn't mind at all if she dies.

But of course they won't kill another T.rex on screen, so you guys can stay calm about it.

And no, she won't fight Indoraptor. Indoraptor is smaller, wouldn't stand a chance. I don't want to see Indoraptor getting killed by Rexy, but rather by something that will come out of nowhere, like a herbivore.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 4:55 pm

I think there's a good chance the Indoraptor won't die at all & will escape into the neighbouring forest surrounding Lockwood's manor.

Regarding Rexy though I think she won't die in this film but if she does she will go out in a heroic way, not like the JP3 Rex.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 7:11 pm

I am fine with her passing on. A Dying from battle wounds approach would be nice.

We don't truly know if Sorna and anything after JP is even canon prior to JW. Which makes me think that we will definitely see her die. If she does get shipped to Sorna in the end then the issue you have there is we don't know how any rex are still on the Island. She might get picked off being the weaker one haha.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 7:26 pm

TRK wrote:
If she does get shipped to Sorna in the end then the issue you have there is we don't know how any rex are still on the Island. She might get picked off being the weaker one haha.

Well, she looks MUCH healthier in the JW:FK trailer And being the alpha predator at Nublar for so long, she honed her skills longer then most other Rexes did at Sorna. So her being the 'weaker one', would totally add up.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 8:05 pm

I have been thinking of an idea on how Rexy could go out. You guys might hate it, but I'll share it anyways. It does take some setup in order to give it the right context...

So we start with the little girl in the film (still not sure what her name in the film is, so let's just stick with Lucy for now). She's become quite the dinosaur fanatic, and is particularly in love with the T. Rex (we've seen footage of her playing with a T. Rex toy, so that plays into that a bit). It turns out that a number of park guests witnessed and recorded the battle between the Indominus and Rexy in the last film, and after the footage of the fight got out, she saw it and basically became obsessed with dinosaurs from that moment on. All she wants to do is see a real life dinosaur for herself.

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Bts2

Fast forward to the last chapter of the film. The Indoraptor has somehow broken out and all hell is breaking loose. Lucy is found by the Indoraptor near where her dinosaur playset thing is. Terrified, she drops her T. Rex toy on the ground and runs. She's of course saved by Owen and Clair, but now she's absolutely terrified of dinosaurs.

So the whole Indoraptor/Lockwood manor bit plays out and is eventually resolved (one way or another), but in the process Rexy is woken up and is now loose. She eventually makes her way to the room where Lucy's dinosaur playset (where she left the T. Rex toy). At this point, Lucy has been separated from Owen and Claire and has made her way back to this room as well. She hides and watches Rexy from afar. At this point a group of armed people (Mercenaries, Police, National Guard...it doesn't really matter) who are sweeping the area find Rexy and unceremoniously drop her with gunfire. Rexy comes crashing down, just short of where Lucy left her T. Rex toy. As the group of people leave the room and continue to sweep the rest of the manor, Rexy is left lying on the floor, still breathing, but unable to move and close to death. Lucy emerges from her hiding place and approaches Rexy. The mood of the film suddenly shifts, and we're left with a quiet, poignant moment between a child and her fallen hero.

As Lucy approaches Rexy, the beginning of this is playing...

The music never swells though. It never becomes grandiose. It stays delicate, with only the piano carrying it.

Lucy approaches Rexy, tears in her eyes. Rexy is still unable to move. She breathes heavily, but acknowledges Lucy with her eyes. Lucy hesitantly reaches her hand out and touches Rexy. After a few moments, the music cuts out as Owen and Claire find Lucy. One of them says "C'mon Lucy, let's go!", and Lucy leaves her fallen hero behind.

We're left with a shot of Rexy on the ground, similar to this shot, but minus Owen and Claire and with Lucy's T. Rex toy in the foreground.

Spoiler:

The camera lingers on this shot for a while. No music is playing. It's very solemn.

Then, we see Lucy's legs come back into frame as she runs back to grab her T. Rex toy off the ground. The delicate piano version of the main theme reprises (6:53 of the video above for reference) as Lucy briefly comes back into frame to grab her toy, and as the reprise ends, Rexy closes her eyes and finally slips away.

A bittersweet ending. Rexy falls not as a conquering hero or a force of nature, but in a very sobering way as a vulnerable animal. But even so, in her final moments she was able to inspire a child to renew and reinforce her love of dinosaurs.

In the final moments of the film, we see Owen and Claire releasing the dinosaurs they saved on Nublar onto Sorna. Giacchino's Jurassic World score plays as we see a montage of Claire and Owen releasing the dinosaurs. Then, as Claire and Owen are about to leave Sorna, we hear the familiar, deafening roar of a Tyrannosaurus breaking the calm silence. Journey To The Island starts to play and the film ends with the promise of a new Tyrannosaur ready to take the mantle from Rexy for the final installment.

Just an idea.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 8:22 pm

Considering how much of the JP fanbase still wants the head of the JP3 Spino and how Universal so epically botched the compromise solution via the JW Spino=JP3 Spino debacle, wouldn't that make fans want the heads of those who gunned Rexy down as well? I just don't see that working at all.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 8:33 pm

Ehh. Slightly different situations. The Spino vs Rex situation was a scenario created in which one animal was clearly made to look superior to the other, hence the reaction.

To be totally honest, how she dies isn't as relevant as what comes afterwards in my scenario, as long as it isn't a 1 vs 1 dino battle.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Ehh. Slightly different situations. The Spino vs Rex situation was a scenario created in which one animal was clearly made to look superior to the other, hence the reaction.

True, but that's still going to cast a HUGE influence of how/if Rexy does die.

Back to top Go down
LifeFindsAWay807
Embryo
Embryo
LifeFindsAWay807

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 9:38 pm

I think it's a possibility that shouldn't be ignored.

Spoilers:

Granted if they're going to do it I hope they handle it well. It'll be easy to pull another JP3.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 10:41 pm

Given how she's put on muscle weight and is more or less identical to her JP incarnation (scars and enlarged chin aside), I think it's safe to say she's not really geriatric like many of us thought her to be in JW. So it seems that they're not really going by the 30-year lifespan we originally thought, but more like 40 or 50 years. I always kind of leaned towards this given how Colin Trevorrow spoke of her in his interviews, conveying her as a representative of the average T. Rex vs an Indominus Rex rather than an "old" Rex, but now it's pretty sealed. We can rule out the possibility of her getting tired and dying, then.

She might go on a rampage, destroying the Lockwood Estate and killing several people. This might lead to her getting shot by security guards, ultimately to death King Kong style. Not a bad way to go out, but it doesn't really coincide with Malcolm's warning, "If we're not careful, they'll be here after us." The T. Rex is being used in this trilogy to represent dinosaurs as a whole; what would it say if yes people were careless but Malcolm was wrong and we can just hunt them down and shoot them to death? So, if she dies, we can probably rule out the possibility of her succumbing to man-made weapons.

The only way to kill the T. Rex while adhering to the rule of "Malcolm is right all the time" is to let her die after fighting the Indoraptor. "If we're not careful, they could be here after us" would still work if the hybrids became the threat to humanity instead of real dinosaurs. But I don't think we're even getting a JW-style fight this time around, primarily because of the filmmakers' comments about the story structure.

Instead, I lean towards the T. Rex's journey reflecting that of the other dinosaurs. Where the Apatosaurus, Triceratops, and everything else goes, she goes, too. Maybe that means she'll go to Sorna. But let's remember this is a trilogy. If she goes back to Sorna, that means the bad guys have started making their own dinosaurs to set up film 6. If they haven't started making their own dinosaurs, you can bet that FK will end on an inconclusive note, with the dinosaurs shipped off around the world to a bunch of jerks. Either way, I really doubt she'll die.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 10:47 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Given how she's put on muscle weight and is more or less identical to her JP incarnation (scars and enlarged chin aside), I think it's safe to say she's not really geriatric like many of us thought her to be in JW. So it seems that they're not really going by the 30-year lifespan we originally thought, but more like 40 or 50 years. I always kind of leaned towards this given how Colin Trevorrow spoke of her in his interviews, conveying her as a representative of the average T. Rex vs an Indominus Rex rather than an "old" Rex, but now it's pretty sealed. We can rule out the possibility of her getting tired and dying, then.

Not only that, but considering how she was in captivity for much of her life and how captive animals usually live longer then wild ones (with a few notable exceptions like great white sharks) and how she had no real competition to face her as the alpha predator on Nublar after both parks went down, this ensured that she would live longer then most.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 9:20 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Considering how much of the JP fanbase still wants the head of the JP3 Spino and how Universal so epically botched the compromise solution via the JW Spino=JP3 Spino debacle, wouldn't that make fans want the heads of those who gunned Rexy down as well? I just don't see that working at all.

You mean the shitty fanboys that hide in this fanbase?
Only petty fanboys still whine about JP3 Spino. And oh, I wonder if they would crucify Triceratops too if it killed a T.rex in the franchise. I hate those bastards so much. Stop hating a dinosaur!

Also, if they put Rexy on Sorna, I hope they leave Spinosaurus alone and don't even mention it. By the way, Rexy is old and wouldn't come to face it anyway.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 9:34 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I wonder if they would crucify Triceratops too if it killed a T.rex in the franchise.

To be fair, if that one fight never happened, then I honestly don't think that the fans would mind if a random T. rex was defeated by an alpha male Trike that was defending it's kids.

And if you're going to blame the fans, then at least blame the studio for shoving it down the throats in such a heavy handed way to begin with.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 9:36 am

Just a reminder, this thread is about Rexy, guys. Let's not go too far down the rabbit hole here, if you know what I mean.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 9:41 am

No prob. Will do.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 9:46 am

Thanks.

But yeah, regardless of how she's killed off, I think we're all in agreement that she needs to go out with a modicum of respect. The audience has grown attached to her, and having her die as canon fodder for something else would be pretty lame imho. Considering how touchy a subject it is, it might be best to simply not go that route at all.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 9:59 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I wonder if they would crucify Triceratops too if it killed a T.rex in the franchise.

To be fair, if that one fight never happened, then I honestly don't think that the fans would mind if a random T. rex was defeated by an alpha male Trike that was defending it's kids.

And if you're going to blame the fans, then at least blame the studio for shoving it down the throats in such a heavy handed way to begin with.
I blame both.

And yes Tyrant, I won't turn this into another forbidden debate.

Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 7:37 pm

I could maybe see something where she gets badly injured and is kinda slowly dying. Maybe a broken leg or something (which is almost certainly fatal to a predator) and as she is on her last breaths Owen could be beside her trying to comfort her (kind of like the Apatosaur scene in a way). Sad, but I could see it working if handled correctly.
But I think I would prefer to not see her die at all in FK. It'd be far more fitting if it happened in the 6th movie, so she'd be alive across the franchise

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 12:37 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I have been thinking of an idea on how Rexy could go out. You guys might hate it, but I'll share it anyways. It does take some setup in order to give it the right context...

So we start with the little girl in the film (still not sure what her name in the film is, so let's just stick with Lucy for now). She's become quite the dinosaur fanatic, and is particularly in love with the T. Rex (we've seen footage of her playing with a T. Rex toy, so that plays into that a bit). It turns out that a number of park guests witnessed and recorded the battle between the Indominus and Rexy in the last film, and after the footage of the fight got out, she saw it and basically became obsessed with dinosaurs from that moment on. All she wants to do is see a real life dinosaur for herself.

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Bts2

Fast forward to the last chapter of the film. The Indoraptor has somehow broken out and all hell is breaking loose. Lucy is found by the Indoraptor near where her dinosaur playset thing is. Terrified, she drops her T. Rex toy on the ground and runs. She's of course saved by Owen and Clair, but now she's absolutely terrified of dinosaurs.

So the whole Indoraptor/Lockwood manor bit plays out and is eventually resolved (one way or another), but in the process Rexy is woken up and is now loose. She eventually makes her way to the room where Lucy's dinosaur playset (where she left the T. Rex toy). At this point, Lucy has been separated from Owen and Claire and has made her way back to this room as well. She hides and watches Rexy from afar. At this point a group of armed people (Mercenaries, Police, National Guard...it doesn't really matter) who are sweeping the area find Rexy and unceremoniously drop her with gunfire. Rexy comes crashing down, just short of where Lucy left her T. Rex toy. As the group of people leave the room and continue to sweep the rest of the manor, Rexy is left lying on the floor, still breathing, but unable to move and close to death. Lucy emerges from her hiding place and approaches Rexy. The mood of the film suddenly shifts, and we're left with a quiet, poignant moment between a child and her fallen hero.

As Lucy approaches Rexy, the beginning of this is playing...

The music never swells though. It never becomes grandiose. It stays delicate, with only the piano carrying it.

Lucy approaches Rexy, tears in her eyes. Rexy is still unable to move. She breathes heavily, but acknowledges Lucy with her eyes. Lucy hesitantly reaches her hand out and touches Rexy. After a few moments, the music cuts out as Owen and Claire find Lucy. One of them says "C'mon Lucy, let's go!", and Lucy leaves her fallen hero behind.

We're left with a shot of Rexy on the ground, similar to this shot, but minus Owen and Claire and with Lucy's T. Rex toy in the foreground.

Spoiler:

The camera lingers on this shot for a while. No music is playing. It's very solemn.

Then, we see Lucy's legs come back into frame as she runs back to grab her T. Rex toy off the ground. The delicate piano version of the main theme reprises (6:53 of the video above for reference) as Lucy briefly comes back into frame to grab her toy, and as the reprise ends, Rexy closes her eyes and finally slips away.

A bittersweet ending. Rexy falls not as a conquering hero or a force of nature, but in a very sobering way as a vulnerable animal. But even so, in her final moments she was able to inspire a child to renew and reinforce her love of dinosaurs.

In the final moments of the film, we see Owen and Claire releasing the dinosaurs they saved on Nublar onto Sorna. Giacchino's Jurassic World score plays as we see a montage of Claire and Owen releasing the dinosaurs. Then, as Claire and Owen are about to leave Sorna, we hear the familiar, deafening roar of a Tyrannosaurus breaking the calm silence. Journey To The Island starts to play and the film ends with the promise of a new Tyrannosaur ready to take the mantle from Rexy for the final installment.

Just an idea.

I freaking love this dude! It would show Rexy as an animal (not a character Dino) but still make you feel something. And it would be extremely honest and brutal to show her go down from something as simple as gunfire. I think it would play very much into the animal rights Issue the film seems to be going for as well.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 2:09 am

Thanks a lot, man. You good people Very Happy

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 6:27 am

Dude, that would be the saddest scene in the entire franchise if it actually happens.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 7:27 am

If anyone can pull off sadness, it's Bayona. A Monster Calls had me in tears for literally the entire second half of the film.

If anyone can pull off a respectful, emotional death scene for Rexy, it's Bayona.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 10:43 pm

I think she will go on to live past this movie and appear in jw3. In fact, i think they have already teased the ending shot of the film. There was that photo a while back of Bayona playing with a trex puppet with a forest in the background. I think that will be the final shot and will leave this open for a mainland plot
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next