Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18

Go down 
+12
Oviraptor
Dv-218
owenpratt
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
Troyal1
Mr. Robustus
Dead2009
Tyrant Lizard
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
Dr. Wu
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Empty
PostSubject: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 4:27 pm

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/2454320/when-jurassic-world-fallen-kingdom-is-hitting-blu-ray-and-digital

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 6:17 pm

That seems pretty early... JW:FK was released in the final days of June so that's not even 4 months of time difference. I heard the worse a movie is, the faster it gets released on home release versions.

Maybe Universal really does consider this movie to be a disappointment after all.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 7:40 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
That seems pretty early... JW:FK was released in the final days of June so that's not even 4 months of time difference. I heard the worse a movie is, the faster it gets released on home release versions.

Maybe Universal really does consider this movie to be a disappointment after all.

Really? Rolling Eyes  it's made $1.2B at the box office so far, it's far from a disappointment, every film gets released now about 3 months after it comes out in theatres, The Last Jedi, Infinity War, Black Panther etc were the same!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 7:50 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Infinity Wars was released on April 27th, the Blu-Ray is to be released on August 14th.

Black Panther was released on January 29th, the Blu-Ray was released on May 15th.

Deadpool 2 was released on May 15th, the Blue-Ray is set to be released August 21st.

Are all of those films disappointments too?

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 8:53 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

You're literally the only one that considers it a disappointment. By the way, the first Jurassic World came out on DVD in October of 2015, 4 months after that film released. Pretty sure Universal didnt think that film was a disappointment, either.

I also want to point out that the first Jurassic Park? Released on DVD in October of that year, 4 months after it left theaters. 

Just because there's not a huge gap in between leaving a theater and releasing on home media doesnt make any film a failure.

Last edited by Dead2009 on Tue Jul 24, 2018 9:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 8:55 pm

Good to know that it won't take that long. I'm kind of curious to see how much my opinion on the movie will change by watching it on the comfort of home.

On a different note: Jesus, most of that Blu-Ray covers look terrible.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 10:57 pm

I just wish they’d add a directors cut so bad. Even if the scenes are pointless I want to see them
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2018 11:39 pm

Wow. I just pre ordered the Steelbook after I read this!

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 5:54 am

No deleted scenes? That's pretty disappointing.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 6:38 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Uhh, I think your dislike of the movie is getting a bit out of hand.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 8:01 am

Disappointed the deleted scenes are not included, but i'm looking forward to the release anyway. Interested to see if there is bts material we have not seen yet Smile

Also, 4 months after the theater relese is actually a normal range for a lot of home releases. The gap between JW's theater and home release is similar, and it was the 3rd highest grossing movie of all time before star wars TFA. And regardless of how you felt about the movie, it can be said for a fact that universal does NOT consider FK a failure.
Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 9:15 am

YAY, no deleted scenes.... Sad
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 3:24 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
No deleted scenes? That's pretty disappointing.

With no deleted scenes I honestly might skip this release and hope for another version down the line. I was excited to see atleast a little something. Pretty crushing if I’m being honest.
Back to top Go down
Island Queen
Hatchling
Hatchling
Island Queen

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 6:23 pm

I just pre-ordered the Target Exclusive, which comes with a collectible art book and a bonus disc, so perhaps the deleted scenes are on that disc (not that I'll be disappointed if they aren't)? I was going to order the Steelbook version (since I have Jurassic World in a collectible tin, which is pretty close to a Steelbook), but opted for the Target Exclusive instead when I saw all the goodies that comes with it. Very Happy

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 6:30 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Infinity Wars was released on April 27th, the Blu-Ray is to be released on August 14th.

Black Panther was released on January 29th, the Blu-Ray was released on May 15th.

Deadpool 2 was released on May 15th, the Blue-Ray is set to be released August 21st.

I thought those movies took 5 months to get released. I didn't know that all this movie was in the norm. It just felt like that to me for some reason. I stand corrected.

Dead2009 wrote:
You're literally the only one that considers it a disappointment. By the way, the first Jurassic World came out on DVD in October of 2015, 4 months after that film released. Pretty sure Universal didnt think that film was a disappointment, either.

Not true, I'm just the most vocal member about it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 7:22 pm

I was tempted to get the target edition, but its the fact I wanted a cover that looks cool but wouldnt take up that much space. Also didnt want the walmart one because idk about the keychain for the owen pop when I have the blue keychain already.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 8:31 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I thought those movies took 5 months to get released. I didn't know that all this movie was in the norm. It just felt like that to me for some reason. I stand corrected.

Dead2009 wrote:

Not true, I'm just the most vocal member about it.

Universal has about a billion reasons why its not. Its not up for debate. Again, the last movie came out on DVD 4 months after release. Not a flop.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2018 9:36 pm

Disregarding the argument as to whether or not a film that's made 1.2 billion dollars is successful or not, I'm kinda let down by the content that's being included, or rather, what isn't being included.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 7:54 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Disregarding the argument as to whether or not a film that's made 1.2 billion dollars is successful or not, I'm kinda let down by the content that's being included, or rather, what isn't being included.

Maybe it's because they are worried that the footage would show people what the deleted scenes thread has and that people would see it and think that the original plans would have been a better movie.

In other words, think of how WB won't let the Synder cut of Justice League come out. Pretty much that.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 9:17 pm

I somehow doubt it.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 9:31 pm

I think Universal would wager $1.2 Billion against that.

No, I think the real culprit is Spielberg. Once Spielberg has a cut of a movie, he's reluctant to release other cuts. Ridley Scott is much the same way, and to this day asserts that the theatrical cut of Alien is superior to the director's cut he was strong armed into releasing for the Quadrilogy Box Set. Alien is one of the few cases I'd agree that the theatrical cut is better. I wouldn't put it past Spielberg to demand no deleted scenes and Bayona not being invested enough to argue for them. I mean, let's face it, we didn't get any for JP or JP/// and only 2 for TLW. JW is really the odd movie out with as many deleted scenes as it has. I have a strong feeling that Trevorrow pushed hard to have them.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2018 10:02 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I also want to point out that the first Jurassic Park? Released on DVD in October of that year, 4 months after it left theaters. 

Just because there's not a huge gap in between leaving a theater and releasing on home media doesnt make any film a failure.

The movie was without a doubt a success in terms of money.

But in terms of critics and audience reception, not so much. Right now the Tomatometer is at 51% and the Audience score at 55%.

So while there are plenty of fans who like the movie, it is also a fact there are also many many fans who were genuinely were dissapointed by it. It is not a vocal minority or one guy making a lot of noise.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 5:51 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

But in terms of critics and audience reception, not so much. Right now the Tomatometer is at 51% and the Audience score at 55%.  

So while there are  plenty of fans who like the movie, it is also a fact there are also many many fans who were genuinely were dissapointed by it. It is not a vocal minority or one guy making a lot of noise.
I'd honestly argue that the box office itself is living proof that people enjoy the movie more than we think. It hasn't shown any signs of collapsing worldwide. It's actually holding really well. I think using RT to gauge the opinions of worldwide viewers is inaccurate. RT isn't equally relevant in all countries. It just so happens that the U.S. audience have mixed opinions on FK, while a lot of other countries reacted more positively.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 8:35 am

RT gave Sharknado a 82% fresh rating. I think this is self explanatory Laughing

And yeah, FK does seem to hold much better than expected.
Back to top Go down
IllOrfanato
Compsognathus
Compsognathus

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 2:39 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
I wouldn't put it past Spielberg to demand no deleted scenes and Bayona not being invested enough to argue for them. I mean, let's face it, we didn't get any for JP or JP/// and only 2 for TLW. JW is really the odd movie out with as many deleted scenes as it has. I have a strong feeling that Trevorrow pushed hard to have them.

For some reason I think that deleted scenes contain plotpoints, that could be utilised in later parts. Because lets face it - since TLW it is more and more difficult to find out new stories of dinos and men to tell. This way there could always be a place for one or two more. It actually also explains plotholes in JW and JWFK as well.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 8:36 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
#TRexSpinorematch wrote:

So while there are  plenty of fans who like the movie, it is also a fact there are also many many fans who were genuinely were dissapointed by it. It is not a vocal minority or one guy making a lot of noise.
I'd honestly argue that the box office itself is living proof that people enjoy the movie more than we think. It hasn't shown any signs of collapsing worldwide. It's actually holding really well. I think using RT to gauge the opinions of worldwide viewers is inaccurate. RT isn't equally relevant in all countries. It just so happens that the U.S. audience have mixed opinions on FK, while a lot of other countries reacted more positively.

The Last Jedi made a ton of money and broke records yet it is by far the most hated Star Wars movie. Box office is mostly evidence that a lot of people go to see the movie, not that they all come out of the theater happy. Not to mention, a big reason why people go to see these movies is the famous brand name.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2018 9:10 pm

Considering that this isn't the thread for debating the subjective quality of Fallen Kingdom, I think I'll bring it back to the actual Blu-ray/DVD content.

It is a little frustrating that much of the extra content we've already seen. I realize that an audio commentary is a bit much to ask, but I feel they could have been at least a little more creative with the content they decided to add.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18   Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom hits DVD and Blu-ray September 18
Page 1 of 1