Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Go down 
+14
Troyal1
Saurillian
BoulderFaceplant
LifeFindsAWay807
TRK/TrexKing
dance2nite
Spinosaur4.4
Mr.DNA
Levine
SmugTheFab
NolaJP
Tyrant Lizard
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 5:24 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
I think she will go on to live past this movie and appear in jw3. In fact, i think they have already teased the ending shot of the film. There was that photo a while back of Bayona playing with a trex puppet with a forest in the background. I think that will be the final shot and will leave this open for a mainland plot

I like your idea! It's obscure enough in of itself that people would not suspect it being the closing shot of the movie. And leading organically into the mainland plot without forcing the Indoraptor to the forefront. However, I won't bet all my chips on it, because misdirection is an old and reliable trick used by every director.

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 8:56 am

From a storytelling perspective, it would make sense to have Rexy be the savior of the 6th, and presumably final, film. It would bring the series full circle. In that regard, I could see her being used as more of a diversion in the initial breaching of Lockwood Manor, and then escaping into the forests of California for whatever they have in store for us in JW3.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 1:23 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I have been thinking of an idea on how Rexy could go out. You guys might hate it, but I'll share it anyways. It does take some setup in order to give it the right context...

So we start with the little girl in the film (still not sure what her name in the film is, so let's just stick with Lucy for now). She's become quite the dinosaur fanatic, and is particularly in love with the T. Rex (we've seen footage of her playing with a T. Rex toy, so that plays into that a bit). It turns out that a number of park guests witnessed and recorded the battle between the Indominus and Rexy in the last film, and after the footage of the fight got out, she saw it and basically became obsessed with dinosaurs from that moment on. All she wants to do is see a real life dinosaur for herself.

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Bts2

Fast forward to the last chapter of the film. The Indoraptor has somehow broken out and all hell is breaking loose. Lucy is found by the Indoraptor near where her dinosaur playset thing is. Terrified, she drops her T. Rex toy on the ground and runs. She's of course saved by Owen and Clair, but now she's absolutely terrified of dinosaurs.

So the whole Indoraptor/Lockwood manor bit plays out and is eventually resolved (one way or another), but in the process Rexy is woken up and is now loose. She eventually makes her way to the room where Lucy's dinosaur playset (where she left the T. Rex toy). At this point, Lucy has been separated from Owen and Claire and has made her way back to this room as well. She hides and watches Rexy from afar. At this point a group of armed people (Mercenaries, Police, National Guard...it doesn't really matter) who are sweeping the area find Rexy and unceremoniously drop her with gunfire. Rexy comes crashing down, just short of where Lucy left her T. Rex toy. As the group of people leave the room and continue to sweep the rest of the manor, Rexy is left lying on the floor, still breathing, but unable to move and close to death. Lucy emerges from her hiding place and approaches Rexy. The mood of the film suddenly shifts, and we're left with a quiet, poignant moment between a child and her fallen hero.

As Lucy approaches Rexy, the beginning of this is playing...

The music never swells though. It never becomes grandiose. It stays delicate, with only the piano carrying it.

Lucy approaches Rexy, tears in her eyes. Rexy is still unable to move. She breathes heavily, but acknowledges Lucy with her eyes. Lucy hesitantly reaches her hand out and touches Rexy. After a few moments, the music cuts out as Owen and Claire find Lucy. One of them says "C'mon Lucy, let's go!", and Lucy leaves her fallen hero behind.

We're left with a shot of Rexy on the ground, similar to this shot, but minus Owen and Claire and with Lucy's T. Rex toy in the foreground.

Spoiler:

The camera lingers on this shot for a while. No music is playing. It's very solemn.

Then, we see Lucy's legs come back into frame as she runs back to grab her T. Rex toy off the ground. The delicate piano version of the main theme reprises (6:53 of the video above for reference) as Lucy briefly comes back into frame to grab her toy, and as the reprise ends, Rexy closes her eyes and finally slips away.

A bittersweet ending. Rexy falls not as a conquering hero or a force of nature, but in a very sobering way as a vulnerable animal. But even so, in her final moments she was able to inspire a child to renew and reinforce her love of dinosaurs.

In the final moments of the film, we see Owen and Claire releasing the dinosaurs they saved on Nublar onto Sorna. Giacchino's Jurassic World score plays as we see a montage of Claire and Owen releasing the dinosaurs. Then, as Claire and Owen are about to leave Sorna, we hear the familiar, deafening roar of a Tyrannosaurus breaking the calm silence. Journey To The Island starts to play and the film ends with the promise of a new Tyrannosaur ready to take the mantle from Rexy for the final installment.

Just an idea.

This would be really cool. It's a good potential character moment for Lucy and supports the view of Claire regarding the Dinosaurs being animals. If Colin and Derek can pull of an emotional scene like this, then the film could be really great!
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 1:24 pm

I really think they need to start steering clear of having the T-Rex saving everybody.
Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 19, 2017 11:56 pm

I'm hoping they don't kill Rexy, but if they do, I'd prefer it if she either died in battle like a true warrior or died peacefully in her sleep rather than having her die from some kind of illness. Does anyone know how old Rexy is?

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 1:44 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I really think they need to start steering clear of having the T-Rex saving everybody.
Same. Rexy is awesome, but she’s not Batman. She’s a wild animal.

I really hope they have a good reason for why she chases the Carno, and I really hope she doesn’t discriminate on who is “on the menu” so to speak. Lol.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 11:20 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Same. Rexy is awesome, but she’s not Batman. She’s a wild animal.

I really hope they have a good reason for why she chases the Carno, and I really hope she doesn’t discriminate on who is “on the menu” so to speak. Lol.

I'm also hoping that Trevorrow's "She's always hungry" explanation is just a joke.
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 12:26 pm

I hope they throw in a line about the T. Rex being territorial. That was the vibe I got from her taking down the Carno. Maybe the Carnos are normally nocturnal, and during the daytime that plain is Rexy's turf. The volcanic activity disrupted the carno's sleep and the overcast sky made her think the T. Rex wasn't awake. So she goes after some prey in the area and grumpy old Rexy sets an example by pinning her down and bellowing to assert her dominance.
Back to top Go down
Saurillian
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Saurillian

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Minmi wrote:
I'm hoping they don't kill Rexy, but if they do, I'd prefer it if she either died in battle like a true warrior or died peacefully in her sleep rather than having her die from some kind of illness. Does anyone know how old Rexy is?

JurassicWorld.com once said she was born in late 1989 or early 1990, so around 28-29 years old

"She doesn't even have a Sega! She's such a troglodyte!" - Kelly

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Jp3_210
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 20, 2017 4:07 pm

Saurillian wrote:
Minmi wrote:

JurassicWorld.com once said she was born in late 1989 or early 1990, so around 28-29 years old

She's definitely not elderly like we thought she was. Again, I'm guessing they're shooting for the 50-year lifespan. She's aged, but judging from the way she moves and how she's put on weight since JW, it's pretty clear that she's still supposed to represent a regular T. Rex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Fate of Rexy in Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2