Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3

Go down 
+11
Dr. Wu
#TRexSpinorematch
V.a.nublarensis
dance2nite
Spinosaur4.4
BarrytheOnyx
BoulderFaceplant
Herrerasaurus
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
Six-Foot Turkey
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2018 9:52 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Maybe Bayona didn't want to come back? he may have only wanted to do one film & then go back to something more intimate & personal to him which is totally understandable.

I think you’re probably right. He doesn’t seem at all the type to stay on a franchise. But even if he was I still think we’re looking at a scenario where Colin is doing this for his best interests.

Yes people are saying the studio is happy with FK. But they were also extremely happy with Cokin making them nearly 1.7 billion in box office alone in the first one. That’s probably why they let him pick the director and come back.

I hope to god I’m wrong and he’s doing it because he has a great plan but i don’t think so. I’m really worried and down. Gonna be a long three years.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2018 2:28 am

Troyal1 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Maybe Bayona didn't want to come back? he may have only wanted to do one film & then go back to something more intimate & personal to him which is totally understandable.

I think you’re probably right. He doesn’t seem at all the type to stay on a franchise. But even if he was I still think we’re looking at a scenario where Colin is doing this for his best interests.

Yes people are saying the studio is happy with FK. But they were also extremely happy with Cokin making them nearly 1.7 billion in box office alone in the first one. That’s probably why they let him pick the director and come back.

I hope to god I’m wrong and he’s doing it because he has a great plan but i don’t think so. I’m really worried and down. Gonna be a long three years.

Please don't worry too much, Colin directing is not the worst thing in the world considering he has planned this whole trilogy himself alongside Spielberg. He is the one writing & directing nearly all of this trilogy, he will put his heart & soul into this final film like he did with JW, which was overall a GOOD film despite it's flaws.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 8:13 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Here’s me just thinking out loud.

He says the trilogy is set up for the end of the end. And our best guess Is that the next movie ends up with animals loose on the mainland. And I personally think the animals are going extinct or it has them taking over.

I guess I’m worried that he wouldn’t be able to show it off in a dark and emotional way that is serious. And that it’s going to feel like too much of a popcorn flick. Like the thought of having more Blue and Owen on the mainland makes me cringe in fear personally.

Since it’s the only JP movie that won’t take place on a island at all that we know of it sounds extremely ambitious and hard to pull off for anyone.

Edit: also at Bary ... yeah it’s weird the more I think about it. Why would they make this decision public so early before seeing how people even respond to Fallen Kingdom? It lends credence to the idea that nobody but Colin is getting a chance at it I suppose.

Funny you say that because that got me thinking. If that scenario, the dinosaurs going extinct does happen, then do you think that Universal hired Trevorrow as the fall guy so that Spielberg won't get the blame? I ask because Spielberg has been in a lot of projects that he was responsible for being bad, often via hi lack of caring, yet he always avoided the blame.

JP3: As Executive Producer, he sat around and did nothing. When it came out, Joe Johnston got the blame while Spielberg got none.

IJ4: Lucas got the blame but Spielberg didn't.

The Transformers franchise: As Executive Producer, he, again, sat around and let the franchise get run into the ground by Michael Bay, even though he had all the power to rein him in. Bay still gets the blame, but Spielberg got off scott free.

As much as I don't like this choice, since he might not totally get the franchise like he does with the first movie, I honesty can't help but wonder if Trevorrow is being set up to fail here. And considering how he was screwed out of SW9 by Rian Johnson and Kathleen Kennedy, I don't want him to be screwed over again.

With that said, I wonder if it's also something else. That people know that Spielberg is too overly protective of this franchise despite him not knowing what to do with it and that people with fresh ideas are not being allowed to enter the talks of being the new director because of how overbearing Spielberg is.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 02, 2018 7:27 pm

Of all the things it could be, the notion that Universal, Legendary and Amblin and all the involved studios would throw a nine figure budget at a film specifically to lose money and fail just to get rid of a director seems a bit far-fetched. I don't think any of those studios are in a position where they can spend that kind of money with the intent of never seeing any profit just to spite someone.

The only reason why that would be allowed from a business standpoint is if they had a new plan waiting in the wings and wanted to do away with the old regime, like how Disney basically abandoned the marketing for John Carter entirely, causing it to flop badly. That film was supposed to be their Star Wars before they bought Lucasfilm, and nowadays both Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm are their bread and butter, arguably more important than their animated films. And we'd see at least one huge Disney flop every other year with The Lone Ranger, Tomorrowland and even Spielberg's own The BGF. Fortunately for Brad Bird and Andrew Stanton, they were allowed to return to the Disney fold on sequels to beloved Pixar films.

My overarching point is that Disney is secure enough in what assets they have that they can afford to take a bomb like that and never look back. Universal can't do that. Fast & Furious are glorified Transformers lite, Pacific Rim Uprising isn't doing that well critically or financially, and until something new is allowed to flourish Jurassic Park is the best they've got.

Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 03, 2018 8:40 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Of all the things it could be, the notion that Universal, Legendary and Amblin and all the involved studios would throw a nine figure budget at a film specifically to lose money and fail just to get rid of a director seems a bit far-fetched. I don't think any of those studios are in a position where they can spend that kind of money with the intent of never seeing any profit just to spite someone.

The only reason why that would be allowed from a business standpoint is if they had a new plan waiting in the wings and wanted to do away with the old regime, like how Disney basically abandoned the marketing for John Carter entirely, causing it to flop badly. That film was supposed to be their Star Wars before they bought Lucasfilm, and nowadays both Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm are their bread and butter, arguably more important than their animated films. And we'd see at least one huge Disney flop every other year with The Lone Ranger, Tomorrowland and even Spielberg's own The BGF. Fortunately for Brad Bird and Andrew Stanton, they were allowed to return to the Disney fold on sequels to beloved Pixar films.

My overarching point is that Disney is secure enough in what assets they have that they can afford to take a bomb like that and never look back. Universal can't do that. Fast & Furious are glorified Transformers lite, Pacific Rim Uprising isn't doing that well critically or financially, and until something new is allowed to flourish Jurassic Park is the best they've got.

But if that's the case, then wouldn't one think that they would have taken much of Spielberg's power away and would have tried to maximize the JP franchise as much as possible? If Jurassic Park is the best Universal has, then we should being far more JP stuff. More then enough to show people that their is more then just the MCU. I work in retail and I'm already seeing Avengers: Infinity War products, not to mention still quite a bit of Black Panther products all over the place.

I just think that Universal has no long term plan and is too busy living in the moment to care about the long term health of this franchise.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 1:06 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

But if that's the case, then wouldn't one think that they would have taken much of Spielberg's power away and would have tried to maximize the JP franchise as much as possible? If Jurassic Park is the best Universal has, then we should being far more JP stuff. More then enough to show people that their is more then just the MCU. I work in retail and I'm already seeing Avengers: Infinity War products, not to mention still quite a bit of Black Panther products all over the place.

I just think that Universal has no long term plan and is too busy living in the moment to care about the long term health of this franchise.

Because I'm going to be honest...there's just not that much to JP as a whole. Don't get me wrong or think I'm hating on the franchise, but there's only so many options. There's the original trilogy, which quickly devolved into "running and screaming" plots. There's JW trilogy, which so far looks to be fine with hybrids, and remixing plots from the previous trilogy. After that, where can we go? An origin film, which could be good but given what people expect, there probably wouldn't be many or any dinosaurs in the film, and would probably bomb as a science driven film. There's the potential bridge film, between JP3 and JW where they got the dinosaurs and rebuilt, but I think there's a novel coming sort of detailing that time period. So, then the final option is "Go off the rails, asylum-style, with a much bigger budget." And I don't think any JP fan really wants to see that (besides me, but only as an animated series based off Chaos Effect of the Sayles JP4 script.).

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 1:09 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Because I'm going to be honest...there's just not that much to JP as a whole. Don't get me wrong or think I'm hating on the franchise, but there's only so many options. There's the original trilogy, which quickly devolved into "running and screaming" plots. There's JW trilogy, which so far looks to be fine with hybrids, and remixing plots from the previous trilogy. After that, where can we go? An origin film, which could be good but given what people expect, there probably wouldn't be many or any dinosaurs in the film, and would probably bomb as a science driven film. There's the potential bridge film, between JP3 and JW where they got the dinosaurs and rebuilt, but I think there's a novel coming sort of detailing that time period. So, then the final option is "Go off the rails, asylum-style, with a much bigger budget." And I don't think any JP fan really wants to see that (besides me, but only as an animated series based off Chaos Effect of the Sayles JP4 script.).
i completey agree with this. there isnt much they can do. People are already complaining about the amount of jp films that we have now.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2018 7:58 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

i completey agree with this. there isnt much they can do. People are already complaining about the amount of jp films that we have now.

There are many other options: A movie that deals with Biosyn or some other company making dinosaurs in the African rainforest where said company uses the cover of living dinosaurs: aka Cryptosaurs, like Mokele-Mbembe as cover.

A tie in movie or animated cartoon show between JP3 and JW. I honestly don't think that this novel is enough. Sorry, but in the post Avengers era, franchises have to grow larger and one Claire novel isn't enough.

Something about the other islands. One would think that other dinosaurs would exist there too.

Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 5:31 pm

http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/18/jurassic-world-3-colin-trevorrow/

Jurassic World 3 will be a 'science thriller,' says Colin Trevorrow

Trevorrow, who is currently writing Jurassic World 3 with Emily Carmichael (Pacific Rim: Uprising) is mum on plot details but does say the final film will still feature Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard). He adds, “But there’s other characters who we’ll meet in Fallen Kingdom you’ll realize are major characters.”

Trevorrow also says the next film will be most close in tone to Steven Spielberg’s 1993 original. Reveals the director, “If I could contextualize each film, I would say Jurassic World was an action adventure, Fallen Kingdom is kind of a horror suspense film, and Jurassic World 3 will be a science thriller in the same way that Jurassic Park was.”
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 5:34 pm

Oviraptor wrote:
http://ew.com/movies/2018/04/18/jurassic-world-3-colin-trevorrow/

Jurassic World 3 will be a 'science thriller,' says Colin Trevorrow

Trevorrow, who is currently writing Jurassic World 3 with Emily Carmichael (Pacific Rim: Uprising) is mum on plot details but does say the final film will still feature Owen (Chris Pratt) and Claire (Bryce Dallas Howard). He adds, “But there’s other characters who we’ll meet in Fallen Kingdom you’ll realize are major characters.”

Trevorrow also says the next film will be most close in tone to Steven Spielberg’s 1993 original. Reveals the director, “If I could contextualize each film, I would say Jurassic World was an action adventure, Fallen Kingdom is kind of a horror suspense film, and Jurassic World 3 will be a science thriller in the same way that Jurassic Park was.”

I saw that. Jurassic World 3 is a mystery to me. Really interested in where it might go.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2018 5:39 pm

As long as the story brings everything full circle, I'm fine with the tone of it.

Back to top Go down
Oviraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 12:19 am

In the new Total Film magazine Trevorrow says the Indoraptor will be the last hybrid seen in the JW Trilogy, that in JW3 he's looking forward to getting a little bit back into the paleontological, wild animal, true dinosaur nature of all of it.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 12:21 am

Oviraptor wrote:
In the new Total Film magazine Trevorrow says the Indoraptor will be the last hybrid seen in the JW Trilogy, that in JW3 he's looking forward to getting a little bit back into the paleontological, wild animal, true dinosaur nature of all of it.

Awesome to hear if true, although one could take it that it means the Indoraptor survives into the next film.

Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 2:08 am

The Indoraptor dies in FK, we know that, we even know how so it comes as no surprise that JW3 won't feature anymore. Anyway looking forward to seeing more existing Dinosaurs taking the spotlight again even though the hybrid aspect has been handled very well so far with the Indominus & what we've seen of the Indoraptor.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 5:55 am

JW3 is such a mystery. I genuinely have no idea what it'll be about.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 11:27 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Colin not having a classic formula both excites and terrifies me lol.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 12:17 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Colin not having a classic formula both excites and terrifies me lol.

Yeah haha
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 12:53 pm

Honestly, I should be completely over the moon about hybrids being axed from the final JW film, but with Trevorrow directing, and I hate saying this, I've kind of already written the film off in a sense.

Don't get me wrong, I think JW3 can and will be a good film. It's just that I think "good" is about where Trevorrow's ceiling is, if you know what I mean.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 12:55 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Honestly, I should be completely over the moon about hybrids being axed from the final JW film, but with Trevorrow directing, and I hate saying this, I've kind of already written the film off in a sense.

Don't get me wrong, I think JW3 can and will be a good film. It's just that I think "good" is about where Trevorrow's ceiling is, if you know what I mean.

Never write a film off before you've seen it Wink
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 2:05 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Never write a film off before you've seen it Wink

Yeah, yeah, yeah Razz

I do hope he keeps Oscar Faura on board as the cinematographer, considering how much better the cinematography looks in FK as opposed to JW.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 4:31 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

“I've kind of already written the film off in a sense.”

This. So much this.

After Bayona was picked I had so hoped they would pick another very experienced or even “artistic” director to helm the final chapter.

With Colin I’m either going to get a disaster like book of Henry or a “good blockbuster”, but I wanted way more than that for the last movie. And it deserves more.

That’s why him not having a forumal we know of scares me. That was basically book of Henry. Colin going wild.

Obviously I’ll root for him and a miracle, but I do wish he’d reconsider. It feels like he’s using JW3 as a career move because of Star Wars. I think we’d have someone very different if it wasn’t for Star Wars.

Matt reeves save us.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 5:40 pm

I do wish we had a new director though. And a more experienced writer.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 7:46 pm

I’m really not trying to be a jerk about it even though I know what I’m saying is harsh. It’s just how i feel.

I will always root for the best result no matter what though.

The thing that scares me more than not really liking Colin’s direction is “this is a business decision because I got fired” feel I get. Maybe I’m wrong. I hope so.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:21 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

“I've kind of already written the film off in a sense.”

This. So much this.

After Bayona was picked I had so hoped they would pick another very experienced or even “artistic” director to helm the final chapter.

With Colin I’m either going to get a disaster like book of Henry or a “good blockbuster”, but I wanted way more than that for the last movie. And it deserves more.

That’s why him not having a forumal we know of scares me. That was basically book of Henry. Colin going wild.

Obviously I’ll root for him and a miracle, but I do wish he’d reconsider. It feels like he’s using JW3 as a career move because of Star Wars. I think we’d have someone very different if it wasn’t for Star Wars.

Matt reeves save us.

Considering how Trevorrow had little power over making JW since he was so green and how Sobek said that Bayona was also turned into a pawn, does anybody think that Spielberg also picked Trevorrow as a pawn again, due to how...overprotective he's been of this franchise?

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:29 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Considering how Trevorrow had little power over making JW since he was so green and how Sobek said that Bayona was also turned into a pawn, does anybody think that Spielberg also picked Trevorrow as a pawn again, due to how...overprotective he's been of this franchise?

Do you think you could link me to where you saw this, because, all due respect, I'm having some trouble believing it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:37 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Do you think you could link me to where you saw this, because, all due respect, I'm having some trouble believing it.

Here's where he said it. The last 2 parts.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 9:58 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yeah, I'm still not buying it 100%. While I'm not doubting Universal had a lot of say, much of what we've seen has oozed of Bayona's influence, and from what people have said about the first 5 minutes of the film, Bayona's influence can easily be seen.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat May 05, 2018 11:06 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yeah, I'm still not buying it 100%. While I'm not doubting Universal had a lot of say, much of what we've seen has oozed of Bayona's influence, and from what people have said about the first 5 minutes of the film, Bayona's influence can easily be seen.

I'm willing to believe Bayona got a lot of his own say. However, after seeing Ready Player One, and it being....uh, ok I guess, I could kind of see how JW could've been halfway ghost directed by Spielberg, or at least major influence held over Trevorrow. I thought RPO was ok, but Spielberg's heyday is behind him.

On a side note, I love Poltergeist, and I always thought it was interesting how there were rumors Tobe Hooper was a stand in to take credit for Spielberg because of Guild issues or something, I forget. Yet I found it kind of disrespectful after Hooper died, that they were suddenly like "Yep, Spielberg did it. It's all true." I'm like, the man credited is dead, kind of a crappy time to suddenly admit this now.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2018 12:43 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I'm willing to believe Bayona got a lot of his own say. However, after seeing Ready Player One, and it being....uh, ok I guess, I could kind of see how JW could've been halfway ghost directed by Spielberg, or at least major influence held over Trevorrow. I thought RPO was ok, but Spielberg's heyday is behind him.

It makes you wonder if the fact that Spielberg being so hands on is driving out better directors and new people who get the franchise more then the current people. CT-1138 said that Trevorrow gets JP the movie, but not JP the franchise. Between that and Spielberg not being a franchise man and I'm not sure if Spielberg knows what he's doing.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3   Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colin Trevorrow to direct Jurassic World 3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2