Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Grant's "Best intentions" quote

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

Grant's "Best intentions" quote Empty
PostSubject: Grant's "Best intentions" quote   Grant's "Best intentions" quote Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 pm

What exactly was Grant referring to when he said, "The best intentions...some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."

I have initially thought of atrocities committed by various dictatorships, or colonialism. But I feel like that is too on the nose, so to speak.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Grant's "Best intentions" quote   Grant's "Best intentions" quote Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 9:15 pm

I’m pretty sure he’s referring to the creation of the Dino’s.

Other Scientific advancements? Healthcare has pretty good intentions to extend life. But it can get dark. Like maybe the ability to keep someone alive even though it’s probably unethical. And by that I mean hooked on ventilators for 20 years but brain dead or in severe pain/misery when that person probably would have been better off resting in peace.

That’s all that really comes to my mind anyway.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Grant's "Best intentions" quote   Grant's "Best intentions" quote Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 9:42 pm

Communism? Sounds all nice and flowery on paper. Try to enact it? 100 million dead.

Grant's "Best intentions" quote Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Grant's "Best intentions" quote   Grant's "Best intentions" quote Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2018 10:23 pm

1morey wrote:
What exactly was Grant referring to when he said, "The best intentions...some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the best intentions."

I have initially thought of atrocities committed by various dictatorships, or colonialism. But I feel like that is too on the nose, so to speak.

That’s exactly what he was referring to. Even the Holocaust was done with good intentions. He’s illustrating that “the best of intentions” has nothing to do with the actual outcome.
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Grant's "Best intentions" quote   Grant's "Best intentions" quote Icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2018 1:55 pm

The park, clearly. Built with the best intentions of bringing happiness to millions of children and becoming a symbol of scientific advancement, forever sealed by death, corruption and shadow.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grant's "Best intentions" quote   Grant's "Best intentions" quote Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Grant's "Best intentions" quote
Page 1 of 1