Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

"I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"

Go down 
+14
Levine
Mr. Robustus
Amadieus
Spinosaur4.4
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
TheDreamMaster
V.a.nublarensis
TheRexMan22
Dv-218
CT-1138
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
Lost
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

"I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Empty
PostSubject: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:19 pm

There's something about how he says this line that just annoys the s*** out of me. I'm already not a fan of Owen's cocky tough guy persona, but this was just too much for me to bear. Anyone else find this line particularly revolting? The way he said it and his face when he said it... I'm so fed up with how Owen thinks he's the raptor king.

EDIT: Thanks to the character of Owen, a new generation of kids now grow up thinking that velociraptors are these cool dinosaurs you can train to do things, kind of like dogs.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:46 pm

How did we go from

Spoiler:

to

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:49 pm

Personally, I loved the line. Gave me a good chuckle in the theater.

Different strokes...

But more to the point, I think it's slightly unfair to compare the raptors from the first few films to the raptors from the World series. The raptors from JW have a very specific narrative that they are adhering to, while the raptors from the first couple of films don't, and yet the raptors from JW still slaughtered an entire Ingen Security team.

"I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Lost wrote:
There's something about how he says this line that just annoys the s*** out of me. I'm already not a fan of Owen's cocky tough guy persona, but this was just too much for me to bear. Anyone else find this line particularly revolting? The way he said it and his face when he said it... I'm so fed up with how Owen thinks he's the raptor king.

EDIT: Thanks to the character of Owen, a new generation of kids now grow up thinking that velociraptors are these cool dinosaurs you can train to do things, kind of like dogs.

I agree. This whole film reminded me that i never liked Owen, i only liked Chris Pratt because he seems nice in real life. I thought that BDH carried him in the first movie but i actually found her weaker here as well.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 9:34 pm

Lost wrote:
How did we go from

Spoiler:

to

Spoiler:

I don't like how they took the one major villain dinosaur out there, arguably the meanest, nastiest, most sadistic dinosaurs to ever see the silver screen and turn them into the "good duy dinosaur", but in all fairness they do explain why Blue is especially receptive of Owen's training in FK.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2018 10:09 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Lost wrote:
How did we go from

Spoiler:

to

Spoiler:

I don't like how they took the one major villain dinosaur out there, arguably the meanest, nastiest, most sadistic dinosaurs to ever see the silver screen and turn them into the "good duy dinosaur", but in all fairness they do explain why Blue is especially receptive of Owen's training in FK.

I think a big way to fix an issue with blue(atleast for myself) is to have other raptors in the film that are completely wild. I think that would be a great way to meet in the middle so to speak.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:22 am

I agree, despite the fact that I didn't mind the more docile raptors from JW and FK (they are a different breed after all), I would like to see the dangerous, vicious raptors return. Either introduce a new pack of raptors that was cloned by another company/person , or-perhaps this will lead to a sad conclusion- have blue go completely savage after all she's been through and make her a threat the people who live in that town she escaped to.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:38 am

There's only so many times we can see raptors chase and kill people before it gets boring. At least JW and FK took them in a new direction.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 4:21 am

I liked the line. Owen's expression looks pretty neutral to me, and gives a sense that he just needs to say something funny to distract from how he doesn't really want to go back to Nublar.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:03 am

CT-1138 wrote:
Lost wrote:
How did we go from

Spoiler:

to

Spoiler:

This pretty much sums up what I was going to say.

Wish they’d at least bring in the game Herrarsaurus or something similar.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 6:53 am

CT-1138 wrote:
Lost wrote:
How did we go from

Spoiler:

to

Spoiler:

I don't like how they took the one major villain dinosaur out there, arguably the meanest, nastiest, most sadistic dinosaurs to ever see the silver screen and turn them into the "good duy dinosaur", but in all fairness they do explain why Blue is especially receptive of Oywen's training in FK.

You guys probably didn't like Terminator 2, right? Lol

Btw I loved Owen's line, especially Franklin answering "We're not compatible" was hilarious

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 7:00 am

owenpratt wrote:

Btw I loved Owen's line, especially Franklin answering "We're not compatible" was hilarious
To be fair, T2 still has an evil Terminator, though. Right now, the Raptor Squad is the only depiction of Raptors in the JW trilogy. I really like them, but I agree that we need to see some wild Raptors in JW3.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 7:19 am

Lol. Blue is like the T-800 to the Indoraptor's T-1000.

On topic: I liked the line and am actually quite enjoying the "face turn" of the raptors. Owen is the only person that can control Blue (and even then, not fully), and we still got several nice raptor kills in JW and FK (Blue taking out those two lab technicians was glorious).

Also it's actually not unrealistic for a man to form a bond with a raptor, because humans have formed bonds with big predators in real life like lions, crocodiles and bears.

Plus we already had three movies of wild raptors.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 7:36 am

^I completely agree Very Happy.
Plus, the bond between owen and blue, imo, helps establishing the raptors as actual animals as opposed to overly aggresive monsters who kill constantly. That was a nice touch.
And, like you said, we did get some raptor kills in both movies, and brutal ones too- almost on par with TLW.
Like I said, I would like the vicious and wild raptors to return, but the portrayal in JW and FK is not necessarily bad either.

Last edited by Dv-218 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 7:41 am

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

To be fair, T2 still has an evil Terminator, though. Right now, the Raptor Squad is the only depiction of Raptors in the JW trilogy. I really like them, but I agree that we need to see some wild Raptors in JW3.

T-800 -> Blue
T-1000 -> Indoraptor

Both are a sort of evolution of the previous model. As simple as that.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 7:44 am

now I can't stop imagining Blue talking with a schwarzenegger voice lmao
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:10 am

Dv-218 wrote:

Owen: Blue, come with me.

Blue: I'll be back.

*Blue runs into woods.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:38 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:

Owen: Blue, come with me.

Blue: I'll be back.

*Terminator theme playing loud*

*Blue runs into woods.

Fixed.

Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:41 am

"JURASSIC WORLD: JUDGEMENT DAY" -2021
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 8:44 am

Dv-218 wrote:
"JURASSIC WORLD: JUDGEMENT DAY" -2021

Hey, that would be actually a pretty neat title! Surprised

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:24 am

I disliked the line too. I remember saying "Wow Owen, congrats, what a badass, do you want a Nobel prize because of that?" smh. He thinks he's special lmao

I would love to see his arrogant ass say that in front of Alan Grant. I would love to see Grant lecture him.

I never liked Owen and always felt he was too cocky and arrogant for what he actually was. Must be because he was a marine, some soldiers are too arrogant, don't know why.

Bitch please, you wouldn't ride with these raptors if other people didn't create them. Smile

I hate arrogance, and to me, only one person in JP franchise can be arrogant and cocky, and it's not Owen Grady.

But since he's the "cool hero handsome bro" people think it's okay for him to be arrogant...

"Cool charismatic handsomebro military man" : "Wow look at me I'm such a badass"

People aka GA: Wow what a badass, he's awesome

Scientist who actually is a genius and important who made all the changes that is happening in the world: "I'm such a genius, I'm awesome"

People: Ewwww nasty, look that arrogant bastard hope he/she dies!!!111

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

"I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" LYHX0zA

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:33 am

Dilophosaurus wrote:

On topic: I liked the line and am actually quite enjoying the "face turn" of the raptors. Owen is the only person that can control Blue (and even then, not fully), and we still got several nice raptor kills in JW and FK (Blue taking out those two lab technicians was glorious).

Also it's actually not unrealistic for a man to form a bond with a raptor, because humans have formed bonds with big predators in real life like lions, crocodiles and bears.

I would love to see Owen train chimpanzees. He would get his face destroyed when they reached teenage ages. Would be glorious. Cool

There's a very far line btw WILD animals and domestic animals. We shouldn't forget that. Blue's not domestic to be Owen's pet.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:33 am

Well, but Diego, we know you don't like Owen and you love Wu. That's a useless post, sorry.

BANNED!

Laughing

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:39 am

owenpratt wrote:
Well, but Diego, we know you don't like Owen and you love Wu. That's a useless post, sorry.

BANNED!

Laughing

Wait, am I'm going to get banned because of this? Shocked

While I might be biased, this is not about me liking one character and disliking the other.

It's about how annoying Owen's arrogance is, specially for a guy who just came to "train" some raptors and thinks he's the best. That attitude he has...

And the double standards of general audience, something that exists a lot.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 11:44 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

BANNED!

Laughing

While I might be biased, this is not about me liking one character and disliking the other.

It's about how annoying Owen's arrogance is, specially for a guy who just came to "train" some raptors and thinks he's the best. That attitude he has...

Diego, I was clearly ironic Rolling Eyes Razz

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 12:00 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

BANNED!

Laughing

Diego, I was clearly ironic Rolling Eyes Razz

I know. Razz

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 12:05 pm

Okay, good Laughing

I think Owen is a bit arrogant some times, but in FK he matures a bit IMO. He even admits his faults.

Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 1:59 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

I would love to see Owen train chimpanzees. He would get his face destroyed when they reached teenage ages. Would be glorious. Cool

There's a very far line btw WILD animals and domestic animals.  We shouldn't forget that. Blue's not domestic to be Owen's pet.

Crocodiles, lions, chimps, dolphins, whales and bears aren't domestic pets either, yet there are cases where each one (and many other dangerous animals) has had a close bond with a human similar to Owen's bond with Blue.
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 2:33 pm

^Exactly!
And to add to that fact, here's a perfect example:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_the_lion
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitimeFri Jun 29, 2018 2:52 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Dilophosaurus wrote:

There's a very far line btw WILD animals and domestic animals.  We shouldn't forget that. Blue's not domestic to be Owen's pet.

Crocodiles, lions, chimps, dolphins, whales and bears aren't domestic pets either, yet there are cases where each one (and many other dangerous animals) has had a close bond with a human similar to Owen's bond with Blue.

I'm not contesting that (though I would compare real-life velociraptors more to birds forming bonds with humans, which is certainly possible). I'm simply saying that within the JP universe, I don't like seeing the most terrifying dinosaur from the first movies domesticated.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next