Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?

Go down 
+6
Megaspino2
CT-1138
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
Troyal1
Minmi
10 posters

T-Rex
T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Vote_lcap82%T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Vote_rcap
 82% [ 14 ]
Velociraptors
T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Vote_lcap18%T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 17

Back

AuthorMessage
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Empty
PostSubject: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 7:31 am

There seems to be a lot of debate of what killed the crew of SS Venture in 'The Lost World'. Some say it was the male T-Rex while others are convinced the culprits were a pair of stowaway Raptors. What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 12:43 pm

I voted Rex because that’s definitely what it’s supposed to be. Even though I think it’s dumb and makes no sense.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 27, 2017 6:04 pm

That would be pretty impressive if a couple of Raptors managed to find their way on board, kill all the crew, avoid being eaten by the Rex, and then not be seen after the ship crashed in San Diego.

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 2:45 am

I've always thought it was the Rex. He was tranquilized before they left the island, but the amount of tranquilizer he was given caused him to stop breathing, so they had to give him something else to get him breathing again. I think this other drug he was given made the tranquilizer wear off much faster than it should have done. Therefore, he was wide awake well before they reached the mainland, giving him plenty of time to kill the ship's crew. Let's face it, if you had to tranquilize an animal as large as a fully-grown T-Rex, would you know how much tranquilizer to administer to put them to sleep without causing them to stop breathing?

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 2:54 am

It was a camouflaged Carnotaurus that snuck aboard before they left Sorna, and that Carno is still roaming San Diego in disguise to this day.

T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 10:58 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
It was a camouflaged Carnotaurus that snuck aboard before they left Sorna, and that Carno is still roaming San Diego in disguise to this day.

Oh my god this. And we still don’t know where Lockwood Manor is..... maybe it found it’s way there? It would explain the rumor of this animal supposedly being in JW2 XD.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 28, 2017 3:35 pm

It was the Rex and had always been the Rex. This was confirmed in an interview with David Koepp a few years back. There were never any Raptors.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:02 pm

OK, so one of the cast members confirmed it was the Rex. Has anyone ever confirmed what killed the people on the boat at the beginning of Jurassic Park 3?

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 29, 2017 11:22 pm

Minmi wrote:
OK, so one of the cast members confirmed it was the Rex. Has anyone ever confirmed what killed the people on the boat at the beginning of Jurassic Park 3?

I don’t think so but my interpretation has always been the Spino. Why do I say that?

Because one of the main points at the end that’s supposed to be shocking is when it comes out of the water. I think that’s supposed to be your “aha!” Moment when you think back to the boat in the first scene.

Many people disagree but I think that was the intention.
Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 12:15 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Because one of the main points at the end that’s supposed to be shocking is when it comes out of the water. I think that’s supposed to be your “aha!” Moment when you think back to the boat in the first scene.

I'm not sure if anything in JP3's script was given that level of thought Razz.

Back to top Go down
Minmi
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Minmi

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 2:54 am

I assumed maybe it was the Pteranodons, but then I thought: The boat is out on the water and if the Pteranodons attacked, then surely the people in the parasail would have seen them, so could the attacker possibly be a marine reptile like a Mosasaur or Plesiosaur?

Hatchling
Hatchling
eagc7

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 10:32 am

T-rex, there is even a video on youtube about this matter that i recommedn checking. which gives us an good idea of why it was just the t-rex

even the torn hand has an explenation, as there is concept art of the t-rex attack and there is a huge hole in the place where the captain was, we dont see it in the movie, but we see it in concept art.

Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 10:44 am

Megaspino2 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I'm not sure if anything in JP3's script was given that level of thought Razz.

Well that was kinda my point haha. It didn’t really make sense for Spino to be out there by that boat. So that is supposed to be your “lightbulb” moment later in the film.

Like for example it is pretty obvious they were so lazy to not even take into account Pteranodons being free on the island in TLW. Otherwise what’s the big deal about showing the cage open and them escaping? That part also never made sense to me. But dumb writing.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 30, 2017 10:46 am

eagc7 wrote:
T-rex, there is even a video on youtube about this matter that i recommedn checking. which gives us an good idea of why it was just the t-rex

even the torn hand has an explenation, as there is concept art of the t-rex attack and there is a huge hole in the place where the captain was, we dont see it in the movie, but we see it in concept art.

Sweet! Could be get a link please?
Back to top Go down
LostWorld
Hatchling
Hatchling
LostWorld

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2019 9:34 am

Neither the T.rex or Velociraptors were guilty in this case...

The true Hollywood story is that one unnamed crew member onboard of less than average height went rogue, and got some stuff started between the rest of the crew, which then resulted in a free-for-all crew vs crew battle. The only remaining survivor, the Captain, was then viciously killed very shortly after by a tribe of no more than 3 Compies that had been smuggled onboard and escaped during all the chaos. The T.rex was locked up and sound asleep the whole time.

A real tragedy.
Back to top Go down
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2019 10:11 pm

T. rex for sure, although the clues aren't in-your-face. We saw the damaged containment unit on deck, and the ship crashing would not have caused this kind of damage. Ludlow was shocked that the male was in the cargo hold and he would have known if that's where the animal was intended to be the entire time (he's not that stupid). Combined with the InGen employee's statements that the male went into a coma and was thus revived during transit, these clues lead to the conclusion he woke up, broke free of his restraining device, and was inevitably lured into the cargo hold after massacring the crew.

The only piece of evidence that hurts this conclusion is the arm stuck to the wheel in the cabin. At first, I thought we just didn't see the entire cabin and couldn't see where the rex had broken through, but during the last few moments of that sequence when Sarah is gearing up to tranq the rex, we see the entire cabin and there is no damage to it whatsoever—at least none that would require an adult T. rex to cause. I chalk that up to an oversight, though, because the rest of the theory holds up too well and the only other theory involving the raptors is not supported by much at all. As far as I recall, raptors were in an early draft, not the final draft, and none of the cast or crew have come forward to suggest raptors were the culprits.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 7:59 pm

Dialogue in film and creator intent (mostly from David Koepp in a few interviews after the movie came out) has always said the male Tyrannosaurus is responsible. Concept art has shown that it was airlifted from it's position on Site B to the Venture (that was out in the ocean). From there the Rex would have been in restraints on the deck of the ship until the workers noticed it entering cardiac arrest and administered to counter for the carfentanil and it broke the restraints and proceeded eating most of the crew. Someone ended up trapping it below deck and then died from their wounds until it was released after the boat collided with the dock. Common complaint is the detached hand on the steering wheel on the bridge. Keep in mind we only see very tight angles of this structure so we don't see enough to see how much of it was damaged. Obviously not enough for the boat to still be considered sea worthy.

One thing I kind of like to note about the bridge of the Venture is that it is almost a similar small space to something like the sun roof of the Explorer tour cars in the first film. The Rex there could fit her jaws in through the sun roof and was more than capable of bending steel to do so. Same thing with a doorway we don't see here. Honestly the only reason it couldn't get Lex or Tim there was the glass separating them from the jaws of the Rex worked as a rudimentary shield.

So the chain of events is that after the Male Rex escapes we see both Ian and Sarah speaking to an InGen worker asking why the animal wasn't tranquilized, the worker explains what happened with the animal entering cardiac arrest and then giving it the counter for that. Ian asks if any other animals were on the boat, the worker replies that there weren't and they brought the infant back on the plane. It's possible the worker was from the ship, but also possible he read from the logs on what the crew on the boat did. We don't know fully though either way on whether he was hiding below deck and privy to what happened or if the crew kept a log of what was going on up until the break out on the deck of the Venture.

So your answer is there. It's only the Rex. If it was Velociraptors there'd be more clear cut evidence and that setup would be there for at the time of a potential third film tease regarding that. While we did get a JP3 eventually after TLW it didn't involve anything regarding more than just a mention of the San Diego Incident. I would also think that with the speed the Venture was approaching the Dock though I don't exactly foresee Raptors wanting to make a quick jump off the boat to swim in waters they obviously didn't know and would be colder than what they were used to around Sorna. Couple that with the fact there's really no way for them to find their way on board to begin with because the Venture wasn't docked on the island.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 21, 2020 8:56 pm

Spielberg: "It was the Rex. The whole thing is supposed to be a King Kong homage."

Every known script: "It was the Rex."

David Koepp: "It was the Rex."

Characters in the film: "The Rex was the only dinosaur on board."

Fans: "Clearly, this was the work of ghost Raptors that jumped ship a thousand miles out to sea."

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Megatronus Rex
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Megatronus Rex

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 06, 2020 9:42 pm

TyrannosaurTJ wrote:
Dialogue in film and creator intent (mostly from David Koepp in a few interviews after the movie came out) has always said the male Tyrannosaurus is responsible. Concept art has shown that it was airlifted from it's position on Site B to the Venture (that was out in the ocean). From there the Rex would have been in restraints on the deck of the ship until the workers noticed it entering cardiac arrest and administered to counter for the carfentanil and it broke the restraints and proceeded eating most of the crew. Someone ended up trapping it below deck and then died from their wounds until it was released after the boat collided with the dock. Common complaint is the detached hand on the steering wheel on the bridge. Keep in mind we only see very tight angles of this structure so we don't see enough to see how much of it was damaged. Obviously not enough for the boat to still be considered sea worthy.

One thing I kind of like to note about the bridge of the Venture is that it is almost a similar small space to something like the sun roof of the Explorer tour cars in the first film. The Rex there could fit her jaws in through the sun roof and was more than capable of bending steel to do so. Same thing with a doorway we don't see here. Honestly the only reason it couldn't get Lex or Tim there was the glass separating them from the jaws of the Rex worked as a rudimentary shield.

So the chain of events is that after the Male Rex escapes we see both Ian and Sarah speaking to an InGen worker asking why the animal wasn't tranquilized, the worker explains what happened with the animal entering cardiac arrest and then giving it the counter for that. Ian asks if any other animals were on the boat, the worker replies that there weren't and they brought the infant back on the plane. It's possible the worker was from the ship, but also possible he read from the logs on what the crew on the boat did. We don't know fully though either way on whether he was hiding below deck and privy to what happened or if the crew kept a log of what was going on up until the break out on the deck of the Venture.

So your answer is there. It's only the Rex. If it was Velociraptors there'd be more clear cut evidence and that setup would be there for at the time of a potential third film tease regarding that. While we did get a JP3 eventually after TLW it didn't involve anything regarding more than just a mention of the San Diego Incident. I would also think that with the speed the Venture was approaching the Dock though I don't exactly foresee Raptors wanting to make a quick jump off the boat to swim in waters they obviously didn't know and would be colder than what they were used to around Sorna. Couple that with the fact there's really no way for them to find their way on board to begin with because the Venture wasn't docked on the island.
We do see the entirety of the bridge, though. When Ian and Sarah are preparing to trap the male back in the cargo bay, the camera pans around behind the bridge, giving us all the angles we weren't able to see before. There's no damage, even from the male just pushing his mouth in enough to grab the guy and maybe breaking the doorway a bit. It's pristine.

Not that I'm disagreeing. It's obviously the male that wrecked the ship. But I think production missed this detail.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuEb77i1zKVDNUSAyk_pZ-A
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture?   T-Rex or Raptors? What killed the crew of SS Venture? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1