Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

"I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"

Go down 
+14
Levine
Mr. Robustus
Amadieus
Spinosaur4.4
Dilophosaurus
owenpratt
TheDreamMaster
V.a.nublarensis
TheRexMan22
Dv-218
CT-1138
Troyal1
Tyrant Lizard
Lost
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Baryonyx
Embryo
Embryo
Baryonyx

"I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 9:38 am

owenpratt wrote:
If I managed to have a relationship with a pack of raptors I would be proud of myself as well. Most people in this thread probably would not (suuure) lol

Well there was the fact that Owen's pets killed a lot of people that night he was riding a motorcycle with them in the jungle. Nearly his girlfriend and her two nephews too. Some would call that experiment a colossal failure.

If I trained a pit bull, and he got off his leash one day and fatally mauled someone to death, I don't know how proud I'd be of my relationship with him.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 9:55 am

Baryonyx wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
If I managed to have a relationship with a pack of raptors I would be proud of myself as well. Most people in this thread probably would not (suuure) lol

Well there was the fact that Owen's pets killed a lot of people that night he was riding a motorcycle with them in the jungle. Nearly his girlfriend and her two nephews too. Some would call that experiment a colossal failure.

If I trained a pit bull, and he got off his leash one day and fatally mauled someone to death, I don't know how proud I'd be of my relationship with him.

Owen was forced to do that by Hoskins though. Owen knows full-well how dangerous they are.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 10:55 am

I don't hate Owen. I just wish he got a painful death à la Zara or Mills in the opening scene of the third movie, and we got a paleontologist character replacing him for the rest of the movie.

... oh, that's hate? Never mind, then.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:29 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
I don't hate Owen. I just wish he got a painful death à la Zara or Mills in the opening scene of the third movie, and we got a paleontologist character replacing him for the rest of the movie.

lol what? did someone named owen kill your dog or something? On that note I would love to see grant return
Back to top Go down
Dv-218
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Dv-218

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Can we just rename this thread to "everyone hates Owen" already? Very Happy
Imo this Owen>>>>>>Nick Van Owen lol.
(I agree that seeing Grant or Ellie return would be cool).
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 5:34 pm

Baryonyx wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Owen was forced to do it by Hoskins. He didn't want to, he even punched him.

Besides, those raptors in the end saved him and Claire and kids.

Anyway, while I say many of us would be proud or arrogant even, I'm not saying it's the most mature thing to do. Owen is not 100% mature until the prison scene, in which he admits his faults. By adopting Maisie also, he will need to be more mature.

Btw, again, that line was just comedic.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:06 pm

Lost wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Their relationship in this film is one of the only things critics praise.

This to me just confirms yet again that professional critics are completely worthless.
I've had movie critiques published in newspapers. Does that make my opinion worthless to you? Rolling Eyes

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 8:24 pm

What the hell is with everyone's hateboner for Owen?
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 02, 2018 11:39 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

lol what? did someone named owen kill your dog or something? On that note I would love to see grant return

No, but a guy named Owen is helping kill my enjoyment of one of my favorite franchises

I dislike Owen. I hate that this new batch of Jurassic Park movies have "generic action hero man who makes unfunny quips" as one of its leads, and I hate that he's basically a superhero who can do no wrong, loves to talk down to everyone, has no backstory and no character development. I also think that his relationship with Blue has run dry midway through Fallen Kingdom.

I also think Chris Pratt's recent gimmick of being "generic redneck Han Solo" is really cringy. I only like him when he's playing the "lovable naive goofball", like in Parks & Recreation and The Lego Movie.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 4:04 am

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

No, but a guy named Owen is helping kill my enjoyment of one of my favorite franchises

I dislike Owen. I hate that this new batch of Jurassic Park movies have "generic action hero man who makes unfunny quips" as one of its leads, and I hate that he's basically a superhero who can do no wrong, loves to talk down to everyone, has no backstory and no character development. I also think that his relationship with Blue has run dry midway through Fallen Kingdom.

I also think Chris Pratt's recent gimmick of being "generic redneck Han Solo" is really cringy. I only like him when he's playing the "lovable naive goofball", like in Parks & Recreation and The Lego Movie.

This. So tired of his arrogant smirk. Grant and Malcolm were likable and interesting characters.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:01 pm

Levine wrote:
What the hell is with everyone's hateboner for Owen?

Agreed. I think Owen is fine. We know he’s from the Navy, so he’s going to have some military skills like using weapons. He was hired by Marani for the Raptor project. He imprinted on them. JWFK shows his early work with them and made it a serious project on Raptor behavior. I mean other than that he’s a pretty average guy.

I will say I think the humor is a bit over done, but that goes for a lot of films. I see no reason The Last Jedi needed a quip every so often either. It’s the nature of film making these days, a lot of these blockbusters just are too afraid to be too dark. They think the audience needs some pep every so often, and with something like Avengers, it works, JW, not as much. I also think people keep expecting these science types for these films, but the characters in JP were chosen for very specific reasons. Owen meanwhile is there for his reasons, but except Wu and his scientists, we aren’t following paleontologists anymore. Claire was who she is because she is running a theme park. Besides the study of a version of these animals, a person like Dr. Grant is not needed here because he is interested in the original creature.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Viperman
Embryo
Embryo
Viperman

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 8:09 pm

I don't hate Owen but I agree he's kind of bland. Ironically, I feel like he would at least be more entertaining if he were more comedic and charismatic like the kind of roles Chris Pratt usually plays.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 03, 2018 9:39 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Mr. Robustus wrote:

oof, the hateboner is strong with this one. He has as much backstory as nearly every character in this series. His character development is pretty weak I'll give you that, but this series seems to be more about exploring themes as opposed to deep characters. Everything else is just a taste thing I guess, Just glad that we didn't get an alan grant clone instead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"   "I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors" - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

"I rode a motorcycle through the jungle with raptors"
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3