Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)

Go down 
+40
Levine
Lost
Bbrink1996
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Raptor_Guard999
Herrerasaurus
doyouthinkhesaurus
Physalisfresser
Dead2009
1morey
Viperman
Tyrant Lizard
TyrantKing4Ever
Océane
Bionic
TyrannosaurTJ
Minmi
IllOrfanato
Dv-218
dance2nite
Spiegel
owenpratt
Robotpo
Sickle_Claw
TheDreamMaster
Troyal1
Fredriksam
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Amadieus
TRK/TrexKing
#TRexSpinorematch
Dr. Wu
Six-Foot Turkey
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis
Spinosaur4.4
Pokesaurus
44 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

How do you rate Fallen Kingdom?
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap19%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 19% [ 21 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap23%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 23% [ 25 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap17%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 17% [ 18 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap8%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 8% [ 9 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap14%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 14% [ 15 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap1%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 1% [ 1 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap0%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_lcap2%What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Vote_rcap
 2% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 108

Back

AuthorMessage
Pokesaurus
Site Founder/Owner
Site Founder/Owner
Pokesaurus

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Empty
PostSubject: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 8:51 pm

This is the OFFICIAL thread for providing your own reviews for Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom. Have your thoughts on the film put together? Post it here! Spoilers are allowed.

The official Jurassic Mainframe review of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (written by yours truly) will be posted on June 22nd, after us Americans can see the film.

"Creation, is an act of sheer will. Next time it'll be flawless"~ John Hammond, Founder/CEO of InGen
"Don't forget, a believing heart is your magic!"~ Shiny Chariot
Check out our Discord for the most up to date and active discussion!
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicmainframe.com
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 9:25 pm

YASSSS!

BEWARE HUGE REVIEW WALL BELLOW

Sorry guys.  Razz

Overall I give it an 8/10.

So, Spino4.4 review for anyone who wants to read. Feel free to disagree in anything. That's just my opinion/take on the movie. Razz

I watched the movie only once, I need to watch it again and again to catch more details, but my score will only get up or stay at 8 to be honest.

The movie's intro was amazing, 10/10, it felt trully like a Jurassic Park movie and the cinematography reminded me of JP. Too bad we only get to hear Dilophosaurus hoots but no actual scene or reveal of them. If dilos don't appear in JW3, I'll riot. Chainsaw Killer

UNIVERSAL, ARE YOU READING THIS? YOU BETTER PUT DILOPHOSAURUS ON JW3!

The first little intro with the TV news and Malcolm's cameo were great to set the tone of the movie. Loved Claire's intro scene, props to Bayona for making fun of the "but what about the heels" stuff. Franklin and Zia's intro were okay for me too.

People said the pace of the movie was fast but IMO the pace was slow compared to JW, and I LOVED IT. We spent 20 minutes on the mainland. I loved Claire going to Lockwood's manor, meeting Elli Mills and that adorable monologue from Benjamin Lockwood sent me nostalgic. I really liked that Bayona set all the story before we got back to Nublar again.

Loved the scenes on Nublar,  I really got surprised with Bayona's mixed shots from Nublar to the manor, what was happening in both places at the same time, THAT WAS AMAZING. I wasn't expecting that, loved the pause we got from Nublar to see Lockwood and Maisie's relationship, it was a good spent screentime IMO.

I liked every dino action we got, specially Baryonyx. I LOVED to see that thing and the lava polemic about Baryonyx not suffering anything is explained on the movie, actually Baryonyx get's hurt from it and reacts.

Carnotaurus is amazing too. Sino get's a badass moment fighting Carnotaurus, it was so awesome. Also the scene where it licks Owen too lol

I've read a lot of complains of reviews saying Claire was useless but she had like 2 scenes where she literally saved everyone's asses on Nublar.

That scene with Brachiosaurus in the dock as the boat leaves Nublar was a low blow by Bayona. I legit cried there. It was very emotional and symbolic. The first dinosaur on Nublar we saw was Brachiosaurus, and the last too.

The scene with Rexy when Owen and Claire need to get her blood is awesome and IMO sets Owen and Claire's chemistry very well.

The manor scenes were awesome, from the quiet dialogues to Indoraptor's rampage. Too bad the rampage is short compared to Indominus, but Indoraptor proved to be even more scarier than Indominus. I loved absolutely EVERYTHING about Indoraptor, and every scene it was in.  Indoraptor is really a badass, that scene where it just climbs the rooftop with just it's hands is AMAZING. The Stiggy scene too was funny as hell, finally an herbivore with important role.

Maisie is literally the Nick Van Owen version kid LMAO Just kidding, I loved her, but I still see the damage her action of pressing the button and letting the dinosaurs out will cause. Loved the little nod at Lex in JP  with Maisie trying to close the door and Indoraptor just coming.

I still don't like Owen and Blue's relationship, neither Blue. Feels forced and I think I'll never like it. But I could finally understand a little more of their relationship and I absolutely LOVED to see Owen's logs of baby Blue. It added more to WHY Blue's so unique and special.

The soundtrack is amazing, felt very different but I really liked it. Indoraptor's theme and the one we hear when they arrive at Jurassic World's ruins are amazing! Congrats Giancchino.

The plot twist was amazing. Yes, it's polemic but if you read the novels you'll see that Crichton already introduced that concept as a possibility, and to be fair, it was only a matter of time. They were alredy clonning dinosaurs, what's stopping them to clone humans? Specially when you have someone leading the genetics field who doesn't care about ethics or moral on science.

Anyway, now about the characters:

Claire Dearing: LOVED HER. I already liked her in JW and now she's growing even more as one of my favorite characters of JP franchise. She really is another person (well, at least she got a development compared to other characters), cares about the dinosaurs, the cause, wants to do something in respect and not just sit around. She takes her responsability over JW, I guess. People say she's useless, actually, she's pretty usefull and saves everyone's asses plenty of times.

Owen Grady: Errrr. He's still the same. No development (too bad, because I would have really liked to see him grow as a character, but since he's played by Chris Pratt, people think this is not needed), still flat, awesomebro military hero with some funny lines. Meh. That's not enough for me to like him. I still think he's pretty futile for a protagonist, flat and all that shit. Get's mad because a dude shot his pet project while that same pet project was about to kill people. Hell, if a velociraptor was on me, I would shoot it too. Or when he releases a dinosaur to kill people, you might argue they were evil, well, not everyone there was evil, just because they were buying dinosaurs to be their personal pets or exotic animals doesn't mean they are evil, people buy dogs and all that shit and nobody thinks they are evil, but okay, I agree it's just me nitpicking on this one. I loved when Mills calls him out on his hipocrisy. Mills might be a piece of shit, but in that scene, I fully agreed on him. I liked that he was very protective of Maisie and even was like a parent figure to her. That was cool.

Benjamin Lockwood: LOVED him. Wish I could get more stuff about him and Hammond. They could very well write or make a movie, anything, about the start of InGen, Hammond and Lockwood's partnership. I like how Lockwood didn't held grudges about Hammond. And lmao very hypocrital of Hammond to call Lockwood "unholy" while wanting to clone dinosaurs. Btw clonning dinosaurs and human beings is such a thin line. Just one step. Loved his interaction with Maisie. He really cared about her, the dinosaurs, and when he discovers Mills betrayal, oh that was awesome too. He deserved more screentime.

Maisie Lockwood: THE FIRST KID I absolutely love aside from Tim & Lex and Kelly. But she might be my favorite kid from all JP series. Yeah, Bayona made me love a kid character, that's almost a miracle. I'm very nitpicky with any kid character I see and when I learned a kid was going to be in JW FK I went nuts. I'm so glad Maisie was nowhere close to be that useless, annoying kid who only screams in every scene. Loved how badass she was, I mean, she just climbed up the manor lol and people complain about Kelly kicking a raptor using gymnastics. Also she was very inteligent and usefull. The scene where Owen and Claire finds her was so cute, I really felt for Maisie when she said Lockwood was gone. So yeah, I loved Maisie's character. She really steals the show.

Zia Rodriguez: Loved her also. Loved her attitude and way of dealing with things. And oh, can we talk about that scene where she's just there dissing Wu like "Yeaaaah but I just mixed up Blue and Rexy's blood so your plan is fucked, but anyway" or how about "Sure, go ahead", that scene was awesome and that line in particular made me laugh a lot.

Franklin Webb: EEEEEER. WHY? Okay, not that I hated his character. But he's so unecessary in most of the movie IMO. And his comic relief doesn't work in all scenes. 99% of his lines were horrible. He just felt really off for me. The only usefull thing he did was knock Wu out (and I'm glad for that). Period.

Ken Wheatley: He's okay for me. Everyone complained he's one dimensional and bla bla bla but I feel his role was exactly that. He's an asshole and get's what he deserved (his death is awesome). I liked that he had an obsession with collection teeth from dinosaurs. Very creepy.

Gunnar Eversoll: I hated him from start. From the very start. Hated everything in him and glad he got killed.

Elli Mills: Oh well. I loved him as a villain. Don't get me wrong, he's an asshole, cold piece of shit. But he fits the role perfectly. He's now officially my favorite villain from JP series. He's cold but can also be very charismatic, specially when he's putting up his pretend to be nice role. I loved how from start he showed his dark side by screaming at Maisie, and then screaming at Wu too and acting like a total asshole who only wanted money and didn't see that things weren't as easy as it appeared to be. And then the final strike with   him killing Lockwood. That's something new. We never saw any JP villain directly kill people. Yet Mills does it without any problem. 1 minute after he's there preparing to sell the dinosaurs. One particular scene where he just calls out Owen and Claire for their past doings is awesome too.  And then he just throws the bomb plot twist: Maisie is a clone. While I loved this particular twist, I felt it should be Wu the one to reveal it, first because he's the one who most understands science and second because of course it was him the person to clone Maisie. Anyway.

BEWARE HUGE WALL OF WORDS. Sorry I just have a lot to write about.

Henry Wu: Allright, I left him out because as always, he's still my favorite and I loved every second he was in this movie. I don't know if other people felt that way but IMO he got even more interesting and felt more "human" than in JW. I don't know if it was Bayona's direction that made me get that impression, but the acting is way better and Wu appears to be more "natural" in the scenes he appears in. The only real complain I have for it is that he get's so little screentime, so little most of people will even forget he's in the movie. I think his screentime is on pair with JW and that infuriates me. One of my demands in this movie was exactly that. I wish he got at least double his screentime in JW. Colin is really wasting one interesting character that is they KEY to this triology and that makes me mad. I won't keep in details to why I think Henry Wu is interesting as a character and how important he is because all you guys already know it and I don't want to come across as annoying. But anyway, the very few minutes he's in, he's awesome. Before I watched JW FK I had in mind Wu was that scientist who really is passionate about what he does and wants to push science foward and perfect everything he does, be the best and always innovate, now that I watched FK I'm 100% sure with it. That's what I got from his dialogues. And the fact that he's just there behind the screens and not taking participation of the action (plus his little screentime) will sure led the audience and non JP fans to think he's just a mad scientist. But I get so much more from him, and that's WHY I think he needs to be flawed out. He really is a scientist, he's all about science and pushing it's bondaries, and the fact that he refuses to stop until what he's creating is perfect is something I really relate with him. He's a perfectionist. I loved that he tried to stop Indoraptor from being sold, because HE KNEW it wasn't ready, it wasn't even controlabe and it would just wreck things up. Plus, he's a perfectionist so of course he needed to fix some stuff before. And yet Mills and Eversoll were like "WE ARE SELLING IT LOOK ALL THIS MONEY ENTERING OUR WALLETS". No really, Wu was the only one there with a brain. I love that he get's furious at it (and wow, he's very controled because I would end that auction myself). Loved his scene with Mills. He tries to explain, get his point across (in scientific tems, but still) and Mills just diminishes him and treats him like crap. "Do you ever understand the complexity of creating a living form?" I feel like Wu is so fed up to be told things and nobody listen and see what his work is really about and value it. I would be furious. I hope in JW3 he does things his own way.  That if Colin listen and finally gives him the screentime he deserves. And to finish my huge boring WALL, loved his interaction with Zia haha. He's there all arrogant trying to get his point across and how he "designed Blue" so of course he knows more than Zia and she's just like "Yeaaah but I mixed Blue's blood with Rexy so it's not going to work". LMAO And how Blue made him lose his manners in seconds. No really, I loved that he got scared from Blue. He knows. That's why he doesn't get close.
Oh and he escapes too. TAKE THAT HATERS lmao

Okay did I just write a huge text about a character that appeared 5 minutes?  Laughing

Ian Malcolm: Meh, his cameo didn't add anything to the story, except his lines that were predictable, because you know, he's all about chaos. But I enjoyed his presence like all JP fans will too.  Very Happy

Anyway, sorry for my HUGE WALL POST, I just needed to get all my opinions on before I forget anything haha

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) LYHX0zA

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:55 pm; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 10:17 pm

Okay, so...I enjoyed Fallen Kingdom quite a bit. It's right now my third favorite of the franchise, after JP and TLW, which I love equally and nothing can touch. I felt it was a huge improvement over JW in every way, which I felt was best highly mediocre - but I enjoyed as another 2 hours in the Jurassic universe.

The thing is, I think JP, and yes, the much maligned TLW are genuinely great movies, while JP3 and JW are not. FK, I felt, was a pretty damn good movie, for the first time since TLW.

I have to credit Trevorrow and Connolly for writing a much improved script this time around, but also credit Bayone who a I felt was a much stronger director than Trevorrow and injected more style, atmosphere and showmanship/theatricality into the film via cinematography, lighting, and production design. Well done sir.

I felt Owen and Claire were boarder-line annoying in JW, but felt they greatly improved here, both in their writing and performance. I liked all the characters, which is good, as this was the most human-centric JP film...which I liked. It was time to do something different and more character-driven five movies in. Franklin and Zia were great, as was Maise, who gave a surprisingly strong performance for her first movie. Mills and Wheatley were the darkest and more diabolical antagonists we've had in the series so far - true sociopaths. They made Ludlow and Dieter look comparatively normal. Lockwood, Eversoll, Wu and Iris were also well done, for the little that we got of them (though I still liked the well-meaning but irresponsible Wu from the first movie and novel). Malcolm was in it so little he barely made an impact, but if he have to have fan service, this is the kind of fan service I like (as opposed to say...ehhhh....random Darth Maul with robo-legs).

I felt that the dinosaurs had more personality (especially the indoraptor and Stiggy) this time around, and also felt that more interesting things were done with them than in JW. Stiggy and the Sinoceratops were probably my favorites. I enjoyed the dino-surgery scene, a first for the franchise, and also liked rooting for the dinosaurs for once as the people were the true villains of this film.

That brings me to what I thought worked best about FK: it's not just about man VS nature or man VS beast - it's man VS man. The film explores the dark side of human nature much more so than the other films - particularly greed and cruelty - and this added a whole new layer of conflict to the proceedings.

I also liked the way the film opened up and changed the JP universe forever - including the Maise "twist" which I felt was well done and made perfect sense given the science in the franchise. JW3 is going to be insane. The mansion also made for fresh and very different setting from the previous films.

Sure, there were some plot holes (HOW in the world did Wheatley's men get the Rex anyway...and why would they build the lagoon with a giant gate to the open sea?!?! WHAT?!)...but overall, I felt liked it was a truly well done, kind-of insane romp in the JP universe. Can't wait to see it again. Thanks Bayona and company.

8/10 from me. Wasn't expecting to like it as much as I did.

Last edited by Robotpo on Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2018 11:28 pm

JWFK is a visually flawless, surprisingly emotional thrill ride from start to end with fascinating ideas that could do with less plot convenience. I'd give it 8/10.

There are several flaws that prevented me from giving it a perfect 10. First of all, the pacing was too fast for my liking. It's good in the sense that it keeps you at the edge of your seat constantly, but it's pretty dizzying when there's no room to breathe at all. Next, there are several plot contrivances such as how the Mosasaurus escapes, how the Indoraptor escapes, and some deaths like Mills and Eversol. It's unfortunate because almost all of these were executed amazingly on-screen.

Then there's some of the characters. I don't like Wheatley as a villain. He's over-the-top like Hoskins was and is even less memorable compared to him. Franklin was pretty annoying as well. Owen is more likable than he was in JW, but still seems bland. I do like how his relationship with Blue is portrayed here.

Now we get to the good characters. Claire is a great protagonist and you can empathize with her actions throughout the movie. It's honestly a crime that BDH's name isn't in front of Pratt's name in the credits. Mills is easily the best human antagonist in the JP film series (which isn't saying much). Rafe Spall did a great job portraying a greedy bastard pretending to be a nice guy. I like that he has a clearly laid-out plan that makes perfect sense, and how he calls out Claire and Owen on their past involvement in JW, leading up to this film. Zia has an interesting role and personality.

Wu's motives and goals are explored a bit more in this movie, and you can tell that he's not happy with the circumstances he's in. Even though he's technically an antagonist, I can't help but feel kind of bad for him. I hope he gets a central role in JW3 and is portrayed as a more morally ambiguous character. Benjamin Lockwood is a great character who has a nice chemistry with everyone he interacts with that unfortunately doesn't have enough screentime dedicated to him. Maisie is one of my favorite JP kid characters (along with Tim and Gray). The twist about her being a clone was so well-done and she reacted realistically as well, which leads to one of the best moments in the movie where she's the one to release the dinosaurs into the wild.

The cinematography, atmosphere, and directing are breathtaking. This easily feels more like a JP movie compared to JW. Bayona is clearly a more experienced director compared to Trevorrow. There are many clever shots that kept me glued to the screen. Most of the dialogue is fine, except for Franklin and Wheatley's lines.

In terms of characters, the dinosaurs themselves are mostly portrayed as interesting ones. In particular, Blue, the Indoraptor, and the Stygi stood out among the rest. I love how terrifying the Indoraptor was and how it has a sick sense of humor. The Stygi appears more prominently than I thought it would, and has a rather unique role (killing lots of people in the auction  Laughing ). I like the chemistry between Rexy and the Carnotaurus, but they are portrayed less as animals and more as set-pieces.

The movie's themes hits hard in all the right areas. I honestly don't know how they plan to resolve them in just one remaining film, because FK sets quite a few and expands them as well.

I'd say I love the second half more than the first half, as it has the better pacing and the claustrophobic atmosphere that's kept up for a good 30 minutes is unique to JP.

Last edited by V.a.nublarensis on Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:53 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 12:15 pm

I've seen the movie twice now and as a life-long Jurassic Park fan I absolutely love it!

It has an awesome opening scene that is very atmospheric and has some great T-Rex and Mososaurus action.

Owen and Claire are great in this and I found them to be more likeable than in Jurassic World. I felt like Chris had the chance to show more of his comedic and caring side while still remaining the badass he was in JW. Claire was much more likeable in this movie while still remaining true to her character. And for some reason Bryce looks so much hotter in this than in JW.

I liked Zia and Franklin as well although I feel a little more could have been done with them in the second half.

Maisie was great and I actually liked the clone twist. It feels natural in the Jurassic universe and it makes you feel sorry for her. Seriously, Maisie had a messed up day. First she overhears Mills' conversation with Wu and gets locked in her room, then she finds her grandfather dead, then she finds out that she's a clone, and then she gets stalked by the goddamn Indoraptor for half an hour! I love that Claire and Owen adopted her at the end.

Wu and Malcolm were both great in the few scenes that they were in, both great characters.

I liked Mills, he was interesting and had an awesome death scene.

Lockwood was good but could have done with a few more scenes to flesh him out a little more.

Ken Wheatley was a bit of a stereotype but he also had an awesome death scene!

I liked Eversoll because Toby Jones is awesome although he also felt like kind of a stereotype.

The twenty minute action scene on Nublar with the volcano was flat-out amazing and my heart was beating the whole time. It was wonderfully shot and the dinosaur action was great. And then we get hit with that amazing Brachiosaurus scene which made me tear up both times.

I loved the Indoraptor. I actually felt dread when it was introduced at the auction and it's escape was brilliant, I loved the shot of the people hiding in the elevator that was terrifying. And all the scenes where is stalked Owen, Claire and Maisie were fantastically shot and full of tension. I loved the call-backs to the raptor kitchen scene! The fight with blue was amazing especially the slow motion death on the Trike skull and Blue's triumphant roar.

And then the scene were Claire has to choose whether to release the dinosaurs was very emotional. I was glad that Clair didn't press the button, because if she had done then every death in JW3 would have been because of her, but it made sense when Maisie pressed the button and I love the line "they're alive, like me".

And I loved the stampede scene and Mills' death. Rexy finally got to eat a human for the first time in 25 years and it was glorious! The ending montage with the dinosaurs escaping and Malcolm narrating was also great although why did they show all those scenes in the trailers?

The whole movie is full of great dinosaur action. Blue is great and the videos of Owen training her as a baby made their relationship more emotional and believable. She also gets a few great human kills in this which is always nice. The Stygimoloch was great and I loved the scene where it gets unleashed at the auction. All of Rexy's scenes were also great, and the Indoraptor was amazing.

The score was great. I liked the new music as well as the returning themes from Jurassic Park, TLW and Jurassic World.

Overall I loved the movie and would rank it up there with Jurassic Park and TLW. It has also made me very excited for JW3, not just because of the awesome story potential of dinosaurs escaping on the mainland, but because this movie made me care about Owen, Claire and Maisie and I want to know how their story concludes. I am also curious to see what Wu is up to. I've got my fingers crossed for Grant, Ellie and Malcolm to make appearances. They're like the Luke, Han and Leia of the Jurassic universe and I think it's only right that they make an appearance in what could potentially be the last Jurassic film. Also there better be a god damn Dilophosurus in the next movie which isn't a hologram, statue or hoot.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2018 6:17 pm

I gave it a 9.

Things that prevented a perfect score for me.

- The pacing was too fast. The time on the island happened too quickly (although the time on the island was extremely well-done and felt very much like Jurassic Park)
- Some plot points were glossed over a little quickly (especially the twist)
- The villains lacked proper depth and were a little too villainous. Even Hoskins wasn't this evil.
- Wu was barely in it.
- The Indoraptor showdown didn't last long enough.

The positives
- The directing in this movie was incredible. the set-pieces were planned so well it's clear.
- The Cinematography was incredible. Lighting was used many times to enhance the scene. Shadows were used many times to create the sense of danger.
- Claire made a very good character choice and showed growth.
- Owen and Blue's emotional connection was done very well leading to the next positive...
- The editing was superb in this film. I noticed two moments that effectively used parallel editing to enhance the emotion and one of those moments was with Blue and Owen. They used the footage of Owen and Blue when she was a baby and had it cut side by side with Blue's operation. This made the scene more intense because the more you saw the bond between her and Owen, the more you wanted Zia to save her. By the time she did save her, it was a relief.
- The Brachiosaurus scene. This was unbelievably beautiful and heartbreaking.
- The music.
- The twist was not expected for me, but I loved it. Really intruiging stuff and opens many more possibilities for future sequels.
- The ending. It opens up many possibilities yet again and further broadens the story.

Honestly, I loved this movie. It was so much better than Jurassic World on a technical and even a narrative level. It felt more like a Jurassic Park movie and it was extremely entertaining from start to finish.

I will say this though, Blue should've died in this movie. I hate to say it because I love BLue, she's one of my favourite aspects of Jurassic World. But I really do think her death would've further enhanced the movie in an emotional aspect. It would've concluded a nice little story between her and Owen and I really just have no idea what they will do with her in the next one. But she made a really cool ending shot!
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 7:55 am

How much screen time does Wu have? Does he has cut scenes? Shorter than JW?
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 8:58 am

Dr. Wu wrote:

About the same as JW, maybe a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:31 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

About the same as JW, maybe a bit more.

Tried to count it and tbh I think he has only 1 minute more than JW. Yes, I tried to count the minutes he's in too. Laughing

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:33 pm

He must have a bigger role in jw3 surely
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:36 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
He must have a bigger role in jw3 surely

I just hope so, I'm afraid what Colin will do to be honest. I was so sure he was going to have like...Double the screentime in JW FK and look what we got. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2018 10:37 pm

Well if jw3 is the last Jurassic Park movie, he’s got to at least have a bigger role than in the previous follms
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 4:52 am

Yeah he must have a significant role in the third movie or they would have just had the Indoraptor kill him. Would be cool if he was the main antagonist.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:24 am

I like how wu isn’t just corrupted by money lik the others were. Even he knew selling the indoraptor was crazy. There’s a line of dialogue where mills says “this creature is worth 28 million right now. Relax, we’ll make more” then wu replies “so will they” is he suggesting that they might figure out how to reverse engineer the dinos to make their own indoraptors etc?
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:56 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
I like how wu isn’t just corrupted by money lik the others were. Even he knew selling the indoraptor was crazy. There’s a line of dialogue where mills says “this creature is worth 28 million right now. Relax, we’ll make more” then wu replies “so will they” is he suggesting that they might figure out how to reverse engineer the dinos to make their own indoraptors etc?

Yeah Wu was great. I also loved how arrogant he was like "of course her blood is pure, I created this animal myself."

I've just had a thought about how he could factor into JW3. Maybe Maisie starts getting ill because she is a clone and Owen and Claire have to track down Wu so that he can cure her. Meanwhile Wu will be creating more dinosaurs and maybe he has captured Blue again.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 7:59 am

That actually sounds like a good idea! Gives a reason for Claire and owen to be in the next one
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 3:26 pm

Dilophosaurus wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

Yeah Wu was great. I also loved how arrogant he was like "of course her blood is pure, I created this animal myself."

I've just had a thought about how he could factor into JW3. Maybe Maisie starts getting ill because she is a clone and Owen and Claire have to track down Wu so that he can cure her. Meanwhile Wu will be creating more dinosaurs and maybe he has captured Blue again.

OMG you guys are awesome. Before JW FK even released, since JW, I kept defending that Wu wasn't just a money hungry corrupted bastard like the others and some people even laughed at me saying I would be proved wrong, JW FK just came in to confirm what I got from his character since the beginning. He's a scientist and truly cares about what he's doing, problem is that he's too much into it to see damage it's causing. He's in for the science.

I loved that scene so much, Dilophosaurus. Loved the interaction between Wu and Zia. The "sure, go ahead" line from Zia will get me everytime. It's so funny to me. Laughing Also Wu walking towards her all arrogant and confident only to Blue scare him away made me crack up too. Laughing It shows how he's very disconected from the creatures he creates.
That line "I designed this animal myself" was awesome, it's so Wu-like even in JP when Malcolm asks about the dinosaurs breeding without control and Wu is like "pssst they are all female, nothing will happen". The way Wu tells Zia that he made Blue looking all arrogant is awesome. He's like "psst who's this girl thinking she knows more than me about my own creations?".

Wu: "It's pure, I made it myself pssst"

Zia: "Yeaaaah but your plan won't work since I mixed up her blood with the T.rex. Have a good day."

Wu: "YOU WHAT?"

I also noticed something that I hope it was intentional. Zia is an animal rights advocate, in her DPG posts she writes a lot about the ethical and moral misconduct by a lot of people and corporations, Colin could very well write that scene and make Zia confront Wu about his morals and anti-ethic doings but instead Zia goes straight up to the science and confronts him using her knowledge as paleo-veterinarian too. That was awesome, to have someone with real knowledge debate with Wu. I just wish Franklin delayed more because I wanted to see that conversation end.

Anyway, your idea is awesome, Sickle also sugested Wu made a failsafe on Maisie's genetic code and she could get ill too.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2018 11:57 pm

Here are my thoughts...

First the good:

-The movie has plenty of suspense, thrills and tense moments, wich is a major improvement over Jurassic World where I felt almost no tension, suspense or thrills. This one has a very horror movie feel, wich is nice.

-The 2 or 3 nods and references to things that happened in The Lost World are a huge triumph for us TLW fans because at least we know Universal is not trying to avoid the events of TLW as much as we thought.

-The Rexy VS Lion thing is a very interesting concept that should have been explored more

Now the bad;

-The biggest dissapointment of the movie for me (believe it or not) was Rexy once again playing the hero that saves the main characters from antagonists. Seriously this is like the fifth time the series has done that and it happened twice this film!!. And that comes from me, a huge T Rex fan. I saw that and I got mad because at this point it feels so repetitive and cliche that its like you are mad but at the same time it also borders on comedy. Seriously that made me more angry than I expected.

-On that same note, Rexy and Blue once again on a heroic role and the whole another badder hybrid felt like the producers sat on a table and went; "What did people like about Jurassic World?" - "The hybrid and Rexy and Blue as heroes" - "Great, let's do that again!". Waaay too similar to Jurassic World. So I kinda agree with what film critics are saying about it being repetitive.

-The rest of the film is ok but I have almost no interest in watching it again.

So...

JP and TLW are still by far the best films in the franchise.

Last edited by #TRexSpinorematch on Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:21 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 3:28 am

Was Rexy the saviour? Id argue no. Blue was the saviour. Rexy did not really save anyone. If anything she was a background character.

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 3:40 am

TRK wrote:
Was Rexy the saviour? Id argue no. Blue was the saviour. Rexy did not really save anyone. If anything she was a background character.

I think that he's referring to the Carnotaurus scene where they played heroic music after Rexy saved them.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 8:18 am

Yeah, Rexy does come out of nowhere to "save" the heroes from the Carno.... And at the end of the movie, maybe she did not directly save anyone but still, the whole T Rex appears all of the sudden to try to kill the antagonist has been done five times in the series (twice in this film). Im sorry but that took me out of the movie.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 8:46 am

TRK wrote:

The only thing stopping Rexy from going after Owen was the explosion.
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 8:48 am

#TRexSpinorematch wrote:
Yeah, Rexy does come out of nowhere to "save" the heroes from the Carno.... And at the end of the movie, maybe she did not directly save anyone but still, the whole T Rex appears all of the sudden to try to kill the  antagonist has been done five times in the series (twice in this film). Im sorry but that took me out of the movie.

I will agree on the T-Rex appearing out of nowhere. How does nobody hear her coming? That's 3 times now that she has somehow sneaked to our main characters. Especially the ending of both JP and Fallen Kingdom.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2018 11:06 am

TRK wrote:

Yeah. TBH I don't like Blue as a hero or "good" raptor but I know I'll have to get over it since it's what they are pushing. I miss feral raptors.

Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 8:46 am

After letting it sink in for a while I have a good idea what I liked about the movie and what not.

The good:

Amazing scenery and set pieces.
Exciting scenes, great action, suspenseful
Good written dialogue, some dialogue was quite cringey in JW in my opinion. I did not have this with JWFK

The bad:

Subpar soundtrack, a lot was re-used from JW which was disappointing. I did like the remix of the JW theme song when they entered the ruins though.
The island scenes went too fast, before we know it they already left it. In my opinion they could have stayed there for a day, some night action in the jungle.

I give it a  8.5. It does everything one could ask for a summer blockbuster. Most of all it brings the Jurassic story further and I already cant wait for the conclusion with JW3.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 1:46 pm

Amadieus wrote:
After letting it sink in for a while I have a good idea what I liked about the movie and what not.

The good:

Good written dialogue, some dialogue was quite cringey in JW in my opinion. I did not have this with JWFK

The bad:

Subpar soundtrack, a lot was re-used from JW which was disappointing. I did like the remix of the JW theme song when they entered the ruins though.
The island scenes went too fast, before we know it they already left it. In my opinion they could have stayed there for a day, some night action in the jungle.

I give it a  8.5. It does everything one could ask for a summer blockbuster. Most of all it brings the Jurassic story further and I already cant wait for the conclusion with JW3.

About the score, in my case I appreciated it A LOT more the second time around, and also due to the iTunes score previews, which sound awesome. It's just a very different score than we're used to in the Jurassic series, but it works so well in the darker atmosphere of the film.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Amadieus
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 2:48 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Amadieus wrote:

The good:

The bad:

About the score, in my case I appreciated it A LOT more the second time around, and also due to the iTunes score previews, which sound awesome. It's just a very different score than we're used to in the Jurassic series, but it works so well in the darker atmosphere of the film.

I liked the JW soundtrack a lot, so it being re-used in JWFK is not a crime. But when I watched the movie it just felt a bit lazy to re-use so many soundtracks. I have to admit that I do not have Itunes so I can't listen to the previews. Perhaps I will appreciate it more when I can finally listen it on Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Dilophosaurus
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
Dilophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 4:21 pm

The poll is actually looking very positive. 25 votes so far, the lowest rating is 5 but most seem to be in the 8-10 range. We can assume that everyone on this site is a big JP fan so maybe this movie will be highly rated among fans but mixed with critics?

I've also been reading a lot of comments on FK YouTube videos and most of the comments from people that have seen the film seem to be positive, although again I assume that they are a JP fan if they are watching the video.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 5:35 pm

IMO it's by far the best of the non-Spielberg directed Jurassics. Why it's getting such mixed reviews from critics in utterly bewildering to me. There are a lot of unpleasant remarks on IMDB as well.

I'm sorry, FK is not a bad dinosaur movie...in fact, compared to many of them, it's the Casablanca of dinosaur movies.

Have they seen Planet of Dinosaurs? Gorgo?

Or JP3 for that matter?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2018 5:42 pm

Since I first saw the trailers, I've been wanting to review Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and share it online, not exclusively here but on my blog and other websites. But truth be told, the mixed reaction and often excessively negative ones do make me not want to review it. Its stifling, and when you're being mocked, belittled or condescended for sharing your opinion it takes the fun out of it.

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)   What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What did YOU think of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom? (Spoilers included)
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next