Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0

Go down 
+39
SpenzerJ
Pachyrhinosaurus
mosasaurus
FayhdrianColonist
The Malone Society
IllOrfanato
Dead2009
brunofernando
rommegrot
Megatronus Rex
The Geeky Zoologist
eagc7
Ewinzilla
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
CT-1138
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
TyrannosaurTJ
Spiegel
Sickle_Claw
CommanderKeller
owenpratt
Robotpo
Trexbreakout
Troyal1
NikoRex
JVM
Dilophosaurus
Dr. Wu
TyrantKing4Ever
dance2nite
V.a.nublarensis
Tyrant Lizard
1morey
Mr. Robustus
Rhedosaurus
Amadieus
Pokesaurus
43 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 8:38 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Regardless of what their roles are, my hope is that they don't feel shoehorned into the next film. That their return is at least somewhat organic, like Goldblum's was in FK. There needs to be a reason for them to be there.

That's the strange thing about this to me. People are always claiming the new films rest too much on nostalgia as it is, but always seem to be begging for the classic characters to come back more, which to me is a much bigger nostalgia cash-in than the other reused plot elements. I'd love to see them again, but there's no organic way to fit Malcolm or Grant into the two newer films without needing to change the story to accommodate them. Both of them were pretty well-established in their return movies as "I would absolutely never go back to those islands unless this exact specific circumstance took place."

Having dinosaurs on the mainland, imo, is the most organic way to bring them back. They can use their unique experience to help others with a renewed sense of urgency. Sending them back to the islands in any capacity would have never worked in sixty-five million years, and I think we all realize TLW and JP3 took some stretches to make it happen in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2018 10:36 pm

One thing that occurs to me. The escaped dinosaurs, while not in and of themselves something that should pose much of a problem in terms of whether they can be rounded up, represent extremely accessible sources of DNA. While a lone T.rex or Carnotaurus might not be able to do much before being captured, who's to say that the government would be the first entity to capture them?

I mean, DNA extraction has always been the main issue for entities such as Biosyn, as the process of extraction has always been public. Now extraction isn't an issue, as there are dinosaurs just walking around. I think it's entirely conceivable that we enter JW3 with a situation where many of the escaped dinosaurs have been rounded up by the government, but some of the others have just disappeared. Captured by other entities for the purposes of harvesting their DNA.

Perhaps that's the main plot point that their escape leads to. Food for thought.

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 9:07 am

^ Interesting thought.
I personally would like if they'll do a scene with the news like in FK, where they're talking about how they've captured most of the dinosaurs in the wild and tracked most of them from their shady buyers and brought them to Sorna. Would be a nice mention, a logical conclusion, to get rid of rexy (in all honesty, why would anybody let a Tyrannosaurus rex three years on the loose in California) and the main plot would occur on the new cloned dinosaurs by other companies. That means: New, younger T.rex (maybe a male one again?), other dinosaur species, Dilopho comeback etc.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 9:41 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
One thing that occurs to me. The escaped dinosaurs, while not in and of themselves something that should pose much of a problem in terms of whether they can be rounded up, represent extremely accessible sources of DNA. While a lone T.rex or Carnotaurus might not be able to do much before being captured, who's to say that the government would be the first entity to capture them?

I mean, DNA extraction has always been the main issue for entities such as Biosyn, as the process of extraction has always been public. Now extraction isn't an issue, as there are dinosaurs just walking around. I think it's entirely conceivable that we enter JW3 with a situation where many of the escaped dinosaurs have been rounded up by the government, but some of the others have just disappeared. Captured by other entities for the purposes of harvesting their DNA.

Perhaps that's the main plot point that their escape leads to. Food for thought.

This would be an intelligent way to solve the yet-to-come eventual plot hole that some may fear to see confirmed in JW3.

I like how this time we really don't expect what to see. For all of the previous movies, we always knew it was going to feature an island (at least for good part of the movie). This time we have no idea where we're going to.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 2:45 pm

"We'll make more"..."So will they". FK set up the idea of reverse-engineering dinosaurs from a living animal's DNA, so they could well use this considerably in the sequel.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 5:47 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

But wouldn't it make more sense for the U.S. Government to wipe them all out instead via the National Guard?

Robotpo wrote:
"We'll make more"..."So will they". FK set up the idea of reverse-engineering dinosaurs from a living animal's DNA, so they could well use this considerably in the sequel.

Except with so much wire-tracking/online spying via the FBI, NSA, and CIA, it's going to be very hard for anybody to get away with cloning dinosaurs in the U.S.A. The only place in the U.S.A. that you might get away with that is Alaska since most of it is vast and, the last time I checked, not properly explored. The same is true with Russia, China, and Europe.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 6:29 pm

Trevorrow has said that JW 3 is a globe-trotting story, so surely they'll find places that aren't overly-monitored to clone the new dinosaurs.

Also, keep in their could be lobbyists or other forces in the government that intentionally obscure the law enforcement or observation around illegal cloning.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 6:51 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Trevorrow has said that JW 3 is a globe-trotting story, so surely they'll find places that aren't overly-monitored to clone the new dinosaurs.

Also, keep in their could be lobbyists or other forces in the government that intentionally obscure the law enforcement or observation around illegal cloning.

That might work for a place like Africa or South America, where national governments in both countries are notoriously corrupt. That won't work in the U.S. or developed countries. Not when the meat-eaters start the killing.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2018 8:41 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
But wouldn't it make more sense for the U.S. Government to wipe them all out instead via the National Guard?

Not if the national guard didn't get to them before some private corporation. Chances are that after after the event of JW, Wu had a few bidders for his talents calling. I see absolutely no reason that as soon as things go south in FK, Wu can't simply call up the entity with the next highest bid and say "You want my services? You got 'em, but get your shit together quickly. There's a handful of dinosaurs that have just escaped and we need to get to them before the national guard does."

Hell, he could have made that call off screen before the events of FK had even wrapped up. This entity could then swoop in, track down some of the escaped dinosaurs (having the guy that knows more about them than anyone on your team would probably help with that matter), scoop them up and whisk them away to some far off location in Central America or something before the National Guard even arrived on the scene. They could even pose as the national guard to not arouse suspicion.

I think you'll find it's much more fun, engaging, and rewarding to come up with ways in which something can work than it is to come up with reasons why it won't. Just sayin'.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Except with so much wire-tracking/online spying via the FBI, NSA, and CIA, it's going to be very hard for anybody to get away with cloning dinosaurs in the U.S.A. The only place in the U.S.A. that you might get away with that is Alaska since most of it is vast and, the last time I checked, not properly explored. The same is true with Russia, China, and Europe.

Firstly, there's nothing stating that this has to take place within the United States, or indeed within any western country. But, even if it did, government ineptitude does exist and is quite frequent, especially on the federal level. Hence why so many people still advocate for smaller, more localized government. Use of codewords, a front in terms of what a companies function is, and general government ineptitude is more than enough cover for someone creating dinosaurs on a small scale at least, as long as that particular person's bases were covered.

But then again, I'm someone that thinks that the federal government is largely useless, which is the basis for a lot of my political opinions.  I can imagine how someone with more faith in a larger government than I have might think it unrealistic that the government could be so inept as to miss something like that (or so corrupt as to pass over something like that).

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 5:38 pm

New very interesting interview to Colin Trevorrow, by Jurassic Outpost!

https://jurassicoutpost.com/exclusive-colin-trevorrow-shares-his-experiences-with-fallen-kingdom-talks-hopes-for-jurassic-world-3/

No "Planet of the Apes" scenario, but something more realistic and grounded.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 6:43 pm

This is exactly what I wanted to see out of the next film, so my excitement level just shot up a notch upon reading this....

Quote :
I just have no idea what would motivate dinosaurs to terrorize a city. They can’t organize. Right now we’ve got lethal predators in wild areas surrounding cities all over the world. They don’t go pack hunting for humans in urban areas. The world I get excited about is the one where it’s possible that a dinosaur might run out in front of your car on a foggy backroad, or invade your campground looking for food. A world where dinosaur interaction is unlikely but possible—the same way we watch out for bears or sharks. We hunt animals, we traffic them, we herd them, we breed them, we invade their territory and pay the price, but we don’t go to war with them. If that was the case, we’d have lost that war a long time ago.

I'm sure some people will look to do nothing but poke holes in this idea, as they tend to do, but this is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for going forward. I just hope it's executed well.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2018 11:54 pm

Very much looking forward to this final film even more after Colin's interview, I expect the script to have it's usual flaws with Colin writing it but I am sure it will be a fun enjoyable film yet again like JW & FK were. Let's hope we get a Carno TLW novel like scene in this + a long overdue adult Dilo scene!! Cool
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 6:36 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
This is exactly what I wanted to see out of the next film, so my excitement level just shot up a notch upon reading this....

Quote :
I just have no idea what would motivate dinosaurs to terrorize a city. They can’t organize. Right now we’ve got lethal predators in wild areas surrounding cities all over the world. They don’t go pack hunting for humans in urban areas. The world I get excited about is the one where it’s possible that a dinosaur might run out in front of your car on a foggy backroad, or invade your campground looking for food. A world where dinosaur interaction is unlikely but possible—the same way we watch out for bears or sharks. We hunt animals, we traffic them, we herd them, we breed them, we invade their territory and pay the price, but we don’t go to war with them. If that was the case, we’d have lost that war a long time ago.

I'm sure some people will look to do nothing but poke holes in this idea, as they tend to do, but this is exactly the type of thing I was hoping for going forward. I just hope it's executed well.

I saw already people complaining that the dinosaurs won't destroy cities as "promised"(?).

I actually love what Colin said. The scenes he described gave me goosebumps already. I just hope he's going to pull it off in the best way possible. Glad he's going for a more naturalistic and grounded way of directing the movie. He also didn't deny the possibility of feathers. This might be the most different Jurassic movie since 1993. Maybe the most personal by Trevorrow too.

Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 2:27 pm

Quote :
When we initially wrote the dinosaur auction, we were imagining a dirty, unsavory bunch of animal traffickers huddled in a basement, trading lives for money. He turned it into the sequence you see in the film, which was more like a Sotheby’s auction for the super-wealthy. I think it played much better for kids, and was the right choice when balanced against the poor treatment of the animals we were seeing, which could have become irreparably sad.

They should've gone with Trevorrow's original idea, to be honest. It would be more effective at conveying sympathy for the captured dinosaurs. The auction of the final movie was too cartoonish, the attendees even seemed like they stepped out of an episode of Captain Planet (complete with actual twirly mustaches and evil russian arms dealers).

Quote :

I appreciate this approach of not going on an over-the-top apocalyptic scenario, but the idea of a bunch of multi-ton dinosaurs living in harmony in american national parks is still very, very silly. Yes, carnivore mammals don't usually go prowling in urban areas, but they are nowhere near the size of these escaped dinosaurs.

Think of the T. rex, or the other three large carnivores. There's no way 15 or so herbivore dinosaurs (and whatever medium and big-sized mammals they can find in those parks) can sustain them for long. They would eventually go prowling in places inhabited by humans, where food is plentiful and easy to find. Kind of like what the Buck did in Lost World. This is even more unlikely when you remember that both Jurassic World movies portray carnivore dinosaurs (and the Pteranodons and Mosasaurus) as being overly aggressive and persistent, usually stopping at nothing to kill humans.

Also, I can't see anyone being okay with a bunch of massive invasive species (including huge man-eating carnivores) roaming free and unchecked on the Redwoods. Both environmentalists and the public opinion would want them either captured or exterminated.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 5:26 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
But then again, I'm someone that thinks that the federal government is largely useless, which is the basis for a lot of my political opinions.  I can imagine how someone with more faith in a larger government than I have might think it unrealistic that the government could be so inept as to miss something like that (or so corrupt as to pass over something like that).

Those two don't always coincide. It's about having a compitant government, not believing that government can solve everything. Not only that, but the military is considered a semi-detached part of the government. You can have a military that's very compitant, but have a civilian government that isn't. Look at Pakistan. The military there is one fo the few things that hold that country together. Same thing with many South American countries. You also have cases where the government is more powerful then the military. Look at Soviet Russia during the 1930's and how Stalin crippled the military by purging so many of the top generals. That almost destroyed the Soviet Union.

The United States has a VERY compitant military and a historically compitant civilian government. Besides, once enough kids get gobbled up, you don't think that the governors wouldn't let the National Guard to wipe out the dinos? Not unless they want to face impeachment/removal or have a political death wish. And most politicians are simply too power hungry to want to face something like that.

Quote :
We hunt animals, we traffic them, we herd them, we breed them, we invade their territory and pay the price, but we don’t go to war with them. If that was the case, we’d have lost that war a long time ago.

Hold my beer. Mankind has wiped out over 300 animal species in the past 500 years and I'm supposed to believe that?! We can wiped out most animals within a month if mankind really wanted too. And most of those animals we drove to extinction, we did without even trying to. Look at the Stellers Sea Cow. After it was first discovered it only took 20 years before it was hunted to extinction. And yet, Colin still thinks that mankind can't destroy nature? Either he's VERY naive or he is utterly unaware of just how destructive mankind is. I mean, doesn't he know about how elephants and rhinos get butchered in Africa every single day?!

Mr. Robustus wrote:

Quote :

I appreciate this approach of not going on an over-the-top apocalyptic scenario, but the idea of a bunch of multi-ton dinosaurs living in harmony in american national parks is still very, very silly. Yes, carnivore mammals don't usually go prowling in urban areas, but they are nowhere near the size of these escaped dinosaurs.

Think of the T. rex, or the other three large carnivores. There's no way 15 or so herbivore dinosaurs (and whatever medium and big-sized mammals they can find in those parks) can sustain them for long. They would eventually go prowling in places inhabited by humans, where food is plentiful and easy to find. Kind of like what the Buck did in Lost World. This is even more unlikely when you remember that both Jurassic World movies portray carnivore dinosaurs (and the Pteranodons and Mosasaurus) as being overly aggressive and persistent, usually stopping at nothing to kill humans.

Also, I can't see anyone being okay with a bunch of massive invasive species (including huge man-eating carnivores) roaming free and unchecked on the Redwoods. Both environmentalists and the public opinion would want them either captured or exterminated.

Most of this. Many environmentalists and animal rights might support the dinosaurs at first, but once people, especially little kids start getting killed, their arguments would be effectively rendered pointless. While this does give me some hope...everything still makes me shake my head in doubt.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 14, 2018 9:25 pm

owenpratt wrote:
I saw already people complaining that the dinosaurs won't destroy cities as "promised"(?).

I actually love what Colin said. The scenes he described gave me goosebumps already. I just hope he's going to pull it off in the best way possible. Glad he's going for a more naturalistic and grounded way of directing the movie. He also didn't deny the possibility of feathers. This might be the most different Jurassic movie since 1993. Maybe the most personal by Trevorrow too.

It all depends on how it's pulled off, and the reasoning given for certain facets of these developments. I won't be so arrogant as to assume I know what all of the plot points leading to this will end up being, nor will I be so jaded as to poke holes into the concept without knowing all of the details, especially when the concept itself has so much potential.

Personally, I feel as though holding a "This is how it can happen"mindset is far better than a "This is why it can't happen" mindset. The former, while obviously being a much more hopeful outlook, also lends itself towards positive and thought provoking discussion, while the latter is a jaded, pessimistic outlook, far more concerned with tearing down the support structure of something that hasn't even been crafted yet.

But, at the end of the day, it's how it's pulled off. We have to be given sufficient reasoning for the breakouts we're likely to see, and a sufficient explanation as to how dinosaurs have spread on such a wide scale.

That being said, to deny the possibility of a sufficient explanation's existence at all, especially within a fictitious universe where apparently DNA can survive in a piece of amber for hundreds of millions of years, is just counterproductive and...honestly...kinda lame.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 12:04 pm

Other recent movies, namely Rampage and Godzilla have already done the "monsters in cities" angle, so it's just as well that JW 3 does something more original. That said, I would like to to see some scenes od animals infringing on civilization, not just in the wild...otherwise, we might as well be back on the islands again.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 1:11 pm

I am also curious as to how this film will connect with the original 3 films. Trevorrow seems to be indicating that JW3 will basically be tying up the story that started with the OG film, which to me indicated that this film will be more "JP6" then JW3.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 15, 2018 1:19 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I am also curious as to how this film will connect with the original 3 films. Trevorrow seems to be indicating that JW3 will basically be tying up the story that started with the OG film, which to me indicated that this film will be more "JP6" then JW3.

I'm still 99% sure it will be still called "Jurassic World: [something]", but yeah, I hope it means we'll see Grant and that the atmosphere will be more like Spielberg's films. Imagine if they also put Sarah Harding there, making JP6/JW3 even more connected to the whole first trilogy, not just JP1.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2019 8:58 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I'm still 99% sure it will be still called "Jurassic World: [something]", but yeah, I hope it means we'll see Grant and that the atmosphere will be more like Spielberg's films. Imagine if they also put Sarah Harding there, making JP6/JW3 even more connected to the whole first trilogy, not just JP1.

It’s kinda too bad they can’t just call it “Jurassic world”

I mean with the way they’re talking it’s the most fitting title if humans are living with the animals finally.
Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2019 10:24 pm

Really hope Colin does his updates again. Hopefully soon too...
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2019 4:44 pm

Chris Pratt briefly talks about Jurassic World 3.
He basically confirms there's a time jump between FK and JW3, and that both dinosaurs and technology are moving forward.

https://twitter.com/ErikDavis/status/1093979095237505024

EDIT:

This seems to confirm Laura Dern is in JW3??

https://twitter.com/bluesgrady/status/1093950255555579905

EDIT 2:

Sam Neill tweeted this pic with Laura Dern. Just a coincidence or..?

https://twitter.com/TwoPaddocks/status/1094272423757701120

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2019 4:50 pm

Jeff Goldblum said there will be much more of Malcolm in JW3, and Chris Pratt hints Laura Dern is back!

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 12, 2019 4:56 am

Smile

Spoiler:

And

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 22, 2019 5:38 pm

Rumor has it that Jurassic World 3 has already began shooting in Ireland.

https://jurassicoutpost.com/reports-suggest-jurassic-world-3-filmed-in-ireland-this-january-and-bryce-dallas-howard-just-added-fuel-to-that-fire/

Quote :
Some surprising news has caught our attention: Apparently, reports hit Irish outlets back in January that Jurassic World 3 had been filming in forested locations just outside of Dublin, and we all missed the news. Our bad. Ireland based media site Joe.ie recently sat down with Bryce Dallas Howard while promoting her role in the upcoming ‘Rocketman’ movie, when they moved the conversation to Jurassic World.

When asked if it’s true that any part of Jurassic World 3 has been filming around and in Ireland, Bryce played coy before breaking into a smile and saying “I can’t answer that question”, then breaking into a laugh that all but says there’s more to the story. “I can’t say anything” she playfully continued, before stating with with a certain confidence “I’m not saying no”.

While Bryce doesn’t outright confirm the rumours, she more or less telegraphed the answer is yes. So what are the rumours we missed back in January? Geek Ireland reports they filmed outside of Dublin, in an accessible but forested location and had this to say:

“Speaking of dinosaurs, dinosaur animatronics have been spotted at the location, meaning this Irish location will almost certainly be featured in action sequences, as opposed to simple pickups and establishing shots (it is not uncommon for movies to film such shots in separate areas from where the main action takes place). Due to the aforementioned NDA, we cannot specify which species feature just yet, but re-watching the end of Fallen Kingdom should give you a good idea. Very specific props from Fallen Kingdom have also been spied on set, indicating the presence of a character who has appeared in both previous Jurassic World films in the Irish-shot scenes.”

The fact that this all played out a few months back without more coverage or leaked images is pretty shocking, and can likely be attributed to top notch set security and what we assume was a shorter shoot schedule. It’s way too early to begin filming Jurassic World 3 in full, the script is assuredly still being written, and reports to us suggest pre-production swings into full throttle this Fall at Pinewood Studios. In fact, this might not be Jurassic World 3 at all, but the mysterious ‘Jurassic World: Battle at Big Rock’.

As previously reported, Jurassic World Allosaurus and Nasutoceratops toys have hit shelves branded with “As seen in Battle at Big Rock”. ‘Big Rock’ is rumoured to be a live action short film debuting this Summer, and perhaps is a Jurassic World 3 precursor. While the existence of the live action short film is surprising, it makes more sense than Jurassic Park 6 filming in January of 2019 when it’s to release in 2021.

Back to top Go down
CommanderKeller
Embryo
Embryo
CommanderKeller

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 7:58 am

To soon IMO, maybe is for the BABR short.

https://www.instagram.com/jurassicpark_raptors/
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 3:46 pm

^^ Agreed, it's very probable they don't even have a finished script for JW3 yet (keep in mind if they follow JW and FK's production schedules they won't be filming for at least 10 months or so).
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 23, 2019 7:29 pm

CommanderKeller wrote:
To soon IMO, maybe is for the BABR short.

Probable, but that's the way it was reported, so I figured it was worth mentioning here.

Edit: After seeing that Bryce Dallas Howard, Chris Pratt and BD Wong are reprising their roles for Jurassic World: The Ride, I do wonder if maybe the filming has something to do with the ride? Don't know all of the ins and outs, just speculating.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 4:41 pm

Kevin Jenkins joins Jurassic World 3 as production designer.

https://jurassicoutpost.com/kevin-jenkins-joins-jurassic-world-3-as-production-designer/

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1473415/

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2019 6:21 pm

I'm interested in what fresh blood can do...the three JW films having three different production designers mean they'll all have their own distinct look.

He worked with JP/TLW designer Rick Carter on the next SW, produced by Frank Marshall's wife, so it is easy to see how he got the job though. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0   General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Dominion News Thread v1.0
Page 2 of 19Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 19  Next