Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?

Go down 
+4
Dead2009
Mr. Robustus
Gondrasia
Robotpo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Empty
PostSubject: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 11:24 pm

Been thinking about this - how would you feel about the production team pulling a Tarkin/Rogue One thing and having a digital Hammond (hopefully less uncanny valley) alongside Lockwood in flashback in JW3? They could make the film a prequel as well as a sequel, and have backstory in flashback which is relevant to the globe-trotting story Owen and Claire are said to be going on by Trevorrow. They could include other characters or backstory as well (Tim and/or Lex, Masrani, Ludlow, depending on how far back they go?)...

Just an idea. Idea
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 2:07 pm

Probably not for the film, but it would be a great setting to explore in a prequel novel similar to “The Evolution of Claire”.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Robustus
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Mr. Robustus

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2018 7:43 pm

At this point, I really wish the writers would just leave John Hammond alone, to be honest. Most of the sequels so far have found new creative ways to ruin his character, and there isn't a lot about him that we don't know already (or that needs showing/explaining).

The most I would want to see is an opening scene with no dialogue where an out-of-focus Hammond is watching Rexy hatch from her egg in the Nublar hatchery, with maybe a transition to an adult Rexy wreaking havoc in present day (like that first Jurassic World: Evolution trailer).

Other than that, I'm good. The filmmakers need to stop digging at this character's grave and let him rest in peace.

"Try to imagine yourself in the Late Quaternary. You get your first look at this six-foot Psittacosaurus as you enter a city. You stay still, because you think that maybe its visual acuity is based on movement. Maybe it's not all that bright. But no... not Homo sapiens. You stare at it, and it stares right back at you. And that's when it starts shooting you with this... THE GUN!" - Dr. Mongoliensis
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 7:04 am

No. Unless Maisie is in the next film, they've both passed on in storyline so leave it be.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 3:40 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Unless Maisie is in the next film

If she isn't, it would be a huge exclusion given the ending of FK.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 6:02 pm

Isabella Sermon is confirmed for the next film, she confirmed it during the press tour for FK! Wink

Last edited by dance2nite on Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 8:56 pm

I would love to see some kind of separate prequel, but I don't think JW3 has any need to explore the background of the parks at this point. There was promise for that in Fallen Kingdom but with Millls' involvement it didn't get to be in focus or be too important.

Should such a prequel occur, it'd be nice to see a young Masrani at some point, too.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 9:17 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Isabella Sermon is coming for the next film, she confirmed it during the press tour for FK! Wink

Ty Simpkins was also telling people he was going to be in future films after the first JW dropped. I take it with a grain of salt until the casting is announced.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 6:51 pm

Mr. Robustus wrote:
At this point, I really wish the writers would just leave John Hammond alone, to be honest. Most of the sequels so far have found new creative ways to ruin his character, and there isn't a lot about him that we don't know already (or that needs showing/explaining).

The most I would want to see is an opening scene with no dialogue where an out-of-focus Hammond is watching Rexy hatch from her egg in the Nublar hatchery, with maybe a transition to an adult Rexy wreaking havoc in present day (like that first Jurassic World: Evolution trailer).

Other than that, I'm good. The filmmakers need to stop digging at this character's grave and let him rest in peace.

Lockwood really was HEAVILY shoehorned into canon. Far more then then those new dinosaurs we saw in Nublar that we never in the first JW. It should have been one of Hammond's full grown offspring instead.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2018 8:45 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Lockwood really was HEAVILY shoehorned into canon. Far more then then those new dinosaurs we saw in Nublar that we never in the first JW. It should have been one of Hammond's full grown offspring instead.

I sort of agree and disagree. The purposes the film use Mills and the Lockwood Estate for simply would not work with the existing family connections that Hammond has established, I think, and could have involved retconning the Murphys' backstory in their own way, and there's obviously the Ludlow branch which probably would have not only been a dead giveaway for fans (which is a studio concern, if a silly one to me) but also, we know references to The Lost World: Jurassic Park[/o] are hardly in vogue. Another child for Hammond, I think, would have opened similar wounds.

Lockwood himself as a [i]character
wasn't fully realized but he wasn't really the problem.

The main purpose of the Lockwood Estate for ninety percent of the film is to establish Eli Mills, first as someone who may have a legitimate claim and interest in helping the dinosaurs as well as someone with the power and access to assist Claire with the supplies she might need for the expedition, while also using him as a stepping stone for later. The other purpose was to establish Maise and her associated story connections. The other, smaller purpose, is the basement laboratory and holding areas are somewhat necessary for the story.

Perhaps it might've been reasonable to replace Masrani and Lockwood [i]both[/b] with a Mills-like character who has since purchased Hammond's original estate - build up trust in the previous film, use the similar references to having been an old friend of Hammond and executive at inGen, and reveal the truth here, someone who still has a feasible connection to the parks to know Claire and hold power, but without the retroactive burden of being inserted into the older continuity.
Back to top Go down
NikoRex
Embryo
Embryo
NikoRex

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2018 3:55 am

Simply said: No. I don't really need that much exploration of that character or the relation between these
two characters. No JP character got that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?   Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should they explore Hammond and Lockwood's relationship in flashback?
Page 1 of 1