Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TBman86
Embryo
Embryo
TBman86

The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World Empty
PostSubject: The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World   The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 2:39 pm

The Unlucky Bastard is the civilian that the Buck T-Rex eats during the San Diego Incident. Its a cameo by David Koepp, and its one of my favorite dino kills. How do you feel about it? Does anyone else think this is a great, underrated death scene?

The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World 30232116

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World   The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 2:53 pm

While I generally enjoy the San Diego sequence, Koepp's cameo felt a little too self-aware to me, as he kind-of hammed it up.

Also, he was undone by his inability to properly open a door. Razz

TBman86 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TBman86
Embryo
Embryo
TBman86

PostSubject: Re: The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World   The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World Icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2020 5:48 pm

Yeah, first he makes the dumb move to split from the crowd, then he fumbles with the door when he gets to it Razz
And I love his over-the-top death screams, I think they're hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World   The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 2:20 pm

I enjoy the Unlucky Bastard's cameo and death scene. I think it's definitely a great addition, as it highlights just how utterly unprepared the modern world was for the sudden return of dinosaurs. One moment he was going about his day, the next minute, a huge t rex turns around the corner...I wonder if he would have thought it was a bad dream up until the moment the jaws closed in on him.

TBman86 likes this post

Back to top Go down
TBman86
Embryo
Embryo
TBman86

PostSubject: Re: The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World   The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World Icon_minitimeFri Jul 10, 2020 7:43 pm

He probably thought it was just a horrible nightmare until teeth started tearing into him, and he realizes too late that dinosaurs are very real as his life starts fading from him...
Back to top Go down
The Malone Society
Pachycephalosaurus
Pachycephalosaurus
The Malone Society

PostSubject: Re: The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World   The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2022 12:05 pm

I headcanon that this is the Jurassic Park universe's version of David Koepp, meaning in that universe he would never go on to write the scrips for Spider-Man, War of the Worlds, Zathura, Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and others.

And for clarification, I don't mean this as a diss against Koepp. I love his work. I just like thinking about the ramifications of alternate histories.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World   The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Unlucky Bastard in The Lost World
Page 1 of 1