Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 5:33 pm

Putin has been erased from 2 Hollywood movies. First, Hollywood turns a blind eye the to atrocities of China, then they fail to acknowledge the horrors of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Al Qauda, and ISIS, and now this. And yet, these same morons still bash the U.S.. Screw them.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 12:03 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Putin has been erased from 2 Hollywood movies. First, Hollywood turns a blind eye the to atrocities of China, then they fail to acknowledge the horrors of Iran, Saudi Arabia, Al Qauda, and ISIS, and now this. And yet, these same morons still bash the U.S.. Screw them.
Wow that's pathetic. I don't want politics to change scenes in movies. Are people really that triggered to see Putin's face in a movie??
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:02 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Wow that's pathetic. I don't want politics to change scenes in movies. Are people really that triggered to see Putin's face in a movie??

The normal audience, no. My guess is that it's 2 things.

1. Money. Hollywood might dig into the Russian market heavier, which means turning the other way to Russia's brutal methods and their homophobia. (Other then a short time period under Lenin's rule, Russia has always been a very traditional country.)

2. It would expose the moral relativism preached by many Hollywood actors/actresses. Let's face it, other then Angelina Jolie, how many people in Hollywood have tried to fight for reforms in countries in much worse shape then us. Better yet, how many of those same people acknowledge the evils of China, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia, and *insert crappy 3rd world country here*? Very few.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 10:46 pm

The new cloverfield film "God particle" has been pushed back to February 2 2018
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 6:34 pm

T.J. Miller says that The Emoji Movie will fight Donald Trump and will be progressive.

I love that he says this, yet he basically admits that he was the only actor from the show 'Silicon Valley' who donated to Hillary's campaign. I mean, Sony tried this with GB2016, and look how that bombed/flopped.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 6:57 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
T.J. Miller says that The Emoji Movie will fight Donald Trump and will be progressive.

I love that he says this, yet he basically admits that he was the only actor from the show 'Silicon Valley' who donated to Hillary's campaign. I mean, Sony tried this with GB2016, and look how that bombed/flopped.

This thing has a $50 million budget, it will have to be nauseatingly bad to not turn a profit or at least not draw in a few million curious unfortunates.

Whereas GB2016 had a budget and marketing presence of nearly three times as much, and one that they hoped would make a respectable hit at the box office. This, being a non-Disney animated film, does not have the same lofty expectations.

General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 1:36 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

So not only does it look awful but now this.

That's the problem with movie studios I feel. They try from the outset to figure out how to put a political message in a film. No matter how over the top. They don't build a film first, and then add it naturally.

Some of the greatest films ever had political messages but they were great because they were also FILMS.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 24, 2017 5:38 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

The hilarious thing in all of this is that sh*t like this will ultimately end up hurting his "cause".

I find it so arrogant that people like this assume that the general public, in particular people who identify as conservative (or at least fall right of the position that Hollywood and the liberal media sit) are "uneducated", and that somehow this movie about fucking emojis is going to convince people to change their minds.

"You know, Fred, I used to think that securing our borders and regulating immigration during these incredibly tumultuous times was important, but after watching The Emoji Movie, I now realize that I was just being a racist piece of sh*t."

General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 2:54 am

i still can't believe that thing was actually made--it reads more as a parody from The Simpsons or something

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 25, 2017 8:06 pm

James Cameron Plans to “Reinvent” ‘Terminator’ With New Trilogy

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 12:42 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
James Cameron Plans to “Reinvent” ‘Terminator’ With New Trilogy

That's odd considering how Paramount planned to make a true Terminator 3 movie that was connected to Terminator 2: Judgement Day and would have ret-conned all the other movies after that out of existence. Perhaps Paramount gave the rights, or part of them, back to Cameron early. In any case, while James Cameron is more then talented enough to pull this off, I just think that people, myself included, would rather see the proper T3 movie with Cameron being the man behind it.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 26, 2017 1:15 pm

I wonder if James Cameron also plans to invent a way to extend human life, so he can take on his list of 100 upcoming projects without stress. Razz

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 2:39 pm

It looks like Sony's Barbie movie isn't dead yet. Anne Hathaway is in talks to replace Amy Schumer.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 5:44 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Sony's Barbie movie isn't dead yet. Anne Hathaway is in talks to replace Amy Schumer.

Well, that is a definite improvement over that black hole of talent. Granted, if this is somehow supposed to play into the "not perfect enough to be Barbie" plot that was attached to the Schumer version, Anne Hathaway is maybe a bit too beautiful to be believably banished for not being pretty enough. It makes me wonder if they have revised that plot again so that it resembles the earlier, more family friendly drafts.

Its still going to be ground to paste going up against Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and The Incredibles.

The Emoji Movie scores a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. This thing is finished.

General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 27, 2017 6:12 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Well, that is a definite improvement over that black hole of talent. Granted, if this is somehow supposed to play into the "not perfect enough to be Barbie" plot that was attached to the Schumer version, Anne Hathaway is maybe a bit too beautiful to be believably banished for not being pretty enough. It makes me wonder if they have revised that plot again so that it resembles the earlier, more family friendly drafts.

Its still going to be ground to paste going up against Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom and The Incredibles.

The Emoji Movie scores a 0% on Rotten Tomatoes. This thing is finished.

At this point, Sony has to set it back. I don't think they even shot any footage when Schumer was the lead. And if The Emoji Movie bombs as bad as it looks like, if not worse, then they would have no other choice but to do so.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 12:36 am

I don't understand this Emoji movie and the reviews.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Movie Discussion - Page 22 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 1:15 am

I call upon the dark Lord's of Xalatho to sen Emoji Movie to the 10th level of hell.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 1:31 am

The emoji movie being 0 percent on rotten tomatoes is payback for mankinds sins.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 2:51 pm

The Emoji movie now has a 3% RT score.

That's the exact same score that Mortal Kombat: Annihilation has. Considering how that movie..well, annihilated the careers of every actor and actress involved...Not exactly the best sign.

lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 9:11 pm

I still completely fail to understand how Amy Pascal has a job. Watched the new midnight's edge video on the emoji and popeye controversy, and someone in the comments put it best.

"Amy Pascal is like the villain of this channel".

As a someone who is a huge Sony fan and has been buying their products all my life it hurts me. How much longer before reform?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Good News for Warner Bros.

AT&T buying them has cured their debt. The main boss of AT&T John Sranky, will be the main boss now.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 12:43 am

I think I get why people are hating Emoji so much. It's because the movie pretty much sums up how people are futile and uses emojis and cellphones for futile things.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 1:18 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
I think I get why people are hating Emoji so much. It's because the movie pretty much sums up how people are futile and uses emojis and cellphones for futile things.

From what I understand it is actually an AWFU movie as well. I mean even critics and fans gave ghostbusters a chance after all that awful press and trailers.

This one? I've heard from a friend who went that it's actually that bad.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 2:03 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

No, it's because we supposed to get a Popeye movie made by the guy who made Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack. But Amy Pascal killed it. Instead, we got this instead. It wasn't the reason why the Popeye movie got cancelled, but it something to replace it. Not only that but many people consider it a ripoff of Wreck-It-Ralph, The Lego Movie, and Inside Out.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 4:03 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

No, it's because we supposed to get a Popeye movie made by the guy who made Dexter's Laboratory and Samurai Jack. But Amy Pascal killed it. Instead, we got this instead. It wasn't the reason why the Popeye movie got cancelled, but it something to replace it. Not only that but many people consider it a ripoff of Wreck-It-Ralph, The Lego Movie, and Inside Out.
I think for the movie to be that bad it needs to have awful dialogues, boring, bad characters and so on.

Not just bc it's a copy of another movie. If that's the case WHY the critics are being so harsh, then it's ridiculous.

Anyway, I grew interested in watching this via torrent to see how bad it is.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 29, 2017 5:45 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

I think for the movie to be that bad it needs to have awful dialogues, boring, bad characters and so on.

Not just bc it's a copy of another movie. If that's the case WHY the critics are being so harsh, then it's ridiculous.

The movie literally makes references to outdated memes like the pen pineapple apple pen. Good God I hope Sony goes under for this.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 1:17 am

Richard Levine wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

The movie literally makes references to outdated memes like the pen pineapple apple pen. Good God I hope Sony goes under for this.
Sony will be fine.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 30, 2017 11:25 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Richard Levine wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Sony will be fine.

Not their movie branch. It's been in big trouble for sometime now and one of their major financing partners pulled out last week.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 7:17 am

Dunkrik beats out both The Emoji Movie and Atomic Blonde to stay Number 1 at the box office.

Paramount has lost it's main lifeline to China.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 11:24 am

A Dunkirk historian gives his thoughts on what the movie did so well. A great read.

http://www.gq.com/story/dunkirk-according-to-a-dunkirk-historian
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 22 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next