Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Movie Discussion

Go down 
+34
Scott B
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
Rhedosaurus
jericho
Oshronosaurus
Bbrink1996
Levine
TheRexMan22
Spinosaur4.4
Dr. Wu
Tyrant Lizard
HennexForest
DeiXnonychus
Océane
Megaspino2
Aegyptiacus3
V.a.nublarensis
Island Queen
TRK/TrexKing
tigris115
MissDNA
smaugtheterrible
dance2nite
owenpratt
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
JPMalcolmDilo
CT-1138
Mysterious Hero M
GwrChurchward
evolution_rex
Darth Spidey
BobGrill
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 01, 2017 6:18 pm

Sony Pictures lost $84 million in the first fiscal quarter.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 5:41 pm

Studies show Rotten tomatoes is influential on people seeing movies or not.

https://www.reddit.com/r/movies/comments/6r57pi/studies_show_rotten_tomatoes_is_influencing/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 04, 2017 9:32 am

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 8:11 pm

Dead2009 wrote:

Considering how Dinsey owns the rights to Winnie The Pooh, or at least the TV show rights, I'm surprised that Fox made this movie instead of Disney. It still looks like a good movie, though.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 10:41 pm

i want to say Winnie-the-Pooh is public domain, but i'm not all that certain (i looked it up to check--the original books might be, but obviously the Disney adaptations aren't--and they're all from the mid- to late-1920s after copyright law became a thing)

speaking of Winnie-the-Pooh... XDDDDD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSvkgign8mQ

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 7:10 pm

Al Gore had a new global warming movie that came out this weekend...but nobody knew about it and it bombed. It gets even better. Even many on the left didn't want to see this movie.

lol!

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 8:09 pm

It got very poor ratings, and I say that as a very progressive person myself. I read some reviews and it just did not sound at all enticing.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 12:31 pm

Colonel Miles Quaritch Will be an antagonist in all 4 of the next Avatar films.....

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/avatar/news/a835082/james-cameron-main-villain-avatar-sequels-stephen-lang/

Quote :
"But it's not a whole bunch of new characters every time. There's not a new villain every time, which is interesting. Same guy. Same motherf**ker through all four movies. He is so good and he just gets better. I know Stephen Lang is gonna knock this out of the park."

I think this is pretty silly and could be a massive disappointment.

For one why am I supposed to now feel worried about his character through the sequels? Anything can happen and I know he'll be safe. Or if he dies, like the first one, I know he'll just come back. Which completely negates the consequence of death making it meaningless in this universe. And lastly why not have some cool new villains? The guy is a great actor but I don't want to see the same thing over and over.

Cameron is getting ahead of himself in my humble opinion.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:22 pm

Disney plans to take all its stuff off Netflix and start its own streaming service. Terrible news. Hope it doesn't work out.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/08/08/disney-will-pull-its-movies-from-netflix-and-start-its-own-streaming-services.html
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:43 pm

And this is why I'm still collecting Disney DVDs and blu-rays. I sure as hell hope this fails and people simply don't have the money to afford two streaming services, with clearly one of them Netflix being the more attractive one.

General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:56 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
And this is why I'm still collecting Disney DVDs and blu-rays. I sure as hell hope this fails and people simply don't have the money to afford two streaming services, with clearly one of them Netflix being the more attractive one.

This feels like Disney is getting to high on itself. One would have thought trying to find out what to do with Star Wars and not trying to fix Marvel's comic branch via firing most of the writing staff would have made them less egotistical, but, oddly enough, that's not the case. They must really be riding high on the MCU, Star Wars money (despite the flaws), and their original claim to fame, animation, even higher then we ever thought.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 7:10 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

The thing is that it really sucks for the consumer and Netflix. I get that Disney is in it to make money. But what if everyone else has this mindset?

What's next is AMC going to pull walking dead and breaking bad for their new service?

What if WB pulls their movies and decides to make original content that centers around stuff like Harry Potter for instance.

Because sickle made a good point that Disney will probably sweeten the deal by making an original Star Wars show or something. If that's successful I could see tons of other studios do the same thing.

I mean now only does Netflix not look as attractive, but are we going to get to the point of streaming services costing more or as much as cable.

Big disclaimer. I don't not advocate for torrents and piracy. But companies need to realize that when you nickel and dime to this degree you are absolutely creating them. They'll always be there but as prices go up and stuff like this happens there will be more piracy. Guaranteed.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 7:20 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

The thing is that it really sucks for the consumer and Netflix. I get that Disney is in it to make money. But what if everyone else has this mindset?

I mean now only does Netflix not look as attractive, but are we going to get to the point of streaming services costing more or as much as cable.

Big disclaimer. I don't not advocate for torrents and piracy. But companies need to realize that when you nickel and dime to this degree you are absolutely creating them. They'll always be there but as prices go up and stuff like this happens there will be more piracy. Guaranteed.

Now that you mentioned it, I just remembered that Netflix was $20 billion in debt. This could be a 'bailout' of sort by Disney. After all, they have more then enough cash to throw enough nowadays. That being said, you're right. The backlash might be enough to cancel much of this out.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 7:29 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Now that you mentioned it, I just remembered that Netflix was $20 billion in debt. This could be a 'bailout' of sort by Disney. After all, they have more then enough cash to throw enough nowadays. That being said, you're right. The backlash might be enough to cancel much of this out.

That's a very good point. And someone did make the point to me on Reddit that Netflix really can't sustain to pay a lot of these corporations for their movies constantly. It's why Netflix is trying to make their own original content more and more and more.

I wonder if one day all Netflix will be is their own stuff? Or mostly anyway.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 3:01 pm

Well, that didn't take long for the backlash to start.

Netflix's stock dropped 5% as a result from that news.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 4:39 pm

I like how that can be considered backlash when Netflix wasnt the one that did it...

Lionsgate CEO: ‘More Stories to Be Told’ for Hunger Games, Twilight Franchises
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/877773-lionsgate-ceo-more-stories-to-be-told-for-hunger-games-twilight-franchises#euqF7GZEKmbbg7Mx.99

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 4:46 pm

I wonder how much money Lionsgate will throw down in their attempt to "tell more stories" in the Hunger Games and Twilight franchises? This nostalgia rush for all things 70s, 80s and 90s is probably not going to make the same level of success for even these young adult franchises with their loyal fan bases.

General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:09 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I wonder how much money Lionsgate will throw down in their attempt to "tell more stories" in the Hunger Games and Twilight franchises? This nostalgia rush for all things 70s, 80s and 90s is probably not going to make the same level of success for even these young adult franchises with their loyal fan bases.

Not only that, but J-Law has turned herself into too much of a liability ever since her nude photos got released. Do young people really want to see her as much now?

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:46 pm

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/academy-elects-new-president-1202516814/

Academy gets new president (former cinematographer)
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Not only that, but J-Law has turned herself into too much of a liability ever since her nude photos got released. Do young people really want to see her as much now?

Well personally I don't think her nudes have anything to do with it, but no, I no longer think she's a hot idol for teens like she was in hunger games.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:56 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

Well personally I don't think her nudes have anything to do with it, but no, I no longer think she's a hot idol for teens like she was in hunger games.

After that happened, she just turned into an outright bitch. You can see the change quite noticeably.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 10:24 pm

How to lose millions in three steps. Great article about the King Arthur movie that bombed.

http://manapop.com/film/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-2016-review/
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 1:36 am

Troyal1 wrote:
How to lose millions in three steps. Great article about the King Arthur movie that bombed.

http://manapop.com/film/king-arthur-legend-of-the-sword-2016-review/

The sad part is they had a lot riding on that, even a whole cinematic unverse they had planned.

BTW did anyone see the Dark Tower? I did, and I thought it wasnt too bad. It seems to be bombing hard at the box office though. Sad

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 1:00 pm

The Emoji Movie has been out for just 3 weeks and it's already getting a DVD release date.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 2:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Emoji Movie has been out for just 3 weeks and it's already getting a DVD release date.
they're desperate. i've heard that it made half it's budget, and considering that they were probably riding on the whole "let's make a low-budget movie so that we'll turn a profit even if people hate it" and that completely blew up in their face.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 2:56 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
they're desperate. i've heard that it made half it's budget, and considering that they were probably riding on the whole "let's make a low-budget movie so that we'll turn a profit even if people hate it" and that completely blew up in their face.

They are so desperate that they are ALREADY doing a 'buy one get one free' promotion for tickets if you buy an Emoji movie happy meal for your kid.

https://twitter.com/EmojiMovie/status/894982893428064256

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 9:51 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

They are so desperate that they are ALREADY doing a 'buy one get one free' promotion for tickets if you buy an Emoji movie happy meal for your kid.

https://twitter.com/EmojiMovie/status/894982893428064256

Wow. That is bad. And to think that this happened because of how Amy Pascal killed that one Popeye movie. Well, at least we got the final season of Samurai Jack out of that so at least something great came out of this.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 4:28 pm

This summer at the box office was down 12% from last year.

Back to top Go down
Bbrink1996
Hatchling
Hatchling
Bbrink1996

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 10:36 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
BTW did anyone see the Dark Tower? I did, and I thought it wasnt too bad. It seems to be bombing hard at the box office though. Sad

I want to see it but it doesn't come out in another 2 weeks where I live unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 14, 2017 6:40 pm

The Nut Job 2 only made $8.9 million on it's opening debut and only had slightly over 4,000 theaters showing it.

Wow. That is just bad.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Movie Discussion   General Movie Discussion - Page 23 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Movie Discussion
Page 23 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 28 ... 34  Next