Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JPLegacy Memorial Thread

Go down 
+46
Cha0ticArch0saur
RolandEden
Mysterious Hero M
Nublar7
Hellothasaurus
smaugtheterrible
Spiegel
Levine
Monolophosaurus
evolution_rex
Lord Kristine
Clonehunter
jpsacu
Prowler
Carcharodontosaurus
JVM
Megaspino2
MissDNA
Theta Rex
CloneTrooper101
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Rex Prime
Nedryland
Lost
Raptor_Guard999
Océane
urban ratite
Katana
TRK/TrexKing
Paleoman
Metal Gear Rex
Tarbtano
Troyal1
Pugpunasaurus
Crimsonraptor
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
GwrChurchward
Sickle_Claw
TheRexMan22
CT-1138
Dr. Wu
Spinosaur4.4
TheDreamMaster
Pokesaurus
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 6:04 pm

Crimsonraptor wrote:
The morning after. Parting is such sweet sorrow.

Still have the one tab of JPL open from last night. Not sure when I'll finally close it.
You still have that tab open?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Crimsonraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling
Crimsonraptor

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 6:06 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Crimsonraptor wrote:

Still have the one tab of JPL open from last night. Not sure when I'll finally close it.

Yessir. Page 59 out of 61

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 6:11 pm

Crimsonraptor wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Crimsonraptor wrote:

Get a new computer and keep it forever  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Crimsonraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling
Crimsonraptor

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 13, 2016 6:23 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Crimsonraptor wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Crimsonraptor wrote:

Get a new computer and keep it forever  Laughing

I saved the entire source code of the page, just in case. Razz

Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 8:39 am

Was there for more then a year. Had good times with everyone on there. We were/are as close nit as people on the internet could be really. At least it lives on in spirit (and with many of those members here)

Embryo
Embryo
Monolophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 14, 2016 11:41 am

I don't have much to say because I only had 15 posts on JPLegacy, and half of those were from a certain argument with a certain human at the end (and that makes me feel a bit awkward posting here, for numerous reasons). That doesn't mean I didn't like the site though, despite what are in my opinion, a few flaws, it was still an amazing site overall, the best place for Jurassic Park... anything. I basically never posted there but I got so many JPOG downloads, cool ideas, and general information on the Jurassic Park universe from there. JPLegacy's legacy will never die. We saved a lot of stuff and even then the Wayback Machine provides us with anything we didn't. Plus I think JP Portal will get... somewhat big. Not near as big as Legacy anytime soon, but it will be a decent sized forum. This place should hopefully provide a sufficient replacement. I mean the community is still here, in a sense, I like to think that there is simply new ownership. The staff changed a bit and the community evolved a bit, but the spirit is still here.

"Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 17, 2016 9:18 am

I joined JPLegacy fairly recently compared to the other veteran fans on that site, mainly because I wanted to be a part of the fun since the franchise had come back to life in a big way. Still, from August 2015 to June 2016, they were a fantastic ten months and I consider it an honour to have joined JPLegacy, regardless of whether or not I could have joined sooner.

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
CloneTrooper101
Embryo
Embryo
CloneTrooper101

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 9:24 pm

I'm actually a little miffed that Tyrannosaur shut down JPL an swallowed the key to it. At least we got this fine website to make up for the loss of JPL. Wink

"The Force will be with you, always..." - Obi-wan Kenobi
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 11:06 pm

CloneTrooper101 wrote:
I'm actually a little miffed that Tyrannosaur shut down JPL an swallowed the key to it. At least we got this fine website to make up for the loss of JPL. Wink

Hey look, with D4E's name change, we've got two Clone Troopers around here now. Razz

I think we're all a little upset by the decision, but everyone put so much work into saving, archiving, and getting this site running, it's a lot easier to focus on the moving forward. After a couple days it's felt pretty normal to me overall here. I'd hope everyone that came in the move can get themselves in a similar place with time.

The fact is, I'm sure it was discussed a little more with the admins, but it came pretty suddenly, and when it was basically set down there was roughly a week before shutdown, it sort of brought everyone who really cared together. Even lots of people that'd left came back to say goodbye, and even a few banned members were browsing what they could it. I'd like to think in time, we can become better than what we had before, and hopefully forge new bridges in the JP community.

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 11:13 pm

JPL set some standards for communities everywhere and this franchise. It built a foundation, a decent one. However, some aspects JPL and the assorted drama was not healthy. So we can take some good from it and move on while at the same time removing the bad. As much as it sucks it presents the opportunity to grow under new guidance with lessons from both sides of the fence. Losing JPL really does suck but for every door closed, another has opened.

Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2016 11:47 pm

...wow. I... don't know what to say. I only just found out about this.

I know I've been really on-and-off in regards to JPL for the last four years or so, but that place had so many memories tied to it and now I'm kicking myself for not spending more time there.

Whatever happened, I hope everyone was able to get over here in one piece. Keep the legacy alive and all that.

Rest in peace, goddamn it.

Embryo
Embryo
CloneTrooper101

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 12:39 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Hey look, with D4E's name change, we've got two Clone Troopers around here now. Razz

Just you watch, I'll bet there will be a third at some point... tongue

"The Force will be with you, always..." - Obi-wan Kenobi
Back to top Go down
MissDNA
TFW RPG Moderator
TFW RPG Moderator
MissDNA

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 4:17 am

Please dont go and start a war or something. Razz

Brimi - female Stegosaurus ungulatus
Back to top Go down
GwrChurchward
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 6:11 am

Then it's war! Then it's war! Gather the forces. Harness the horses. Then it's war!
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 4:35 pm

GwrChurchward wrote:
Then it's war! Then it's war! Gather the forces. Harness the horses. Then it's war!

"It's treason, then."
JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 320x240_2

Back to top Go down
Monolophosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Monolophosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 7:04 pm

I could ramble on and on and on and on about my different mixed feelings on JPLegacy. I should have taken advantage of it instead of just basically ignoring it and only posting a few times on there. With JP Portal now though, I almost don't really mind that the site went down. Tyrannosaur's decision was good for him, but honestly could have been very damaging for the community. I've already said my views on him back in the last few Legacy-pocalypse days, I don't want to start a pointless war on that, but I did want to note that his decision was good for his personal situation. Now that you guys archived it all, his decision was perhaps a fairly good one. I guess right now is the best possible time to try and join the community, with a new rebirth of sorts.

I do want to be completely honest here; I don't want this site to be JPLegacy. I want it to be unique. I'm pretty insignificant but I would rather not just have a carbon copy of JPLegacy.

Oh what are your guys' thoughts on Jurassic Outpost? From what I saw on JPLegacy not many people on here like that site... which is okay I guess, it isn't particularly appealing to me. This seems like a much better place for the Jurassic Park community to rebuild.

"Yeah, but, John, if The Pirates of the Caribbean breaks down, the pirates don't eat the tourists."
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 7:47 pm

The forums are difficult to navigate, which is disappointing from a forum they pay to have. They have some good info on their forum, but that's about it. The Encyclopedia is hit and miss from an informative point of view (their Raptor page, for example, gets the eye color wrong), and not that big either.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2016 8:28 pm

I've stayed away from JO, not really because of the old drama but just at the time we had JPL and that's all I needed. I figure it's be nice if all the sites could get along, and restart things from here.

Back to top Go down
Crimsonraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling
Crimsonraptor

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 2:58 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I've stayed away from JO, not really because of the old drama but just at the time we had JPL and that's all I needed. I figure it's be nice if all the sites could get along, and restart things from here.

^^^^^^

Crimsonraptor wrote:

Also this is no longer the case. Had to restart my computer yesterday for updates. It's gone finally.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 3:11 pm

Crimsonraptor wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:

^^^^^^

Crimsonraptor wrote:

Also this is no longer the case. Had to restart my computer yesterday for updates. It's gone finally.

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Latest?cb=20120616003315

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 5:06 pm

Monolophosaurus wrote:
I do want to be completely honest here; I don't want this site to be JPLegacy. I want it to be unique. I'm pretty insignificant but I would rather not just have a carbon copy of JPLegacy.

Oh what are your guys' thoughts on Jurassic Outpost? From what I saw on JPLegacy not many people on here like that site... which is okay I guess, it isn't particularly appealing to me. This seems like a much better place for the Jurassic Park community to rebuild.

Well, the layout is similar to legacy because that specific forum layout was efficient and easy to navigate. However, I would hope you do see that we are trying to run things differently. Ty had his way of doing things and that's fine because it was his site but the staff here are trying to not follow that method of handling situations. Case in point, ty would have never allowed spino vs rex discussion however we felt enough time had past and also felt it was important to encourage discussion.

As for JO, not a huge fan of their layout or how they do things but peace is important and I would rather us be on neutral/talking terms with them rather than fighting.
Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 7:12 pm

I still remember my first thread on JP legacy, asking about the Baryonyx's role in JW. Of course, as many of you know, I came out disappointed on that front Laughing

But it was the beginning of better times to be had, speculating, socializing, and fanfic writing.

RIP JPL

Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 9:09 pm

I was a member of JPL from August 2007 until the closure - longer than some staff members. I don't want to be too critical, but I don't want to be too glow-y. It was an incredibly well-constructed website, but it became really clear to me that certain people's hearts were not in it - at the same time, given the community was still active, I continue to believe it should have been handed off and that the shutdown was handled abruptly. I hold no ill feelings towards Ty as a person, and I understand and sympathize with what he's doing better than many might assume, but I still think it was the wrong decision.

The beauty of the new start though, is we won't have to live down the negative aspects of JPL's legacy, we can just focus on creating a new one. I'm excited for that.

Also, we need to start a new encyclopedia. I'd do it myself but I'm already working on a far more ambitious for another community.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 21, 2016 11:04 pm

JVM wrote:
I was a member of JPL from August 2007 until the closure - longer than some staff members. I don't want to be too critical, but I don't want to be too glow-y. It was an incredibly well-constructed website, but it became really clear to me that certain people's hearts were not in it - at the same time, given the community was still active, I continue to believe it should have been handed off and that the shutdown was handled abruptly. I hold no ill feelings towards Ty as a person, and I understand and sympathize with what he's doing better than many might assume, but I still think it was the wrong decision.

The beauty of the new start though, is we won't have to live down the negative aspects of JPL's legacy, we can just focus on creating a new one. I'm excited for that.

Also, we need to start a new encyclopedia. I'd do it myself but I'm already working on a far more ambitious for another community.

I think for now we're passing on the Encyclopedia aspect, in favor of making improvements around the site itself. The JPL one is backed up by a number of members, but Ty requested to keep it down for a little while. I assume in time it'll go back up under this site, and I also imagine people are willing to share specific information out of the back ups if someone needs it.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:11 am

I plugged in my old iPhone for shits and giggles tonight, just to see what was there... this is what I found on my Chrome app. Sickle_Claw, you had Cheese Sandwich for your avatar back then. Too bad the phone glitched before I could get a shot

JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 OiIiNlW

Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:13 am

WOW! Amazing! Back when Live the Legend was still a thing!
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 12:14 am

When was John Schwartzman announced as cinematographer for JW? That's the thread I opened up on.

Carcharodontosaurus
Embryo
Embryo
Carcharodontosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2016 5:29 am

I remember all the fights I used to have with the other admins because I was very stubborn, opinionated and quite bossy sometimes Razz

That each time I went on the forums I cringed at my horrid old graphics and wanted to change them but that meant asking to come back and I'd rather had not.

I tried to stay out of all the drama and have mostly forgotten my time on there which is fine as before I left it went downhill, i'd rather have had remembered it when it was smaller and much less back stabby.

Admin of Jurassica.net
Inactive and sporadic in appearance.
Back to top Go down
http://jurassica.net
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 25, 2016 1:14 pm

I wanted to join sooner via October-November 2014, but things were getting ugly and Ty threatened to shut down the place because people were verbally destroying each other. TRK was locking posts left and right every few days. Debates never seemed to end. It was a mess. That's why I didn't blame Ty at all for shutting down JPL like a lot of other people did.

That said, I'm glad he didn't shut it down in 2014. Joining it back in early 2015 was a great thing. Perhaps it was a sign that my interest in Jurassic Park, and thus large bit of my childhood, was coming back to life, or at least waking up after a very long slumber.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2016 11:00 pm

Considering we're doing alright around here so far, I've been pretty happy. However, I get a little tinge of sadness once in a while, when I got to type in JPToys, and the first thing to always pop up is the JPL links my PC still has stored.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JPLegacy Memorial Thread   JPLegacy Memorial Thread - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JPLegacy Memorial Thread
Page 3 of 14Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 8 ... 14  Next