Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

JA Bayona is directing JW2.

Go down 
+14
FoxHound4690
Herrerasaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaur4.4
Lost
Prehistoric
evolution_rex
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Aegyptiacus3
dance2nite
Dr. Wu
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

JA Bayona is directing JW2. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: JA Bayona is directing JW2.   JA Bayona is directing JW2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 2:50 am

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
I know it's still too early, but so far, I'm very glad that J.A. Bayona was picked as the director. The fact that he stood his ground and forced Universal to put in more animatronics and ordered some re-writes means that he knows what he's doing and is more then wiling to fight the higher-ups. I like that in people. I hope he makes JW3/JP6, but if not, then I hope the next director is able to do all things like Bayona has.

He ordered re-writes? Where did you find this info?

Jurassic Outpost said that some small rewrites occurred last summer under Bayona's guidance. Don't know if more took place while filming or just before filming began though? doubt it would have been very much if they did.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: JA Bayona is directing JW2.   JA Bayona is directing JW2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 7:24 am

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Matt reeves hasnt disappointed me yet personally. I think he'd make a great film. Unfortunately I think he'll probably be tangled up in something else when the time comes. 

I want Alfonso Cuarón personally. I think he'd make beautiful film.
wow i'm surprised that i did not think of him but i'd be down for that choice. deep down i still have this hope that spielberg would return but he probably does not have the passion for these films anymore, i guess these new directors would be the way to go from now on.

Spielberg doesn't care as much as he used to. Look at how he sat on his hands and let JP3 and the Transformers movie series since the first sequel get run into the ground. And even then, considering how his last blockbuster movie, The BFG. bombed hard here in the United States, a lot of people are wondering if he still has the magic he had in the 80's-90's. Yeah, Lincoln almost won the Oscar for Best Picture, but I consider that an anomaly since it took at least 4 years to make.

I just think that he needs to outright retire.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: JA Bayona is directing JW2.   JA Bayona is directing JW2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 8:35 am

Spielberg just seems to be more interested in serious dramas these days. By all accounts, he has lost a lot of his populist mojo from the 70s through the 90s. I don't know that his point of view meshes will with the modern world. Chris Nolan has kind of taken that role from Spielberg in the last decade or so.

Funny that someone mentioned Brad Bird when discussing critical reception. I've long thought he will be the director of the 3rd film. He is close with Trevorrow and will release Incredibles 2 next summer. The timing just seems to really work out for all involved.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: JA Bayona is directing JW2.   JA Bayona is directing JW2. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 07, 2017 3:07 pm

SPielberg still makes decent movies but yea they are not as good as his older movies, but luckily he is going back to making blockbusters (Ready Player One).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JA Bayona is directing JW2.   JA Bayona is directing JW2. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JA Bayona is directing JW2.
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2