Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal

Go down 
+31
Randomosaur
SmugTheFab
Camarasaur8
Spiegel
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
TheDreamMaster
Spinosaur4.4
Minmi
Theta Rex
tigris115
Lord Kristine
JPMalcolmDilo
Rhedosaurus
evolution_rex
Fossildude747
Dr. Wu
Raptor Blue
TheRexMan22
CaptainNoodles
Katana
Gojira2014
CloneTrooper101
Prowler
CT-1138
Levine
Sickle_Claw
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Dead2009
Océane
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 3:04 pm

Warning: This is a really, really, really heavy post incoming. It deals with anger and heartbreak,
Left vs Right, and my ties to the online Brony reviewing community. And it's personal a very personal account. If you don't want to get into it, or if you read halfway through but can't finish it, I can't blame you. Same if you felt appalled or put off by what I have had to say. Simply judge as you see fit.

I don't want to be in love, and yet I can't help it. :

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 3:38 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I hate my father. There were times in my life where he really did act like one (1997-1999, 2002, and 2004-2007.) But other then those time periods, he never really was my father. He was always short tempered and always the first to punish me before I could get my side. During my elementary school days, he encouraged me to fight back against bullies, but when I to middle school, he changed. During 7th grade I did some typical dumb teenage stuff, but people took it the wrong way and hated me, framed me for things I never did. One time, I did nothing wrong and not only did I get a, ISS, (In school  suspension and then he beat me without hearing my side first. Then when I fought back against a bully in school, he spit on me without hearing my side. It wasn't until my mother yelled at him did he stop being so pre-accusitory toward me.

Now he's even worse. He uses racial slurs on a common basis, has his 'guilty until proven innocent' mindset put on steroids, and has basically become Archie Bunker x100. The way I see it, our relationship is a semi-parasitic one. If he can see people at the lowest common denominator, then I'm doing the same thing to him. To me, he's just a means to an end. Nothing more, nothing less. With that being said, if he were to die of a heart attack, get hit by a car, etc, or at the very least have his vocal cords damaged beyond all hope of surgical repair, then I would be a very happy man.

What's worse is that I plan to be an author, I have a book in progress right now, and I'm worried that his...behavior will affect it's success. What's worse is that he's making me work at the same lousy job (I mentioned it earlier on this page) 'until you find a better job. That's how it's done.' Sorry, but I can't mentally handle my shitty job anymore. Besides, if I quit my job now, then at least I have a path to some sort of future. With the job I have, I don't have ANY future.

The more I think about it, I have have never wanted/hated anybody else then the man who calls himself my father. The way I see it, other then a few short time periods here and there, he was never my dad, and I was never his son.

I hope you pardon this double post, but I needed to address this in a separate post.

Rhedo, I am really, gravely sorry that your father is not the dad you should have had. All things considered, I think you're a good friend, and one who has shown strength of character despite the sh*t that we deal with here or in other venues.

I can't say I can really say a thing that suggests I know how that feels. The best way I can describe my Dad is that... we're more alike than we both like to admit. Not just in appearance, but mannerisms and sensibilities. I consider myself very fortunate for that. But I hope you have found others in your life who you could call role models and shaped you into the person today. Its like Yonduu said in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2:

"He may be your father, but he ain't your Daddy."

And I know a few friends whose relatives did not consider their birth fathers their real dads. I know this isn't much, but I assure you that you need not feel abused or unwelcome here. I hope you're able to move on from that dead-end job and onto your real path of choice.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 6:40 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
I hate my father. There were times in my life where he really did act like one (1997-1999, 2002, and 2004-2007.) But other then those time periods, he never really was my father. He was always short tempered and always the first to punish me before I could get my side. During my elementary school days, he encouraged me to fight back against bullies, but when I to middle school, he changed. During 7th grade I did some typical dumb teenage stuff, but people took it the wrong way and hated me, framed me for things I never did. One time, I did nothing wrong and not only did I get a, ISS, (In school  suspension and then he beat me without hearing my side first. Then when I fought back against a bully in school, he spit on me without hearing my side. It wasn't until my mother yelled at him did he stop being so pre-accusitory toward me.

Now he's even worse. He uses racial slurs on a common basis, has his 'guilty until proven innocent' mindset put on steroids, and has basically become Archie Bunker x100. The way I see it, our relationship is a semi-parasitic one. If he can see people at the lowest common denominator, then I'm doing the same thing to him. To me, he's just a means to an end. Nothing more, nothing less. With that being said, if he were to die of a heart attack, get hit by a car, etc, or at the very least have his vocal cords damaged beyond all hope of surgical repair, then I would be a very happy man.

What's worse is that I plan to be an author, I have a book in progress right now, and I'm worried that his...behavior will affect it's success. What's worse is that he's making me work at the same lousy job (I mentioned it earlier on this page) 'until you find a better job. That's how it's done.' Sorry, but I can't mentally handle my shitty job anymore. Besides, if I quit my job now, then at least I have a path to some sort of future. With the job I have, I don't have ANY future.

The more I think about it, I have have never wanted/hated anybody else then the man who calls himself my father. The way I see it, other then a few short time periods here and there, he was never my dad, and I was never his son.

I hope you pardon this double post, but I needed to address this in a separate post.

Rhedo, I am really, gravely sorry that your father is not the dad you should have had. All things considered, I think you're a good friend, and one who has shown strength of character despite the sh*t that we deal with here or in other venues.

I can't say I can really say a thing that suggests I know how that feels. The best way I can describe my Dad is that... we're more alike than we both like to admit. Not just in appearance, but mannerisms and sensibilities. I consider myself very fortunate for that. But I hope you have found others in your life who you could call role models and shaped you into the person today. Its like Yondu said in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2:

"He may be your father, but he ain't your Daddy."

And I know a few friends whose relatives did not consider their birth fathers their real dads. I know this isn't much, but I assure you that you need not feel abused or unwelcome here. I hope you're able to move on from that dead-end job and onto your real path of choice.

Thanks. It's much appreciated. It's just that my dad is just so careless about anybody, that I just consider him only useful for what I want. Not only that, but my crappy job has been grinding on me for so long, that I feel that I'm slowly turning into a non-racist version of him. I.E. A grumpy attitude but without the racism. I do plan to quit my job soon so that should get the ball rolling in a good way.

As for your friend.
Spoiler:

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:06 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Thanks. It's much appreciated. It's just that my dad is just so careless about anybody, that I just consider him only useful for what I want. Not only that, but my crappy job has been grinding on me for so long, that I feel that I'm slowly turning into a non-racist version of him. I.E. A grumpy attitude but without the racism. I do plan to quit my job soon so that should get the ball rolling in a good way.

As for your friend.
Spoiler:

Thank you for your thoughtful response, and for not thinking too harshly of me. I've had some time to think over what I said, and it was more fueled by a mix of negative emotions than I would have realistically allowed.

Spoiler:

Still, if your overall advice is "don't give up on her", then consider it done.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:35 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

As for your friend.
Spoiler:

Thank you for your thoughtful response, and for not thinking too harshly of me. I've had some time to think over what I said, and it was more fueled by a mix of negative emotions than I would have realistically allowed.

Spoiler:

No prob. And I know what you mean by being fueled by negative emotions. I've always had somewhat of an anger management problem, even before all this. I'm really the opposite of that, but when I'm in a grouchy mood, I just become an angry, old, disgruntled, battle-scarred grizzly bear after waking up from hibernation.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 1:09 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

As for your friend.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Barry you're a really good person! And I totally understand the religion thing. My love was cut off from me simply because I did not believe and I was heartbroken. Absolutely heartbroken and I don't know if I'll ever find someone like her. 

But it can definitely work. I know people it's worked for that have completely different political views and have come together for a an extremely positive change(my parents for example). I know obviously her politics might anger and scare you, but I often find that calm discourse between both parties can bring extreme understanding and compassion far more than people just sticking with "their own kind" so to speak. 

I get your fear but don't give up! If things don't work out atleast you know you will have tried your hardest.

Wow, I'm really terrible with words and comforting people as I read this message back. But I'll always try. My PM box is always open man. And I think Rhed is giving you good advice.

Much love to you!
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 4:14 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

As for your friend.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Barry you're a really good person! And I totally understand the religion thing. My love was cut off from me simply because I did not believe and I was heartbroken. Absolutely heartbroken and I don't know if I'll ever find someone like her. 

But it can definitely work. I know people it's worked for that have completely different political views and have come together for a an extremely positive change(my parents for example). I know obviously her politics might anger and scare you, but I often find that calm discourse between both parties can bring extreme understanding and compassion far more than people just sticking with "their own kind" so to speak. 

I get your fear but don't give up! If things don't work out atleast you know you will have tried your hardest.

Wow, I'm really terrible with words and comforting people as I read this message back. But I'll always try. My PM box is always open man. And I think Rhed is giving you good advice.

Much love to you!

Thank you for your kind words, Troyal.

After having some time to simmer down from my outburst and gaining some perspective on it, I'm grateful to both you and Rhedo for your advice and encouragement.

If a year form now I can say that I don't let fear and anger rule me or my decisions, than I would consider that a fine achievement.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 9:46 pm

I got really REALLY depressed last night. Did not sleep a wink  and cried most of the night. Does anyone else have crying spells that are random? I took a bunch of pills today to get high and I just don't know how to deal right now.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:49 pm

Wow. Today I got so angry. Still regret for not killing/beating the crap out of an useless piece of lowlife sh*t. Bastard tried to mess with my dad inside the car. I only remember shouting "f*ck off you son of a bitch" and throwing a lot of slurs. The piece of sh*t did nothing, of course. He wouldn't dare. Me and my dad would break him so bad, that piece of sh*t that isn't even worth to be used as pavement of streets. Lowlife scum. Ugh. So lucky I don't have a gun. Sometimes I imagine myself just killing those useless bastads. f*ck them. Useless, that's what they are. At least I'm going to be a scientist and help humanity.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:50 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I got really REALLY depressed last night. Did not sleep a wink  and cried most of the night. Does anyone else have crying spells that are random? I took a bunch of pills today to get high and I just don't know how to deal right now.
Yep, sometimes I cry and have anxiety issues too, specially those last days.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 10:55 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

Please stop with the pills. I've had 2 friends that died from drug overdose: One was back in 2009 after a fight with his girlfriend, and the other a few years ago. You might want to try self-hypnosis or something, but stop with the drugs man.

Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 1:47 am

I don't know how many of you remember him, but on the Pets thread I posted a picture of my dog, Taz. Well mere hours ago he passed away. He was only 2, just a little boy! It just hurts to think he had so much left in him, but he just fell ill so suddenly, and now he's gone... And I only feel worse knowing that my tortoise and my other dog Lillie will never understand that he's gone, no matter how many times I tell them. Rest in peace, Edward Tasmanian Navarro.
I would put this in the passings thread, but I feel like that's more for celebrities, idk

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 1:56 am

Océane wrote:
I don't know how many of you remember him, but on the Pets thread I posted a picture of my dog, Taz. Well mere hours ago he passed away. He was only 2, just a little boy! It just hurts to think he had so much left in him, but he just fell ill so suddenly, and now he's gone... And I only feel worse knowing that my tortoise and my other dog Lillie will never understand that he's gone, no matter how many times I tell them. Rest in peace, Edward Tasmanian Navarro.
I would put this in the passings thread, but I feel like that's more for celebrities, idk

Damn im so sorry for your loss. It always sucks to lose a pet, it really does beyond belief.

Océane

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 2:22 am

Thank you, it means a lot. I also want to share a bit of a story. When I first got Taz 2 years ago, I was humming the Jurassic Park theme to him while he fell asleep. While I was petting him for the last time tonight, I hummed the melody once more.

Theta Rex
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Theta Rex

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 5:30 am

Océane wrote:

Eh, I once stuck a post about the death of a tortoise (a relatively famous one, but a tortoise still) in the old site's thread so I'd imagine it's alright.

Anyways, that's pretty disheartening news. Losing a pet is never especially easy, even when they do live through their golden years and pass on gracefully (I know I'm saying this as someone who's never owned anything bigger than a goldfish but whatever, fish are amazing too). At least he got all the love and compassion he could've hoped for in the two short years you were together, I'm certain.

Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 2:20 pm

Science needs better journalism coverage.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 08, 2017 2:29 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Science needs better journalism coverage.
This.

Also, I'm so sorry for you loss. I have a 14 year old dog and I don't want to think about when he's going to die.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 6:27 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Somebody's been giving me negative rep.

I will find you Evil or Very Mad

This just happened to me as well. I wasn't here yesterday because I couldn't get online and when I got here, my rep went from 33 down to 25.

Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 1:07 am

Océane wrote:
My most heartfelt condolences. I lost a dog once, and it sucked. When you adopt these animals into your household, their less like pets and more like members of the family. The unfortunate thing is, a dog or cat tends to live a lot shorter than a human, so you don't get to share as much time with them.
I hope your little puppy's passing was painless and peaceful. I pray that God will be with you and your family during this hard time.

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 11:19 pm

[quote="TheRexMan22"]
Océane wrote:

My most heartfelt condolences. I lost a dog once, and it sucked. When you adopt these animals into your household, their less like pets and more like members of the family. The unfortunate thing is, a dog or cat tends to live a lot shorter than a human, so you don't get to share as much time with them.
I hope your little puppy's passing was painless and peaceful. I pray that God will be with you and your family during this hard time.
Thank you, it really means a lot.

evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 24, 2017 12:03 am

I wish I could communicate with other people without thinking terrible things about myself. It seems the more people I communicate with the worse it gets. I've been taking antidepressants for a few months now and I'm slowly getting my life in order after three years of life crippling depression, but the medication only improves how I react my thoughts. Right now my head feels like they're so full of them that I want to break down.

If I chat with people for too long, I feel that I'm annoying that person. With my friends I feel I'm being too pushy or come off as too desperate or being an asshole. I feel like I'm constantly accidentally insulting people, offending everyone with me existing. I feel that I'm annoying the people I talk to, even though they swear they like me and am their friend, and I begin to get paranoid that their lying to me out of pity. These people who I'm suppose to be friends with I can't even trust because of my own stupid paranoia.

I was hanging out with friends yesterday, and I think that's what triggered it. I have a good time with people and afterwards my mind just has to believe that I couldn't have had a good time. But even though I'm being told my thoughts are false and I inside know their false, I can't help but keep thinking about them and the possibility that they are in fact true.

EDIT:

That, ladies and gentlemen, is what a panic attack looks like in writing. I was able to calm down through talking to my friends.

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 9:02 pm

This week was the week from hell at work. I work at a toy store and part of my job is being in the backroom bringing out all the product that may or may not be on the floor and well...it can be tedious, especially if you're hit all at once. Not to mention my supervisor was on vacation and the store manager that came in a few months back is a delegater. Also if he calls you over the walkie and you're not up front fast enough, he calls you every 30 seconds. He's a good dude, but that crap irritates the holy hell out of me. That being said, I had to work with just him for 3 days this week and my god...he literally drove me up a wall. There was a point where I had to tell him that he and the girls up front had to give me a chance to bring the product up because A. I had to literally dig something out because the backroom was a mess and B. he was calling over the intercom every 5 seconds because I wasnt there and the walkies were acting up. Not to mention we're understaffed at the moment and I essentially have 40 things on my plate every time Im running the back so it can get stressing.

What really killed my mood is losing out on a promotion for a department supervisor position I had applied for back in January. A friend of mine was retiring at the end of the year last year and flat out told me that she had wanted me to take her spot because she wanted someone who knew what they were doing to run it, and I know the section of the store that she had. This is where I feel like myself and a few others in my store got literally screwed over. We had to do re-interviews for that spot this past week with the current store manager (who came from another store) and decision day was yesterday. Well...that decision turned out to be a chick from the store that he used to work at, and he and that store manager are like best friends. So I feel like I got screwed because he picked someone his best friend recommended, and I've decided I'm not gonna bust my ass like I've been doing for the past 6 months because of it. I did meet the girl who got promoted today and well, she doesnt seem like the most cheerful. I guess it's because she's in a new store and doesnt really know anyone, but the people that are there now all get along and crack jokes and what not with each other. I have a feeling she wont last.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 25, 2017 10:18 pm

Welp. Learned another thing about being obsessed with fandom again. And reminded of 'my place'. All right. If thats how it is, then I'll just sit on the sidelines watching this movie like a general public member and being like 'meh' in my approach to things.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 11:31 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Welp. Learned another thing about being obsessed with fandom again. And reminded of 'my place'. All right. If thats how it is, then I'll just sit on the sidelines watching this movie like a general public member and being like 'meh' in my approach to things.

What happened?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 5:12 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

What happened?

Let me guess... You got dragged into a flame war JPL-the bad ol' days style on some other site/social media outlet like Reddit, didn't you?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 26, 2017 5:21 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

What happened?

Let me guess... You got dragged into a flame war JPL-the bad ol' days style on some other site/social media outlet like Reddit, didn't you?

Nope

What happened was I found info about the teaser possibly being at Comic con. Made an article on scified. Two days later it gets debunked.

Like seriously considering quitting news stuff entirely.

Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 06, 2017 9:13 pm

So as some you who have checked the Passings thread know, my Grandma passed last week. It's been hard for the whole family, however it's been really hard on my cousin who is ten years older than me, because he's also been suddenly dropped into basically a divorce and his wife no longer wants anything to do with him or their kid.

I got to spend my July 4th, just after shooting off some fireworks, helping my aunt track him down and get the police because he was threatening to jump off a bridge. We found him and he was stopped but it was one of the scarier experiences of my life. I'm hoping he can get help, because I know a lot of problems and hurt has been dumped on him at once and he feels like it's too much. I'm mostly just blowing off steam because it was another stressful event piling on top of my stress and sadness from last week.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 7:57 pm

All I gotta say is f*ck dating. I had two identical profiles. One of my real pictures and one with fakes. And of course the one with fakes got blown up with messages. One girl(who wasn't even attractive) asked my real profile if I'd like to go to the movies. But then she asked for another pic. She said my weight was a bit of an issue (I have baby fat) and that she's only attracted to really lean guys.

Seriously... I don't understand how girls who aren't even attractive seem to have this entitlement attitude that only guys who are extremely good looking are acceptable. I know people in general would rather have a "really hot" partner but come on, how can you look like that and be picky? 

At this point I wish I was born gay or asexual as plenty of guys hit me up and apparently I'm not good enough for even 1/10 girls on the physical attractiveness scale. Maybe I'm just an abomination like the indominus Rex Sad
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 8:00 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
All I gotta say is f*ck dating. I had two identical profiles. One of my real pictures and one with fakes. And of course the one with fakes got blown up with messages. One girl(who wasn't even attractive) asked my real profile if I'd like to go to the movies. But then she asked for another pic. She said my weight was a bit of an issue (I have baby fat) and that she's only attracted to really lean guys.

Seriously... I don't understand how girls who aren't even attractive seem to have this entitlement attitude that only guys who are extremely good looking are acceptable. I know people in general would rather have a "really hot" partner but come on, how can you look like that and be picky? 

At this point I wish I was born gay or asexual as plenty of guys hit me up and apparently I'm not good enough for even 1/10 girls on the physical attractiveness scale. Maybe I'm just an abomination like the indominus Rex Sad

Ehh, I'd stay away from dating sites. They're generally pretty awful.

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 9:39 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Ehh, I'd stay away from dating sites. They're generally pretty awful.

Yeah im kind of iffy...Ive even done the thing on Tinder where you swipe blindly to the right for your 100 swipes a day and still get no matches with my best pics. (Im pretty okay looking)

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal
Page 7 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12 ... 17  Next