Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal

Go down 
+31
Randomosaur
SmugTheFab
Camarasaur8
Spiegel
BarrytheOnyx
Tyrant Lizard
TheDreamMaster
Spinosaur4.4
Minmi
Theta Rex
tigris115
Lord Kristine
JPMalcolmDilo
Rhedosaurus
evolution_rex
Fossildude747
Dr. Wu
Raptor Blue
TheRexMan22
CaptainNoodles
Katana
Gojira2014
CloneTrooper101
Prowler
CT-1138
Levine
Sickle_Claw
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Dead2009
Océane
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 9:53 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
All I gotta say is f*ck dating. I had two identical profiles. One of my real pictures and one with fakes. And of course the one with fakes got blown up with messages. One girl(who wasn't even attractive) asked my real profile if I'd like to go to the movies. But then she asked for another pic. She said my weight was a bit of an issue (I have baby fat) and that she's only attracted to really lean guys.

Seriously... I don't understand how girls who aren't even attractive seem to have this entitlement attitude that only guys who are extremely good looking are acceptable. I know people in general would rather have a "really hot" partner but come on, how can you look like that and be picky? 

At this point I wish I was born gay or asexual as plenty of guys hit me up and apparently I'm not good enough for even 1/10 girls on the physical attractiveness scale. Maybe I'm just an abomination like the indominus Rex Sad

Ehh, I'd stay away from dating sites. They're generally pretty awful.

Yeah im kind of iffy...Ive even done the thing on Tinder where you swipe blindly to the right for your 100 swipes a day and still get no matches with my best pics. (Im pretty okay looking)
^^^ this. I feel like dating in this world(especially online) was made for super models as of late.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 10:00 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
All I gotta say is f*ck dating. I had two identical profiles. One of my real pictures and one with fakes. And of course the one with fakes got blown up with messages. One girl(who wasn't even attractive) asked my real profile if I'd like to go to the movies. But then she asked for another pic. She said my weight was a bit of an issue (I have baby fat) and that she's only attracted to really lean guys.

Seriously... I don't understand how girls who aren't even attractive seem to have this entitlement attitude that only guys who are extremely good looking are acceptable. I know people in general would rather have a "really hot" partner but come on, how can you look like that and be picky? 

At this point I wish I was born gay or asexual as plenty of guys hit me up and apparently I'm not good enough for even 1/10 girls on the physical attractiveness scale. Maybe I'm just an abomination like the indominus Rex Sad

Yeah im kind of iffy...Ive even done the thing on Tinder where you swipe blindly to the right for your 100 swipes a day and still get no matches with my best pics. (Im pretty okay looking)
^^^ this. I feel like dating in this world(especially online) was made for super models as of late.

Some of you guys like Spino4.4 OR Troyal who follow me on twitter know what I look like IRL and know that I look pretty average. Which theoretically should equal at least some interest. But it seems that everyone is looking for at least an 8 and above.. Yeah. Even when the rare moments where someone likes me back on a dating site I check back later after sending a message only to find out it says they are 'online' and its been a few hours since I sent it?

I mean I get it. Attractive women literally have hundreds of guys sending them messages every day. Even average women do. My only hope i feel sometimes is to just be normal in the real world and hope to god I dont accidentally bungle interactions with people.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Some of you guys like Spino4.4 OR Troyal who follow me on twitter know what I look like IRL and know that I look pretty average. Which theoretically should equal at least some interest. But it seems that everyone is looking for at least an 8 and above.. Yeah. Even when the rare moments where someone likes me back on a dating site I check back later after sending a message only to find out it says they are 'online' and its been a few hours since I sent it?

I mean I get it. Attractive women literally have hundreds of guys sending them messages every day. Even average women do. My only hope i feel sometimes is to just be normal in the real world and hope to god I dont accidentally bungle interactions with people.

Incidentally, you're a good looking dude I approve!

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 10:57 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Thanks man. Yeah I start my new master's program at a new university in the Fall, so Im hoping that with this (I'll be there at least 3 years) I will have some more chances to meet new people in the Graduate program there. (I'll be like 30 when I graduate from that with my second master's degree)

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 11:13 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I agree. Most people on this forum are pretty good looking from what I've seen(besides me). 

We are amazing. Just the world that sucks :p

But yeah sickle I hope you meet someone nice at college man.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 11:36 pm

I wish I could help but this feels so "other universe" to me. I never really cared about wanting a girlfriend or felt atracted by anyone. I just find sexual relationships and stuff futile.  Neutral

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 11, 2017 2:39 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I agree. Most people on this forum are pretty good looking from what I've seen(besides me). 

We are amazing. Just the world that sucks :p

But yeah sickle I hope you meet someone nice at college man.

Thanks man, means a lot. Also I am doing exercise regimen as well by trying to do walking every morning for 3 miles or so. Hopefully trying to make 10 miles walking of exercise a week. And yeah, basically trying to make sure I have everything organized and all that.

And dont worry Spino4.4, relationships aren't everything and not everyone desires the same thing so dont feel bad for not wanting one.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 7:29 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

I'm a very fat dude with nothing more than a high school education, no job, and who lives with his parents, but I get responses occasionally. It's not common, and due to my financial situation and my mental issues I have to actually turn down meeting these people (I shouldn't go to dating sites in the first place because I know I can't date anyone but it's a great feeling to know that if I could escape my NEET-habits then I might actually be able to find love). Point is, if I can get women to talk to me then I'm pretty sure you can too.

I heavily, heavily suggest that you try to fix yourself though first. You need to find more respect for women, because rating them on a scale from 1 to 10 and believing that a woman should go for a guy like you because you think she's ugly is in my opinion a very toxic way to think. If you care about looks, then it shouldn't surprise you that they do too.

And fixing yourself goes beyond that too. Just in general explore life any way you can, get out of your comfort zone, and you'll eventually find yourself in situations where you can meet people. You, like me, are probably an introvert, so that can be hard and god knows it's hard for me, but you're not gonna meet anyone by hanging out in your room all day, you know?

http://letterboxd.com/evolution_rex/
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 9:15 pm

I mean, I belive guys and girls care about looks. Both care. Both want and seeks the most attractive IMO.

It's human nature to do that.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 15, 2017 10:27 pm

evolution_rex wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I'm a very fat dude with nothing more than a high school education, no job, and who lives with his parents, but I get responses occasionally. It's not common, and due to my financial situation and my mental issues I have to actually turn down meeting these people (I shouldn't go to dating sites in the first place because I know I can't date anyone but it's a great feeling to know that if I could escape my NEET-habits then I might actually be able to find love). Point is, if I can get women to talk to me then I'm pretty sure you can too.

I heavily, heavily suggest that you try to fix yourself though first. You need to find more respect for women, because rating them on a scale from 1 to 10 and believing that a woman should go for a guy like you because you think she's ugly is in my opinion a very toxic way to think. If you care about looks, then it shouldn't surprise you that they do too.

And fixing yourself goes beyond that too. Just in general explore life any way you can, get out of your comfort zone, and you'll eventually find yourself in situations where you can meet people. You, like me, are probably an introvert, so that can be hard and god knows it's hard for me, but you're not gonna meet anyone by hanging out in your room all day, you know?

1. Bro I totally don't want you think I'm only judging women based on looks, and you're right that I'm not entitled to any responses from anyone. It's just that I get so frustrated that I'm not even going after physically attractive women and yet these same women will reply to me with a fake picture (good looking). Do you see what I mean? I'm the same person....  Just a different picture. The expectations are so high. And please don't think I'm sexist I know so many men who do the same thing. It's the blow off stream thread and sometimes rash things are said when upset. I definitely don't think I deserve responses from women and I realize women are a lot more than just looks.  

2. I'm very sorry about your situation. Much of what you say actually strikes a huge cord with me. You should PM me sometime as I was 18 and ready to go to college when I got bad health problems. Live with my parents and I'm 23. And I totally relate to the feeling of wanting a GF but at the same time having absolutely no idea if I'd even be able to take care of one. I'm in the hospital a lot, can't work etc. I'm trying to fix myself but it's hard.

One thing I will never be able to fix is having mild autism which impacts social skills. Sure I can get better with that too, but I will never be "normal" if that make sense.

That's why I'm so frustrated. Everyone in life (real life friends) is pulling ahead of me and having kids and it's like I'm watching from a bubble. I feel trapped and unable to prusue things because in many ways I physically can't. 

But if I ever can get past these health problems I plan to give it all I got, go for my dream career and hopefully I'll meet someone special. Thanks for your response.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 12:02 am

I feel like I'm weirdly on both sides of you guys problems. I also only have a high school diploma. I've struggled with weight problems all my life and am very fat. Yet I also am on my own, and have a wife and kids. As a younger guy I struggled too with relationships and such, and trust me, things get better as you get older. Troya, at 23 you are hitting that general area where women start looking at more, trust me, despite being in a long term relationship, I started seeing more women looking at me despite some outward appearances (I don't find myself ugly, but through school I found many were just turned off by my weight problems.) I'm still trying to find something to help me manage said weight problems, with now even though it's not caused any extra problems or diseases, I know I'm pretty high risk for a lot of things at the drop of a hat.

If you guys ever need to talk, feel free to PM me. I'm a good listener if anything.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 1:03 am

Incidentally, I've pretty much given up on being proactive when it comes to relationships. If something comes along, great. If not, oh well. I enjoy my privacy anyways.

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 1:40 am

Troyal1 wrote:
evolution_rex wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

1. Bro I totally don't want you think I'm only judging women based on looks, and you're right that I'm not entitled to any responses from anyone. It's just that I get so frustrated that I'm not even going after physically attractive women and yet these same women will reply to me with a fake picture (good looking). Do you see what I mean? I'm the same person....  Just a different picture. The expectations are so high. And please don't think I'm sexist I know so many men who do the same thing. It's the blow off stream thread and sometimes rash things are said when upset. I definitely don't think I deserve responses from women and I realize women are a lot more than just looks.  

2. I'm very sorry about your situation. Much of what you say actually strikes a huge cord with me. You should PM me sometime as I was 18 and ready to go to college when I got bad health problems. Live with my parents and I'm 23. And I totally relate to the feeling of wanting a GF but at the same time having absolutely no idea if I'd even be able to take care of one. I'm in the hospital a lot, can't work etc. I'm trying to fix myself but it's hard.

One thing I will never be able to fix is having mild autism which impacts social skills. Sure I can get better with that too, but I will never be "normal" if that make sense.

That's why I'm so frustrated. Everyone in life (real life friends) is pulling ahead of me and having kids and it's like I'm watching from a bubble. I feel trapped and unable to prusue things because in many ways I physically can't. 

But if I ever can get past these health problems I plan to give it all I got, go for my dream career and hopefully I'll meet someone special. Thanks for your response.

Yeah its kind of where Im at where I'm like 27 and still feel like I'm barely 20...yeah also kind of feeling like Im still trying to find a balance. Yeah it could be worse. Im living with my parents at 27, and my second master's degree basically says that I'll graduate in 2030. So I'll be living with my parents until Im 30. Sad At least I'll have 2 master's degrees? But with not that much work experience (believe me Im doing my best to try to get a part time job at my new university)

But yeah I get the feeling of like realizing Leagues exist. And that Im sometimes not happy at my appearance when I look in the mirror. I wish I could lose just a bit more weight. Like I'm 'average' but I feel that like thats not good enough. Like Ive tried exercising, but that doesnt get rid of it...next week Im doing a mini vacation (comic con) and I'm going to start a diet after that. Thinking about at least trying to get myself slimmed down a bit more so maybe I can hit that 'sweet spot' or whatever people are looking for in ok cupid/tinder/bumble/whatever. It kind of hurts too that my sister has been in a relationship for a year so far and I cant help but be jealous of her success although I am supportive and want her to be happy.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 11:00 am

Sickle Claw, I've seen what you look like on your facebook. You don't need to lose any weight. Maybe gain some muscle, but that's about it.

Since the beginning of 2017 I've been slowly improving myself in ways I can. It started with telling my parents that not only was I depressed but that I'd suffered from extreme anxiety since I was a kid, then it was seeking therapy, then antidepressants, and today is my first day volunteering at an animal shelter. I'm volunteering not only to get me out of the house but to get me prepared for getting to work, which I sincerely hope I end up doing soon.

In general my outlook on life has changed a lot. I've been hanging around with my friends more often, and if I'm not hanging out with them then I'm messaging someone on facebook. I've been a lot more cheesier lately, peeling away a lot of my past ironic cynicism that I used to cover up my depression with genuine honesty and love for others around me. I refuse to call anyone ugly anymore, to say mean things to anyone for the sake of being mean, etc. I'm far, far from being where I want to be, but for the first time in three years I'm making progress toward something.

I say all this because I think a lot of us nerdy weirdos are in the same boat of depression even if we don't know it, and I think everyone here should focus on making themselves happy. And I don't mean the small mild sense of comfort you get by playing games all day or watching Jurassic Park on TV, I mean really, genuinely happy with yourself. And, on the side, I think you'll find that that happiness is infectious and people will want to be around you.

At least, I hope. It seems to be going that way for me. I don't have it all figured out, I'm learning as I go.

but since we're on the topic of dating, I guess I'm gonna have to talk about this:

In high school, I had one girlfriend and it lasted two weeks. Shortly after that, though, a girl messaged me on facebook and we hit it off. But, she was too good looking, just way too out of my league, and her personality was completely different. Yet we loved talking to one another. But I was a cringey kid, and I just thought that if we were to hang out in real life, we wouldn't like each other. So at first I made up the lie that I didn't want to hang out because I'd just broken up with someone, but we ended up to where we ignored each other in real life and would text each other constantly.

The problem was, she dated a lot of guys. A lot. It ended up being a situation where she dated guys, and on the side we'd message each other saying we love each other and would, you know, text naughty things. It was weird. Eventually I couldn't handle being the texting mistress and I broke it off, but we were essentially on and off talking throughout high school. At one point she was dating a guy way too old for her and I got in contact with her father and told him about it, which I did entirely out of spite, and she got angry and we didn't talk to each other for a long time.

Fast forward to last year, I get a message from her on facebook and after she breaks up with her boyfriend. We talk for a couple weeks, but she unfriends me as soon as she gets back together with her boyfriend. Fast forward to about a month ago, and I get a friend request on facebook and I message her this time, and we've been talking since.

She knows I'm getting a thing for her, I've told her, and I've told I want to hang out in person. She knows I have mental issues, I'm depressed, and that I have no job, but I don't think she actually grasps it. We haven't really done anything yet, aka 'sexting' as you'd call it, but she continues to message me even knowing that I have a thing for her (and, by the way, this isn't a one-way conversation. Sometimes I'm the first to message, sometimes she is) and there are times where I feel she wants me to say something romantic or something and sometimes I do but I don't want to misread signals. She also sends me a lot of pictures of herself, not sexual or anything, just pictures (which with the rise of snapchat and instagram sending pictures doesn't always mean anything)

I'm worried that she's going to get with a guy and I won't hear from her for another year. I asked her not to, I told her that it'd be messed up, and she said she wouldn't, but I don't really know. She told me at one point she was talking to a guy, but recently said that they were no longer talking. I've seen her talk weirdly to her ex on facebook, which she's told me that she's absolutely never getting back together with him because she says he tried to hit her, but I think something is up because you don't remain friends with someone like that. So, basically I don't trust her.

One of my friends has described her as "nasty" and my brother thinks she's using me for attention when she's not getting any from other guys, and I think they may be right. But when she messages me, it's the highlight of my day. And she seems genuinely happy to message me too. I don't know how to react, what to do, or what I'm suppose to think of her. I'd like to remain friends at least.

Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 1:21 pm

Thanks Evo, means a lot. I mean it and makes me feel somewhat better. I have been trying to lift some weights. I lifted weights all week before a fishing trip a few days ago and it seems to have worked despite visible muscle not appearing. I mean, I caught a 10-15 fish (this was ocean fishing) pretty easily. Previous years my arms would be all tired by the fight... so yeah I think if I keep at it I can do it.

Anyway yeah I sympathize Evo. I had this friend who was a cute girl a few years ago. We had a course together and worked in the college archaeology lab together. I talked to her sometimes and to my surprise she seemed to want to talk to me. Now naturally being socially awkward I was taken aback and I of course did my research and didnt see a boyfriend in her Facebook. So I thought to myself...okay, but didnt make a move. Instead I thought I'd 'work up to it' as in just act normal. So one day I am at the lab, boss is gone, we start talking, I work up the nerve to go talk to her....I was going to go ask her if she wanted to go out for Coffee or something like that.

Right as I try to get the words out, the door to the lab...there is a knock and she says 'I'll go get that'. Anyway long story short, this other guy comes in, and she says "Matt, I want you to meet my boyfriend." I was like "....HI, nice to meet you." I shook his hand and then went over to sit on the other side claiming i had to get back to work, but feeling very much like an idiot. Anyway, shortly after, she changed her fb pics/header to a pic of them kissing, etc.... and yeah I saw him come into the lab more and more.

Anyway we still kind of talked but it was always kind of me just still in a bit of shock. Because I had convinced myself then that she had no boyfriend before that moment. That this guy just suddenly came into existence when he knocked on the door (I dont know how to explain it) Anyway there was a weird vibe and i tried to say 'okay i'll just be friends with her' and one day she told a joke and I guess I just reacted weirdly, like I laughed but then her face...it was like she knew or something even though I never said anything.

I didnt see her much after that except for like 6 months later or so when she came back into the lab once briefly. She didn't even look at me as she passed me by, and walked out without saying anything either. I then saw on her fb she went to hawaii with her boyfriend by themselves. I put the pieces together obviously then that they had got a hotel room together.

Haven't talked to her since then. It was just like i don't know. Like its something i should have gotten over but honestly I dont know . Maybe it was bc she shared my passion for archaeology or bc she was a cute girl that actually liked to talk with me...yeah. I know. She probably had the boyfriend long before i knew and she owes me nothing.

But still. I wonder sometimes ...that Im afraid I blew at the very least a friendship over that bc I let my disappointment about the BF take over my mind. Meh. I wonder if its stupid I'm still worrying about this 2 years later. Im not throwing a pity party, just wondering to myself like why I let it bother me.

Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 16, 2017 10:54 pm

In short; Dating. It's complicated. Veeery complicated.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 17, 2017 12:11 pm

I'd say just getting to know a woman you're interested in is very complicated. One minute they show the interest back and the next they dont.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Some days I wish that I could relive my childhood through my high school years again. When things were simple, when people talked about politics without shouting at each other like mental patients, when morals, customs, and traditions still meant something. Now...I see a lot of that meaning nothing. Memorial Day, Independence Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving have been destroyed by retail and greedy, selfish, materialistic slobs who are too lazy to shop online or do it before those holidays. Heck, look at all the injuries and deaths that have occurred via Black Friday shoppers. Even back in my high school days 2002-2006, I could talk to my friends about politics. Now, while I still do from time to time, I see more people verbally killing each other.

It it really that hard to ask to go back to the good ol' days of the 1980's and 1990's?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Some days I wish that I could relive my childhood through my high school years again. When things were simple, when people talked about politics without shouting at each other like mental patients, when morals, customs, and traditions still meant something. Now...I see a lot of that meaning nothing. Memorial Day, Independence Day, Halloween, and Thanksgiving have been destroyed by retail and greedy, selfish, materialistic slobs who are too lazy to shop online or do it before those holidays. Heck, look at all the injuries and deaths that have occurred via Black Friday shoppers. Even back in my high school days 2002-2006, I could talk to my friends about politics. Now, while I still do from time to time, I see more people verbally killing each other.

It it really that hard to ask to go back to the good ol' days of the 1980's and 1990's?

Yes. It is too much to ask lol. Now a days the mandate is "go to work, no fun allowed, everything that is a joke is taken as a direct attack on someone, and people take pride in ruining others lives over different opinions ". 

Welcome to 2017 oh boy!!!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 18, 2017 10:39 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yes. It is too much to ask lol. Now a days the mandate is "go to work, no fun allowed, everything that is a joke is taken as a direct attack on someone, and people take pride in ruining others lives over different opinions ". 

Welcome to 2017 oh boy!!!

Even though I was born in 1988 and spent my childhood in the 90's and early 2000's, I got in to the 1980's back in 2002 via VH1's I Love The 80's and discovered 80's music. The more I think about it, the more I believe that the 1980's was the pinnacle of human civilization. At least here in the United States. While the 1990's was a slight downturn, that too was a golden age. I just wish that we could have those magical days back. That semi-utopian golden age of the 1980's and 1990's back again.

This current age sucks and I have little hope for the future. At least the movies will still be good/respectable...or enough of them anyways.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 5:43 pm

My family dog, Sadie, is going to be put down tomorrow. Last night, we took her to the EMS vet and he noticed via X-Ray that her spleen grew massively. He wasn't sure if it was cancerous or not, but he said the way to solve the problem was through surgery. My dad talked to our family vet, who was the vet for my first dog, Kuma, and he said that due to Sadie's age, 12.5 years old, that she wouldn't make it through the surgery and that if she wasn't put down, the spleen would cause massive bleeding and she would die a slow and painful death.

If there's one good thing about this, it's that I at least have the chance to say good bye to her. I never got that with Kuma, my first dog.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
My family dog, Sadie, is going to be put down tomorrow. Last night, we took her to the EMS vet and he noticed via X-Ray that her spleen grew massively. He wasn't sure if it was cancerous or not, but he said the way to solve the problem was through surgery. My dad talked to our family vet, who was the vet for my first dog, Kuma, and he said that due to Sadie's age, 12.5 years old, that she wouldn't make it through the surgery and that if she wasn't put down, the spleen would cause massive bleeding and she would die a slow and painful death.

If there's one good thing about this, it's that I at least have the chance to say good bye to her. I never got that with Kuma, my first dog.

Dude I'm so sorry. 2 years ago I had to put my dog down(8 years old) because all the sudden he was really slow one week. I can't spell the condition but basically he had a rare heart disease.

Just spend your last moments comforting her and spending time with her. It will be extremely hard, but she will be at peace and her suffering will end completely. But I know that won't make you, the owner feel any better.

The only thing I can say beyond spending time with her is I suggest you go back with her if possible. I know it'll be incredibly hard. I also know this is easier said than done but when my dog died I tried my hardest to think of the good memories associated with him. At first I thought "why did I get this damn dog if it was going to cause such emotional pain on me? Why? I thought to myself. But then i realized the joy and time I had spent with him was the miracle of life and that it was ultimately worth it.

I'm not sure if you have the money but I had my dog cremated. Might sound a little creepy but his ashes are sitting on a wooden box on my shelf and I'm not even kidding when I say it made me feel better somehow. I think it reminds me of the joy because instead of a grave it's a beautiful wooden box.

Anyway dude please PM us and keep us updated. You're in my thoughts. As well as Sadie of course. Good luck and stay strong man.
Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 2:06 am

Had to put down my dog, which I had from age 5 to 20, last year and I still haven't gotten over it (I also had him cremated). I know the feeling all too much so my heart goes out to you. I also have dog currently named Sadie, and the idea of losing her is heartbreaking.

Update on thing with that woman I've been talking to; things have gone really great in the last few days and I know soon I'll have to schedule a time to hang out in person. It basically went into the situation where I having a panic attack and began to think that she wasn't into me at all so I told her I wouldn't her bothered anymore and she responded with a lot of appreciation and made it clear that she did in fact want to talk to me. She's found out that she's getting let go at her work too, a job she got mainly because of connections, so it puts us on a slightly more even playing field.

Still, I absolutely hate that I can't rest fully because I know her and how she operates. I have a distinct feeling that in this whole thing's peak where I begin feeling really good about what we're doing, she's gonna suddenly stop talking to me in favor of some muscular white trash guy.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 21, 2017 1:20 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Dude I'm so sorry. 2 years ago I had to put my dog down(8 years old) because all the sudden he was really slow one week. I can't spell the condition but basically he had a rare heart disease.

Just spend your last moments comforting her and spending time with her. It will be extremely hard, but she will be at peace and her suffering will end completely. But I know that won't make you, the owner feel any better.

The only thing I can say beyond spending time with her is I suggest you go back with her if possible. I know it'll be incredibly hard. I also know this is easier said than done but when my dog died I tried my hardest to think of the good memories associated with him. At first I thought "why did I get this damn dog if it was going to cause such emotional pain on me? Why? I thought to myself. But then i realized the joy and time I had spent with him was the miracle of life and that it was ultimately worth it.

I'm not sure if you have the money but I had my dog cremated. Might sound a little creepy but his ashes are sitting on a wooden box on my shelf and I'm not even kidding when I say it made me feel better somehow. I think it reminds me of the joy because instead of a grave it's a beautiful wooden box.

Anyway dude please PM us and keep us updated. You're in my thoughts. As well as Sadie of course. Good luck and stay strong man.

evolution_rex wrote:
Had to put down my dog, which I had from age 5 to 20, last year and I still haven't gotten over it (I also had him cremated). I know the feeling all too much so my heart goes out to you. I also have dog currently named Sadie, and the idea of losing her is heartbreaking.

Thanks guys. Today was 'the day'. Not very easy for any of us. Dad got laid off twice when we had her so he took it hard. Mom picked her so she's taking it hard too. My little sister, Amanda, is taking it the worst. She was as close to Sadie as I was with my first dog, Kuma. I'm tanking hard, but I'm keeping it together. The main thing is that I got to say good-bye to her. I never had that with my first dog.

Back to top Go down
evolution_rex
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
evolution_rex

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 22, 2017 12:54 pm

Yesterday I found out that two of my friends are moving, and it basically means the small social life I had is going down the drain. That upsets me, though I am happy for them of course.

Yesterday I also found out that my twin brother, who is gay, was sexually harassed throughout high school by a guy I considered a friend, a guy who everyone assumed was 100% straight. I broke off all contact with him after high school for various reasons, because in general he's always been a complete asshole, and just when I began to think that maybe I could forgive him and we could patch things up my brother reveals this to me, and I know I made the absolute right decision. But I'm horrified that my brother experienced this, that he felt he couldn't tell me, and that I hung out with this guy for so long and shared so many laughs.  I wish I could have been there for him then, and it makes me really angry.

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 1:34 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

This scares me.

I own a 14 year old dashround. I'm trying to prepare myself for his death, because I know it'll come at any time. He's a very strong dog, but hey, we all die one day.

I'm so sorry to read that. But you did the right thing. We all want the best to our pets, and I think even in times like this, we need to chose what is better for him/her.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

This scares me.

I own a 14 year old dashround. I'm trying to prepare myself for his death, because I know it'll come at any time. He's a very strong dog, but hey, we all die one day.

I'm so sorry to read that. But you did the right thing. We all want the best to our pets, and I think even in times like this, we need to chose what is better for him/her.

Thanks Spino. It's really appreciated.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 03, 2017 12:32 pm

I got a red light camera to flash me just as i looked away for a second while passing an intersection while driving. I can't do anything right. Sad I have been trying and trying to convince my parents I'm a responsible driver for years and now this is going to set me back at least 400. Damn. I ....can't believe it. I looked away for a SECOND.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 6:10 pm

So not only am i jealous of my successful family members who are in relationships i now found out something else. The person who my cousin is dating is actually famous. Not going to say the name, but the parents are billionaires..... yes that is not a typo. B....

I know not everything is about money but again that's just ANOTHER win for someone else and another L for me(who is sitting here lonely with nobody).

f*ck my life.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 05, 2017 6:40 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
So not only am i jealous of my successful family members who are in relationships i now found out something else. The person who my cousin is dating is actually famous. Not going to say the name, but the parents are billionaires..... yes that is not a typo. B....

I know not everything is about money but again that's just ANOTHER win for someone else and another L for me(who is sitting here lonely with nobody).

f*ck my life.

Holy sh*t. Yeah I know what you mean. Like that is an insane level of lucky... Meanwhile Ive been sending message after fruitless message on dating sites. Ones that actually -try- to connect based on what they say on their profile and ask somewhat insightful questions. And? Ignored because I'm not Ryan Gosling. I approve!

PostSubject: Re: Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal   Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal - Page 8 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blow Off Some Steam: Through the Portal
Page 8 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 17  Next