Don't worry, Ian. I'm not making the same mistakes again! est 2016.
 
HomeMainframeCalendarJurassic Mainframe NewsFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The DC Comics Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 23, 2017 7:28 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I am allowing myself to get HYPED for this film! I'm sure I'll have my critiques on it in due time but for now I am gladly awaiting it. Smile

I'm not quite as hyped as you are, but I am more positive then I was in the past.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2017-05-27
Age : 20
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun May 28, 2017 4:17 pm

I'd give SS a 3/10. To me it's barely even a movie. The characters are incredibly weak and there's little to no cohesive story telling here.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
HennexForest
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 21
Join date : 2016-11-23
Age : 25
Location : Chico, CA

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun May 28, 2017 6:55 pm

TyrantGojira wrote:
I'd give SS a 3/10. To me it's barely even a movie. The characters are incredibly weak and there's little to no cohesive story telling here.

I give it a D-. You're right, it's not really much of movie. It was partially edited by a company that makes music videos so that's why it ended up being a mess. There's a good movie in there somewhere, but it had the odds stacked against it from the start. WB only gave Ayer five weeks to write the damn for pity's sake.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2017-05-27
Age : 20
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon May 29, 2017 2:41 pm

So with the recent announcement of DC's live action Teen Titans TV series, I've been wanting to ask you guys your thoughts and what you guys want to see out of it. I honestly hope this show will be connect either the rest of the CW shows.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1227
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 5:24 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Aquaman Movie Takes Place After Justice League
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/30/aquaman-movie-takes-place-after-justice-league

If that one Reddit leak about it costing $200 million is correct, then it's going to need to make at least $600-$650 million dollars to be successful. And he only has 1/4 the popularity of Batman/Superman. (Pick one of those two, it doesn't really matter.)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Aquaman Movie Takes Place After Justice League
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/30/aquaman-movie-takes-place-after-justice-league

If that one Reddit leak about it costing $200 million is correct, then it's going to need to make at least $600-$650 million dollars to be successful. And he only has 1/4 the popularity of Batman/Superman. (Pick one of those two, it doesn't really matter.)

According to Wikipedia, it's costing $160 Million, not $200 million, the former of which is a way more appropriate for a relatively unknown character who doesn't have the presence of Batman or Superman. Wonder Woman also had a budget of $120 million, and looks poised to be a hit with audiences as well as critics, but the character herself only had a glorified cameo in BvS as the jumping off point.

Aquaman Film Wikipedia article
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
avatar

Posts : 32
Join date : 2017-05-27
Age : 20
Location : Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm honestly glad to hear that's Wonder Woman is doing well with critics so far. If this keeps up the DCEU could of redeem itself.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:
Aquaman Movie Takes Place After Justice League
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/30/aquaman-movie-takes-place-after-justice-league

If that one Reddit leak about it costing $200 million is correct, then it's going to need to make at least $600-$650 million dollars to be successful. And he only has 1/4 the popularity of Batman/Superman. (Pick one of those two, it doesn't really matter.)

According to Wikipedia, it's costing $160 Million, not $200 million, the former of which is a way more appropriate for a relatively unknown character who doesn't have the presence of Batman or Superman. Wonder Woman also had a budget of $120 million, and looks poised to be a hit with audiences as well as critics, but the character herself only had a glorified cameo in BvS as the jumping off point.

Aquaman Film Wikipedia article

Even so, that's quite a lot for somebody that fans don't like as much. One would have thought that Wonder Woman would cost more and not Aquaman. After all, she is far more well known.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1227
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 pm


_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 892
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:15 pm

I want to see Wonder Woman but I'll probably have to wait next week or so to see it.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Jun 03, 2017 1:33 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:



Even so, that's quite a lot for somebody that fans don't like as much. One would have thought that Wonder Woman would cost more and not Aquaman. After all, she is far more well known.
i'd say part of that might well be because Aquaman would be even more special effects-heavy than some other movies since, presumably alot of it is set underwater, which would require either alot more CGI to properly render how the characters would look and move in water or complex and more dangerous practical effects by actually filming underwater. to give an example of what we might be looking at for the latter, Zara's death scene in Jurassic World involved actually throwing McGrath--not a stunt double, McGrath herself--into water and then jostling her around with mechanical effects (later covered up with the pteranodons in post-production), which could only be done in one take and without giving her an oxygen tank

it's good to hear that the Wonder Woman movie is doing well--DC heroes besides Batman and Superman are seriously underappreciated outside the dedicated comics fandom so it's great that another one is getting some more mainstream recognition even considering that she's essentially mainstream to begin with (ask anyone to name five comic book characters and most of them will probably have Wonder Woman among them)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:38 am

Brad Jones liked the movie a lot.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Random thought: after multiple viewing, I'm not really a fan of Suicide Squad, yet I continue on with this avatar. I did enjoy Harley...kind of...but I really hoped for more.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 3:59 am

yeah, i rewatched Suicide Squad recently and i didn't like it as much as before (and mind you, i just thought it was average to begin with). i don't think it's especially bad, just that it's not especially good, either.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:07 am

Oshronosaurus wrote:
yeah, i rewatched Suicide Squad recently and i didn't like it as much as before (and mind you, i just thought it was average to begin with). i don't think it's especially bad, just that it's not especially good, either.

My experience on watching Suicide Squad was along the lines of "entertained and perplexed by its badness"; it's not a film I would consider good (and there are two preceding DCEU films I would rather watch without hesitation) but I could be convinced to watch it with some friends and drinks and rib it as we watch it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:28 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
My experience on watching Suicide Squad was along the lines of "entertained and perplexed by its badness"; it's not a film I would consider good (and there are two preceding DCEU films I would rather watch without hesitation) but I could be convinced to watch it with some friends and drinks and rib it as we watch it.

You should see Super Mario Bros. You'll REALLY be entertained and perplexed with that movie. Laughing Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 914
Join date : 2016-06-17
Age : 25
Location : Stratford Upon Avon, England

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

You should see Super Mario Bros. You'll REALLY be entertained and perplexed with that movie. Laughing Razz

I might take you up on that, someday. Wink Razz

As for this recent DC News, this is certainly shedding some much needed light in an otherwise grim period. Even if the DCEU were to peter out in the next few years, I would argue that it would have been worth the divisiveness and all that jazz for breaking new ground with the first critically acclaimed, audience-loved female-led (and directed) superhero movie. I hope to see it multiple times during its run, if I get the chance.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 6:15 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

You should see Super Mario Bros. You'll REALLY be entertained and perplexed with that movie. Laughing Razz

I might take you up on that, someday. Wink Razz

As for this recent DC News, this is certainly shedding some much needed light in an otherwise grim period. Even if the DCEU were to peter out in the next few years, I would argue that it would have been worth the divisiveness and all that jazz for breaking new ground with the first critically acclaimed, audience-loved female-led (and directed) superhero movie. I hope to see it multiple times during its run, if I get the chance.

I wasn't planning to see it, but now I'm actually hoping to see it. I grew up seeing more of the DC Animated Cartoons then I did with the Marvel ones, so I'm really happy for WB and DC.

Speaking of which, this also means that for the first time, the MCU/Disney is actually feeling pressure from the competition from the DCMU/WB. I've always believed that they put the Captain Marvel movie after Wonder Woman to see what they can learn from it. While they have learned what they needed, they must be feeling quite a bit of pressure. Even more so considering how the fanbase is still wanting for a Black Widow movie, and how it's probably too late to make one by now. In fairness, most of this belongs to Ike Perlmutter since he was against female superhero movies from the get go.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1038
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:18 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Random thought: after multiple viewing, I'm not really a fan of Suicide Squad, yet I continue on with this avatar. I did enjoy Harley...kind of...but I really hoped for more.
I gave suicide squad a 1/10 but Margot Robbie can never be a bad avatar man.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 04, 2017 11:51 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

You should see Super Mario Bros. You'll REALLY be entertained and perplexed with that movie. Laughing Razz

I might take you up on that, someday. Wink Razz

As for this recent DC News, this is certainly shedding some much needed light in an otherwise grim period. Even if the DCEU were to peter out in the next few years, I would argue that it would have been worth the divisiveness and all that jazz for breaking new ground with the first critically acclaimed, audience-loved female-led (and directed) superhero movie. I hope to see it multiple times during its run, if I get the chance.

I wasn't planning to see it, but now I'm actually hoping to see it. I grew up seeing more of the DC Animated Cartoons then I did with the Marvel ones, so I'm really happy for WB and DC.

Speaking of which, this also means that for the first time, the MCU/Disney is actually feeling pressure from the competition from the DCMU/WB. I've always believed that they put the Captain Marvel movie after Wonder Woman to see what they can learn from it. While they have learned what they needed, they must be feeling quite a bit of pressure. Even more so considering how the fanbase is still wanting for a Black Widow movie, and how it's probably too late to make one by now. In fairness, most of this belongs to Ike Perlmutter since he was against female superhero movies from the get go.

Personally, I doubt Marvel is really worried. Guardians has been out a while so I imagine it's time for it to start losing steam. Spider-Man doesn't come out for another month, and by then Wonder Woman will have basically run it's course. Now, it is possible Marvel could worry about Justice League if it is improved in quality over the past DCEU films, but Thor: Ragnarok still has a two week lead over it, so the biggest part of it's run will have already hit (all going by USA release dates of course).

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:12 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

You should see Super Mario Bros. You'll REALLY be entertained and perplexed with that movie. Laughing Razz

I might take you up on that, someday. Wink Razz

As for this recent DC News, this is certainly shedding some much needed light in an otherwise grim period. Even if the DCEU were to peter out in the next few years, I would argue that it would have been worth the divisiveness and all that jazz for breaking new ground with the first critically acclaimed, audience-loved female-led (and directed) superhero movie. I hope to see it multiple times during its run, if I get the chance.

I wasn't planning to see it, but now I'm actually hoping to see it. I grew up seeing more of the DC Animated Cartoons then I did with the Marvel ones, so I'm really happy for WB and DC.

Speaking of which, this also means that for the first time, the MCU/Disney is actually feeling pressure from the competition from the DCMU/WB. I've always believed that they put the Captain Marvel movie after Wonder Woman to see what they can learn from it. While they have learned what they needed, they must be feeling quite a bit of pressure. Even more so considering how the fanbase is still wanting for a Black Widow movie, and how it's probably too late to make one by now. In fairness, most of this belongs to Ike Perlmutter since he was against female superhero movies from the get go.

Personally, I doubt Marvel is really worried. Guardians has been out a while so I imagine it's time for it to start losing steam. Spider-Man doesn't come out for another month, and by then Wonder Woman will have basically run it's course. Now, it is possible Marvel could worry about Justice League if it is improved in quality over the past DCEU films, but Thor: Ragnarok still has a two week lead over it, so the biggest part of it's run will have already hit (all going by USA release dates of course).

Maybe not overall, but when it comes to making a good Captain Marvel movie, they must feel some steam after how well Wonder Woman will do. They have never felt this kind of pressure before. From fans, yes. But from fans AND another movie studio that owns the rival comic book franchise? That's the first time since the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

You should see Super Mario Bros. You'll REALLY be entertained and perplexed with that movie. Laughing Razz

I might take you up on that, someday. Wink Razz

As for this recent DC News, this is certainly shedding some much needed light in an otherwise grim period. Even if the DCEU were to peter out in the next few years, I would argue that it would have been worth the divisiveness and all that jazz for breaking new ground with the first critically acclaimed, audience-loved female-led (and directed) superhero movie. I hope to see it multiple times during its run, if I get the chance.

I wasn't planning to see it, but now I'm actually hoping to see it. I grew up seeing more of the DC Animated Cartoons then I did with the Marvel ones, so I'm really happy for WB and DC.

Speaking of which, this also means that for the first time, the MCU/Disney is actually feeling pressure from the competition from the DCMU/WB. I've always believed that they put the Captain Marvel movie after Wonder Woman to see what they can learn from it. While they have learned what they needed, they must be feeling quite a bit of pressure. Even more so considering how the fanbase is still wanting for a Black Widow movie, and how it's probably too late to make one by now. In fairness, most of this belongs to Ike Perlmutter since he was against female superhero movies from the get go.

Personally, I doubt Marvel is really worried. Guardians has been out a while so I imagine it's time for it to start losing steam. Spider-Man doesn't come out for another month, and by then Wonder Woman will have basically run it's course. Now, it is possible Marvel could worry about Justice League if it is improved in quality over the past DCEU films, but Thor: Ragnarok still has a two week lead over it, so the biggest part of it's run will have already hit (all going by USA release dates of course).

Maybe not overall, but when it comes to making a good Captain Marvel movie, they must feel some steam after how well Wonder Woman will do. They have never felt this kind of pressure before. From fans, yes. But from fans AND another movie studio that owns the rival comic book franchise? That's the first time since the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.

Lol, that's what I get for only reading the first line of your post. Razz I guess I could see that, but I feel like Marvel is still a pretty competent studio and won't be that worried in the long run. Given the positive reception of WW, I imagine they'll take some notes, but the difference in the way these studios present their films are so huge, I don't see it really having much of an effect.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:01 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 1227
Join date : 2016-06-07
Location : Maryland

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Joel Kinnaman Offers an Update on the Next Suicide Squad
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/855299-joel-kinnaman-next-suicide-squad#BMBQF8Rg3b9oOLgv.99

_______________
Last Movie Watched: The Houses October Built 2 (2017).
Last TV Show Watched: Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (S3:E2).
Last Video Game Played: WWE 2K17 (PS4).
http://bloggerofthedead.blogspot.com/​
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 892
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:08 pm

I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

I thought you original planned to see it in theaters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 892
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

I thought you original planned to see it in theaters.

I saw it in theaters a few days ago. Sadly I had the front most seat in the theater so not the best viewing experience, but I hope to see it again with better seats in a week or so

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

I thought you original planned to see it in theaters.

I saw it in theaters a few days ago. Sadly I had the front most seat in the theater so not the best viewing experience, but I hope to see it again with better seats in a week or so

What did you think of it, overall?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 892
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

I thought you original planned to see it in theaters.

I saw it in theaters a few days ago. Sadly I had the front most seat in the theater so not the best viewing experience, but I hope to see it again with better seats in a week or so

What did you think of it, overall?

Superb. Probably the best DC movie that has been put out in my opinion, easily tops everything else this year.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Sun Jun 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

I thought you original planned to see it in theaters.

I saw it in theaters a few days ago. Sadly I had the front most seat in the theater so not the best viewing experience, but I hope to see it again with better seats in a week or so

What did you think of it, overall?

Superb. Probably the best DC movie that has been put out in my opinion, easily tops everything else this year.

Good to hear. A lot of people have that same mindset as well. It's really good to know that the DCMU finally has real optimism and hope going for it now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Jun 12, 2017 5:22 am

I thought it was amazing as well. Actually really excited about Justice League after seeing this, especially since the producers have said Justice League won't be as dark as BvS. This was just a perfect mix of action, tension, great acting, good wring (the movie is actually very intelligent), humor and characterization. Loved some of the characters. I think my personal favorite was Dr. Poison, wish they had given her a little bit more screen time. Easily the best movie of the year for me, and a very pleasant surprise Smile I agree that this is probably the best DC movie since The Dark Knight, and one of the best superhero movies ever. 10/10 Smile
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:56 am

I know I'm about a year late with this, but what did everyone think of Suicide Squad? I watched it in the cinema last year and although I wasn't blown away, I was not all that disappointed either. I found myself laughing to myself through most of the movie at the ridicilousness. Recently I watched the Director's Cut, and appreciated the extended scenes with The Joker and Harley Quinn. I wish the Joker appeared more in the movie, because I loved the interpretation of the character and the fact that we got to see him with Harley Quinn at Arkham Asylum, but I've got to give the movie credit for including these scenes at all. So all in all, not a terrible film, albeit not a great one either, but I enjoyed it for what it was and in particular for the scenes with the Joker and Harley. Probably in some years so come, this movie will have a cult following. I personally want to see it again a third time, just to take in the whole spectacle and I will probably enjoy it more and more each time. It's that type of a movie.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sickle_Claw
Moderator
Moderator
avatar

Posts : 892
Join date : 2012-04-07

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:41 pm

I thought Suicide Squad was pretty good. I think it gets unfairly hated on to be honest. And they did what Marvel couldn't by making a movie centered entirely around the villains. Really builds it up so that we will care about characters like Harley and Deadshot when they inevitably fight the other heroes that we've seen in these movies.

_______________
Read my Story Jurassic Park: Chaos Theory!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Have you watched the Director's Cut? Adds a bit more background to the Harley/Joker scenes, among other things.

Edit: I don't really understand Ayer, though. When the movie was just out, I remember reading that he had said, when asked about a potential Director's Cut, that the theatrical version was the movie he intended to make, his vision. Then he releases a Director's Cut. Then he says he wished he had done the movie differently. Makes no sense, really. But I'm glad we got the Director's Cut, I just wish he wouldn't criticize his own movie publically.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1038
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Lost wrote:
I know I'm about a year late with this, but what did everyone think of Suicide Squad? I watched it in the cinema last year and although I wasn't blown away, I was not all that disappointed either. I found myself laughing to myself through most of the movie at the ridicilousness. Recently I watched the Director's Cut, and appreciated the extended scenes with The Joker and Harley Quinn. I wish the Joker appeared more in the movie, because I loved the interpretation of the character and the fact that we got to see him with Harley Quinn at Arkham Asylum, but I've got to give the movie credit for including these scenes at all. So all in all, not a terrible film, albeit not a great one either, but I enjoyed it for what it was and in particular for the scenes with the Joker and Harley. Probably in some years so come, this movie will have a cult following. I personally want to see it again a third time, just to take in the whole spectacle and I will probably enjoy it more and more each time. It's that type of a movie.

Just my opinion but Absolutely hated it.

I walked out giving it a 5/10 but it was one of those movies where I lied to myself if that makes sense.

I have not seen the directors cut but I'm not sure I could handle it.

I really want a R rated version with Mel Gibson
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lost
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
avatar

Posts : 104
Join date : 2016-06-11

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Lost wrote:
I know I'm about a year late with this, but what did everyone think of Suicide Squad? I watched it in the cinema last year and although I wasn't blown away, I was not all that disappointed either. I found myself laughing to myself through most of the movie at the ridicilousness. Recently I watched the Director's Cut, and appreciated the extended scenes with The Joker and Harley Quinn. I wish the Joker appeared more in the movie, because I loved the interpretation of the character and the fact that we got to see him with Harley Quinn at Arkham Asylum, but I've got to give the movie credit for including these scenes at all. So all in all, not a terrible film, albeit not a great one either, but I enjoyed it for what it was and in particular for the scenes with the Joker and Harley. Probably in some years so come, this movie will have a cult following. I personally want to see it again a third time, just to take in the whole spectacle and I will probably enjoy it more and more each time. It's that type of a movie.

Just my opinion but Absolutely hated it.

I walked out giving it a 5/10 but it was one of those movies where I lied to myself if that makes sense.

I have not seen the directors cut but I'm not sure I could handle it.

I really want a R rated version with Mel Gibson

With Mel Gibson?! Laughing Why??

For me this is one of those Movies that just keeps me coming back even though I know it's not that great and I just like individual scenes. Kind of like Jurassic Park III. The things about Suicide Squad that I liked:

-Jared Leto as The Joker (only wish he was in the movie more)
-Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn (only wish she wasn't all "Look at me how crazy I am! Look! So crazy!". Cause that's not how real crazies behave)
-Enchantress as a villain
-Not as dark and depressing as BvS
-Inclusion of Arkham Asylum
-Batman cameo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
avatar

Posts : 749
Join date : 2016-06-07
Age : 28
Location : USA

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 5:23 pm

I'm pretty well in the middle on Suicide Squad. Thought it was ok, doesn't hold up for me as well on repeat viewings. Hate Joker and Harley's relationship, it's never been an actual loving one in any media, and it shouldn't have been here.

_______________
Make the Sayles JP IV script into an animated series! Admit it, you'd watch it.
 
"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 2956
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 29
Location : Armada, Michigan

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:02 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I'm pretty well in the middle on Suicide Squad. Thought it was ok, doesn't hold up for me as well on repeat viewings. Hate Joker and Harley's relationship, it's never been an actual loving one in any media, and it shouldn't have been here.

I think that it's possible to have a Joker/Harley relationship that's actually loving, but you'd have to make it like the way Gomez and Mortica Adams are for it to work. And given how deranged both Joker and Harley are, I really think it can work.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Oshronosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
avatar

Posts : 402
Join date : 2016-06-10

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:42 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I'm pretty well in the middle on Suicide Squad. Thought it was ok, doesn't hold up for me as well on repeat viewings. Hate Joker and Harley's relationship, it's never been an actual loving one in any media, and it shouldn't have been here.
i'm pretty much in the same boat (no opinion on how Joker and Harley's relationship is portrayed, though). it's not especially good, but not godawfully bad, either.

and Troyal...how can you absolutely hate something and still rate it 5/10? Razz
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
avatar

Posts : 1038
Join date : 2016-06-08
Age : 23

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:04 am

Lost wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Lost wrote:
I know I'm about a year late with this, but what did everyone think of Suicide Squad? I watched it in the cinema last year and although I wasn't blown away, I was not all that disappointed either. I found myself laughing to myself through most of the movie at the ridicilousness. Recently I watched the Director's Cut, and appreciated the extended scenes with The Joker and Harley Quinn. I wish the Joker appeared more in the movie, because I loved the interpretation of the character and the fact that we got to see him with Harley Quinn at Arkham Asylum, but I've got to give the movie credit for including these scenes at all. So all in all, not a terrible film, albeit not a great one either, but I enjoyed it for what it was and in particular for the scenes with the Joker and Harley. Probably in some years so come, this movie will have a cult following. I personally want to see it again a third time, just to take in the whole spectacle and I will probably enjoy it more and more each time. It's that type of a movie.

Just my opinion but Absolutely hated it.

I walked out giving it a 5/10 but it was one of those movies where I lied to myself if that makes sense.

I have not seen the directors cut but I'm not sure I could handle it.

I really want a R rated version with Mel Gibson

With Mel Gibson?! Laughing Why??

For me this is one of those Movies that just keeps me coming back even though I know it's not that great and I just like individual scenes. Kind of like Jurassic Park III. The things about Suicide Squad that I liked:

-Jared Leto as The Joker (only wish he was in the movie more)
-Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn (only wish she wasn't all "Look at me how crazy I am! Look! So crazy!". Cause that's not how real crazies behave)
-Enchantress as a villain
-Not as dark and depressing as BvS
-Inclusion of Arkham Asylum
-Batman cameo

Well because of those rumors of him possibly doing it. I mean if they are gonna make it I might watch it if he does it. I love his work.

And SS is just one of those movies like JP3 where it's opposite. Most people here can't fathom why I like JP3(I know you kinda like it) and I can't fathom how anyone could like SS.

Shrugs lol. Us humans are varied creatures for sure.

Edit: if you want to know exactly how I feel search "I hate everything suicide squad". I endorse that review and those are my complaints.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   

Back to top Go down
 
The DC Comics Thread
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The Flat/Satin Black Thread
» Comics fair use policy?
» Sales figures for UK comics
» Campfire Comics
» A Miyu Thread

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Jurassic Mainframe Forums :: The Innovation Center :: Off-Topic Discussions-
Jump to: