Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 7:28 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I can't believe I'm saying it, but I am allowing myself to get HYPED for this film! I'm sure I'll have my critiques on it in due time but for now I am gladly awaiting it. Smile

I'm not quite as hyped as you are, but I am more positive then I was in the past.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 4:17 pm

I'd give SS a 3/10. To me it's barely even a movie. The characters are incredibly weak and there's little to no cohesive story telling here.
Back to top Go down
HennexForest
Embryo
Embryo
HennexForest

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun May 28, 2017 6:55 pm

TyrantGojira wrote:
I'd give SS a 3/10. To me it's barely even a movie. The characters are incredibly weak and there's little to no cohesive story telling here.

I give it a D-. You're right, it's not really much of movie. It was partially edited by a company that makes music videos so that's why it ended up being a mess. There's a good movie in there somewhere, but it had the odds stacked against it from the start. WB only gave Ayer five weeks to write the damn for pity's sake.
Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon May 29, 2017 2:41 pm

So with the recent announcement of DC's live action Teen Titans TV series, I've been wanting to ask you guys your thoughts and what you guys want to see out of it. I honestly hope this show will be connect either the rest of the CW shows.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 5:24 pm

Aquaman Movie Takes Place After Justice League
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/30/aquaman-movie-takes-place-after-justice-league

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 7:57 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/30/aquaman-movie-takes-place-after-justice-league

If that one Reddit leak about it costing $200 million is correct, then it's going to need to make at least $600-$650 million dollars to be successful. And he only has 1/4 the popularity of Batman/Superman. (Pick one of those two, it doesn't really matter.)

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:08 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

If that one Reddit leak about it costing $200 million is correct, then it's going to need to make at least $600-$650 million dollars to be successful. And he only has 1/4 the popularity of Batman/Superman. (Pick one of those two, it doesn't really matter.)

According to Wikipedia, it's costing $160 Million, not $200 million, the former of which is a way more appropriate for a relatively unknown character who doesn't have the presence of Batman or Superman. Wonder Woman also had a budget of $120 million, and looks poised to be a hit with audiences as well as critics, but the character herself only had a glorified cameo in BvS as the jumping off point.

Aquaman Film Wikipedia article

The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
TyrantGojira
Embryo
Embryo
TyrantGojira

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm

I'm honestly glad to hear that's Wonder Woman is doing well with critics so far. If this keeps up the DCEU could of redeem itself.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue May 30, 2017 8:14 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

According to Wikipedia, it's costing $160 Million, not $200 million, the former of which is a way more appropriate for a relatively unknown character who doesn't have the presence of Batman or Superman. Wonder Woman also had a budget of $120 million, and looks poised to be a hit with audiences as well as critics, but the character herself only had a glorified cameo in BvS as the jumping off point.

Aquaman Film Wikipedia article

Even so, that's quite a lot for somebody that fans don't like as much. One would have thought that Wonder Woman would cost more and not Aquaman. After all, she is far more well known.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 12:32 pm

Josh Gad Teases Meeting with DC Films Heads, Fueling Penguin Speculation
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/854667-josh-gad-teases-meeting-with-dc-films-heads-fueling-penguin-speculation#VIZoR3ieTTFVYmFV.99

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 02, 2017 7:15 pm

I want to see Wonder Woman but I'll probably have to wait next week or so to see it.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 1:33 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Even so, that's quite a lot for somebody that fans don't like as much. One would have thought that Wonder Woman would cost more and not Aquaman. After all, she is far more well known.
i'd say part of that might well be because Aquaman would be even more special effects-heavy than some other movies since, presumably alot of it is set underwater, which would require either alot more CGI to properly render how the characters would look and move in water or complex and more dangerous practical effects by actually filming underwater. to give an example of what we might be looking at for the latter, Zara's death scene in Jurassic World involved actually throwing McGrath--not a stunt double, McGrath herself--into water and then jostling her around with mechanical effects (later covered up with the pteranodons in post-production), which could only be done in one take and without giving her an oxygen tank

it's good to hear that the Wonder Woman movie is doing well--DC heroes besides Batman and Superman are seriously underappreciated outside the dedicated comics fandom so it's great that another one is getting some more mainstream recognition even considering that she's essentially mainstream to begin with (ask anyone to name five comic book characters and most of them will probably have Wonder Woman among them)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 9:38 am

Brad Jones liked the movie a lot.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 03, 2017 10:38 pm

Random thought: after multiple viewing, I'm not really a fan of Suicide Squad, yet I continue on with this avatar. I did enjoy Harley...kind of...but I really hoped for more.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 3:59 am

yeah, i rewatched Suicide Squad recently and i didn't like it as much as before (and mind you, i just thought it was average to begin with). i don't think it's especially bad, just that it's not especially good, either.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 8:07 am

Oshronosaurus wrote:
yeah, i rewatched Suicide Squad recently and i didn't like it as much as before (and mind you, i just thought it was average to begin with). i don't think it's especially bad, just that it's not especially good, either.

My experience on watching Suicide Squad was along the lines of "entertained and perplexed by its badness"; it's not a film I would consider good (and there are two preceding DCEU films I would rather watch without hesitation) but I could be convinced to watch it with some friends and drinks and rib it as we watch it.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 8:28 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
My experience on watching Suicide Squad was along the lines of "entertained and perplexed by its badness"; it's not a film I would consider good (and there are two preceding DCEU films I would rather watch without hesitation) but I could be convinced to watch it with some friends and drinks and rib it as we watch it.

You should see Super Mario Bros. You'll REALLY be entertained and perplexed with that movie. Laughing Razz

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 12:32 pm

Wonder Woman is set to make $223 million dollars in it overall box office opening ($100 million domestically) and it's director, Patty Jenkins, broke the record for having the highest box office opening gross by a female director.

It's great to know that the DCMU finally has optimism and hope going for it. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 5:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

You should see Super Mario Bros. You'll REALLY be entertained and perplexed with that movie. Laughing Razz

I might take you up on that, someday. Wink Razz

As for this recent DC News, this is certainly shedding some much needed light in an otherwise grim period. Even if the DCEU were to peter out in the next few years, I would argue that it would have been worth the divisiveness and all that jazz for breaking new ground with the first critically acclaimed, audience-loved female-led (and directed) superhero movie. I hope to see it multiple times during its run, if I get the chance.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 6:15 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

As for this recent DC News, this is certainly shedding some much needed light in an otherwise grim period. Even if the DCEU were to peter out in the next few years, I would argue that it would have been worth the divisiveness and all that jazz for breaking new ground with the first critically acclaimed, audience-loved female-led (and directed) superhero movie. I hope to see it multiple times during its run, if I get the chance.

I wasn't planning to see it, but now I'm actually hoping to see it. I grew up seeing more of the DC Animated Cartoons then I did with the Marvel ones, so I'm really happy for WB and DC.

Speaking of which, this also means that for the first time, the MCU/Disney is actually feeling pressure from the competition from the DCMU/WB. I've always believed that they put the Captain Marvel movie after Wonder Woman to see what they can learn from it. While they have learned what they needed, they must be feeling quite a bit of pressure. Even more so considering how the fanbase is still wanting for a Black Widow movie, and how it's probably too late to make one by now. In fairness, most of this belongs to Ike Perlmutter since he was against female superhero movies from the get go.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 10:18 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Random thought: after multiple viewing, I'm not really a fan of Suicide Squad, yet I continue on with this avatar. I did enjoy Harley...kind of...but I really hoped for more.
I gave suicide squad a 1/10 but Margot Robbie can never be a bad avatar man.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 04, 2017 11:51 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

I wasn't planning to see it, but now I'm actually hoping to see it. I grew up seeing more of the DC Animated Cartoons then I did with the Marvel ones, so I'm really happy for WB and DC.

Speaking of which, this also means that for the first time, the MCU/Disney is actually feeling pressure from the competition from the DCMU/WB. I've always believed that they put the Captain Marvel movie after Wonder Woman to see what they can learn from it. While they have learned what they needed, they must be feeling quite a bit of pressure. Even more so considering how the fanbase is still wanting for a Black Widow movie, and how it's probably too late to make one by now. In fairness, most of this belongs to Ike Perlmutter since he was against female superhero movies from the get go.

Personally, I doubt Marvel is really worried. Guardians has been out a while so I imagine it's time for it to start losing steam. Spider-Man doesn't come out for another month, and by then Wonder Woman will have basically run it's course. Now, it is possible Marvel could worry about Justice League if it is improved in quality over the past DCEU films, but Thor: Ragnarok still has a two week lead over it, so the biggest part of it's run will have already hit (all going by USA release dates of course).

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 12:12 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Personally, I doubt Marvel is really worried. Guardians has been out a while so I imagine it's time for it to start losing steam. Spider-Man doesn't come out for another month, and by then Wonder Woman will have basically run it's course. Now, it is possible Marvel could worry about Justice League if it is improved in quality over the past DCEU films, but Thor: Ragnarok still has a two week lead over it, so the biggest part of it's run will have already hit (all going by USA release dates of course).

Maybe not overall, but when it comes to making a good Captain Marvel movie, they must feel some steam after how well Wonder Woman will do. They have never felt this kind of pressure before. From fans, yes. But from fans AND another movie studio that owns the rival comic book franchise? That's the first time since the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 2:22 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
TheDreamMaster wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Maybe not overall, but when it comes to making a good Captain Marvel movie, they must feel some steam after how well Wonder Woman will do. They have never felt this kind of pressure before. From fans, yes. But from fans AND another movie studio that owns the rival comic book franchise? That's the first time since the Christopher Nolan Batman trilogy.

Lol, that's what I get for only reading the first line of your post. Razz I guess I could see that, but I feel like Marvel is still a pretty competent studio and won't be that worried in the long run. Given the positive reception of WW, I imagine they'll take some notes, but the difference in the way these studios present their films are so huge, I don't see it really having much of an effect.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 05, 2017 7:01 pm

According to Box Office Mojo.

Wondder Woman has made $228 million dollars. $103 million domestically.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 1:50 pm

Joel Kinnaman Offers an Update on the Next Suicide Squad
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/855299-joel-kinnaman-next-suicide-squad#BMBQF8Rg3b9oOLgv.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Wonder Woman is going to stay at first for the second week in a row.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 4:40 pm

Wonder Woman made $57.2 million dollars this box office weekend and is still in first place.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 5:08 pm

I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 5:14 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

I thought you original planned to see it in theaters.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 10 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16 ... 22  Next