Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The DC Comics Thread

Go down 
+19
Scott B
jericho
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Oshronosaurus
Sickle_Claw
Dead2009
TyrantGojira
BarrytheOnyx
CarcharThroTheLookinGlas
HennexForest
Megaspino2
CT-1138
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
Baryonyx111
Lost
TheDreamMaster
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 6:30 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

I thought you original planned to see it in theaters.

I saw it in theaters a few days ago. Sadly I had the front most seat in the theater so not the best viewing experience, but I hope to see it again with better seats in a week or so

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 7:37 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
I went and bought a wonder woman shirt, and now I pre-ordered the DVD for when it comes out as well.

I saw it in theaters a few days ago. Sadly I had the front most seat in the theater so not the best viewing experience, but I hope to see it again with better seats in a week or so

What did you think of it, overall?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 8:00 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Superb. Probably the best DC movie that has been put out in my opinion, easily tops everything else this year.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 11, 2017 8:10 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Superb. Probably the best DC movie that has been put out in my opinion, easily tops everything else this year.

Good to hear. A lot of people have that same mindset as well. It's really good to know that the DCMU finally has real optimism and hope going for it now.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 5:22 am

I thought it was amazing as well. Actually really excited about Justice League after seeing this, especially since the producers have said Justice League won't be as dark as BvS. This was just a perfect mix of action, tension, great acting, good wring (the movie is actually very intelligent), humor and characterization. Loved some of the characters. I think my personal favorite was Dr. Poison, wish they had given her a little bit more screen time. Easily the best movie of the year for me, and a very pleasant surprise Smile I agree that this is probably the best DC movie since The Dark Knight, and one of the best superhero movies ever. 10/10 Smile
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 12, 2017 10:46 pm

Here's the latest Wonder Woman stats according to Box Office Mojo.

It made $58.52 million dollars over the weekend.

Overall, it has made slightly over $436.5 million dollars. $206 million domestically.

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 6:56 am

I know I'm about a year late with this, but what did everyone think of Suicide Squad? I watched it in the cinema last year and although I wasn't blown away, I was not all that disappointed either. I found myself laughing to myself through most of the movie at the ridicilousness. Recently I watched the Director's Cut, and appreciated the extended scenes with The Joker and Harley Quinn. I wish the Joker appeared more in the movie, because I loved the interpretation of the character and the fact that we got to see him with Harley Quinn at Arkham Asylum, but I've got to give the movie credit for including these scenes at all. So all in all, not a terrible film, albeit not a great one either, but I enjoyed it for what it was and in particular for the scenes with the Joker and Harley. Probably in some years so come, this movie will have a cult following. I personally want to see it again a third time, just to take in the whole spectacle and I will probably enjoy it more and more each time. It's that type of a movie.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 1:41 pm

I thought Suicide Squad was pretty good. I think it gets unfairly hated on to be honest. And they did what Marvel couldn't by making a movie centered entirely around the villains. Really builds it up so that we will care about characters like Harley and Deadshot when they inevitably fight the other heroes that we've seen in these movies.

Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 2:24 pm

Have you watched the Director's Cut? Adds a bit more background to the Harley/Joker scenes, among other things.

Edit: I don't really understand Ayer, though. When the movie was just out, I remember reading that he had said, when asked about a potential Director's Cut, that the theatrical version was the movie he intended to make, his vision. Then he releases a Director's Cut. Then he says he wished he had done the movie differently. Makes no sense, really. But I'm glad we got the Director's Cut, I just wish he wouldn't criticize his own movie publically.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 4:43 pm

Lost wrote:
I know I'm about a year late with this, but what did everyone think of Suicide Squad? I watched it in the cinema last year and although I wasn't blown away, I was not all that disappointed either. I found myself laughing to myself through most of the movie at the ridicilousness. Recently I watched the Director's Cut, and appreciated the extended scenes with The Joker and Harley Quinn. I wish the Joker appeared more in the movie, because I loved the interpretation of the character and the fact that we got to see him with Harley Quinn at Arkham Asylum, but I've got to give the movie credit for including these scenes at all. So all in all, not a terrible film, albeit not a great one either, but I enjoyed it for what it was and in particular for the scenes with the Joker and Harley. Probably in some years so come, this movie will have a cult following. I personally want to see it again a third time, just to take in the whole spectacle and I will probably enjoy it more and more each time. It's that type of a movie.

Just my opinion but Absolutely hated it.

I walked out giving it a 5/10 but it was one of those movies where I lied to myself if that makes sense.

I have not seen the directors cut but I'm not sure I could handle it.

I really want a R rated version with Mel Gibson
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 4:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Lost wrote:

I walked out giving it a 5/10 but it was one of those movies where I lied to myself if that makes sense.

With Mel Gibson?! Laughing Why??

For me this is one of those Movies that just keeps me coming back even though I know it's not that great and I just like individual scenes. Kind of like Jurassic Park III. The things about Suicide Squad that I liked:

-Jared Leto as The Joker (only wish he was in the movie more)
-Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn (only wish she wasn't all "Look at me how crazy I am! Look! So crazy!". Cause that's not how real crazies behave)
-Enchantress as a villain
-Not as dark and depressing as BvS
-Inclusion of Arkham Asylum
-Batman cameo
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 5:23 pm

I'm pretty well in the middle on Suicide Squad. Thought it was ok, doesn't hold up for me as well on repeat viewings. Hate Joker and Harley's relationship, it's never been an actual loving one in any media, and it shouldn't have been here.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 6:02 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I'm pretty well in the middle on Suicide Squad. Thought it was ok, doesn't hold up for me as well on repeat viewings. Hate Joker and Harley's relationship, it's never been an actual loving one in any media, and it shouldn't have been here.

I think that it's possible to have a Joker/Harley relationship that's actually loving, but you'd have to make it like the way Gomez and Mortica Adams are for it to work. And given how deranged both Joker and Harley are, I really think it can work.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 13, 2017 9:42 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
i'm pretty much in the same boat (no opinion on how Joker and Harley's relationship is portrayed, though). it's not especially good, but not godawfully bad, either.

and Troyal...how can you absolutely hate something and still rate it 5/10? Razz

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 12:04 am

Lost wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Lost wrote:

With Mel Gibson?! Laughing Why??

For me this is one of those Movies that just keeps me coming back even though I know it's not that great and I just like individual scenes. Kind of like Jurassic Park III. The things about Suicide Squad that I liked:

-Jared Leto as The Joker (only wish he was in the movie more)
-Margot Robbie as Harley Quinn (only wish she wasn't all "Look at me how crazy I am! Look! So crazy!". Cause that's not how real crazies behave)
-Enchantress as a villain
-Not as dark and depressing as BvS
-Inclusion of Arkham Asylum
-Batman cameo

Well because of those rumors of him possibly doing it. I mean if they are gonna make it I might watch it if he does it. I love his work.

And SS is just one of those movies like JP3 where it's opposite. Most people here can't fathom why I like JP3(I know you kinda like it) and I can't fathom how anyone could like SS.

Shrugs lol. Us humans are varied creatures for sure.

Edit: if you want to know exactly how I feel search "I hate everything suicide squad". I endorse that review and those are my complaints.
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 3:54 am

Do you mean here on the site? Because when I googled that I mainly got a bunch of twitter links. Do you have a link to it?
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 14, 2017 10:31 am

Lost wrote:
Do you mean here on the site? Because when I googled that I mainly got a bunch of twitter links. Do you have a link to it?

It's on YouTube. It's called suicide squad search for the worst.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 15, 2017 4:56 am

Los Angeles to Pay Tribute to Adam West By Lighting the Bat Signal
Read more at http://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/858895-adam-west-bat-signal#mfSEqPolclwMBd2Z.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 5:11 pm

Joss Whedon's planned Wonder Woman script got leaked and it's very sexist.

Here's another site to the whole thing.
https://indiegroundfilms.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/wonder-woman-aug7-07-joss-whedon.pdf

And this man is a SJW who's going to be making the Batgirl movie?!

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:07 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

https://indiegroundfilms.files.wordpress.com/2014/01/wonder-woman-aug7-07-joss-whedon.pdf

Yeah, I've expressed my share of disappointment in Joss for how he's acted (from superheroes to the Jurassic franchise), but it's a bloody miracle that Warner Bros did not shoot this script of his! Honestly, I'm not a massive Batgirl fan (I'm more a fan of Dick Grayson and Tim Drake compared to her), but giving this character to a guy as unstable in his writing as Whedon could be another serious bump in the road for the DCEU. But the guy still gets more respect than Zack Snyder, so any actual faults in him as a person will be seen as small in comparison.

With Justice League, I think it's not going to be purely his "vision", and will probably end up being a mix of Snyder and Affleck with bits of Whedon. It feels like there's more control going on there than in any of the prior movies, but not in the knee-jerk reactionary way that governed what happened to Suicide Squad. Of course if it all blows up in everyone's faces, Midnight's Edge will have enough material to last them well into next year.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 16, 2017 7:20 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Yeah, I've expressed my share of disappointment in Joss for how he's acted (from superheroes to the Jurassic franchise), but it's a bloody miracle that Warner Bros did not shoot this script of his! Honestly, I'm not a massive Batgirl fan (I'm more a fan of Dick Grayson and Tim Drake compared to her), but giving this character to a guy as unstable in his writing as Whedon could be another serious bump in the road for the DCEU. But the guy still gets more respect than Zack Snyder, so any actual faults in him as a person will be seen as small in comparison.

With Justice League, I think it's not going to be purely his "vision", and will probably end up being a mix of Snyder and Affleck with bits of Whedon. It feels like there's more control going on there than in any of the prior movies, but not in the knee-jerk reactionary way that governed what happened to Suicide Squad. Of course if it all blows up in everyone's faces, Midnight's Edge will have enough material to last them well into next year.

Keep something in mind: Ben Affleck is still the Executive Producer of Justice League so if Snyder had to answer to him, then so does Whedon. And considering how Affleck as EP is one of those 'super director' EP's, then we don't have to worry about Whedon doing any major damage to the movie. And given how well Wonder Woman is doing both critically and financially, I see WB bringing Patty Jenkins back to make the second Wonder Woman movie.

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 4:33 pm

What did everyone here think of Batman v Superman? This movie fascinates me to no end. I mean, we have an extremely anticipated and hyped movie With the two biggest superheroes in history facing each other in a fight, and they f*ck it up! How does that happen?? My problems with it:

-Tone was too depressing
-Shoehorned JL cameos

But apart from that, was it really that bad? What made it so hard for me to sit through? I guess it was the lack of real excitement. How that happens in a movie about Batman fighting Superman I'll never know.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 6:23 pm

like alot of movies, i think it's just average, but BvS in particular gets too much flak for what it is. there are a few legitimate bad points but they don't kill the entire movie.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 18, 2017 8:06 pm

Lynda Carter is open to be in the Wonder Woman sequel if she likes the part enough.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 19, 2017 6:11 pm

Celebrating 25 years of Batman: Returns.

Here's a very interesting article about the behind the scenes stuff that went on.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/batman-returns-at-25-stars-reveal-script-cuts-freezing-sets-aggressive-penguins-1013942?facebook_20170619

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 20, 2017 12:44 pm

According to Box Office Mojo, despite falling to second place, Wonder Woman still made slightly over $41 million dollars this weekend. Overall, it's made just under $573.5 million dollars. $275 million domestically. Unless something horrible happens, it looks to top Man Of Steel as the best solo DCMU movie so far.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 6:26 am

It looks like those 2 Han Solo directors might make 'The Flash' movie.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 12:42 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
According to Box Office Mojo, despite falling to second place, Wonder Woman still made slightly over $41 million dollars this weekend. Overall, it's made just under $573.5 million dollars. $275 million domestically. Unless something horrible happens, it looks to top Man Of Steel as the best solo DCMU movie so far.

I think Wonder Woman will probably end up outpacing Man of Steel, and maybe even make more money than Suicide Squad.

Also with Lord & Miller being courted for The Flash, perhaps thats why WB was so reluctant to secure another director, they really wanted these two on board and now they've got a second chance. And to be honest, their sensibilities work better for the Flash than any kind of Star Wars movie. Which is another story in of itself...

The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 8:50 pm

Here's the new Justice League poster.

The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 DCtKyGcWAAIp9kt

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 21, 2017 10:25 pm

link's broken, Rhedo

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The DC Comics Thread   The DC Comics Thread - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The DC Comics Thread
Page 11 of 22Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 16 ... 22  Next