Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21
AuthorMessage
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2019 12:51 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
I thought it was pretty aggressively middle of the road.

A lot of people do. It's shaping up to be the MCU's version of Man Of Steel where you either like it or you don't. But with all the anger and vocal dislike for it being replaced by "meh" and "boring".

The movie is being protected to a ridiculous degree, to the point where this is now the reason that Rotten Tomatoes is considering making people buy a ticket and scan it before they can rate the movie on the site

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2019 12:16 pm

James Gunn is back directing GOTG 3.

I don't know what to think about this. Did he deserve to be punished? Yes. Fired, no. But what was the point of firing him only to bring him back months later? Why not just suspend him for a few months from the get go?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2019 9:13 am

They probably planned on sticking to their guns (no pun) but backed off when they evaluated the backlash firing him caused and how loved his two movies are. Wouldn't be surprised if this was planned almost immediately after firing him but waited until now to announce it. I guess that is good news for the quality of that movie.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2019 10:47 am

It was a PR move. "Fire" someone in the eyes of the public but behind the scenes, he was always going to come back. That was evident when they announced they were keeping his script.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2019 9:32 pm

Angelina Jolie in talks to join the Eternals

Idk anyone who is hype for this.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2019 2:15 pm

Avengers: Endgame will mostly likely make $1 billion THIS WEEKEND!

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 28, 2019 11:31 pm

So what did everyone think of Endgame? I personally liked it.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 12:27 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

I just think that the MCU should take a break for a few years and then semi-reboot with the F4 and the X-Men with Dr. Doom being the 'new Thanos'.

The movie has already made over $1.2 billion dollars.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 29, 2019 3:07 pm

Possibly the best one the MCU. I predicted a few moments (also happened to be my favorite moments) and expected a lot of the ending to turn out how it did. But still had a few nice surprises.

9.5/10...maybe better since that is how I rank Winter Soldier, the best MCU movie before it.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2019 6:04 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I just think that the MCU should take a break for a few years and then semi-reboot with the F4 and the X-Men with Dr. Doom being the 'new Thanos'.

The movie has already made over $1.2 billion dollars.

Not sure how to feel with spiderman literally being around the corner too. I mean since it took away from the impact of knowing endgame when we saw that spiderman trailers all over.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2019 1:46 pm

Avengers: Endgame has already crossed the $2 billion mark.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2019 9:23 am

For more context, it's already surpassed Titanic in 2 weeks and is poised to beat Avatar in maybe a month.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2019 1:44 pm

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2019 6:45 am

Avengers: Endgame has surpassed Avatar to be the highest grossing movie of all time.

Giant blue smurf: Mr Cameron, I don't feel so good...

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 20, 2019 5:16 pm

Sony Kills Spider-Man Partnership Deal with Marvel Studios
https://www.cbr.com/sony-kills-spider-man-deal-with-marvel/?utm_content=buffer67994&utm_medium=Social-Distribution&utm_source=CBR-TW&utm_campaign=CBR-TW

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 29, 2019 6:54 am

While I saw the Godzilla: KOTM on DVD this Tuesday, I also saw Avengers: Endgame this Sunday.

I must say this. Avengers: Endgame is a masterpiece of filmmaking and the grand finale to the MCU as we know it. Everything from Iron Man on is wrapped up well. Story arcs are realized, many characters have a fitting and worthy end. The few negatives are so rare and slight that they mean nothing in the grand scheme of the movie. It really is one of the greatest movies of all time, and I do not say that lightly.

This movie marks in what is in many ways the end of a phenomenon. The end of a pop culture earthquake the changed the way how franchises are looked at in how important they are now. The end of characters many of us saw grow and evolve. It was basically the Star Wars of my time. And I'm happy to see it all end.

I do think that the MCU should go into hibernation for a few years until we get the Fantastic 4 and X-Men to semi-reboot the whole thing. I also think that the MCU will go into a decline until then. Be that as it may, the MCU has given us so many wonderful times, laughs, and wonder since 2008 that I'm willing to consider Endgame very much the end of the MCU. Sometimes it's better to go out on top then to be extended on and on for the sake of money, greed, and...whatever else.

I have to give it a 10/10. The perfect end to an 11 year old journey.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2019 10:41 am

‘Venom’ Sequel Allegedly Adds Shriek, Carnage’s Love Interest!
https://bloody-disgusting.com/movie/3588987/venom-sequel-allegedly-adds-shriek-carnages-love-interest/

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 17, 2020 7:28 am

Hugh Jackman Would Have Joined The MCU As WOLVERINE Had Disney Acquired Fox A Little Sooner
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men/hugh-jackman-would-have-joined-the-mcu-as-wolverine-had-disney-acquired-fox-a-little-sooner-a174644

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2020 12:43 pm

It's official. The Black Widow movie will be woke.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 13, 2020 11:52 am

Chris Hemsworth Says He'll Be Staying On As Thor In The MCU Following LOVE AND THUNDER
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/thor/thor_love_and_thunder/chris-hemsworth-says-hell-be-staying-on-as-thor-in-the-mcu-following-love-and-thunder-a178311#gs.g1egkq

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2021 12:40 pm

Black Widow will now come out on July 9th and Disney has doubled down on streaming it.

I don't see ANY hype for this movie. Between the COVID-19 debacle last year, the hype for both the Snyder Cut of Justice League and Godzilla vs. Kong, and the Gina Carnaro brouhaha, the wind in this movie's sail just seems non-existent to me.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2021 5:18 pm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 21 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 19, 20, 21