Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 8:35 pm

Jeremy Latcham, one of the masterminds of the MCU has gone to 20th Century Fox.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 9:04 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Does anybody think that Infinity Wars will dominate 2018 or will Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom either surpass or be roughly equal to it?

When comparing Age of Ultron to Jurassic World, the level of minor backlash Ultron got was just enough to take some of the wind out of its sails while still doing amazing box office. Meanwhile, the surprise that Jurassic World turned out better than many thought it would, and offering something both nostalgic and different from the superhero market, lent itself to repeat business.

I think strong reviews and fan responses will drive Infinity War to be the No 1 smash hit of 2018, this thing has so much momentum going into it and being the result of ten years worth of Marvel films it's really remarkable. Then you've got the Guardians of the Galaxy crossover aspect, which should potentially double the level of interest. I think that will certainly make it the biggest film of the year.

As much as Jurassic World was also a big hit, it has made some fans (older, more jaded fans who don't exactly walk in our circle of fandom, mind you) more jaded and less likely to endorse a sequel, even if it does get great reviews and manages to improve on or rectify the flaws in the last film. Now that the novelty and nostalgic wave has passed, it will have to stand on its own two feet.

I agree. I think part of the reason JW was a big hit was 3 things.

1. I feel like 2015 was a big year of Nostalgia and hype for everybody with sequels to beloved franchises. Terminator(was pretty bad but still), Mad Max and Star wars at the end of the year. And nothing invoked more Jurassic park nostalgia than a commercial showing a new working park.

2. Chris Pratt. They got so lucky he did so good in GOTG. It was perfect timing as a lead.

3. Right place right time. It was a movie that although an action blockbuster, was not superhero or transformers related, yet still had mass appeal. People LOVE Dino's and it had been practically forever since we have had a good movie about them. That also goes back to the nostalgia factor. Adults were drawn in by their nostalgia and young kids were drawn in by seeing star lord riding raptors. Claire was also an extremely strong female charterer. They checked all the demographics.

I believe that JW is a good movie but i think it owes lots of it's success to "right place at the right time" circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 28, 2017 11:00 pm

Thor: Ragnarok might be the shortest MCU movie at just 100 minutes long.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 12:26 pm

First picture for deadpool 2 featuring Domino

https://i.imgur.com/wMeMbrA.jpg

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 WMeMbrA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 6:50 pm

Here's concept art of Adam Warlock's cocoon.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 31, 2017 8:05 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
First picture for deadpool 2 featuring Domino

https://i.imgur.com/wMeMbrA.jpg

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 WMeMbrA

I have to say I love her look. And the white around the eye is a nice subversion of how her look usually is wit the Black around her eye... And normally I dont dig afro's but yeah...

I approve!

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 02, 2017 6:01 pm

Hot off the cyber-press.

Jessica Chastain is confirmed to be in X-Men 7.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 7:48 pm

The press panel for 'The Inhumans' went bad.

This thing looks like a trainwreck just waiting to happen.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 8:03 pm

It looks like the Silver Sable and Black Cat movie will set up...an all female Spider-Man universe.

THE POWER OF FAIL!!!

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 5:48 pm

Sif is confirmed to be in Thor: Ragnarok.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the Silver Sable and Black Cat movie will set up...an all female Spider-Man universe.

THE POWER OF FAIL!!!

Christ alive... Sony just don't learn do they?

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 09, 2017 7:12 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

THE POWER OF FAIL!!!

Christ alive... Sony just don't learn do they?

While I'm blaming Avi Arid for Venom, I'm blaming Pascal for this, at least partly. I think this is her final chance to get back into the Sony power structure. If this fails, which it will since only die-hard fans knows these characters and they don't totally trust Sony, then the contract Pascal has with Sony via her being demoted to producer will not get extended.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Black Widow dies at the hands of Nazi Cap in Secret Empire 7.

Considering how few people are buying Marvel Comic books, with bullcrap like this being a big reason why, shouldn't SOMEBODY be fired by now?

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 9:30 pm

It looks like Disney is considering getting rid of the comic book branch of Marvel altogether.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 7:09 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like Disney is considering getting rid of the comic book branch of Marvel altogether.

Marvel Comics has been around since long before I was born and I always thought they would be around long after I'd be dead. But this: their possible closure just feels insane!!

I know they brought it upon themselves with all this far-leftist pandering, forced rhetoric and crappy storytelling but this is not the solution. They should be listening to their critics and trying to write new comic books like in the old days before this SJW mindset took hold.

However, given that the digital age has rendered the age of the comic book all but over due to a variety of factors, one must wonder that WB would also consider taking the same route in the distant future. Maybe not next year or even the next five years, but at a time when their movie, TV and animation divisions hold far more interest than their comic book division, just as what's happening with Marvel. Both of these studios will go where the smell of money is strongest.

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 9:39 am

I mean, the marvel comics have gone full sh*t lately from what I've heard. They're doing Nazi cap now, what? I'm not a comic book reader, but it just sounds insane.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 3:22 pm

Maybe this is a threat to the writers to knock it off or that they couldn't fire them en mass without doing this. In any case, I don't see why Disney can't use the poor sales of the comics to fire so many of the writers. That would make a lot more sense.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 17, 2017 6:31 pm

That upcoming Inhumans show really was filmed quick and cheap as people thought that it was.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 19, 2017 2:38 pm

Juggernaut might be the main villain for Deadpool 2.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 25, 2017 4:06 pm

Venom might shoot later than expected.

http://screenrant.com/venom-movie-filming-start-date-2/
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 28, 2017 7:15 pm

Kevin Feige pays tribute to Jack Kirby.

Captain America returns to fight Nazi/Fascist/Hydra Cap.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 29, 2017 11:04 pm

Simon Kinberg says the X-Men:Dark Phoenix will be more grounded then in the comics.

Because that worked so well for Fant4stic......

Oh well. At least we have one sliver lining. If this movie underperforms, then at least he won't have anybody to throw under the bus like last time.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 12:27 am

Im hearing really bad reviews for the Inhumans as the first IMAX test screenings appear. Hopefully things improve. Could be Marvels first tv dud.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 03, 2017 4:33 pm

Marvel Comics is in even worse shape then we ever thought.

On 4Chan, someone named The Whisperer blew the lid off on just how bad it is.

Here's some of what he says.

Quote wrote:
>Editorial is miserable. Understaffed, under experienced and overworked. The direction at the top corporate level is a mess of politics and in-fighting. They all look the fool to Disney because of Feige’s split and the bad PR & constant gaming of their declining sales is wearing on them. Top brass want to make a hard left back to what worked with Steve, Thor, Tony, Banner and other recognizable faces. Editorial knows how bad it’s going to look to push all their diversity celebrations to the side. Reality is those books didn’t sell. A lot of it had to do with Marvel’s chincy practices finally reaching a breaking point with fans but the internal editorial spin is that comic shop fans aren’t ready to embrace change.

>The terrible reaction to Hydra Cap/Secret Empire forced a change in plans. Originally it was going to end with a quasi-Dark Reign scenario where Hydra is vanquished thanks to Kubik shenanigans and the World Security Council from the movies steps in to assume power over super heroes and everything has Civil War-era overtones with registrations, boot camps, the idea of an Inhuman ban. The Vanishing Point would be a way to bring back Steve, Tony, Thor, Banner; sort of like Hickman’s “Time Runs Out” jump-skip but in reverse, it would rewind the characters to before the Hydra subversion stars. The classic heroes realize that they have lost touch with the people and need to learn how to fight for them again. In the meantime, the new generation of Miles, Kamala, Riri and other Champions would form “the resistance” against the WSC state. (“Generation” was also planned to be the transition from the classic guys taking a step back and letting the new generation lead the charge).

He says this about the X-Men and F4.

Quote wrote:
>The X-Men are still in a tight spot. ResurrXion was itself a rush job after the Inhumans movie push was officially kaput and there was no future for family of books. Because of the Fox issue, they still can’t create new ideas that could go toward the movies so its literally just nostalgia retreads. Uncanny will be back next year with Xavier. Old Man Logan is sticking around for the foreseeable future with X-23 becoming his sidekick, the book will be called “Wolverine.” They burned out Deadpool fans with the price gouging, so no plans for spin-off series, but there will always be mini-series on the side to line out trades.

>Seriously, don’t expect the classic Fantastic Four anytime soon. Ike has seemingly dug his heels in; even though Fox will probably never figure out what to do with them, he’s spiting the brand because of how bad the negotiations went. Sue & Reed and the kids are seen as “boring” enough to sacrifice. Two-In-One is basically a containment book for people to get their F4 fix. It’s an inventory book, no set writer, it’s like “Avenging Spider-Man” or “A+X.” Different writers will get to use different pet characters.

After X3, the plan was to do a teen focused reboot, so we were going to cash in on that. Not literally the movie cast, but remove the baggage and make them streamlined and accessible to younger demos.

Claremont is like the “Spider Man wedding” of X Men. Its this unwieldy thing that none of the senior editors like that they want to rewind but because of the movie deal we can’t make new IP.

X-Men has been a micromanaged mess since I started here. AVX was a sales team gimmick to replicate Civil War, which messed up Schism. Remender’s plans got hijacked by the time displaced O5 which was a pretty shameless Bendis pitch to corporate. There’s no central architect guiding the franchise, just big plans that get derailed by the next sales gimmick.

Then the fox talks started going really south and it wasn’t just “don’t give them new ideas” but actively scale it back.

Yes Ike and corporate really thought they could replace X Men with Inhumans. They don’t actually care what it is, just as long as they own it.

Here he talks about the comics branch moving to Disney/Burbank California and how downsizing would probably happen.

Quote wrote:
I don’t think anybody wants anyone else to jump to DC. The real fear is Disney seeing that Warner had success moving the comics office to Burbank and lining everything up under one roof.

Moving Marvel Comics out of NYC and onto the Disney lots is a real possibility. A lot of us will get downsized or just not relocate if that happens.

And here's the final part of what he says.

Quote wrote:
i’m writing this on my personal laptop out of the office. no one at marvel checks this place. and if they did, they just see 4chan as a bunch of trump trolls

If Disney doesn't fire all these SJW writers, then we might as well say good-by to the entire comic book branch of Marvel sooner then later.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Inhumans ROTTEN with 11 negative reviews, no good reviews.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 07, 2017 6:06 pm

Drew Goddard will write and direct an X-Force movie and both Cable and Deadpool will be in it.

This sounds like it will be a good movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 7:10 pm

It looks like Hawkeye will be Ronan in Avengers 4 after taking some big personal blow to him in Infinity War.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 09, 2017 3:59 pm

The production of Sony's Venom has been delayed until Late October.

I find it very hard to believe that this movie will come out on October 2018 like it was planned. Not unless Sony wants it to be 'The Room' of comic book movies. That being said, if this does get pulled, then I can't help but wonder if Sony will use the money and go all in on the Black Cat/Sliver Sable movie.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 3:13 pm

The demon Mephisto has come back to Marvel comics, and in a pretty amazing way, too.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The demon Mephisto has come back to Marvel comics, and in a pretty amazing way, too.

So it basically screws over Dr Dooms character development over the past year right? Also the whole secret empire thing was a huge fiasco.

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 12 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 12 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 16 ... 21  Next