Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Marvel Comics Thread

Go down 
+15
BarrytheOnyx
Baryonyx111
Bbrink1996
Troyal1
Island Queen
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
T-rex-king
Oshronosaurus
Katana
Sickle_Claw
Darth Spidey
TRK/TrexKing
Dead2009
TheDreamMaster
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2018 7:23 am

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2018 6:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 11:02 am

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 3 Has Been Put On Hold In The Wake Of James Gunn's Firing
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guardians_of_the_galaxy/vol_3/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-3-has-been-put-on-hold-in-the-wake-of-james-gunns-firing-a163136

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2018 11:39 pm

I'm pretty much of two minds. Gunn's comments were offensive, and the pics of him at that pedo themed party are pretty gross. But it was all ten or more years ago, and people can change. Still, I'm not ok with a lot of what he said, even as just jokes. That said, I like pretty much all of Gunn's films, so seeing him fired and GotG3 on hold really sucks.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2018 12:15 pm

TheDreamMaster wrote:
I'm pretty much of two minds. Gunn's comments were offensive, and the pics of him at that pedo themed party are pretty gross. But it was all ten or more years ago, and people can change. Still, I'm not ok with a lot of what he said, even as just jokes. That said, I like pretty much all of Gunn's films, so seeing him fired and GotG3 on hold really sucks.  

And if Dave Batista keeps on keeping up what he's doing, I wouldn't be surprised if he gets fired as well.

Carnage and She-Venom planned for future Venom movies.

Tom Hardy has a contract that has him locked into 3 Sony Marvel/Venom movies.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2018 4:06 pm

And who knows, maybe by Venom 3 we’ll actually get him fighting a Spider-Man lol.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 03, 2018 11:02 am

Dave Bautista Now Says He's No Longer Sure He Wants To Work For Disney After James Gunn's Firing
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/guardians_of_the_galaxy/vol_3/dave-bautista-now-says-hes-no-longer-sure-he-wants-to-work-for-disney-after-james-gunns-firing-a163288

Uh oh

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2018 7:44 pm

Avengers: Infinity War has surpassed Titanic as the 4th highest grossing movie domestically.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2018 7:37 pm

Kevin Fiege is taking over the X-Men franchise.

He's a huge fan of the X-Men so they will be in good hands.

And the Captain Marvel trailer hit 2 days ago.

Maybe it's me being a Godzilla fan who was already sold by how awesome the trailer for Godzilla: King Of The Monsters was, but this Captain Marvel trailer was just...there...Just...meh...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 5:51 pm

So far, early reviews have the Venom movie being compared to Fant4stic and Catwoman.

Well, there goes Sony's Spider-Manless Spiderverse.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 02, 2018 9:34 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
So far, early reviews have the Venom movie being compared to Fant4stic and Catwoman.

Tom hardy also went on “comics explained” YouTube channel and says his favorite parts of the movie to film aren’t in the movie. He even goes as far as to make a “sad Affleck” reference as Riz continues talking. He’s clearly not happy. What a train wreck.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2018 6:05 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Tom hardy also went on “comics explained” YouTube channel and says his favorite parts of the movie to film aren’t in the movie. He even goes as far as to make a “sad Affleck” reference as Riz continues talking. He’s clearly not happy. What a train wreck.

I think we all knew this Spidermanless Spiderverse would fail, but few of us thought that it would be THIS bad.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2018 5:07 pm

It looks like Avengers 4 will be the final time Chris Evans will play as Captain America.

This basically confirms 2 rumors.

1. Cap will die at the hands of Thanos in Avengers 4.

2. Captain Marvel will basically replace him after that.

Good luck with that one. The Captain Marvel trailer did nothing for me and Brie Larson looked as stiff and bland as Henry Cavill in Man Of Steel. But at least with MOS, that one wasn't Cavill's fault, mostly Snyder's and Goyer's via a bad script and character development.

And let's not forget the possibility of how badly Carol Danvers has been mistreated recently in the comics and how some might think it will bleed out in the MCU.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2018 12:39 pm

It looks like Tom Hardy had a large outburst of anger over Venom during filming. Not only that, but all of his favorite lines were cut out of the final movie.

Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2018 2:09 am

Well Evans pretty much confirmed this during filming. But you should never say never. There are always ways he can come back though it is about as likely as Ecuador developing permafrost at sea level.

As for your other points, I don't think it confirms either. There are many ways to address things without him dying for one. That is the super obvious route and Marvel likes to subvert expectations. Avengers 4 involves time travel in some form so why can't he just go back in time and stay in the 40s with Peggy like has been alluded to being his one big wish/regret? His mission defeating Thanos is done, his time out of time is done. If he is stuck in the 40s he can't come back to the present universe then can he? Use your imagination guys! Unless of course Tony doesn't die in 4, then Cap is dying.

She might be the spiritual successor or she might not be. They just have the same rank in their name. Plus Stark is seen as the figurehead of Marvel not Cap, and that is who they want to replace. If anything it will be an established character that takes over the lead or they will let the public decide. But my money is on Thor if Hemsworth is willing or Panther or something. Not that it matters as this is the last Avengers film, they are shaking things up massively after Avengers 4 in how they do movies.

BTW, they've based their films heavily on the Ultimates universe (the one without Cap Marvel), so while they take recent storylines for their characters, they don't take everything. For instance Pym is not a wife beater in the movies whereas he was just horrible in the Ultimates. Captain Marvel may have bad writing in comics now but that doesn't mean that is the modern take they use for her movie iteration.

What did Hardy expect? I saw this being a bad idea a light year away.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 08, 2018 9:31 pm

I called venom “another Sony disaster” in my previous post but it looks like I was somewhat wrong. Audiences seem to be enjoying it and the box office is doing well.

Still doesn’t look good to me, but any Sony good news is good for me.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 09, 2018 11:07 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I called venom “another Sony disaster” in my previous post but it looks like I was somewhat wrong. Audiences seem to be enjoying it and the box office is doing well.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/09/box-office-tom-hardys-venom-should-swing-past-100-million-today/#4530ab8cc6a9

Venom made 100 Million Domestic the first weekend-ish. Thats the best opening weekend ever for October! I think Sony is off to a good start.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 6:10 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2018/10/09/box-office-tom-hardys-venom-should-swing-past-100-million-today/#4530ab8cc6a9

Venom made 100 Million Domestic the first weekend-ish. Thats the best opening weekend ever for October! I think Sony is off to a good start.

Let's wait until after the second weekend.

If this does make a profit, then it's going to be harder for Disney/Marvel to get the Spider-Man rights back, or at least get their deal extended. Oh well, the X-Men and the F4 are back so I guess the MCU really doesn't need Spidy back after Away From Home anyway.

Captain Marvel will be the first of 7 movies that Brie Larson has signed on to.

Scarlett Johansson gets $15 million in pay for the Black Widow movie.

I wish we got this movie before Captain Marvel.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2018 7:11 pm

Ryan Coogler Will Return To Write & Direct Marvel's Upcoming BLACK PANTHER Sequel
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/black_panther/ryan-coogler-will-return-to-write-direct-marvels-upcoming-black-panther-sequel-a164064

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2018 6:46 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

If this does make a profit, then it's going to be harder for Disney/Marvel to get the Spider-Man rights back, or at least get their deal extended. Oh well, the X-Men and the F4 are back so I guess the MCU really doesn't need Spidy back after Away From Home anyway.

So yeah Captain Marvel may not be there for 7 movies
Brie Larson has disputed reports she is getting a 7 movie deal
And Star Is Born is underperforming and First Man was a flop so....
Venom projected to get the box office for a second weekend

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2018 6:57 am

Saw Venom last night, it wasnt the best MARVEL movie but it was pretty good.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 7:02 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Not only that, but I find it convenient that Marvel is ret-conning her entire backstory not long after they destroyed her via making her a semi-fascistic pseudo-lesbian, AKA Carl Manvers.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 12:43 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Not only that, but I find it convenient that Marvel is ret-conning her entire backstory not long after they destroyed her via making her a semi-fascistic pseudo-lesbian, AKA Carl Manvers.

Also I think its pretty obvious that BOTH the Kree and the Skrull in the Captain Marvel movie will be portrayed as assholes. (You do see a brief snip of her seemingly being brainwashed in the trailer-when she is being suspended upside down and having the energy going in her head, hence her blank expression when she is in the kree squad)

Anyway...
Venom has now hit 460 mil worldwide. and it STILL has yet to premiere in China. As it happens, the marketing + budget was about 400 mil. I think with it premiering in china soon, it will have enough money to guarantee a sequel now.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 2:06 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Also I think its pretty obvious that BOTH the Kree and the Skrull in the Captain Marvel movie will be portrayed as assholes. (You do see a brief snip of her seemingly being brainwashed in the trailer-when she is being suspended upside down and having the energy going in her head, hence her blank expression when she is in the kree squad)

Anyway...
Venom has now hit 460 mil worldwide. and it STILL has yet to premiere in China. As it happens, the marketing + budget was about 400 mil. I think with it premiering in china soon, it will have enough money to guarantee a sequel now.

I wonder how many people felt they got suckered in by Venom and won't see the sequel. This movie is hated by most critics and fans but the GA doesn't mind this.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2018 8:00 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Anyway...

I wonder how many people felt they got suckered in by Venom and won't see the sequel. This movie is hated by most critics and fans but the GA doesn't mind this.

According to Rotten Tomatoes it still has a 88 percent audience score even though Critics trashed it. Razz

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2018 6:35 pm

It looks like at least part of the Black Widow movie might take place in Miami.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2018 1:03 am

Venom to Open HUGE in China

Quote :
China Box Office Tracking: Venom is looking to make $65M-plus on opening weekend. The high anticipated film is strong in pre-sale like what Spidy, The Wasp did. Venom outpaced Spider-Man: Homecoming, Black Panther, The Wasp, Avengers: Age of Ultron & Cap America: Civil War in Chinese advance ticke sale at the same point. It probably would be the second-highest pre-seller of superhero films in history(only behind Infinity War)

Already broke 500 mil worldwide, and expected to reach With the China release it's expected to reach 650,000,000 with China.

Venoms getting a sequel for sure lol.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 11, 2018 5:41 pm

China brings Venoms worldwide total to 673 million

So its likely this thing is going to break 700 million now.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 13, 2018 6:10 pm

Josh Trank posted this via his Instagram account.

The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 46067380_2182524422030971_6427883540213399552_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2018 6:10 pm

REPORT: Bumblebee’s Travis Knight Could Direct Guardians Vol. 3
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1009243-report-bumblebees-travis-knight-could-direct-guardians-vol-3#HcsikJqablqqsjT6.99

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Marvel Comics Thread   The Marvel Comics Thread - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Marvel Comics Thread
Page 19 of 21Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next