Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

Location : In my den, rubbing my hands together and laughing maniacally.

The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 7:42 pm

...Alright, Rouge One was pretty awesome.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 9:43 pm

i haveto ask: are you guys deliberately calling it Rouge One instead of Rogue One or are those just typos Razz

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2016 9:57 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:
i haveto ask: are you guys deliberately calling it Rouge One instead of Rogue One or are those just typos Razz

Well, my computer loves to autocorrect words that are correct to incorrect words.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 6:16 pm

Oshronosaurus wrote:

They actually had "Rouge One" trending on Twitter when the first trailer dropped, lol

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2017 6:18 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Oshronosaurus wrote:

They actually had "Rouge One" trending on Twitter when the first trailer dropped, lol
yeah, i knew about that meme, too XD it's part of why i asked

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 5:57 pm

The Han Solo spinoff has been pushed back to Dec 2018.

Rouge One has made over $789.7 million dollars so far.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2017 11:59 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Good news for Jurassic regarding the Han Solo pushback... Cool
Back to top Go down
SmugTheFab
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
SmugTheFab

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 1:33 am

dance2nite wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Good news for Jurassic regarding the Han Solo pushback... Cool

Aye, agreed. Wink

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 1:53 am

i'd be willing to bet that they want to avoid JP siphoning off any money it could've earned--alot of good movies in the past were completely sunk because they were up against ones that were just plain better, or at least more attractive to audiences (off the top of my head, The Princess and the Frog was released at the same time as Avatar and suffered for it)

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 5:41 am

The delay wasnt because of Jurassic World 2, it was because the 3rd Avengers movie comes out a few weeks before this one was supposed to.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 7:53 am

Either way, the summer movies in 2018 will have more space to coexist. Putting Han Solo in December solidifies Disney's hold on the month, and allows for box office business to be more healthy and less claustrophobic, more in line with 2015's year rather than 2016.

Also, Sony apparently pegged their Amy Shumer Barbie movie for 22nd June 2018... the same date as Jurassic World 2's American release date...

Sony - Just. Give. Up. Just sell Columbia Pictures and TriStar Pictures to Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, anything!!

The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2017 9:07 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Either way, the summer movies in 2018 will have more space to coexist. Putting Han Solo in December solidifies Disney's hold on the month, and allows for box office business to be more healthy and less claustrophobic, more in line with 2015's year rather than 2016.

Also, Sony apparently pegged their Amy Shumer Barbie movie for 22nd June 2018... the same date as Jurassic World 2's American release date...

Sony - Just. Give. Up. Just sell Columbia Pictures and TriStar Pictures to Warner Bros, Paramount Pictures, Lionsgate, anything!!

A barbie film being pitted against Jurassic world 2, a sequel to a film that made 1.67b worldwide?

Top minds at Sony, amirite?

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 12:21 am

I wonder for how long we'll be seeing annual Star Wars movies in December. TFA's box office went extremely well in December, and I think that's a major reason why they're doing this. I have a feeling SW9 will also be moved to December.
With the Han Solo movie gone from May 25th, Paramount should just move the Bumblebee movie there. The current June 8th release date would be disastrous for it.
In all fairness, the Barbie movie and JW2 does have different target audiences.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 04, 2017 6:06 pm

Obi-Wan Kenobi and Darth Maul will have a rematch on Rebels.

I'm still hoping for a Vader vs. Maul lightsaber duel, but I still like this news.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2017 10:01 am

Stara Wars: Rouge One has made over $838 million dollars.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 12:52 pm

Star Wars: Rouge One has made $914 million. And it's still the number one movie in theaters.

This movie is going to make a billion dollars.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 08, 2017 2:10 pm

To no-ones surprise.

But I wonder if in 10 years, when the masses have already seen 47 further Star Wars sequel/prequel/reboot/standalone-stories all revolving around familiar safe themes in the cinematic universe, that the studios have harder time of hitting the box office targets.

I loved RLM's latest Rogue One fake-fanboy-hype-podcast parody by the way.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Mistral wrote:
To no-ones surprise.

But I wonder if in 10 years, when the masses have already seen 47 further Star Wars sequel/prequel/reboot/standalone-stories all revolving around familiar safe themes in the cinematic universe, that the studios have harder time of hitting the box office targets.

Eh...no. This was the first anthology movies and if it got negative reviews, while still would have been profitable, the chances of more movies would have been in trouble. That and
Spoiler:
was hardly a safe choice. It's not about being safe as so much as it's about being different while still being faithful.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 10:02 pm

barring MatPat's theory about the Rogue One cast which turned out to be wrong, there wasn't much they could've done with the film aside from its tone anyway since the end result was already set with Ep4, same reason why (in my opinion) the ending of Ep3 was so contrived--the future of the story is already set and they had to get to it somehow, so OBVIOUSLY Anakin loses all his arms and legs and becomes Vader at the end and R2 and 3PO simply NEEDED to have their memories wiped since they don't explain anything about the Prequels in the Originals: the Rogue One unit as elaborated on/implied there clearly wasn't part of the Rebels anymore or else they would've been mentioned at the very least
Spoiler:
even if Rogue One had gotten bad reviews, that wouldn't mean the end of the spin-off movies, it probably would've just meant that future entries would be altered slightly to be more like the previous films, or maybe like Clone Wars or Rebels in tone. Star Wars in general is famous and endearing enough that they could make just about anything for it and it would sell. the whole point of them is to fill in the gaps for the new EU.

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 1:36 pm

Star Wars: Rouge One has made $925 million dollars.

It did bomb in China though. That's mainly because the original trilogy wasn't released there, but the prequel trilogy was.

Star Wars 9 won't have CGI Leia.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2017 6:02 pm

Man you throw around the word "bomb" way too much when it comes to movies, lol. Rogue One only bringing in 31 million in China doesnt even really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 12:54 am

the key words there were "bombed in China", as in "not successful in China specifically". failing financially there doesn't mean that it's suddenly an international failure after making almost a billion and, presumably, still climbing.

i find it more interesting that, for whatever reason it is, the Original Trilogy wasn't released in China at all. i suppose that explains why Backstroke of the West exists, but i wonder why?

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 4:42 am

I mean I know it's exactly not new practice but didn't they start putting some Chinese people in these new films purely because of the Chinese market targeting? It's not really working. Not that it really matter since whether or not film tops 1 billion in time X only matters to people making money of it and sensitive fans
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 15, 2017 2:09 pm

I don't know where you got your information but the Original Trilogy was released in China....18 months ago....

The problem is the new Star Wars films are not China's cup of tea apparently. TFA put some to sleep I guess and Rogue is just an easter egg fest to A New Hope and has a REALLY slow start before it revs up to something pretty fun.

Mistral, they did it so that China would release their films in said country and also to drive ticket sales. Iron Man 3 was a prime example where they got an alternate cut just to appeal to China. It is hit and miss.

Osh, not sure if they would have reigned it in to be more like the shows or OT if Rogue failed (although it did get reshot to feel more Star Wars). I think they would have just exhibited tighter control on each production outside of the Episodes and held the director's hands so the movies fit the creative group's "vision". Although i have doubts about that with Kennedy at the helm.
Back to top Go down
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 12:07 am

well that's not really what i'd meant with my earlier post--more just wondering as to why, apparently, only the Prequels got a Chinese release before now

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 4:00 am

Sorry Osh, the China bit wasn't actually directed to you. It was more at Rhedo who reported it (and actually probably not his fault either. Just that it wasn't right per se).

But it was due to China being closed to Western culture until recent IIRC. Nothing got through until close to the Millennium and obviously Star Wars is much older. And then the originals weren't in the spotlight until the late 90s for a small time and never again until TFA. I think it was a combo of inaccessibility, FOX not doing much in the way of re-releasing and just plain bad timing regarding the Chinese market and SW.

I am not sure the Indy movies have ever gone there either. Or something like Jaws.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 2:15 pm

Scott B wrote:
Sorry Osh, the China bit wasn't actually directed to you. It was more at Rhedo who reported it (and actually probably not his fault either. Just that it wasn't right per se).

But it was due to China being closed to Western culture until recent IIRC. Nothing got through until close to the Millennium and obviously Star Wars is much older. And then the originals weren't in the spotlight until the late 90s for a small time and never again until TFA. I think it was a combo of inaccessibility, FOX not doing much in the way of re-releasing and just plain bad timing regarding the Chinese market and SW.

I am not sure the Indy movies have ever gone there either. Or something like Jaws.

You're right, it was due to inaccessibility. Here's what the article about how Rouge One bombing in China said about the originals in China.

Quote :
Part of the problem is that the original Star Wars movies weren't released in China, because the market wasn't open for movies made in the U.S. at the time. The prequel trilogy did get released in China, but those were, as most of us know, not nearly as beloved as the original trilogy to say the least. So, many people in the country aren't as familiar with the characters and universe that Star Wars inhabits. Despite Disney's massive marketing campaigns for both Star Wars: The Force Awakens and Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, a movie that included two very recognizable Chinese actors in the form of Donnie Yen and Jiang Wen, they haven't been able to crack the market wide open.

Rouge One is the second biggest domestic movie of 2016. Not only that, but it's also the second highest grossing Star Wars movie domestically, too.

So far, it's made just under $980 million dollars.

Back to top Go down
T-rex-king
Embryo
Embryo
T-rex-king

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 10:29 pm

Just a personal pet peeve...it's Rogue One, not Rouge One

http://z6.invisionfree.com/RPLegacy/index.php?act=idx
Oshronosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
Oshronosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 11:06 pm

yeah, i wonder if that's just a genuine typo, if a very persistent one, or if everyone's just being facetious Razz

Join the Brethren!
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 4:15 pm

After the Droid army shut down, was there any attempt to turn them back on and use them again by either side? If not, then why. I mean, the Destroyer Droids would still be formidable foes and the Rebels needed a lot of firepower.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 5 of 31Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 18 ... 31  Next