Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:31 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tommy Wiseau wants to direct a Star Wars movie.

If this were to happen, then I would pay full price to see this. I actually WANT this to happen.

Make it happen Disney.

I’m all in personally. I think it would actually make quite a bit of money. Lol
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:40 pm

So apparently the entire plot leaked. And people are PISSED.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 10:56 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:

I'm just surprised that it took this long for the plot to be released via Twitter.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 11:03 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I'm just surprised that it took this long for the plot to be released via Twitter.

someone who saw the movie was taking questions on the box office theory forums and apparently its all legit. ugh.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 11:42 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

someone who saw the movie was taking questions on the box office theory forums and apparently its all legit. ugh.

I take it that it was an overzealous fanboy?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 12, 2017 11:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I take it that it was an overzealous fanboy?

Movie doesnt come out until Friday so not that long now until people see it so I dont want to ruin it.

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 13, 2017 4:34 am

I think this will be a movie I need to see to analyse properly. From what I’ve heard some of this movie is a bit of a mindscrew.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 12:17 am

Just got out of the Last Jedi, first impressions, very disappointing, the story felt like it went nowhere & didn't progress at all from the end of TFA, 5/10, too long as well, film just dragged! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:04 am

dance2nite wrote:
Just got out of the Last Jedi, first impressions, very disappointing, the story felt like it went nowhere & didn't progress at all from the end of TFA, 5/10, too long as well, film just dragged! Sad

So was I right about the thing that pissed off the audiences?

Spoiler:

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 1:35 am

I’ve had very mixed opinions from my friends. Make me very keen to see it.

Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 4:18 am

MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Spoiler:
I'd give the movie 8/10.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 11:46 am

dance2nite wrote:

I am seeing it tonight. But I have read a lot of spoilers. Is it true that this movie
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 6:00 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

I am seeing it tonight. But I have read a lot of spoilers. Is it true that this movie
Spoiler:

The film just feels useless as a whole to me personally, no progression from TFA & what JJ built up with TFA regarding Rey's parentage, Snoke & Luke, Rian just s**t on. You will see what I mean when u watch the film.

Overall I'd rate it on par with AOTC & the only film that was worse was TPM!
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 11:06 pm

dance2nite wrote:

Just got back. Wow I’m disappointed beyond words. I felt like I watched 20-30 minutes of actual content and 2 hours of filler. Everything I wanted from TFA was not even close to being delivered upon.

Also hated the comedy. Very jarring. And the constant cut aways to different stuff in super important scenes was maddening.

Edit: everything about that JJ stuff disappointed me.

Massive spoilers obviously

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 11:34 pm

ouch. Sounds like the people who said "better then empire strikes back" were lying.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
ouch. Sounds like the people who said "better then empire strikes back" were lying.

Ehhh. Maybe. But I think this will be a very divisive film over all for the fans.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 14, 2017 11:53 pm

Yeah, this is still leagues below ESB.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 12:35 am

Troyal1 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Just got back. Wow I’m disappointed beyond words. I felt like I watched 20-30 minutes of actual content and 2 hours of filler. Everything I wanted from TFA was not even close to being delivered upon.

Also hated the comedy. Very jarring. And the constant cut aways to different stuff in super important scenes was maddening.

Edit: everything about that JJ stuff disappointed me.

Massive spoilers obviously

Spoiler:

Agree 100%, thought this was going to be so much better! Sad
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 6:03 pm

I have to ask 3 questions.

1. I've often heard that Star Wars fans don't really know what they want. Does anybody consider that true?

2. I've always believed that KK isn't as good as people think because of how Disney as a whole learned to wrong lessons for the prequels and are afraid to try something new. Does anybody consider this true as well?

3. How does this compare to the JP fanbase and what they what to see?

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 6:57 pm

1. Possibly true, but IMO it's true of every fan base to some degree.

2. True, but TLJ was an improvement.

3. Half the time the JP fan base seems weary of anything new, the other half disappointed with anything too similar to what came before. It's why JW was such a compromise, IMO. Again, it's true with pretty much every fan base.

Overall I enjoyed TLJ, and this is coming from someone who hated TFA and thought RO was mediocre. I liked that Rian Johnson infused some new ideas and fresh energy into it, and felt the acting was much improved across the board, with Mark Hamill giving a stand-out performance.

It's not the direction I'd have taken the franchise or the Luke character, and there's some fan-filmy quality to it, as there will be when they continue to ape the original films. But this is as good a movie as we're going to get out of the nostalgia-fueled phase Lucasfilm is in.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 7:07 pm

I have yet to see the film but from what I have heard. I am not surprise about what certain cast members have said about the characters directions.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 15, 2017 7:48 pm

I'll just quote what I wrote on Twitter after seeing it for the first time:

"Just returned from seeing #TheLastJedi

Holy crap...

To say I enjoyed it would be putting it mildly. This is about as different a film as you can get from The Force Awakens; taking risks, toying with expectations and keeping suspense high, leaving some mysteries to be answered."

And yet, reading how intense the individual negative fan responses were, and many throwing denial (as in five stages of grief) at people who seemed to legitimately like the film, did catch me off guard. I do want to watch it again (this time with my dad and my brother) to digest things properly.

The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 16, 2017 8:42 pm

It isn't close to an Empire Strikes Back or A New Hope...or even Revenge of the Sith but it is good and it is better than Force Awakens. It also resolved the biggest qualm I had going in somewhat satisfactorily.

It does a decent job being a middle movie in a trilogy.
Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 3:27 pm

Saw the film last night. There are things I loved, there are more that I hated. I’m really torn on this movie but I’ll need a second viewing. I’ve never felt so torn about a movie before.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 4:01 pm

TRK wrote:
Saw the film last night. There are things I loved, there are more that I hated. I’m really torn on this movie but I’ll need a second viewing. I’ve never felt so torn about a movie before.

You're not alone. While critics like this movie, this movie is VERY divisive right now since it does many new things while maintaining the old. It's not a semi-remake of Empire Strikes Back like TFA was a semi-remake of ANH, which is very nice to hear.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 4:05 pm

Kylo in many ways is a reverse Revan of sorts. I could see a lot of the old republic in this movie.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 17, 2017 6:26 pm

Saw the movie, I think I can see why people would hate some parts. I didnt 'hate' anything, except maybe Canto Blight and an unnecessary shirtless scene...

but yeah, I can see why people would call Kylo a 'reverse Revan'. I wonder if they are going to make him turn light side in the last one.

Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 1:22 am

Might get some different opinions but I honestly believe that kylo was the strongest part of the movie.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 2:21 pm

Mark Hamill reveals some very interesting nuggets of info regarding Colin Trevorrow's brief involvement with the making of Episode IX:

3:50

"I had discussions with Colin, and I was very excited because we were on the same page in terms of where we wanted it to go and how we wanted to see Luke in a way we've never seen him, even in this current version. But I don't know what went on, I don't wanna know because there's no upside to that story... Sometimes ignorance is bliss."

The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 18, 2017 5:28 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Mark Hamill reveals some very interesting nuggets of info regarding Colin Trevorrow's brief involvement with the making of Episode IX:

3:50

"I had discussions with Colin, and I was very excited because we were on the same page in terms of where we wanted it to go and how we wanted to see Luke in a way we've never seen him, even in this current version. But I don't know what went on, I don't wanna know because there's no upside to that story... Sometimes ignorance is bliss."

I still don't believe the rumors that he was fired for misbehaving. If anything else, I still think all that's a cover story to hide the fact that KK has lost her touch from JP3 to today.

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 20 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 25 ... 31  Next