Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 13, 2019 6:46 am

6 different endings for the new Star Wars movie.

This is shaping up like a trainwreck.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2019 7:12 pm

Rolling Eyes

Anyways, moving onto actually having a worthwhile and intelligent discussion instead of useless groaning and moaning designed to run people off.

I came across this article on Inverse that sets up the fact that Palpatine has been working through ethereal means in readjusting the timeline. I admit, this is an interesting setup with some interesting ramifications for the character. It also helps explain that whole "Dark Rey" thing we had at the end of the little teaser we got too, which easily could be done if Palpatine is playing with the timeline. That said it would also do well to tie in with the Mortis arc and the World Between Worlds where time travel was shown to be possible in the SW universe. Given I think there's some Legends stuff that dabbled with it, but the time travel component where it was brought to the fore front. Often I've seen SW classified as fantasy science fiction instead of science fiction itself because it doesn't have the technobabble/science component. So if this is actually the plot of IX I gotta say it is an interesting attempt to incorporate that finally within the mythology of the series.    

One thing the article does suggest was that basically the altered new Disney canon we've gotten is a byproduct of Palpatine messing with things on the ethereal plain. I admit, it's interesting and plays with a multiverse angle that series like Transformers has done for years. Transformers have numerous continuities and designated them as universal streams for those that are unfamiliar with the concept. Basically Generation One is in a different continuity from the Live Action Bay films basically. I've mentioned this concept with Jurassic Park/World series before with the differences between the films and novels too at points.

So with this it's essentially a way to still have everything be valid and meaningful to the fans and therefore a nice way to appease everybody in a sense. If the Legends continuity had a similar thing with the new EU for SW and goes forward with a multiverse setup I could see it winning a lot of people over again. Then again this is all speculation and interesting to discuss the prospect of and then compare once we get the final product.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
http://www.jurassic-pedia.com/
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 8:15 am

Rumor: A Spin-Off of ‘Solo’ is Planned for Disney+
http://starwarsunity.net/2019/09/15/rumor-a-spin-off-of-solo-is-planned-for-disney/

Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 11:44 am

Dead2009 wrote:
Rumor: A Spin-Off of ‘Solo’ is Planned for Disney+
http://starwarsunity.net/2019/09/15/rumor-a-spin-off-of-solo-is-planned-for-disney/

If it pans out then I'm really glad it is going to get a chance to resolve the unresolved portions of Solo with Qi'ra and Maul part of the storyline hopefully. Admittedly knowing the outcome of what happens to Maul in Rebels does kind spoil that whatever his plan was it was unsuccessful.

I'm still gonna keep my fingers crossed for a Palpatine movie or even spin-off series detailing how he became a Sith Lord and all that. If it ever happens then hopefully re-canonize elements of the Plagueis novel. I really enjoyed reading that.

"So you walk eternally through the shadow realms, standing against evil where all others falter. May your thirst for retribution never quench, may the blood on your sword never dry, and may we never need you again." - Corrax Entry 7:17
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 17, 2019 5:37 pm

Personally I don't think we really need a Palpatine origin story (which we got a lot of in the prequels anyway). IMO we've already had Vader, Boba Fett, and most likely at some point Kylo Ren's origins explained - leave Palpatine mysterious! Razz
Back to top Go down
TyrannosaurTJ
Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 10:05 am

Bah! Though I do get where you're coming from here and I kind of agree with it somewhat. The prequels did a good job and showed things, but the reason I am suggesting what I am is because I want to see why Palpatine did these things. I want to see what his motivations in the past with all this was. Was he well intentioned? Was he just born with an insatiable blood lust and desire to kill things? and lastly how and why he became a Sith Lord? What was his reasons? See the prequels don't answer those questions, they don't examine the psychology of the character. So that's why I said I think one spin off story for him is needed.

Honestly I loved the Darth Plagueis novel because it shed more light on his character and basically showed what kind of person he was before becoming what he ultimately became. That's mostly why I'd like to see something with it brought back fully since the whole thing is Legends now. As a character, I find Palpatine interesting and so that's why I wouldn't mind if there was a chance to see under the microscope with him and find out how, what, and why he's motivated and when and why he decided to go down his path.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 18, 2019 2:17 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Personally I don't think we really need a Palpatine origin story (which we got a lot of in the prequels anyway). IMO we've already had Vader, Boba Fett, and most likely at some point Kylo Ren's origins explained - leave Palpatine mysterious! Razz
I treat the Plagueis novel as Palpatine's origin story, personally. Thus far, nothing contradicts it.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 26, 2019 8:26 am

George Lucas said he feels betrayed by Disney. He also says that he really didn't like TFA because it wasn't original enough.

I agree with Lucas. TFA really was more of a rehash then JW was.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2019 3:12 pm

The Rise Of Skywalker is STILL being filmed.

Back to top Go down
JVM
Hatchling
Hatchling
JVM

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2019 12:09 am

I grew up with the Star Wars films and though most over thirty will insist the prequel films are desolate garbage, I was too young to question Phantom Menace and if you accept that at face value, the rest isn't so difficult. Those six films formed a crucial, foundational element of the person I became today, philosophically and creatively. No film will ever make me feel the way Revenge of the Sith did, seeing it on opening night in theaters as an older kid.

I can't stand the franchise anymore, any of it. It's all hot garbage. The self-seriousness that these films have been assigned, long before the Disney takeover but significantly codified by it, has completely ruined them. These are not supposed to be the pinnacle of filmmaking, and they never were. They are supposed to campy, melodramatic throwbacks to an earlier era with more advanced special effects relatively speaking. The way film culture corrupted the franchise as something far more sophisticated than it was has ruined the overall conception of the franchise in a way no single good film can ever fix.

The fact people hold up Han Solo as one of the greatest characters in all of film history, someone who is a very bland archetype in every single script and only ever seemed smart because of Harrison Ford's acting, probably says it most... which is exactly why Ford had no desire to return to the role, or these movies.

Rise of Skywalker is going to be especially terrible though; making a film about the pointlessness of nostalgia and following up with a nostalgic pseudo-finale was a stupid decision. The Last Jedi was designed to set up more adventures with these new characters, so bringing back Lando, Sidious, Wedge, and Ghost Luke and such, is incredibly disingenuous and hypocritical. Tell new stories that no longer relate to the earlier films or embrace the fact you're doing reunion movies and wear it on your sleeves. You can't keep trying to be both. Either out come could have been fine, instead we're getting a frankensteined effort to retroactively paint this as a nine movie saga.

The only franchise that needs a harder death than Jurassic is Star Wars.

Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 22, 2019 11:00 am

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2019 6:41 am

Too bad it makes Anakin Skywalker's/Darth Vader's sacrifice at the end of ROTJ pointless now...

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 29, 2019 8:41 am

The Game Of Thrones creators are no longer attached to the Star Wars trilogy that they were going to make.

They rushed the ending of GOT for that sweet Star Wars money and in the end, they got nothing.
lol! lol! lol!

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2019 5:03 pm

JVM wrote:
I grew up with the Star Wars films and though most over thirty will insist the prequel films are desolate garbage, I was too young to question Phantom Menace and if you accept that at face value, the rest isn't so difficult. Those six films formed a crucial, foundational element of the person I became today, philosophically and creatively. No film will ever make me feel the way Revenge of the Sith did, seeing it on opening night in theaters as an older kid.

I think that while there are people who hate the prequels, their backlash has been made out to be bigger than it actually was. It was nowhere near the backlash of TLJ. I very clearly remember most people actually being genuinely happy with every prequel.

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2019 1:18 pm

Carrie Fisher Will Only Have 8 Minutes in The Rise of Skywalker
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1108847-carrie-fisher-will-only-have-8-minutes-in-the-rise-of-skywalker#jKDTM617lrjjyFhU.99

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 22, 2019 12:11 pm

Kathleen Kennedy says it's hard to make a Star Wars movie due to 'lack of source material.'

Quote wrote:
“Every one of these movies is a particularly hard nut to crack. There’s no source material. We don’t have comic books. We don’t have 800-page novels. We don’t have anything other than passionate storytellers who get together and talk about what the next iteration might be.”

I guess she forgot about the Dark Horse comics and all the other comics and books that were part of the old EU she rendered non-canon.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 12, 2019 7:51 am

HUGE NEWS!

Sweden's version of the MPAA has basically spoiled Rise Of Skywalker.

Spoilers in the link here.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 7:48 am

Disney is braced for the backlash against Rise Of Skywalker.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 17, 2019 5:08 pm

Going to see it tomorrow morning, hoping it's better than TFA & TLJ & a satisfying conclusion to the Skywalker saga...
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 12:08 am

It was one of the worst SW films up there with TPM, just ridiculous, really wish they never made this sequel trilogy now, it's just been pointless, makes the prequel trilogy look like a masterpiece. It also makes you appreciate the new JW films too, so much better so far then the new SW trilogy...
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 20, 2019 3:42 am

Just got home from a 10 O'clock showing of "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker." No spoilers from me, but in a word INTENSE!

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 23, 2019 7:53 am

I considered this movie to be a trainwreck. This was a giant middle finger to ROTJ and the franchise in general. So much for Vader's sacrifice bringing balance to the Force

What kills me is that in the end...
Spoiler:

Back when I was on JPL, I always questioned if this sequel trilogy was worth it. Now I have to say it wasn't. For as much as I have said that the past movies undermined the ending of TLW, this movie did FAR more damage. So underwhelming, especially when Avengers: Endgame came out this year.

I'm just utterly disgusted with the whole sequel trilogy.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 12:47 pm

Here's an interesting video about the Lucus/Abrams cut of the movie.

And here's the actual Reddit link.

I'm not saying that this cut would have been a masterpiece, but at least it would have been better then we got.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 03, 2020 2:13 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Here's an interesting video about the Lucus/Abrams cut of the movie.

And here's the actual Reddit link.

I'm not saying that this cut would have been a masterpiece, but at least it would have been better then we got.

I honestly think that reddit post seeps of conspiracy theory, especially with the whole "Disney set JJ up to fail because WB wanted to offer him superman" Idk, something about that line doesnt smell right.

Gallimimus
Gallimimus
TyrannosaurTJ

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 07, 2020 4:13 pm

I enjoyed the film immensely and consider it a nice book end to bring both the PT and OT together. Very well done.

Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 5:35 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I considered this movie to be a trainwreck. This was a giant middle finger to ROTJ and the franchise in general. So much for Vader's sacrifice bringing balance to the Force

What kills me is that in the end...
Spoiler:

Back when I was on JPL, I always questioned if this sequel trilogy was worth it. Now I have to say it wasn't. For as much as I have said that the past movies undermined the ending of TLW, this movie did FAR more damage. So underwhelming, especially when Avengers: Endgame came out this year.

I'm just utterly disgusted with the whole sequel trilogy.

Wich is why me (and many other fans) have chosen to only consider canon the 6 films George Lucas made. It is the only way to "save" the whole thing.

I see the Disney trilogy as just big Budget fan fiction. Because they have altered, changed, and ruined so much of the rules of that universe that there is just no way to fix it. And the sad part is that the people of Lucasfilm attack the fans by misrepresenting us as "racist" and "sexist" when race and gender are just flat out not the concern of anyone.

The issues are that the entire original trilogy is now meaningless. The journey of Luke to become a noble and heroic jedi is worth nothing because he ended up like a coward who failed to build a new Jedi Order. (Not to mention he became a coward because his nephew turned to the dark side but in the original trilogy he had much more adversity and still kept his brave and noble personality).

Then there is the whole jedi ghosts have powers now...So where were they in previous battles? Why did we not see ghost Yoda use lighting on Episode 7 ?

And on top of that...Jedi can now heal others and make others come back to life, so every death is just questionable now...Why did Obi Wan not heal Qui Gon in The Phantom Menace?

It is just sad that they gaslight us as just crazy inmature fanboys when we actually have valid points. That go beyond "Oh I did not get what I want".

https://www.facebook.com/Petition-to-have-a-T-Rex-Spinosaurus-rematch-in-Jurassic-World-2-194141920665797/
Back to top Go down
newLEGACYinc
Embryo
Embryo
newLEGACYinc

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 8:13 am

I look at 2 of your complaints this way:

1. Luke isn't a coward because his nephew turned to the dark side, I mean who would want to fight a family member who turned evil if you knew you had the possibility of bringing them back to the light side of the Force? It's bad enough he had to watch his father die in his arms after bringing him back over.

2. I feel like you're underestimating the entire concept of the Force. If an energy source so powerful that can connect universes can't bring something back to life, what's the point?
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 9:41 am

newLEGACYinc wrote:
I look at 2 of your complaints this way:

1. Luke isn't a coward because his nephew turned to the dark side, I mean who would want to fight a family member who turned evil if you knew you had the possibility of bringing them back to the light side of the Force? It's bad enough he had to watch his father die in his arms after bringing him back over.

2. I feel like you're underestimating the entire concept of the Force. If an energy source so powerful that can connect universes can't bring something back to life, what's the point?

1. Rian Johnson wrote him as a coward, he literally does tell Rey he is scared of the power of Kylo Ren. On top of that he straight up refuses to help his sister. Not to mention he had it worse in the original trilogy, his aunt and uncle were killed, his mentor was killed, his best friend (Biggs) was killed, his hand was cut off by his father, his other mentor died, and the Emperor nearly killed him, and yet Luke remained noble and heroic. But nephew has some darkness in him and he throws everything away?

2. Ok then, why not have a new Jedi knight who can time travel then and cancel the events of the first 6 films? See where I am getting at? Continuing to add new powers without explaining them creates more and more plot holes and more or less cancels the previous 6 films.

Back to top Go down
newLEGACYinc
Embryo
Embryo
newLEGACYinc

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 03, 2020 6:45 pm

I still don't look at that as being a coward, I look at that as a guy who's tired of being surrounded by death especially when it comes to family.
Back to top Go down
#TRexSpinorematch
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
#TRexSpinorematch

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 04, 2020 12:14 am

newLEGACYinc wrote:
I still don't look at that as being a coward, I look at that as a guy who's tired of being surrounded by death especially when it comes to family.

A Jedi Master who is more powerful than his student being afraid of him and refusing to confront him is not a coward?

And it just goes beyond that, the fact that Rian Johnson wrote Luke to think that the Jedi Order is some sort of big problematic faliure when the Jedi actually kept the peace in the galaxy for over a thousand years and only let Palpatine rule for about 25 years and it was a Jedi who ended his rule. Not a bad record for the Jedi if you ask me.

That is the thing The Last Jedi supporters do not seem to understand. No one is hating on the film because it is "different" people hate it because way too many things make no sense and on top of that the people that are pointing out the things that make no sense are portrayed as "toxic".

It really is the worst form of gaslighting.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 30 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 30 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next