Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

The Star Wars thread

Go down 
+45
The Malone Society
Quetzalcoatlus
Oviraptor
BoulderFaceplant
TyrannoFan
Raptor_Guard999
Robotpo
jericho
K_Ozz92
Six-Foot Turkey
Herrerasaurus
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Bbrink1996
dance2nite
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
CT-1138
TheDreamMaster
Levine
1morey
Oshronosaurus
TheRexMan22
T-rex-king
SmugTheFab
V.a.nublarensis
Nedryland
smaugtheterrible
Océane
HennexForest
Baryonyx111
Dr. Wu
GwrChurchward
DoYouKnowTheMuffinMan?
Velociraptor Rex
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
Raptor Blue
CloneTrooper101
evolution_rex
Mysterious Hero M
MissDNA
Scott B
Darth Spidey
Dead2009
49 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
AuthorMessage
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 7:34 pm

This is gonna sound kinda conspiracy like, but you know Lucas hand picked Kennedy, right? I wonder if he picked her knowing she doesn't make the best decisions with franchises and knew she'd fuck up SW, wanting to sabotage the franchise as final act of spite to the fans that spat on him. Lucas despised the corporate Hollywood system, reluctantly working with Fox only out of necessity. However, Kathleen Kennedy is kinda the epitome of corporate Hollywood, always sticking her spoon in the soup when its not wanted and mucking things up when she does. The exact kind of system Lucas wanted to work outside of.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2019 7:58 pm

I honestly think he went with the first convenient person he could find, and Kennedy was a trusted right-hand woman for Spielberg and Amblin for years.

Remember Lucas also sold his treatments for the sequel trilogy along with his company...he couldn't have known they'd throw out his ideas, that JJ Abrams would undo everything that had happened in the OT in Episode 7, that Rian Johnson would undo everything JJ Abrams had set up in Episode 8, that Solo would change directors mid-stream, and so on.

I actually suspect that the franchise can rebound with the Weiss and Benioff movies (assuming Kennedy is gone or has a limited role).
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2019 10:03 pm

Darth Vader Is The Biggest Force User, Lightsaber Dueler in Star Wars
https://411mania.com/movies/darth-vader-is-the-biggest-force-user-lightsaber-dueler-in-star-wars/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 6:19 pm

According to this, Star Wars has lost over $3.7 billion of it's total value all because of Kathleen Kennedy.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 7:11 pm

So she did the same thing to SW that she previously did the JP...I'm shocked, shocked I say!
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:13 pm

I don't think he chose her just to see his life's accomplishments flame out. He spent 40 years and his first marriage building that franchise and lucasfilm ltd. It is more like he thought having someone he knew since 1980 on the inside would help keep his foot in the door on the creative process. Or keep his vision alive. She didn't. I also don't think he wanted to see his friend just get absolutely crushed. Maybe Spielberg advised him to pick her and lucas trusted him implicitly.

Might I add that Lucas is still working on Indiana Jones 5 and KK is also still attached.
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2019 8:35 pm

I actually read here that Lucas is not involved in Indy 5, he's totally retired apparently.

Also, according to this the Rian Johnson trilogy is still going forward, despite TLJ having horribly disappointed and fragmented so much of the fan base. Kathy just doesn't learn...

That said, IMO SW may not "die" necessarily, I just think we're in a for a long slog with the watered-down Disney/Kennedy version.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 24, 2019 2:08 pm

The thing that Lucas did that made SW so successful was he took risks. He pushed the boundaries of effects, sound, and camera work. Hell, I'd say he pushed the boundaries of model work. Kennedy, as a lifelong producer, doesn't understand taking risks and pushing boundaries. As a producer, her first and foremost job is to make money. To just about any producer out there the idea of taking risks means chancing money on something that could fail. Lucas was a great director as well as businessman. He understood what he wanted, and got the money to do it one way or another. Kennedy doesn't see the potential in risking money, only the drawbacks. That's why LFL under Kennedy has been so watered down. Arguably, the one time they didn't play it safe with a story that wasn't 100% guaranteed to make money was with TLJ, and see where that got them. A lot of money from a dissatisfied fanbase.

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 26, 2019 6:42 pm

You know what Disney and Star Wars reminds me of? How Universal brought the JP rights without knowing what to truly do.

Rhedosaurus wrote:
It looks like the Star Wars movie franchise is in larger trouble then we thought.

http://www.esquire.com/entertainment/tv/news/a55892/young-han-solo-star-wars-9-problems/?src=socialflowTW

Lucasfilm isn't happy with Alden Ehrenreich's performance as Han Solo.

Max Landis says that Lucasfilm didn't have a real plan after The Force Awakens.

If all this is true, then I guess that Fox is now my new choice as to which studio I want to get the JP franchise rights after JP6/JW3. WB would be my other choice, but that only if the deal with AT&T is done, since it would cure WB's debt.

In both cases, they wanted something and didn't quite know what to do with it.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2019 6:07 pm

It looks like George Lucas is coming back to fix Luke in SW9.

Good ol' George is coming home!

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 8:19 pm

The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Star-wars-saga-mural-celebration-original-trilogy-1164908

^^ Mural from SW Celebration 2019 starting tomorrow. This just makes me remember how much I love the OT, and how much I don't care about the Disney films.
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2019 10:14 pm

The entire thing is going to be like 80ft long, and feature a section from every movie. Can't wait to see it in person!

CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 1:49 pm

Luke: "No one's ever really gone."
CUE: Emperor Laugh Shocked

Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2019 7:20 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
Luke: "No one's ever really gone."
CUE: Emperor Laugh Shocked

I just hope that they don't kill off Lando for the sake of adding in new characters or for the LOL's a la Snoke.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 12:05 pm

Emperor Palpatine Returns For Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker!
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1059129-emperor-palpatine-returns-for-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker#Ji7JUxt7hHVjGsLc.99

If you hadn't seen the trailer yet, consider this a spoiler

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2019 1:43 pm

This looks like it's just more of the same to me, but at least the story (from what little we know), doesn't sound like a retread ALA TFA.

Bringing back the Emperor further undoes/undermines Luke's legacy (and Anakin's), but it helps tie this trilogy into the two previous one a lot better, so I don't know. Some people are speculating Sheev will just appear as a hologram, which sort-of fits in with JJ's approach so far.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 10:17 am

The mural looks great at the convention.

The trailer ticks me off because the first 6 movies have no point if Palpatine is back as anything more than a Hologram....unless they plan to undermine Rey and have Anakin come back to vanquish Palpatine again.

Speaking of Hayden, he seems shorter in person than on film.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 2:10 pm

I have mixed feelings about Emperor Palpitine coming back. On the one hand, it really undermines Anakin's sacrifice in ROTJ (Although you could argue this whole sequel trilogy already did that with the past two movies). On the other hand, given how much of the force Luke showed he could use in TLJ and how powerful Palpitine was in both the prequel trilogy and the OT, it does make sense for him to come back. Even more so considering how we never really knew how Snoke rose to power and how in the Dark Horse comics, he used cloned bodies to keep on living.

Personally, I think it's kind of stupid, but at the same time, I do get why this is happening and it makes some sense while being interesting.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 2:47 pm

Abrams Met with George Lucas Prior to Writing Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
Read more at https://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/1059309-abrams-met-with-george-lucas-prior-to-writing-star-wars-the-rise-of-skywalker#QEt0hQB5jUz4zYb7.99

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 14, 2019 5:00 pm

"The Mandalorian" Footage, Trailer & Behind-the-Scenes Reel - watch now before they're taken down!
Back to top Go down
CT-1138
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 7:17 pm

Sad Wookiee Roars only, plz. Sad

Peter Mayhew, RIP

Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2019 7:41 pm

Very sad news indeed! RIP Peter, your towering hairy frame will live forever in our hearts! Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2019 7:52 pm

Disney Sets Release Dates For New Star Wars Trilogy
https://411mania.com/movies/disney-sets-release-dates-new-star-wars-trilogy/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 6:49 am

It looks like Rian Johnson's Star Wars trilogy is dead for good.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2019 4:02 pm

If you watch the video, he goes on to list instances where his sources have been wrong, so who knows.

However, IMO it was never going to happen after the very divisive reaction to TLJ - neither LucasFilm nor Johnson would probably want the aggravation or the controversy.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSat May 25, 2019 8:20 am

Lucasfilm Reportedly Developing Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic Film
https://411mania.com/movies/lucasfilm-reportedly-developing-star-wars-knights-of-the-old-republic-film/

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 13, 2019 6:08 pm

This is awkward but apparently the TIE transport in Disney's new Star Wars Land was left over from the Colin Trevorrow days:

http://collider.com/star-wars-galaxys-edge-colin-trevorrow-episode-9/
Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 18, 2019 8:25 pm

Concept art from Lucas' original ideas for Episode 7:

The Star Wars thread - Page 29 TAOTFA_Darth_Talon_McCaig

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 19, 2019 6:44 am

Here's an interesting video about why Stat Wars is losing fans.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2019 7:16 am

Scrapped STAR WARS Panel With Ian McDiarmid & Hayden Christensen Leads To RISE OF SKYWALKER Speculation
https://www.comicbookmovie.com/sci-fi/star_wars/scrapped-star-wars-panel-with-ian-mcdiarmid-hayden-christensen-leads-to-rise-of-skywalker-speculation-a170452

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Star Wars thread   The Star Wars thread - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Star Wars thread
Page 29 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next