Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
JP_Korea
Hatchling
Hatchling
JP_Korea

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 10:47 am

I can't believe Dr. Wu's not coming back. Michael Papajohn and B.D Wong said they couldn't tell us where is Henry Wu, and this sounds like they know where he is after Jurassic World Incident.
Also, B.D.Wong said he want his character will die in next movie.
We must see Dr. Wu and his death in next movie.
I hope that is B.D.Wong's joke...

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:17 am

Now that I allowed myself time to calm down (this was a huge blow to my face when I oppened the internet), I see that not only I am surprised and upset by this. I saw many fans on Twiiter not accepting this too.

This is so disrespectful not only for the character but for the fans too. I know ALL (and by that I mean all basically) fans want to see Dr.Wu to have the same fate as he had in the novel. Everyone wants to see Wu pay for his mistakes and die on screen by the claws and teeth of a raptor. Killing Wu off screen would be so lame, and it would just leave fans asking "what happened to him", IF they explain how Wu died and why at all on the movie.

This will leave a huge hole in this movie IMO. I get new scientists are decoding the genetics of creating dinosaurs and even new methods, but Wu is still important and is a key part for JW2 (Colin put him in the middle of a cliff hanger). They could simple put Wu there working with other scientists and giving them instruction, he's the pioneer figure in genetics and clonning dinosaurs, he would be the base reference to ALL other scientists tha want to innovate in this field.

Not only that, see Wu's character (that is so interesting IMO) get developed more until the epic death novel scene would be great. Why waste such a great character like this? Not to mention, he's original from Crichton's book, he deserves attention and a death on screen. Not only I would be happy, as a fan of his character, but everyone would, since everyone wants to see the same fate of the novel.

I really hope BD is just being sarcastic (he is and tends to be rude a lot of times too), but please Bayona, Colin, or whoever is in charge, don't cut this character, please don't.

Also, someone stated that if Wu isn't in it, it's because o BD Wong's behaviour that could even make Colin or another person to cut the character out of the movie. I find this ridiculous, because the character have nothing to do with the actor...

I loved to read that BD Wong himself wanted Wu to die like in the novel, so yeah, the character is a must in JW2.

We need to press them about this subject. Maybe they can even go back and put Wu there in a cool flashback saying some truth about science, moralism and InGen before he dies. Hell, I would forgive them for trying to cut him.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Gondrasia
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
Gondrasia

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 11:57 am

I believe it's best to wait for the official announcement of the cast for JW2 to clear all remaining doubt whether BD Wong will return. At the moment there are talks of Toby Jones and Rafe Spall joining the movie; but we don't know whether both actors will be in the movie, one of them or even if they will appear in the film at all.

Personally, I believe BD Wong will be in the next Jurassic movie for two reasons:

Firstly, the makers of Jurassic World actually went through the effort of having B.D. Wong return to play Dr. Wu. Why? They could've easily made another character to play as the conniving geneticist of InGen, Norman Atherton perhaps, but they didn't. They know how important Dr. Wu's character played in the novels and the first film, and how popular he is with the community. Trevorrow must have something planned for Dr. Wu in this new trilogy.

Secondly, even though Dr. Wu had quite a small screen appearance when compared to the other main characters in Jurassic World, he played a very important role in the story and the last audiences saw him; Dr. Wu left on an InGen Security helicopter, with most, if not all, of the dinosaur embryos to "a secure location". Either way Colin Trevorrow and J.A. Bayona have to address what happened to BD Wong's character.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 12:06 pm

Hope you're right Gondrasia. I really hope/wish that they lock Wu's character and we get the happy news that he will come back, secondary role or major.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 4:08 pm

It could very well be a marketing tactic/NDA. We are still quite far away from release and it's common place for actors to deny involvement in sequels, to then later confirm their casting. Look at Jason Mamoa and Awuaman for example.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 7:33 pm

Been thinking here, maybe Toby is a scientist too in JW2, what would be great is to have Wu and another scientist rivaling him. I would love that.

Back to top Go down
TRK/TrexKing
Administrator
Administrator
TRK/TrexKing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 08, 2016 8:10 pm

*cough* Biosyn scientist *cough*

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 2:03 pm

Tom Holland was offered a role in JW2 but probably can't accept because of scheduling conflicts.
Still, we now know there's a character of presumably 20 years old. Matt suggested it could be Clint?

https://twitter.com/scifiedcom/status/796426594277531648

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 09, 2016 5:16 pm

Hmmm he fits for the role of Clint, but who knows, at this point we can't be 100% sure. He looks like a very good actor, hope his character is good too.

So we can safely say 6 characters confirmed. Owen, Claire, Clint, Lucy, Toby and Rafa's characters.

JW had like, 11 characters (I'm couting characters like Vivian and Zara), so maybe we'll get more 4.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 1:05 am

If Dr Wu isn't in JW2 he better be in 3. I'm right there with you at being upset Spino4.4

He's the only link to the original cast that would be left (that we know about).

If he doesn't return I'll be super disappointed he didn't get his death.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2016 7:45 am

Troyal1 wrote:
If Dr Wu isn't in JW2 he better be in 3. I'm right there with you at being upset Spino4.4

He's the only link to the original cast that would be left (that we know about).

If he doesn't return I'll be super disappointed he didn't get his death.

I'm really surprised to see a lot of people that are upset over this possibility, they all want Wu to be back. Well, they better put Wu in JW2, otherwise we can build a group and press down Universal. Laughing

What I find ridiculous too is that they'll cut an original Crichton character over nothing. If he's cut from JW2, then there was no need to bring him back in JW. It just makes no sense. Not to mention a lame off screen death.

So yeah, I want answers, I want Wu back, and they better have him locked on already.

I listened to a podcast with Chris and he said he's still sure Wu will be back and that BD was maybe sarcastic. Well, Wu got confirmed lattely for JW, I think one month before shooting so it's still possible that he's back. Not as main character but secondary, I hope.

Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 10:55 pm

filming begins in March

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/785431-jurassic-world-2-filming#/slide/1
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2016 11:58 pm

Exciting news, only 4 months away, the next few months should hopefully be good with more casting news & possibly the title/logo reveal?
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 4:33 am

Since I haven't been checking on JW2/JP5 news in a while I've just learned of Dr. Wu possibly not returning. That would be a mistake in my opinion. Dr. Wu, while not having a lot of screen time, was important to the story of JW.

Maybe Wu will be mention throughout the sequel with the characters questioning his whereabouts possibly setting up a return in JW3/JP6.

I could wait if that turns out to be the case but I still would like Dr. Wu in some capacity in JW2/JP5.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 9:08 am

Nice, so that means Wu can still be cast.

Everything is fine. Cool

Back to top Go down
Aegyptiacus3
Hatchling
Hatchling
Aegyptiacus3

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2016 10:56 pm

Wu will be in it. I'm almost certain. Best thing is not to worry, just be excited!

Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 7:59 pm

BD Wong said on Twitter today again, that there's no plans of Wu returning (yet)...That's a red alarm IMO.

I just can't understand why they would cut Wu...There's no logical way to waste a character like that.

I'm stating to suspect something's going on behind the scenes...Maybe Colin had to change his initial plans for JW2 bc someone with higher power wanted to change it...That's the only explanation that comes to my mind. Or BD Wong was an asshole with Colin but I doubt that possibility.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2016 11:53 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
BD Wong said on Twitter today again, that there's no plans of Wu returning (yet)...That's a red alarm IMO.

I just can't understand why they would cut Wu...There's no logical way to waste a character like that.

I'm stating to suspect something's going on behind the scenes...Maybe Colin had to change his initial plans for JW2 bc someone with higher power wanted to change it...That's the only explanation that comes to my mind. Or BD Wong was an asshole with Colin but I doubt that possibility.

It wouldn't surprise me if they skip him for JP5 & finish his story arc in the final film instead since we know these new film's storylines will take place over 3 films.
Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 2:03 am

yeah my money is him being in the last film
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2016 10:18 am

dance2nite wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

It wouldn't surprise me if they skip him for JP5 & finish his story arc in the final film instead since we know these new film's storylines will take place over 3 films.

If he's being held for JW3/JP5 to close his arc, I won't have anything against it. They could set up a nice plot twist and have him appear together with the villain or be the master mind himself. They should just say in JW2 that Wu is lost and no one have news of him.

My fear is that they'll probably follow the easy path and tell in JW2 that Wu died offscreen or something like it. That would be so lame, but I can see them doing that. And IF they do that, we can be sure that someone wanted Colin to change plans...

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 5:03 pm

Could Lucy be Barry's (Omar Sy's) daughter? as I have heard they are auditioning young girls with a light completion.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 7:12 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Could Lucy be Barry's (Omar Sy's) daughter? as I have heard they are auditioning young girls with a light completion.

Here's where that was originally said. Have fun.

http://bbs.backstage.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9611031/m/552104105/p/2

(It should be on page 3)

Im just throwing this out here bc I'm tired of people just posting stuff as secret sources.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 9:07 pm

Okay, that's interesting, but I doubt she's related to Barry. IMO the dad is a new character. Remember Kelly had a dark skin but her dad (Malcolm) was white skinned so...

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2016 11:49 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Okay, that's interesting, but I doubt she's related to Barry. IMO the dad is a new character. Remember Kelly had a dark skin but her dad (Malcolm) was white skinned so...

Just a wild guess, trying to figure out potential Fathers... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 26, 2016 11:12 am

I'd actually like to see Barry be a father since it would give him in interesting background and more character development which in turn would make him more important. It would be a lot like how Hawkeye has revealed to be a husband and a father of two, with a third about to be born in Avengers: Age of Ultron.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 3:19 pm

I found this, thanks to Sickle_Claw: http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1590460/the-jurassic-world-co-star-whos-expected-back-for-jurassic-world-2

No news but I hope that's another hint for a good news.

PS: The guy "flooding" the commentary section is me. XD Couldn't resist. Embarassed

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 4:10 pm

Yes it looks like Frank was giving a pretty big hint that Wu will return (as we all suspected) without actually confirming him officially. That line from Frank also I think gives a hint to part of the film's plot line that Wu & others will return most likely to Isla Nublar in the first half of the film to retrieve something?
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 4:54 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Yes it looks like Frank was giving a pretty big hint that Wu will return (as we all suspected) without actually confirming him officially. That line from Frank also I think gives a hint to part of the film's plot line that Wu & others will return most likely to Isla Nublar in the first half of the film to retrieve something?

The fact that Frank said that so close to the shooting + casting calls gives me hope that Wu will most likely be in. I mean, unless they changed the script, Wu will be in JW2 for sure. Frank didn't deny Henry Wu's return, he said "probably" to avoid confirming something, so if he didn't deny the character's return, that means at the point he knew things, Wu will return.

Pretty excited with this, I can't belive my dream will get real. Very Happy

About Nublar, I'm almost sure at this point the movie will have a part on Isla Nublar again. The fact that they'll shoot on Hawaii gives away that possibility too. I don't think it's Sorna, and it makes sense for a company to search for more material on Nublar, home of JW.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 4:58 pm

Also doesn't look likely Barry will be back according to Omar Sy :

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle%3D18658213.html&prev=search
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 28, 2016 5:00 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Also doesn't look likely Barry will be back according to Omar Sy :

https://translate.google.com.au/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.allocine.fr/article/fichearticle_gen_carticle%3D18658213.html&prev=search

Well, I wasn't giving too much hope on Barry to return. I know he was pretty likeable character and everyone got interested on him but he was pretty useless for the plot, maybe he'll get mentioned by Owen on JW2 as Colin said he wanted the friendship between them to grow.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 6 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 20 ... 34  Next