Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 5:05 pm

Helicopters seen flying there. Reminds a lot of TLW ones.

https://twitter.com/queenofnublar/status/839224697128648706

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 5:13 pm

Jurassic World: Epoch is a fan made title. Go to the Jurassic Outpost article of the rumor title and in the comments section someone confessed to have done it via Photoshop.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 6:23 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Well it is a military helicopter, its a Bell UH-1 Iroquois. The iconic Vietnam War, American helicopter.

Spoiler:

And I'm pretty sure it's still being used with the U.S. Marine Corps.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spiegel wrote:
Well it is a military helicopter, its a Bell UH-1 Iroquois. The iconic Vietnam War, American helicopter.

Spoiler:

Absolutely. I've had the gunship variant pull security over my head in constant circles.

owenpratt wrote:
Helicopters seen flying there. Reminds a lot of TLW ones.

https://twitter.com/queenofnublar/status/839224697128648706

Yep, CH-47 Chinook which was used by the InGen in TLW just like you said. Its also active with the Army today. The marines have a similar but smaller, dual rotor design.

Spoiler:

Sorry, I like to feel since I know a couple of things about the military and equipment I'd share.
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:07 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

Spoiler:

Absolutely. I've had the gunship variant pull security over my head in constant circles.

Sorry, I like to feel since I know a couple of things about the military and equipment I'd share.

No problem. It's nice to learn something new everyday. Smile

I knew the transport and ambulance versions were still around, but I thought that the gunship version was retired sometime ago due to the newer versions of the AH-1 Cobra.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Spiegel
Stegosaurus
Stegosaurus
Spiegel

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:13 pm

Spiegel wrote:

No problem. It's nice to learn something new everyday.  Smile

I knew the transport and ambulance versions were still around, but I thought that the gunship version was retired sometime ago due to the newer versions of the AH-1 Cobra.
"

You'd be surprised than. They do use them however, never in pairs like Cobras. If you see a Huey acting as or equipped like a gunship its partner aircraft is a Cobra. At least in my experience.

Also, Jurassic OutPost shared these today!

Jurassic World News/Images
Back to top Go down
http://s15.zetaboards.com/JurassicRolePlay/index/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 07, 2017 7:50 pm

Spiegel wrote:
Spiegel wrote:

No problem. It's nice to learn something new everyday.  Smile

"

You'd be surprised than. They do use them however, never in pairs like Cobras. If you see a Huey acting as or equipped like a gunship its partner aircraft is a Cobra. At least in my experience.

Why is that? One would think that Huey's would be the ones that work in pairs while Cobras would work alone since they're more technologically advanced.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 12:40 pm

BD is back on the set of Gotham. And bald. 

So Wu's scenes might come latter. Hope BD being bald doesn't mean Wu won't have more screentime.

Anyway, Bryce posted a pic of who might be Lucy. Meh. I want Claire and Daniella's character pics instead.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 3:36 pm

FIRST JW2 OFFICIAL SET PIC!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Incredible pic. The dinosaurs, specially the "triceratops" (it's not scientifically accurate but okay) give a look of "awe" and wonder we needed. It put us in our place and show how great those animals were.

I wonder what is this place, a museum or a particular collection from someone very rich? The villain's mansion? Hammond's? Very interesting to speculate now.

PS: The annoying kid is in, too bad, it almost ruined the scene for me. But dinosaurs are better so I don't care. And I hope they don't center around a kid.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 4:04 pm

Higher quality:

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 4:09 pm

Amber on those walls with other fossils...Just great. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 4:58 pm

Pretty nice and certainly intriguing: Shocked :...the wait is going to kill me.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500

Last edited by K_Ozz92 on Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crimsonraptor
Hatchling
Hatchling
Crimsonraptor

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 4:59 pm

I have nothing especially clever to say about this. Just a feeling of wonderment, happiness, and excited screeching.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:14 pm

The shot is BEAUTIFUL, very Bayona, Oscar Faura & The Orphanage, the lighting is everything!!!

Also looks like we have our first shot of Lucy!! Cool
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:28 pm

Awesome first pic. Looks like part of it will take place in a museum?

I'm not great with bones, but it looks like we have a Triceratops skull, an Ankylosaurus, an Albertasaurus, an Alberaceratops, a Maiasaura, a Raptor of some sort and maybe a Protoceratops?

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:29 pm

dance2nite wrote:
The shot is BEAUTIFUL, very Bayona, Oscar Faura & The Orphanage, the lighting is everything!!!

So unfair to have the first character pic the kid...Wish we got the villain or Claire instead.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:31 pm

The one Triceratops skull looks huge! Granted, Triceratops always had a large head, but even so, it looks larger then most of the dinosaur skeletons.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

So unfair to have the first character pic the kid...Wish we got the villain or Claire instead.

What's your problem with the kid? xD

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:38 pm

I loved the atmosphere in the picture, very reminiscent of Janusz Kaminski's photography for Hammond's mansion. With the exaggerated frill horns on the Triceratops, I wonder if Lucy is the sort of dinosaur kid who is smart enough to pick up on a display like that and call bullcrap on the museum owners. Razz

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 5:54 pm

OH MY GOD!!!!

I know it might sound a little ridiculous to get hyped up about one picture. But the look of the film is exactly what I wanted! 

Edit: after reading some of the responses in this thread you guys put it better than me. The lighting and color looks perfect. Very aesthetically pleasing and yet Dark, if that makes sense. 

So hyped
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 7:00 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

I'm butthurt because I didn't want kids in this movie, so I'm hating the character from the start. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Jurassic Gabo
Embryo
Embryo
Jurassic Gabo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 7:25 pm

I love this promotional photograph of the set, I see a good quality work behind all this and as they say the lighting gives a dark atmosphere like The Lost World, something that I expected from this sequel Very Happy

PS: The skull of that "Trike" reminds me of the skull of Triceratops lv.40 of Jurassic World: The Game, I hope for the good of the movie that is not what I'm thinking.

Almost 25 years of the existence of this franchise, and we still feel like that enchanted child to see those Brachiosaurus in the lake refreshing. Long live Jurassic Park
Back to top Go down
http://jurassicgabo.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 7:31 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

I'm butthurt because I didn't want kids in this movie, so I'm hating the character from the start. Laughing

No offense, but that's pretty shallow. Kids have always been part of JP films since they represent how well kids and dinosaurs go together. After all, children were and still are a big part of the JP fanbase. It's a tradition. I don't see how you thought that this movie and quite frankly the next one would be any different.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 8:12 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Same man. And they would never go dark enough for her to be eaten or killed. Which I want very badly. lol

@Rhed. You're 100% right it is a tradition. And it won't ruin the film or anything for me in the slightest. But from my and Spino4.4 viewpoints we definitely view them as the low points. 

I'm not salty about it or anything. As long as the child character is good and serves a purpose that makes sense. That's the most important thing is for it to make sense. And obviously we never knew the Plot, but some of us assumed this one might not be in an environment or situation where you would be likely to find a child. Or that the tone or story context might now allow for it.  But obviously we were wrong(assuming it's done well).
Back to top Go down
Pachyrhinosaurus
Hatchling
Hatchling
Pachyrhinosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 08, 2017 10:24 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Awesome first pic. Looks like part of it will take place in a museum?

I'm not great with bones, but it looks like we have a Triceratops skull, an Ankylosaurus, an Albertasaurus, an Alberaceratops, a Maiasaura, a Raptor of some sort and maybe a Protoceratops?

Looks like a nanotyrannus, edmontosaurus, unidentified dromaeosaur, protoceratops, kosmoceratops, and scolosaurus/euoplocephalus. Interestingly, kosmoceratops wasn't named until 2010 so I have my doubts about it being Hammond's mansion given the timeline of the films.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 1:55 am

Small observation. This is more a 'general JW2' news thread. That is for bits we don't think fit elsewhere (We had one like this in JPL as well for JW)

But anyways...I was going to say if something big like another casting or an official set pic drops in the future guys...feel free to make a new thread for it. Might help discussion not get lost in so many pages.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 3:53 am

So the theory (initially thought by Josh from Twitter) is that the kid in the new still is in fact Claire in a flashback. Think about it: she seems to have red hair, Lucy could be just a misleading name, and the fact she would visit a museum/collection when dinosaurs were still extinct is an interesting concept.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 6:10 am

owenpratt wrote:
So the theory (initially thought by Josh from Twitter) is that the kid in the new still is in fact Claire in a flashback. Think about it: she seems to have red hair, Lucy could be just a misleading name, and the fact she would visit a museum/collection when dinosaurs were still extinct is an interesting concept.
I was about to say that Lucy looks a lot like a young Claire. But then what would be the point of her name change? It could be the filming crew trying to trick us, and props to them if they manage to keep that a secret until release.
As for the picture itself, there's no words to describe how perfect it is. The lighting, the cinematography, and a bunch of excited squealing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angelo2036
Embryo
Embryo

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 09, 2017 6:18 am

Idk if this has been suggested already in this thread but I heard someone speculate this might be John Hammond's mansion. Since the Sayles script for JP4 took place mostly in this Swiss castle, what if JW2 took place mostly in some place away from the jungle? Would be interesting. Maybe Wu and Hoskins' allies have acquired Hammond's estate and are doing work there. Idk just idle speculation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next