Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 12:03 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Just came to think, don't know if this is the right topic for it so sorry if it's a little off topic but...If we get to see Nublar again, what if Wu never left the island?? What if we get to know new places never explored on Nublar, and even old JP instalations?  Razz

Could be possible but I am 99% sure Wu left for an operation on the mainland somewhere? Although I do think we will go back to Nublar again for a short amount of time in the next film since we know they will partially film in Hawaii again.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 11:38 am

dance2nite wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Just came to think, don't know if this is the right topic for it so sorry if it's a little off topic but...If we get to see Nublar again, what if Wu never left the island?? What if we get to know new places never explored on Nublar, and even old JP instalations?  Razz

Could be possible but I am 99% sure Wu left for an operation on the mainland somewhere? Although I do think we will go back to Nublar again for a short amount of time in the next film since we know they will partially film in Hawaii again.
Or even...I wouldn't rule out at this time that Wu's chopper never left Nublar and actually crashed on some part of the island. That would explain the return to Nublar, with a company trying to get access to the hybrid embryos.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 4:32 pm

Bayona is doing an "Ask Me Anything" on Reddit tomorrow :

https://twitter.com/FilmBayona/status/817109597202817027

Anyone on here who has a reddit account could u please ask him whether or not Henry Wu is returning? Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 4:59 pm

dance2nite wrote:

Anyone on here who has a reddit account could u please ask him whether or not Henry Wu is returning? Thanks! Very Happy

I have a reddit account, I can try. Its at 8am pst, 11 est.

Probaby I will be busy at 8am tomorrow so whoever can make it at 11 west has it.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 5:58 pm

dance2nite wrote:

Nice question. Doubt he will answer but we can try. Twisted Evil

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm going to ask him what elements will most carry over from his other films to JW2, and what his biggest film inspirations are, going into filming this movie and the ideas behind it.

I hope you guys get an answer on Wu. But i feel like even if he said no to the question that it would not 100% rule it out. I mean most likely sure, but Wu may be a big surprise or play an important role in the final film. He may not want to give it away if you get my meaning.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 11:42 am

He dodged the questions.  Crying or Very sad Hope he at least saw.

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2017 10:54 pm

Yeah, that happens a lot, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2017 12:44 pm

Saw a tweet ChrisLikesDinos made but he deleted it right after. He teased about the Volcano on Nublar and said "Something, something, Epoch".

Remember when someone tweeted about seeing an "Epoch" part on JW site with a volcano that was deleted right after?

Well, just throwing things here, but what IF Epoch has something to do with the title? And the volcano might be on the official logo, or even play a part on JW2? We are now almost sure that Nublar will be on JW2 again, so what if the volcano on Nublar is important to the plot? It could enter activity and put all dinosaurs that live there on peril.

We saw a lot of talks about how JW2 would advocate for animal rights, so imagine the volcano there entering activity, and a HUGE ethics debate happens around the world in whatever we let nature kill dinosaurs again or we relocate them to another place? I can imagine a lot of animal rights activists rising a flag and saying "Hey, those animals have rights too! It's not their fault they were created again!". And then Owen, Claire and a rescue team goes back to Nublar, they find some shady sh*t there and that a rival company is stealling material from there. I think this movie will pretty much be like TLW 2.0.

What do you guys think?

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 12:10 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Saw a tweet ChrisLikesDinos made but he deleted it right after. He teased about the Volcano on Nublar and said "Something, something, Epoch".

Remember when someone tweeted about seeing an "Epoch" part on JW site with a volcano that was deleted right after?

Well, just throwing things here, but what IF Epoch has something to do with the title? And the volcano might be on the official logo, or even play a part on JW2? We are now almost sure that Nublar will be on JW2 again, so what if the volcano on Nublar is important to the plot? It could enter activity and put all dinosaurs that live there on peril.

We saw a lot of talks about how JW2 would advocate for animal rights, so imagine the volcano there entering activity, and a HUGE ethics debate happens around the world in whatever we let nature kill dinosaurs again or we relocate them to another place? I can imagine a lot of animal rights activists rising a flag and saying "Hey, those animals have rights too! It's not their fault they were created again!". And then Owen, Claire and a rescue team goes back to Nublar, they find some shady sh*t there and that a rival company is stealling material from there. I think this movie will pretty much be like TLW 2.0.

What do you guys think?

That's actually quiet an interesting theory, I think the film will return to Nublar & yes maybe it does involve a volcano about to erupt? so 2 teams head out there to rescue the Dinosaurs but they both want them for different purposes. Still not sure why they care too much about Nublar's Dinosaurs as there are still surely plenty living on Sorna? scratch
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 6:43 am

Still need to find the link, but here Bryce says Owen and Claire will have relationship complications in JW2.

https://twitter.com/prestonandlane/status/818784128409751553

Credit to Ana for the find ( @prestonandlane on Twitter )

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 7:47 am

Hmmm.... not sure what to feel about this. On the whole, people are not on board with the idea of Owen and Claire dating, and most say that they don't have chemistry as a couple. I think this is only half true; they worked great as a pair of unlucky co-workers out in the field, one suited to the boardroom and the other suited to tending to the animals, but the script didn't allow for a more flexible dynamic than that. The fact that the kiss was an act of spontaneity suggested by Colin to Chris to surprise Bryce doesn't change the fact that they don't act like lovers throughout the rest of the film.

I'd love to be proven wrong, and Bayona is able to direct some great scenes of companionship and possibly romance between Owen and Claire, he seems a more likely director to make it work. It is possible to turn something unpopular or disliked into something that people genuinely enjoy.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2017 3:31 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
We are now almost sure that Nublar will be on JW2 again

We are?

Oh great...

Maybe in this The Lost Park: Jurassic World they will attempt to somehow convince the public to preserve the dinosaurs from the said volcano. They will ask Owen to come back to the island with a small team to take care of the issue, and he refuses until he learns Claire is already there.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 9:58 am

Maybe they will try to evacuate them to the mainland or one of the other islands, perhaps? After all, considering how most of the dinosaurs are new, Masrani might of had to make a new facility on one of the other islands, if not the mainland.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:22 am

You'd think Masrani would want to have nothing to do with the product after it all went **** and instead sell all the assets to someone else. Or government took it away.

InGen had the benefit of public really knowing anything about it when JP went to bust so they could continue business as usual and going forward with dinosaurs. Not withstanding loss of money, facilities, sponsors and threats of internal lawsuits of course.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:46 am

Mistral wrote:
You'd think Masrani would want to have nothing to do with the product after it all went **** and instead sell all the assets to someone else. Or government took it away.

InGen had the benefit of public really knowing anything about it when JP went to bust so they could continue business as usual and going forward with dinosaurs. Not withstanding loss of money, facilities, sponsors and threats of internal lawsuits of course.

Maybe Masrani had more influence on politics then we think. Kind of like how Wall Street manipulates a lot of politicians.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 12:06 pm

Who's property the Sorna dinosaurs are? I mean I know they have probably will never be mentioned again and have been artificially removed from the reboot canon, but it's kind of funny if you have Sorna dinosaurs belonging to company A and Nublar dinosaurs to company B. Or even if it's under same roof but all everybody cares about are the Nublar ones for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 12:17 pm

They were never removed. The Masrani Backdoor site, which has/had info that's canon to the movie talked about the JP3 Pteranodons and how they were recaptured. I'm pretty sure they ones in JW were the same ones, or least related.

As for the ones on Sorna, since Masrani brought Ingen after John Hammond died, they also own the Sorna dinosaurs. That being said, the island is under heavy protection by some sort of military, most likely the American military since Costa Rica, which used to own the islands before Hammond decided to buy them, has none.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 12:42 pm

I don't really remember much about the JW exposition dialogue so that's really why I asked about the InGen assets.

If it's not in film it's not really film canon, not JP:TG, that branding site or any other source. Even if they claim it is for marketing reasons. But arguing over this viewpoint is what got me in fight with "that certain person" at JPL and ultimately lead to my exit there, so I rather go not too deeply into that discussion again.

Personally, I don't even consider the sequels to really be canon, but that's just my preference and more of a head canon tongue
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 1:15 pm

Colin Trevorrow himself said that the sequels were still canon to the JP timeline. That fact that the Masrani, now JW, site was run by Universal and that it hasn't been de-canonized or something like that only serves that it is canon. Otherwise, why would Universal add in all these Easter Eggs? They didn't need more marketing to spice up the JW DVD/Blu Ray sales anyway.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 1:29 pm

Those sites wouldn't even exist if it wasn't so marketing purposes. If your reboot is going to give any canon value to the other, generally less liked sequels (that do not have nostalgia values of JP), it is easier to do that in those add-on-places that only fans browse through, than in the actual films. Then you can claim to have done it even though you just pushed it aside and attempted to avoid possible issues. Such as reminding there's whole another dinosaur island that's somehow left unnoticed, the whole San Diego debacle's ramifications to public image, the deleted TLW board room scene, future conflicts in sequels etc. If you at least write about it to your marketing sites, you please most of the diehard fans that care about it anyway. Most...
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 1:18 am

Wasn't there a "Save Nublar dinosaurs" web domain/viral advertising thing bought by Universal? This combined with Trevorrow's podcast comments on filming locations strongly indicate that we will see Nublar again in JW2, even if the characters don't visit the island and it's just an expositional series of camera shots (there were a lot of those in Jurassic World).

So here's my prediction:
People are either smuggling dinosaurs off of Nublar, hunting them for sport, trying to ship them off the island so they don't get toasted by the volcano, or some combination of these.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 16, 2017 4:57 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Wasn't there a "Save Nublar dinosaurs" web domain/viral advertising thing bought by Universal? This combined with Trevorrow's podcast comments on filming locations strongly indicate that we will see Nublar again in JW2, even if the characters don't visit the island and it's just an expositional series of camera shots (there were a lot of those in Jurassic World).

So here's my prediction:
People are either smuggling dinosaurs off of Nublar, hunting them for sport, trying to ship them off the island so they don't get toasted by the volcano, or some combination of these.

Yes the domain name registered by Universal was "IslaNublarRescueMission" & the other "AllCreaturesHaveRights"! Cool
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 17, 2017 8:06 pm

Some people are worried that the withdrawal of Thomas Tull from Legendary Entertainment will have an impact on the future Jurassic World sequels, in addition to the figure Pacific Rim and Kong/Godzilla movies. While the latter two are Legendary properties (and therefore the most likely to be affected by Tull's departure), Jurassic World had no creative involvement from Legendary whatsoever; it's a Universal/Amblin movie before it's a Legendary film. Tull contributed 20% of the film's total budget, and reaped about 25% of the box office. He bid on the right horse, and it payed off handsomely.

One must wonder how Wanda will affect the quality of Legendary's movies moving forward. I imagine others here have differing opinions on the matter. Will Thomas Tull leaving Legendary Entertainment affect the future of Jurassic World at all?

Thomas Tull leaving Legendary Entertainment

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 12:03 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Some people are worried that the withdrawal of Thomas Tull from Legendary Entertainment will have an impact on the future Jurassic World sequels, in addition to the figure Pacific Rim and Kong/Godzilla movies. While the latter two are Legendary properties (and therefore the most likely to be affected by Tull's departure), Jurassic World had no creative involvement from Legendary whatsoever; it's a Universal/Amblin movie before it's a Legendary film. Tull contributed 20% of the film's total budget, and reaped about 25% of the box office. He bid on the right horse, and it payed off handsomely.

One must wonder how Wanda will affect the quality of Legendary's movies moving forward. I imagine others here have differing opinions on the matter. Will Thomas Tull leaving Legendary Entertainment affect the future of Jurassic World at all?

Thomas Tull leaving Legendary Entertainment

Some people will literally worry about anything Rolling Eyes Legendary were rumored to not be part of the production team behind the sequel anyway after Universal had been clashing with Tull. Anyway Legendary leaving means nothing for the future two sequels.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 8:59 am

Thanks Ana ( @queenofnublar on Twitter) for the find.
This is the official Weibo account of Chris Pratt, verified.

Spoiler:

Link to the post: http://m.weibo.cn/u/6024064888

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 1:28 pm

Bryce Dallas Howard Says Her Character Was Changed By Events Of Jurassic World

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 1:40 pm

I certainly hope that Claire will start to grow into being a bona fide action star along the lines of Ellen Ripley and Sarah Connor, and that Bryce is able to pull it off with skill.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 1:59 pm

As long as they explain the change in her nature properly.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 6:36 pm

http://jurassicoutpost.com/new-website-domains-may-hint-premise-jurassic-world-2/

I honestly don't know what to think anymore, if this is the real plot. Makes me feel wanting to see more, and I actually find it very simple and not that creative. Looks like they'll do another TLW like movie.

But, I told that this is very possible to happen.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 9 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 21 ... 34  Next