Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 7:19 pm

JP3 can be critisized freely and it's characters mocked, but do the same with JW and you are slaughtered alive for that. If I suggested that there was a line somewhere saying the JW kids or whoever died offscreen in house fire between the films,  that probably would be labeled heartless? Am I wrong?
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 24, 2017 8:03 pm

Mistral wrote:
If I suggested that there was a line somewhere saying the JW kids or whoever died offscreen in house fire between the films,  that probably would be labeled heartless? Am I wrong?

Sure, you can suggest it.

But if that was actually implemented in the plot of the sequel, that would come across as needlessly mean spirited and contrived. And considering all the heat JW got for Zara's protracted death, it's best not to do anything that comes off as... well, mean spirited for the sake of mean spirited. Plus they didn't have 14 years to gestate as infamously annoying characters within the JP Universe like Amanda Kirby.

With that said, I don't know how casual audiences would react to a throwaway line about the Kirbys dying horrifically between movies. Most probably wouldn't catch onto it on first viewing because they don't know these movies like the back of our hands.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 4:36 am

Mistral wrote:
JP3 can be critisized freely and it's characters mocked, but do the same with JW and you are slaughtered alive for that. If I suggested that there was a line somewhere saying the JW kids or whoever died offscreen in house fire between the films,  that probably would be labeled heartless? Am I wrong?
Well, that's really only because people in general find Amanda Kirby more annoying than Zach or Gray. Speaking of that, didn't Ty Simpkins say long ago that he knows what JW2's plot is?
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 6:37 pm

Personaly I don't care if the actor is famous or not, as long as he/she does a great acting, I'm fine.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:40 am

https://twitter.com/FilmBayona/status/824587252613468164

Spoiler:

JA Bayona wrote:
Getting ready for the journey.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 7:54 am

Well, the hats doesn't mean anything IMO.

Let's start with the leaks. Twisted Evil I want the logo, title and cast please.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 10:56 am

Helmets certainly indicate a return to the park, of sorts. Or the involvement of some sort of ground crew to help contain whatever dangerous situations we will encounter.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 12:53 pm

I want to see people in full body armor, including bullet-proof masks. You know, go the extra mile. It would give them extra protection against raptors and maybe even medium-sized carnivores.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2017 4:58 pm

I think the hats will simply be used as a background prop when they return to the ruins of JW.
Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 10:29 am

So I think that's physical evidence for a return to Nublar. The hat in the front looks like it could have blood on it.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 4:45 pm

V.a.nublarensis wrote:
So I think that's physical evidence for a return to Nublar. The hat in the front looks like it could have blood on it.

I agree looks 99.9% likely we will now return to Nublar in some capacity for part of the story.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 4:49 pm

At this point, the question is how much of Isla Nublar will we see, and how long will we be there in relation to the rest of the movie.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 5:03 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
At this point, the question is how much of Isla Nublar will we see, and how long will we be there in relation to the rest of the movie.

My guess is most of the first half of the film will take place on Nublar before it moves onto somewhere on the Mainland for the second half. I think this film will be like a transition film moving away from the islands for good.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 12:05 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Still cannot believe we haven't got Lucy's casting yet, she must be the final main character left to be announced? I also think Daniella will have more of supporting role only, like Omar Sy had in JW, doubt they would cast someone with little film experience in a leading role?

I doubt that as all the articles online describe her as a 'lead'.

So that makes me wonder if an antagonistic role might not be out of the realm of possibility.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 12:35 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I just hope they don't overdo it with Nublar. Part of me thinks that Universal is too scared to go back to Sorna considering how much of a mixed bad TLW was with the GA and how bad JP3 did with the fans and the GA.

I really think they are taking the wrong lessons from mistakes that they made themselves.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 1:16 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I just hope they don't overdo it with Nublar. Part of me thinks that Universal is too scared to go back to Sorna considering how much of a mixed bad TLW was with the GA and how bad JP3 did with the fans and the GA.

I really think they are taking the wrong lessons from mistakes that they made themselves.

You could be right - studio execs do tend to associate certain new aspects of flawed/divisive films as the broad-strokes reasons why the audiences didn't like their films. The fact that it was a new island wasn't what turned audiences off, the fact that the films themselves were not executed to their fullest potential was the reason. Even The Lost World which I still defend from most critics could certainly have been better received.

Here we have an opportunity to see more of the world of Jurassic Park, and see situations involving dinosaurs that are not set on islands, and if they play their cards wrong then the opportunity will be lost for at least a few more years.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 1:38 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

You could be right - studio execs do tend to associate certain new aspects of flawed/divisive films as the broad-strokes reasons why the audiences didn't like their films. The fact that it was a new island wasn't what turned audiences off, the fact that the films themselves were not executed to their fullest potential was the reason. Even The Lost World which I still defend from most critics could certainly have been better received.

Here we have an opportunity to see more of the world of Jurassic Park, and see situations involving dinosaurs that are not set on islands, and if they play their cards wrong then the opportunity will be lost for at least a few more years.

Part of me wonders if that's also the reason why we won't see new dinosaurs with feathers on them. That the execution of the JP3 Spinosaurus being so heavy handed for the sake of something new, not to mention Jack Horner's anti-T. rex bias, that they are worried about having feathers on any dinosaur would come to much of a shock. That's a bit of a shame since I really think that adding new dinosaurs that we haven't seen before-Anzu, Troodon, a theriznosaur, etc-and giving them feathers would actually work. Even if you introduce full grown male T. rexes and Velociraptors with some(i.e conservative) covering of feathers-a thin line of feathers on the back of the arms from the base of the neck down to the tail of down-it could work.

I just find it ironic how Universal knows they messed up, yet is not only unwilling to properly fix the mistake (Sorry, but what happened in JW was a half-assed/half-hearted way to fix it. Let's not deny it.) but is also making new ones because of it.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 3:21 pm

We still have Bayona directing, and he's not likely to be a slouch behind the camera and fail to give us a suspense-filled film that draws inspiration Michael Crichton. Another reason not to give into despair (just yet) is Trevorrow's earlier statements that the level of success achieved by Jurassic World will allow the production more creative freedom.

We may not see feathers within the next film, but it's still within the realm of possibility of the explain it properly, not unlike how the I. rex was explained. Right now, I'm more concerned about how the story will pan out, and sincerely hope it's not just restricted to Isla Nublar.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 3:35 pm

Worst mistake Uni could do right now? Set the whole movie on Nublar two years after. We don't need to see the 'ruins' of Jurassic World. We don't need to see TLW redux. They set something good right there with Wu's embryos being taken off the island.

Go show them trying to create dinos on the mainland or something. Sorna and Nublar have had 2 movies each.

My theory. Go in, get Blue. Get out. Even if you do have it a 'rescue mission' or whatever just because you saw a volcano on a toy...have it be something like "okay we're doing what malcolm did!" And then flip the switch halfway through having the island get bombed after the only dino they were able to save is Blue.

Get to mainland, deal with other company creating dinosaurs/what to do with Blue etc.... for instance we've seen a T-rex in mainland, but how much trouble could a colony of raptors cause if they got out?

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 4:20 pm

If they do bomb the island with napalm, then I have Rexy die of old age before then...

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 4:48 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:
Still cannot believe we haven't got Lucy's casting yet, she must be the final main character left to be announced? I also think Daniella will have more of supporting role only, like Omar Sy had in JW, doubt they would cast someone with little film experience in a leading role?

So that makes me wonder if an antagonistic role might not be out of the realm of possibility.

Well news reports in the franchise previously have ended up being described as wrong, remember a source said when Bryce was confirmed for JW that she would be playing a scientist! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 7:10 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

Well news reports in the franchise previously have ended up being described as wrong, remember a source said when Bryce was confirmed for JW that she would be playing a scientist! Wink

Very true ,and they did say that Masrani was a villain during initial reports. But the original one to break D'Onofrio did correctly identify him as a villain.

Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 10:51 pm

I'm just not following up on the news at all. Laughing On the bright side, though, it'll be an exhilarating surprise watching the trailer for the first time!

[color=#33ccff]
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 12:01 am

The sequel will now also film in the "Brecon Beacons National Park" in Wales :

http://jurassicoutpost.com/spanish-magazine-confirms-jurassic-world-2-will-shoot-brecon-beacons-wales/

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 6:50 am

Hmm, the landscape of it does look different from what one would expect of Nublar, so that's good news. It's beautiful and fitting for a JP movie, too.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 4:46 pm

The role of "Lucy" has apparently gone to a girl in London :

http://bbs.backstage.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9611031/m/552104105/p/5

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 5:19 pm

dance2nite wrote:
The role of "Lucy" has apparently gone to a girl in London :

http://bbs.backstage.com/groupee/forums/a/tpc/f/9611031/m/552104105/p/5

Well...time to research english actresses lol. And thats interesting. Because that means hers will be announced soon.

Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 7:55 pm

Remember: That casting call said the person had to be at least 9 by Feb 2017 and not older then 10. Checked on IMDB.

Given the 9>x>10 parameters plus London:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm8561214/

This is only thing that fits, unless we're talking about an Unknown.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 31, 2017 11:59 pm

Yeah could be her or an unknown? Wonder if this means by them casting an English girl that there is now no chance of Lucy being Wu's daughter? I'd say it may be Rafe Spall's character's daughter? he is the only one who really fits (as he is English).
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2017 1:20 am

dance2nite wrote:
Yeah could be her or an unknown? Wonder if this means by them casting an English girl that there is now no chance of Lucy being Wu's daughter? I'd say it may be Rafe Spall's character's daughter? he is the only one who really fits (as he is English).

Yeah as Ive said, I went on imdb and checked actors by ages. Girls between 9-10...not really a whole lot, even less when you get not american. And only three were english, and of them, only one was from London.

If this wild guess proves right lol you guys owe me. Laughing

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 11 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 22 ... 34  Next