Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 27, 2016 3:03 pm

No ones trying to flame anyone or trying to get anyone riled up...but wanting everything thrown at the fandom before they even start to film leaves us with a year of essentially inactivity in terms of news. Let it come when it comes. If we had the cast list, the title of the film, the plot, and everything else inbetween now? The excitement would die down quickly.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 6:57 pm

Bryce talks a little bit about how she is losing weight in preparation for the sequel :

"Now, I am getting ready for (the) Jurassic (sequel) with fitness and all that."

Also :

"The actor is confident she’ll be equipped with a pair of flats for untitled sequel in which she is rumoured to have a larger role after director Colin Trevorrow, who takes a producer’s credit on the follow-up, coined the hashtag #NoHeels2018"

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/movies/new-movies/petes-dragon-star-bryce-dallas-howard-on-body-image-depression-and-firebreathing-costars/news-story/9f9d8237231049cc0c8c4df7f516830a

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 7:12 pm

The heels thing we've known since...last year? Yeah the fitness thing isn't really surprising. Starting a fitness regiment is actually pretty standard for any big action movie.

Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 7:18 pm

No not the heels thing, the rumoured larger role sentence, I mean she already had a big role in JW. Sounds like she will be the main character of the sequel over Owen again. Also have to consider Chris Pratt will be busy with GOTG2 & Avengers stuff next year so his filming window will be limited compared to Bryce's.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 11:02 am

It's quite dead now...I think the title should be announced soon...

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 8:18 pm

wasnt the title of JW revealed in september before it started filming?
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2016 10:04 pm

yeah it was, but who knows with this production. Anyway I think October for something substantial.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 8:10 am

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 CsockutW8AArM8O

Thanks Ana for this translation.

Also, the 260 million dollar budget is for JW2. Not sure if it includes also the marketing.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 9:06 am

$260 million?!?!

Somehow I really don't that's just production and marketing costs combined, since the marketing on the first film was so extensive and insane and I doubt they'll lower the budget for the sequel. Which means if it IS the production budget, that's just effing MENTAL!!.

There is a mathematical discrepancy however, since 100% more of anything is double the initial amount; meaning instead of costing $150 million it would come up to $300 million in production costs.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 9:21 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
$260 million?!?!

Somehow I really don't that's just production and marketing costs combined, since the marketing on the first film was so extensive and insane and I doubt they'll lower the budget for the sequel. Which means if it IS the production budget, that's just effing MENTAL!!.

There is a mathematical discrepancy however, since 100% more of anything is double the initial amount; meaning instead of costing $150 million it would come up to $300 million in production costs.

Noticed that too. Well, it's still like a bit more than 100 millions more than the first JW budget.

I think it's just the production budget too.

The Force Awakens budget was 245 million dollars, for comparison.

EDIT:

Scans of the article at this link:

https://twitter.com/JurassicWorldES/status/777484149393334272

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 10:14 am

Still, with that kind of money I really hope this means it's going to be invested into animatronics and refined CGI, up to the quality of The Force Awakens.

No fan wants to see the Jurassic World trilogy just become Transformers with dinos and validate some of the haters' narrow-minded verdict that that's what the series has become. I'm not writing the movie off yet, it is a year and three quarters away, but my concern is where the money is going and whether the effects and action will override the story or not.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 12:50 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Still, with that kind of money I really hope this means it's going to be invested into animatronics and refined CGI, up to the quality of The Force Awakens.

No fan wants to see the Jurassic World trilogy just become Transformers with dinos and validate some of the haters' narrow-minded verdict that that's what the series has become. I'm not writing the movie off yet, it is a year and three quarters away, but my concern is where the money is going and whether the effects and action will override the story or not.

The thing that keeps me very relaxed and optimistic is that the director is JA Bayona.
Trevorrow had not experience with VFX before Jurassic World. Bayona, on the other hand, already dealt with big VFX movies (although not as big as a Jurassic movie, of course), and it did great things.
He loves using practical sets, miniatures, and looks like he used an animatronic head for some scenes of the monster in A Monster Calls. For the CGI, first reactions say the monster in A Monster Calls could be Oscar-worthy.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 5:08 pm

owenpratt wrote:

The thing that keeps me very relaxed and optimistic is that the director is JA Bayona.
Trevorrow had not experience with VFX before Jurassic World. Bayona, on the other hand, already dealt with big VFX movies (although not as big as a Jurassic movie, of course), and it did great things.
He loves using practical sets, miniatures, and looks like he used an animatronic head for some scenes of the monster in A Monster Calls. For the CGI, first reactions say the monster in A Monster Calls could be Oscar-worthy.

That is also my line of optimism as well, since Bayona has been in the business much longer than Trevorrow and has more experience as a storyteller and visual effects director. I have completely faith in him to such a degree that people are giving me funny looks whenever I say "I'm looking forward to Jurassic World 2!" - never forget that there was at least one idiot out there who actually thought Spielberg would peg someone like McG to direct the next film... and may that loser eat crow!!

Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 18, 2016 11:46 pm

That's a huuuge gamble money wise. If it decreases from JW that'll make it come into the red.

Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 6:33 am

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
That's a huuuge gamble money wise. If it decreases from JW that'll make it come into the red.

They're probably very confident in JW2

Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 7:43 am

Well to me, this movie already feels like its going to be bigger than JW.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 2:49 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/09/19/box-office-jurassic-world-2-is-a-bargain-at-any-price/#24a77a207723

Looks like JW2 will not necessarily have the mentioned $260M budget, although I think it will be very close to that. Or maybe Universal is just trying to cover the news due to their secrecy.

Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 3:19 pm

More like realizing how utterly ridiculous that budget is.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 5:55 pm

I can't help but wonder if Universal took the lessons from Star Wars Episode 7, most specifically the practical/CGI mix, to heart, which would explain the massive cost rise. Even so, Universal is a bit delusional to think that they can try to get that much money. Even more so considering how they tried and failed to expand the Jurassic Park universe after JP3. The only success that they had were the toy lines and the 20th anniversary of Jurassic Park.

I'd like to see such a return to a practical effects/CGI mix, but $260-$300 million seems a bit much. Disney can afford that much because...well it's Disney. Universal can't.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 6:29 pm

ScreenRant confirmed that they had a source from Universal saying the budget is not yet set in stone & that would not be as much as is being reported.

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-2-budget/
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Welp. I guess next time I'll vet the source more thoroughly before writing a story that gets picked up by all the trades only to get debunked by universal.

Goddamn it.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 7:37 am

The frustrating thing is that a larger budget would not necessarily mean being invested in more animatronics or more CGI (even through the latter is more likely), it could also mean allowing for bigger stars to join the franchise or allow for filming in a wide variety of locations across the globe, using overseas studios like Pinewood in London or filming in the wild landscapes of other continents like Asia or Africa. Time will tell whether or not more animatronics or more refined CG creations will be featured in the film, and we have almost two years until we can see the film to find out.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 6:47 pm

At least we know Bayona likes & used animatronics in "A Monster Calls", hopefully he will push for at least a few for this film which will hopefully be allowed by Universal with the budget increase.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 am

dance2nite wrote:
At least we know Bayona likes & used animatronics in "A Monster Calls", hopefully he will push for at least a few for this film which will hopefully be allowed by Universal with the budget increase.

Yeah, also Colin Trevorrow himself pushed to have the Apatosaurus head animatronic in JW, and now that he is also producer, I guess he will allow more use of animatronica.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:

I completely agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a movie generally have to make back twice its production budget to break even? As a rule of thumb anyway?

Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about potentially better effects and animatronics.

But I can't imagine JW2 pulling numbers like JW. Here's to hoping it does.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

I completely agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a movie generally have to make back twice its production budget to break even? As a rule of thumb anyway?

Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about potentially better effects and animatronics.

In most cases, yes. It does have two make 2x as much of it's production budget. There are some exceptions via BVS with it's massive marketing campaign, but that was a rare exception.

If it makes less then JW then it won't be in the red, simply because most people are expecting some sort of drop. That and too be entirely fair, nobody expect JW to make as much as it did. Not even the most optimistic fan could have foresaw that it would surpass $1 billion and AOU.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

In most cases, yes. It does have two make 2x as much of it's production budget. There are some exceptions via BVS with it's massive marketing campaign, but that was a rare exception.

If it makes less then JW then it won't be in the red, simply because most people are expecting some sort of drop. That and too be entirely fair, nobody expect JW to make as much as it did. Not even the most optimistic fan could have foresaw that it would surpass $1 billion and AOU.

That's very true. And I'm sure they made a killing from digital and blu-Ray
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 3:46 am

https://twitter.com/prattprattpratt/status/781643154185265152

Quote :
Love you too Bryce! Just reading the script right now! So awesome! Round two baby!!!

Script is evidently finished and Chris Pratt is reading it.

Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 5:56 am

I miss Colin's updates
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 7:10 am

Trexbreakout wrote:
I miss Colin's updates

Same here. Although this time we will probably have also Bayona's updates

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 2 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18 ... 34  Next