Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1

Go down 
+38
Jurassic Gabo
Crimsonraptor
Spiegel
Pachyrhinosaurus
Viperman
evolution_rex
K_Ozz92
TheRexMan22
Océane
BoulderFaceplant
Gondrasia
JP_Korea
V.a.nublarensis
Yankeetrex
TRK/TrexKing
1morey
Fossildude747
Aegyptiacus3
The Geeky Zoologist
Scott B
Dr. Wu
Troyal1
Rhedosaurus
Trexbreakout
Mysterious Hero M
Levine
Tyrant Lizard
Dead2009
SmugTheFab
Baryonyx111
Darth Spidey
Spinosaur4.4
Troodon_formosus
BarrytheOnyx
Sickle_Claw
owenpratt
dance2nite
TheDreamMaster
42 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 7:43 am

Well to me, this movie already feels like its going to be bigger than JW.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 2:49 pm

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/09/19/box-office-jurassic-world-2-is-a-bargain-at-any-price/#24a77a207723

Looks like JW2 will not necessarily have the mentioned $260M budget, although I think it will be very close to that. Or maybe Universal is just trying to cover the news due to their secrecy.

My Twitter: https://twitter.com/owenpratt93
Back to top Go down
Mysterious Hero M
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 3:19 pm

More like realizing how utterly ridiculous that budget is.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 5:55 pm

I can't help but wonder if Universal took the lessons from Star Wars Episode 7, most specifically the practical/CGI mix, to heart, which would explain the massive cost rise. Even so, Universal is a bit delusional to think that they can try to get that much money. Even more so considering how they tried and failed to expand the Jurassic Park universe after JP3. The only success that they had were the toy lines and the 20th anniversary of Jurassic Park.

I'd like to see such a return to a practical effects/CGI mix, but $260-$300 million seems a bit much. Disney can afford that much because...well it's Disney. Universal can't.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 6:29 pm

ScreenRant confirmed that they had a source from Universal saying the budget is not yet set in stone & that would not be as much as is being reported.

http://screenrant.com/jurassic-world-2-budget/
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 19, 2016 8:01 pm

Welp. I guess next time I'll vet the source more thoroughly before writing a story that gets picked up by all the trades only to get debunked by universal.

Goddamn it.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 7:37 am

The frustrating thing is that a larger budget would not necessarily mean being invested in more animatronics or more CGI (even through the latter is more likely), it could also mean allowing for bigger stars to join the franchise or allow for filming in a wide variety of locations across the globe, using overseas studios like Pinewood in London or filming in the wild landscapes of other continents like Asia or Africa. Time will tell whether or not more animatronics or more refined CG creations will be featured in the film, and we have almost two years until we can see the film to find out.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 20, 2016 6:47 pm

At least we know Bayona likes & used animatronics in "A Monster Calls", hopefully he will push for at least a few for this film which will hopefully be allowed by Universal with the budget increase.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2016 6:12 am

dance2nite wrote:
At least we know Bayona likes & used animatronics in "A Monster Calls", hopefully he will push for at least a few for this film which will hopefully be allowed by Universal with the budget increase.

Yeah, also Colin Trevorrow himself pushed to have the Apatosaurus head animatronic in JW, and now that he is also producer, I guess he will allow more use of animatronica.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 12:06 pm

Mysterious Hero M wrote:
That's a huuuge gamble money wise. If it decreases from JW that'll make it come into the red.

I completely agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a movie generally have to make back twice its production budget to break even? As a rule of thumb anyway?

Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about potentially better effects and animatronics.

But I can't imagine JW2 pulling numbers like JW. Here's to hoping it does.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2016 6:11 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

I completely agree. Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't a movie generally have to make back twice its production budget to break even? As a rule of thumb anyway?

Don't get me wrong I'm very excited about potentially better effects and animatronics.

In most cases, yes. It does have two make 2x as much of it's production budget. There are some exceptions via BVS with it's massive marketing campaign, but that was a rare exception.

If it makes less then JW then it won't be in the red, simply because most people are expecting some sort of drop. That and too be entirely fair, nobody expect JW to make as much as it did. Not even the most optimistic fan could have foresaw that it would surpass $1 billion and AOU.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 28, 2016 8:54 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

In most cases, yes. It does have two make 2x as much of it's production budget. There are some exceptions via BVS with it's massive marketing campaign, but that was a rare exception.

If it makes less then JW then it won't be in the red, simply because most people are expecting some sort of drop. That and too be entirely fair, nobody expect JW to make as much as it did. Not even the most optimistic fan could have foresaw that it would surpass $1 billion and AOU.

That's very true. And I'm sure they made a killing from digital and blu-Ray
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 3:46 am

https://twitter.com/prattprattpratt/status/781643154185265152

Quote :
Love you too Bryce! Just reading the script right now! So awesome! Round two baby!!!

Script is evidently finished and Chris Pratt is reading it.

Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 5:56 am

I miss Colin's updates
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 7:10 am

Trexbreakout wrote:
I miss Colin's updates

Same here. Although this time we will probably have also Bayona's updates

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 12:53 pm

New podcast of JurassicOutpost with Trevorrow and Bayona!!

http://jurassicoutpost.com/exclusive-colin-trevorrow-talks-jurassic-world-2-surprise-guest-j-bayona/

- Colin has been working with Bayona since July
- JW2 will be scarier and more suspensful than JW
- Some dialogue from the novel will be in JW2
- There will be animatronics in JW2, because of the big box office numbers of JW
- There will be new species of existent dinosaurs in JW2 that we haven't seen before in the series
- Colin didn't confirm neither denied about feathers in JW2, we will see during the movie
- Hawaii is a primary filming location, but not the only one. UK are just for the studios, but the movie probably won't take place in the UK
- There won't be militarized dinosaurs
- Bayona was surprised of some points in the JW2 script he didn't expect
- They already know the JW2 title, but they can't reveal it yet

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 1:23 pm

This is great! I'm very hyped now, specially for the new dinosaur species (I always wanted more diversity), dialogues from the novel (Hope more Wu's dialogues too), Crichton's novel style and more scarier and suspensful than JW!

Also animatronics, very happy for this, hope the fans are pleased too!

Now I just need Wu or another scientist character to be confirmed and I'll be in heaven! Very Happy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 1:37 pm

Yes! More animatronics and new dinosaurs!

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 2:50 pm

YES!!!

To everything Colin has reported in JurassicOutpost:

I approve!

Onwards to new adventures!! cheers

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 7:17 pm

The New Interview with Colin (& Bayona) was everything I wanted to hear & more!!! cheers

YES to a more suspenseful & scary film (which is why I thought they hired Bayona)!!

YES to more animatronics, hoping for a Dilo one please!!!

YES to more dialogue from the original novel!!!

YES to new Dinosaur species being introduced, please one be a Carnotaurus?!

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 8:31 pm

owenpratt wrote:
New podcast of JurassicOutpost with Trevorrow and Bayona!!

http://jurassicoutpost.com/exclusive-colin-trevorrow-talks-jurassic-world-2-surprise-guest-j-bayona/

- Colin has been working with Bayona since July
- JW2 will be scarier and more suspensful than JW
- Some dialogue from the novel will be in JW2
- There will be animatronics in JW2, because of the big box office numbers of JW
- There will be new species of existent dinosaurs in JW2 that we haven't seen before in the series
- Colin didn't confirm neither denied about feathers in JW2, we will see during the movie
- Hawaii is a primary filming location, but not the only one. UK are just for the studios, but the movie probably won't take place in the UK
- There won't be militarized dinosaurs
- Bayona was surprised of some points in the JW2 script he didn't expect
- They already know the JW2 title, but they can't reveal it yet

That's literally everything I wanted to hear! So reassuring to hear all this great news.

Especially those practical effects.  

Now all i need is Dilo confirmation.
Back to top Go down
Scott B
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
Scott B

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 30, 2016 8:50 pm

That's more like it.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2016 5:50 pm

I know it doesn't totally fit here, but did anybody notice how he said that I. rex was the main reason for so much CGI?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 5:49 am

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I know it doesn't totally fit here, but did anybody notice how he said that I. rex was the main reason for so much CGI?

He also said that they didn't have a big budget (relatively to the scale of the movie) and that at the time nobody trusted him. He fought to get at least that one Apatosaurus animatronic.
I'm pretty sure that if he had a bigger budget he would have used more animatronics, maybe not for the Indominus (who had mainly dynamic scenes), but for example for the Raptors in the harness.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 12:24 pm

owenpratt wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

He also said that they didn't have a big budget (relatively to the scale of the movie) and that at the time nobody trusted him. He fought to get at least that one Apatosaurus animatronic.
I'm pretty sure that if he had a bigger budget he would have used more animatronics, maybe not for the Indominus (who had mainly dynamic scenes), but for example for the Raptors in the harness.

But then why didn't he talk to Steven Spielberg about it? Surely he would have more then enough clout to get more practical effects. I get why Universal didn't trust Trevorrow since he was essentially brand new, but one would have thought they would still trust Spielberg.
Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 3:23 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

But then why didn't he talk to Steven Spielberg about it? Surely he would have more then enough clout to get more practical effects. I get why Universal didn't trust Trevorrow since he was essentially brand new, but one would have thought they would still trust Spielberg.

Well, in any case, the budget wasn't that high in the first place.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2016 6:32 pm

I think another factor was that there probably wasn't enough time to get more than one animatronic off the ground. The film was effectively green-lit in January 2013 and in March of that same year it was announced that Colin was going to direct the film, so we can logically deduce that Spielberg had officially hired him between the film being publicly announced and the news dropping.

At the time, Universal's original date was June 13, 2014; which tells me that the studio were not really as invested in making a fourth Jurassic Park film as Disney were determined to bring Star Wars back to the big screen. Because just over a year for pre-production, filming and post-production is absolutely not enough, certainly not for a blockbuster of this pedigree and with so much history attached to it, even if Spielberg really liked the Jaffa/Silver script. This also tells me that they were not interested in animatronics or high quality visual effects sequences, and were probably looking just to milk the franchise without realizing what they had in their hands.

Then, as we know, Trevorrow re-wrote the Jaffa/Silver script with Derek Connolly (the scariest part about his involvement was that he had never seen a single Jurassic Park film prior to Colin inviting him on, nevermind reading the book, more info in a link below (it's also why I generally don't care all that much about him as a writer or person)). In September 2013, Universal announced that the film's release would be June 12 2015 to allow for re-writes and a more thorough production phase, and the rest is history. Basically, I really believe that without Colin stepping in when he did and delivering on Jurassic World in the way we saw it, we would not so much as even be discussing the possibilities of a J.A. Bayona directed installment, and that's why I defend the guy more than most.

BTW, here's the link in case you're curious.

Empire Online article on the early stages of Jurassic World, featuring Trevorrow and Connolly interviews

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2016 4:30 am

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I think another factor was that there probably wasn't enough time to get more than one animatronic off the ground. The film was effectively green-lit in January 2013 and in March of that same year it was announced that Colin was going to direct the film, so we can logically deduce that Spielberg had officially hired him between the film being publicly announced and the news dropping.

At the time, Universal's original date was June 13, 2014; which tells me that the studio were not really as invested in making a fourth Jurassic Park film as Disney were determined to bring Star Wars back to the big screen. Because just over a year for pre-production, filming and post-production is absolutely not enough, certainly not for a blockbuster of this pedigree and with so much history attached to it, even if Spielberg really liked the Jaffa/Silver script. This also tells me that they were not interested in animatronics or high quality visual effects sequences, and were probably looking just to milk the franchise without realizing what they had in their hands.

Then, as we know, Trevorrow re-wrote the Jaffa/Silver script with Derek Connolly (the scariest part about his involvement was that he had never seen a single Jurassic Park film prior to Colin inviting him on, nevermind reading the book, more info in a link below (it's also why I generally don't care all that much about him as a writer or person)). In September 2013, Universal announced that the film's release would be June 12 2015 to allow for re-writes and a more thorough production phase, and the rest is history. Basically, I really believe that without Colin stepping in when he did and delivering on Jurassic World in the way we saw it, we would not so much as even be discussing the possibilities of a J.A. Bayona directed installment, and that's why I defend the guy more than most.

BTW, here's the link in case you're curious.

Empire Online article on the early stages of Jurassic World, featuring Trevorrow and Connolly interviews

Well said.

Back to top Go down
owenpratt
Brachiosaurus
Brachiosaurus
owenpratt

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 11:32 am

Bayona talks Jurassic World 2:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/pa/article-3825861/Alien-star-Sigourney-Weaver-Donald-Trump-scarier-movie-monster.html

Quote :
The Spanish director promised: "It's going to be darker and scarier than the first one but I can't say much more.
"Chris Pratt is going to bring a lot of fun. Leave the the dark side to me."

Thanks Matt for the find!

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 07, 2016 5:38 pm

Cannot wait for darker & scarier, that is what JW was missing & sounds like Owen will just be same old, same old... Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1 - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.1
Page 3 of 34Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18 ... 34  Next