Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread

Go down 
+5
Megaspino2
Rhedosaurus
Sickle_Claw
TheDreamMaster
Dead2009
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 11:51 am

Alpha could do without the headlights, I'm afraid.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2016 12:34 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
I agree, this new Power Rangers movie started out with potential, then the first trailer emerged and my anticipation dampened, but the more I see of the suits, the Zords (in toy form, but still), and finally this degraded robot with Alpha 5's name on it, just keeps taking away my excitement from it. Brace yourselves for a bona fide bomb, folks.

I don't think it will bomb, but it will be one of those below average to crappy movies that makes a profit by suckering enough fans. In other words, think Street Fighter, Godzilla 1998, JP3, and The Last Airbender and that's a good idea what this movie will be like to me.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 16, 2016 6:01 pm

So according to this...

65 mya, Zordon was the first Red Ranger and Rita was the first Green Ranger.:

Here's a picture of the updated Zords.

It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Power-Rangers-Sabertooth-Tiger-Zord-poster
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:31 am

Lots of interesting Power Ranger movie news.

Here is what the new Putty Patrollers/Putties are going to look like. Personally, I think that they look too much like the Batman villain, Clayface. More so the Batman: Arkham City version.

To be fair, at least they look like Putties. The Dinozords toys look even worse. Hopefully the movie version look better. Even so, an 8-legged Mastodon mech and a 6-legged Triceratops much...

Here's the Goldar toy, and well, he lives up to his name.. The article also reveals a spoiler.

Spoiler.:

Last edited by Rhedosaurus on Wed Jan 11, 2017 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Power Rangers Movie Rated PG-13

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 11:23 pm

I gotta admit, I started very excited and it's slowly faded as things have been revealed. Why is Goldar so literal? Why do we have an 8-legged Mastadon. Or a six legged Triceratops?

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 9:09 am

TheDreamMaster wrote:
Why is Goldar so literal?

To be fair, Goldar was also literal in the TV shows. Other then his face, dreds (or whatever they were) and his wing feathers, after Lord Zedd gave his wings back to him in Season 2, his golden armor cover his entire body.

Also, I don't see why this movie is rated PG-13. It should have been a PG movie.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 10:58 am

How exactly is Megazord so streamlined? That literally makes no sense.

It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 11:50 am

Among other things, why are the Zords so.... overly stylized. I'm not asking for anything along the lines of paleo-accuracy, but in trying to go for a more alien aesthetic the Dinozords don't resemble dinosaurs (or pterosaurs or ice age mammals) in the slightest! It's hard to tell what part of the Zord's body you're looking at, even when they appear in the posters. Even the Bayformers Dinobots, as bad as that movie is, still had the basic outline of dinosaurs and could have been an okay template for the look of the Dinozords.

It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 12:55 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Among other things, why are the Zords so.... overly stylized. I'm not asking for anything along the lines of paleo-accuracy, but in trying to go for a more alien aesthetic the Dinozords don't resemble dinosaurs (or pterosaurs or ice age mammals) in the slightest! It's hard to tell what part of the Zord's body you're looking at, even when they appear in the posters. Even the Bayformers Dinobots, as bad as that movie is, still had the basic outline of dinosaurs and could have been an okay template for the look of the Dinozords.

I was thinking the exact same thing. Not only that, but I'm going to say that Metal Gear Rex and Metal Gear Ray looked far more like animals (MG Rex being a heavily armored and well armed Tyrannosaurus rex mech and MG Ray being a semi-aquatic dragon mech) then these current Dinozords do.

I just hope Dragonzord isn't in this. Because if he is, then I absolutely dread what they did to him.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 1:11 pm

I know! It's also strange because among all the things that people like to poke fun and laugh at when it comes to Power Rangers (at least the original), the Zords themselves and their Megazord forms are usually not subject to mockery! If it ain't broke don't fix it, even if you're trying to emulate the style of Chronicle!

On a more positive note, I stumbled across this thorough and very intriguing pitch for a modern day adaptation of Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers. It follows the basic outline of the upcoming Lionsgate movie, but with a LOT more Power Rangers lore and carrying over what few good ideas the 2017 movie may have. If you're a Power Rangers fan and you'd want to see something on the same grand, cosmic scale of Star Wars, Marvel and DC Comics, this is a pretty good indication of how a modern movie could work as an enthralling film going experience.

Reimagining - Power Rangers by Evilgidgit

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 2:47 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Not only that, but I'm going to say that Metal Gear Rex and Metal Gear Ray looked far more like animals (MG Rex being a heavily armored and well armed Tyrannosaurus rex mech and MG Ray being a semi-aquatic dragon mech) then these current Dinozords do.

I just hope Dragonzord isn't in this. Because if he is, then I absolutely dread what they did to him.

If there's a sequel then we'll probably get that zord's appearance.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2017 3:13 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:

If there's a sequel then we'll probably get that zord's appearance.

If that happens, then I DESPERATELY hope that any fan outrage over the look of the current Dinozords forces the design team to make him ACTUALLY LOOK like the Dragonzord. Make him look big, bulky, tough, durable, and last but not least, something that makes it look faithful. Not these...things...
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 4:22 pm

Anyone try out the new Mega Battle game that just came out?

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 8:54 am

New Power Rangers trailer just hit, and... I still don't know how to feel. The dialogue is still cringey (but not as in Power Rangers cheesy), and the use of f*cking RAP in the trailer was grating. There are other things in the trailer like Alpha, the Putties, Goldar, and more action scenes and certainly made a better pitch for what the film will be, as opposed to the first trailer. But I doubt I will overcome the strange visual disparity between the show and the movie.

What kept it from being a total write off was the voice of Bryan Cranston as Zordon. Not so much his visual portrayal, but the mannerisms and otherworldly quality did work really well. But overall, it's a mixed bag and not encouraging me to see it.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 9:39 am

I'm f*cking hyped for this

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 12:09 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
I'm f*cking hyped for this

I'm a little surprised that you still have optimism for this movie. Everybody else has been rendered a doubter, and that's being mild about it.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 1:25 pm

I dont let everyone else's opinions affect a movie for me. Everyone else hated the last TMNT movie and didnt want to even think about it when I saw it the 2nd day it came out.

However, the main Power Rangers forum I frequent had doubts before the trailer came out because of how the toys looked and once the actual trailer dropped, I was seeing that they were getting genuinely excited for it.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 19, 2017 9:12 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
I dont let everyone else's opinions affect a movie for me. Everyone else hated the last TMNT movie and didnt want to even think about it when I saw it the 2nd day it came out.

However, the main Power Rangers forum I frequent had doubts before the trailer came out because of how the toys looked and once the actual trailer dropped, I was seeing that they were getting genuinely excited for it.

You happen to frequent RangerBoard? Cause I post over there from time to time.

I gotta admit, the first trailer hit or miss, but this one looks fun. I won't buy into all the hype yet, because I've seen enough movie to know how wrong a trailer can be, but it made me really interested again.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 5:29 am

Nah, I'm on Rangercrew.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 8:12 am

Here's the trailer, which I'm surprised hasn't been posted yet.

I admit, it's not as bad as I thought. Still dubious about how it will turn out, but I can tell that this movie is at least going to have heart in it. I'll give it that much.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 20, 2017 11:59 am

Trailer was actually posted on the first page, lol.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2017 11:34 am

This looks interesting, comes out in March for mobile devices only, sadly.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 29, 2017 8:31 pm

I've been wondering something. Why didn't the Dragonzord have a finishing move like the original Tyrannosaurus Dinozord did? A recent Dragonzord toy has his chest be a giant Gatling gun so why wasn't something like that added to him in the show? After all, he is roughly equal or slightly superior to the Tyrannosaurus Zord in every other category.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2017 5:46 am

Dragonzord wasnt superior to the Tyrannosaurus Dinozord because it's powers were drawn from the Dragon coin which as we all know was never at full strength to begin with. Once Tommy started to have the energy drain from him, it made it incredibly difficult to even call the Dragonzord or have him be that effective in battle.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 4:29 pm

Here's the new poster.

It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 16387908_740117736143053_2158470512321895175_n

The Zords in the picture look better then the toys do. We just goth the toys at the store I work in and I hate how they look. We also carry the Imaginext MMPR toys which are far superior to the new ones. With that being said, I really don't like how they are streamlined and more machine then animal. The animal zords in the MMPR episodes looked like animals that were reincarnated into mechincal bodies and they looked awesome! These...just look more like machines.

Metal Gear Rex looks more like a T. rex then these Zords look like their inspirations. Not to mention it also looks, and is, more durable too.

It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Latest?cb=20140728091245

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 4:42 pm

Four out of the five Dinozords retain the most basic outline of their real life counterparts, which is more than can be said for the Mastodon, which looks NOTHING like the Mastodon of the show, never mind real life! I can accept the altered look of the Tyrannosaurus though, since the original model was upright, Godzilla style, to allow for an actor to walk and fight in. But it still bugs me that the Dinobots in the Bayformers (sans steely grey aesthetic) are actually closer to how I imagined the Dinozords to look than these designs.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2017 5:21 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Four out of the five Dinozords retain the most basic outline of their real life counterparts, which is more than can be said for the Mastodon, which looks NOTHING like the Mastodon of the show, never mind real life! I can accept the altered look of the Tyrannosaurus though, since the original model was upright, Godzilla style, to allow for an actor to walk and fight in. But it still bugs me that the Dinobots in the Bayformers (sans steely grey aesthetic) are actually closer to how I imagined the Dinozords to look than these designs.

I simply wish that the Tyrannosaurus dinozord had proper eyes instead of a big glass window. I get why they went for a modern horizontal look. That I won't kill them for. But they should ahve at least given it proper eyes.The Zords still look too fragile. The Saber-Toothed Tiger-which looks anorexic-and Pterodactyl Dinozord look like they can be taken out with one hit each.

Now I'm really worried about what the Dragonzord will look like. I don't mind if they make it look a bit more like a dragon, but I do hope that they keep the basic design and make look tough and durable and not fragile looking.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 12:51 pm

If this new Power Rangers reboot is successful enough at the box office, then Lionsgate will make 5-7 more movies.

You know, it's bad enough that they overmilked the TV franchise to death after Zordon died, but this?

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 04, 2017 4:11 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
If this new Power Rangers reboot is successful enough at the box office, then Lionsgate will make 5-7 more movies.

You know, it's bad enough that they overmilked the TV franchise to death after Zordon died, but this?

Rhedo, our opinions line up on several things, but in this case, you do realize that Super Sentai is a long running thing in Japan, so it was only natural for Power Rangers to continue beyond the "In Space" series.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread   It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It's Morphin' Time!: The Power Rangers Thread
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next