Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Television

Go down 
+16
Scott B
Tyrant Lizard
CT-1138
smaugtheterrible
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Levine
TheRexMan22
BarrytheOnyx
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Fossildude747
JPMalcolmDilo
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 07, 2017 8:20 pm

CT-1138 wrote:
CNN is the KING of overdoing a story. It's a real pain because you don't get any actual news, you just get 5 people discussing the same subject over and over and over again. They're the only major news source I don't care to follow, and I follow most of them including both MSNBC and FOX News (I like to keep tabs on what the fringe sources out there). I mean, sure MSNBC and FOX are echo chambers for the left and the right respectively, but CNN is just a cave of people talking to each other about the same news story over and over and over. It's overkill. I'd rather listen to NPR or read the New York Times.

I wonder how long it will take/how low their ratings must get before people get fired. This can't last forever, no matter how long they continue to do this.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 08, 2017 6:46 pm

It looks like King Of The Hill might be coming back.

I love this show so I'm hoping to see it again. Very Happy

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 9:16 pm

NBC Bringing “The Munsters” to Brooklyn for Sitcom Reboot

Back to top Go down
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 10, 2017 11:29 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
NBC Bringing “The Munsters” to Brooklyn for Sitcom Reboot

I'm pretty sure that the Munsters would actually fit in quite well in hipster Brooklyn...

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 11, 2017 7:02 pm

Here's a very interesting article about TGIF.

I really wish that ABC would bring this and One Saturday Morning back. They just don't make TV shows like they used to anymore.

Back to top Go down
CT-1138
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
Jurassic Mainframe News Team
CT-1138

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 12, 2017 11:53 am

I read that article. It's really good and comprehensive.

http://abekowalski.deviantart.com/
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 13, 2017 9:00 pm

Celebrating 20 years of South Park.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 21, 2017 6:08 pm

The reboot of Xena is dead, at least at NBC.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 22, 2017 10:21 pm

Here's an interesting You Tube video about why we don't see action cartoons and animated cartoons anymore. It also talks a little bit about the decline of Saturday morning cartoons.

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 08, 2017 12:10 pm

Doctor Who Spin-off Class Cancelled After One Season

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 9:09 pm

So The Orville debuted today. I thought it was great. Really captured the spirit of old Trek. The humor, while certainly funny, was more restrained than I thought it would be, which is a good thing imho. It let the Trek side of it shine through. And never once did it hit me as mean spirited in the way that something like "A Million Ways To Die In The West" did.

Good stuff imho.

Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 10:39 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
So The Orville debuted today. I thought it was great. Really captured the spirit of old Trek. The humor, while certainly funny, was more restrained than I thought it would be, which is a good thing imho. It let the Trek side of it shine through. And never once did it hit me as mean spirited in the way that something like "A Million Ways To Die In The West" did.

Good stuff imho.

Seth McFarlane is a die-hard Star Trek fan, so you know he didn't want to screw it up. He even wanted to direct a Star Trek movie. I'm happy you like it. I'm not a big fan of Seth since much of his stuff is just needlessly cruel and nihilistic to me. It's to the point where some of his stuff is mean-spirited for the sake of it. But that's just me.

In any case, many Star Trek fans are more excited for this then they are for Star Trek: Discovery.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 10, 2017 10:53 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Good stuff imho.

Seth McFarlane is a die-hard Star Trek fan, so you know he didn't want to screw it up. He even wanted to direct a Star Trek movie. I'm happy you like it. I'm not a big fan of Seth since much of his stuff is just needlessly cruel and nihilistic to me. It's to the point where some of his stuff is mean-spirited for the sake of it. But that's just me.

In any case, many Star Trek fans are more excited for this then they are for Star Trek: Discovery.

Normally I'd agree, but like I said earlier, this certainly didn't hit me as mean spirited. It's apparent that he has massive respect for the source material when you watch The Orville. It's not at dark or as meta as one would think it would be either. Sure, there are a few meta jabs, but basically, it's a comedic Star Trek series.

Discovery just seems way too different and up its own ass for me. I'll check it out regardless, but I don't have high hopes.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 11, 2017 5:52 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Good stuff imho.

Normally I'd agree, but like I said earlier, this certainly didn't hit me as mean spirited. It's apparent that he has massive respect for the source material when you watch The Orville. It's not at dark or as meta as one would think it would be either. Sure, there are a few meta jabs, but basically, it's a comedic Star Trek series.

Discovery just seems way too different and up its own ass for me. I'll check it out regardless, but I don't have high hopes.

I'm in a FB movie group called Midnight's Edge, which was founded on the trainwreck known as Fant4stic, and they've covered Discovery quite a bit. It's more of a mess then you think.

Worse yet, the show will take a cheap shot at Trump supporters. It looks like CBS is going for the SJW crowd like Sony did with GB2016. And it won't work. Sorry, but if they think they can pander to Millennials like this, they're wrong because at the same time, they are alienating the Millennials that ARE Star Trek fans that saw ST episodes during the 1980's, 1990's, and the early-mid 2000's. And let's not forget about how they're alienating their main audience as well.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 8:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Good stuff imho.

I'm in a FB movie group called Midnight's Edge, which was founded on the trainwreck known as Fant4stic, and they've covered Discovery quite a bit. It's more of a mess then you think.

Worse yet, the show will take a cheap shot at Trump supporters. It looks like CBS is going for the SJW crowd like Sony did with GB2016. And it won't work. Sorry, but if they think they can pander to Millennials like this, they're wrong because at the same time, they are alienating the Millennials that ARE Star Trek fans that saw ST episodes during the 1980's, 1990's, and the early-mid 2000's. And let's not forget about how they're alienating their main audience as well.

The sad part? CBS is now trying to block early reviews of Star Trek Discovery! I think this proves the new series is a train wreck.

https://twitter.com/LRM_Exclusive/status/908488162950778880

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 14, 2017 8:59 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Good stuff imho.

The sad part? CBS is now trying to block early reviews of Star Trek Discovery! I think this proves the new series is a train wreck.

https://twitter.com/LRM_Exclusive/status/908488162950778880

This thing is turning into a weird mix between Star Trek, Fant4stic, and GB2016. It's not going to end very well.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 16, 2017 4:53 pm

It looks like some old Star Trek actors will star on The Orville

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 2:56 pm

Here's the recent news about Star Trek: Discovery and The Orville.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 3:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Thought it was a shitty move by CBS to put their new show as bait to get people to sign up for their streaming service. Also the entire show isn't even premiering at once its being split into two parts, which will release one part one month, the other part the other. This to try to get at least 20 bucks each from each subscriber since they will have to pay for at least 2 months just tow watch the show.

Also I read in the latest entertainment weekly. The captain isn't the 'main character' of Discovery! It's the first officer. (That lady in all the promos who was the only human to go to Vulcan academy or some thing)

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 17, 2017 3:46 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Thought it was a shitty move by CBS to put their new show as bait to get people to sign up for their streaming service. Also the entire show isn't even premiering at once its being split into two parts, which will release one part one month, the other part the other. This to try to get at least 20 bucks each from each subscriber since they will have to pay for at least 2 months just tow watch the show.

Also I read in the latest entertainment weekly. The captain isn't the 'main character' of Discovery! It's the first officer. (That lady in all the promos who was the only human to go to Vulcan academy or some thing)

It makes you wonder what CBS will do once this crashes and burns and if they have any backup plans.

Back to top Go down
Levine
Veteran
Veteran
Levine

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 9:32 am

"The Man in the High Castle" has been occupying my time recently. Highly recommend.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 18, 2017 11:06 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:

Yeah, Sonequa Martin. She was a mainstay on The Walking Dead for a few years.

If her performance/character here is anything like what she did on TWD, we're in for a VERY boring main character. I mean, she's a decent enough actress, but from what I've seen she's completely and utterly charisma-less.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 8:29 pm

The Emmys hit a new low last Sunday. That and the key demo ratings was the worst.

Translation: Millennials are starting to get sick of the Trump bashing as well.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 8:42 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The Emmys hit a new low last Sunday. That and the key demo ratings was the worst.

Also I loved how everyone suddenly turned on spicer the day after the show five minutes after they had publicly 'accepted' him.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Also I loved how everyone suddenly turned on spicer the day after the show five minutes after they had publicly 'accepted' him.

These people are going to give Trump a second term and they don't even know it.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 2:30 am

So just finished pt 1 and 2 of the Orville pilot. I really liked it.... the interactions between the characters are good. And honestly, havent seen a Captain/First Officer interaction like this in a while on Trek.

(Still rooting for them to get together by the end lol) They are doing a pretty decent job with the side characters trying to make them likable I think its kind of working.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 20, 2017 10:53 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
So just finished pt 1 and 2 of the Orville pilot. I really liked it.... the interactions between the characters are good. And honestly, havent seen a Captain/First Officer interaction like this in a while on Trek.

(Still rooting for them to get together by the end lol) They are doing a pretty decent job with the side characters trying to make them likable I think its kind of working.

I really dig The Orville, although I'll admit I enjoyed the pilot more than the second episode. I'm hoping that as time goes on they'll move further away from pop culture references. They seem kind of out of place to me :/

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 22, 2017 5:56 pm

The move from Sunday to Thursday caused the ratings of 'The Orville' to basically implode.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 4:09 pm

Star Trek: Discovery will have some of the characters drop the F word.

What demographic is this show aiming for? Did CBS even know what it originally was when making this show? scratch

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 23, 2017 6:35 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
The move from Sunday to Thursday caused the ratings of 'The Orville' to basically implode.

It was a really stupid move. At least wait for the show to establish itself before moving it to late Thursday night ffs.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Television
Page 5 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next