Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Let's Talk Television

Go down 
+16
Scott B
Tyrant Lizard
CT-1138
smaugtheterrible
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Levine
TheRexMan22
BarrytheOnyx
TRK/TrexKing
Troyal1
Fossildude747
JPMalcolmDilo
TorQue
TheDreamMaster
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2017 8:12 pm

I've got so much of stuff to watch that I've been hugely downsizing my catalog of upcoming/ongoing series and prioritize to stuff I actually cannot miss. Right now the only series in my must-watch list for 2017 are:

Vikings S4-II (History Channel) - ONGOING
Better Call Saul S3 (AMC)
Star Trek Discovery S1 (CBS)
MLP FIM S7 (Discovery Family)
Game of Thrones S7 (HBO)
Another Period S3 (Comedy Central)
Stranger Things S2 (Netflix)
Dark Matter S3 (Syfy)
Ash vs Evil Dead S3 (Starz)
Vikings S5 (History Channel)
Survivorman SX (Discovery)

And X-Files whenever they can be bothered about it, as lackluster as S10 was.

I'm also fan of the original campy Xena so if they manage to indeed reboot it at some point like it seems (though it's been stalling for some time now) I feel "contractually obligated" to watch it, event though I don't really want to... it's like the Disney Star Wars films or new Alien/Predator reboots, I don't particularly want to see them anymore, but it feels like something you just have to go through for some reason, to get it out of the way or else it feels like you're missing something. IDK it's hard to explain.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2017 10:07 am

Twin Peaks is coming back.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 18, 2017 1:27 pm

The Walking Dead producers apparently are toning down the level of violence due to viewer backlash of the gruesome death scene in the October 23rd premiere

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 21, 2017 3:18 pm

NBC is making a Witchblade TV series.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 25, 2017 8:04 pm

There's going to be a spinoff of 'The Big Bang Theory'.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2017 8:00 pm

This ad is my favorite of the Super Bowl commercials that aired this year.

Samurai Jack is back for Season 5.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 4:29 pm

Kate McKinnon is going to be the new Ms. Frizzle in 'The Magic School Bus' reboot.

I always did like that show growing up as a kid.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 5:27 pm

Call me crazy, but there is a chance Kate McKinnon could be inspired casting for Ms. Frizzle. I'm no fan of Paul Fieg's Ghostbusters, but she did seriously liven up the film and she's the most well remembered actress on that film for a reason.

Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 08, 2017 5:35 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Call me crazy, but there is a chance Kate McKinnon could be inspired casting for Ms. Frizzle. I'm no fan of Paul Fieg's Ghostbusters, but she did seriously liven up the film and she's the most well remembered actress on that film for a reason.

She and Chris Hemsworth really were the best things about the movie. I really think that role fits her considering how eccentric Ms. Frizzle was in the old animated TV show.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 1:18 pm

I just finished watching all 8 seasons of Regular Show over this past week. After just finishing the finale, I'm literally in tears. I always liked the show for it's 80's references and being a show that appealed to a lot of people. When season 8 started, and they went into space, I wasn't thrilled by the change, and in fact didn't care for the first half of the season. When the second half kicked into the story though, which it turns out had been hinted at with clues in others seasons, it all turned around, and ended up giving me one of the most well done and emotional finales I've seen in recent television.

It sucks Cartoon Network has turned its back from well thought comedy, as well as action cartoons, in favor of "LOL-Random humor like Teen Titans GO. Hell, they could've struck a decent balance with the Powerpuff Girls reboot, but they decided to TT:GO that one up too. I don't think we'll ever see another show quite like Regular Show, at least not on Cartoon Network. I do look forward to seeing what JG Quintel does next. Regular show was sort of a culmination of everything he did through college, in fact if you decide to check out the series, look for his college shorts first, as they get more than just referenced throughout RS.

"We'll use the Force."- Finn
 "That's not how the Force works!"- Han Solo
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2017 3:19 pm

I havent watched Cartoon Network since they ended up eliminating all of their decent cartoons. Johnny Bravo..Ed, Edd & Eddy, Space Ghost...those were quality cartoons that they got rid of.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2017 3:45 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
I havent watched Cartoon Network since they ended up eliminating all of their decent cartoons. Johnny Bravo..Ed, Edd & Eddy, Space Ghost...those were quality cartoons that they got rid of.

I'd say you need to look into their most recent backlog. Regular Show, Adventure Time, Amazing Workd of Gumball (around season 2 anyway), and Steven Universe are all great shows that feel like the old Cartoon Network. Unfortunately this new era is basically over, Regular Show ended last month, Gumball is ending this year, Adventure Time is ending next year, and I doubt Steven Universe lasts forever. If you turned on CN right now, I wouldn't fault you for thinking it was nothing but garbage, as they like to to show 20 episodes of Teen Titans:GO! in a row every other day for some reason.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 14, 2017 9:12 pm

Issac Hayes son, Issac III says somebody made the decision for his dad to quit South Park.

Quote wrote:
Hayes III Isaac Hayes did not quit South Park; someone quit South Park for him. What happened was that in January 2006 my dad had a stroke and lost the ability to speak. He really didn't have that much comprehension, and he had to relearn to play the piano and a lot of different things. He was in no position to resign under his own knowledge. At the time, everybody around my father was involved in Scientology — his assistants, the core group of people. So someone quit South Park on Isaac Hayes' behalf. We don't know who.

My father was not that big of a hypocrite to be part of a show that would constantly poke fun at African-American people, Jewish people, gay people — and only quit when it comes to Scientology. He wouldn't be that hypocritical.

That matches to what Matt Stone, one of South Park's co-creators, said just under 10 years ago.

Quote wrote:
"There are reports that Isaac had a stroke and Scientology quit the show for him, and I believe it," says Stone. "It was a brutal, up-close, personal thing with Isaac. If you look at the timeline, something doesn't add up."

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 5:02 pm

Here's a cartoon that talks about 15 'lost' 1990's cartoons.

The odd thing is that I actually remember 12 of them.

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 15, 2017 9:55 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Here's a cartoon that talks about 15 'lost' 1990's cartoons.

The odd thing is that I actually remember 12 of them.

What a terrible article. Not because it was written badly, it was informative, but most of those not only aren't forgotten, they are still talked about in animation circles. Since they were quality cartoons, maybe they want future generations to see them, which is fine, but good or bad, I'd have looked for a few more obscure ones. I'm especially baffled about the Real Ghostbusters being on there. Not only was it a huge cartoon, it has been released in a box set, and the volume DVDs are currently available at Toys R Us. At least some of the other one son this list I can't easily find on current media, but that one is far from forgotten.

Off the top of my head, if you want Ghostbusters on the list, go with either Extreme Ghostbusters, the good but short lived RGB sequel, or Spider-Man Unlimited, the weird but short-lived sequel to the 90's Spider-Man cartoon. Star Wars: Droids or Ewoks, both questionable quality, but neither are available in full anywhere and besides a small DVD release of a few episodes years ago, hasn't been heard from since the mid-80s. Or how about The New Adventures of He-Man, which was basically a short-lived sequel to Masters of the Universe which sent He-Man into space.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 7:32 pm

It looks like Star Trek: Discovery is in big trouble.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 8:00 pm

I have to say my excitement level has radically lowered down, with or without production problems. Even Michael Dorn's failed attempt at launching "Captain Worf" show sounded more workable

There is a chance I'll just watch the pilot (whenever/if it comes out) and decide whether I invest into it. Now, that may not be the greatest idea considering pilots or even first whole seasons of Star Trek have generally not been that great to put it mildly, but... you know

The Xena reboot seems dead in the water as well. I wouldn't mind it dying, and just leaving the campy original for us fans to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
TheRexMan22
Veteran
Veteran
TheRexMan22

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 10:04 pm

I started watching The X Files. In hindsight, right before the big move might not have been the best time to start a new series since my watch-time is gonna be severely limited from here on out (moved to the country. Limited wifi. Lol.) Meaning I can't watch to my heart's content. That can be frustrating, especially if an episode ends on a cliffhanger. But I couldn't resist the urge. D=
Anyway, so I've been watching that, and Star Wars: The Clone Wars, (which is being removed from Netflix. Arg.) and I want to start Supernatural, but I guess I won't because of my restricted Netflix privileges.
Farm life ya'll.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 02, 2017 10:31 pm

I would suggest watching Millennium afterwards, it's almost as awesome as the early X-Files seasons and Lance Henriksen does role of his life. The other two Carter spinoffs aren't that amazing though.

X-Files
Season 1 - 8/10
Season 2 - 10/10
Season 3 - 10/10
Season 4 - 10/10
Season 5 - 8/10
Fight the Future - 8/10
Season 6 - 7/10
Season 7 - 6/10
Season 8 - 8/10
Season 9 - 5/10
I Want to Believe - 5/10
Season 10 - 5/10

Millennium
Season 1 - 10/10
Season 2 - 10/10
Season 3 - 7/10

The Lone Gunmen
Season 1 - 5/10

Harsh Realm
Season 1 - 6/10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 04, 2017 9:43 am

Arnold Schwarzenegger will quit The New Celebrity Apprentice.

The ratings have been lower since he took over. But he claims it was 'baggage'.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 21, 2017 5:07 pm

Robert Meyer Burnett says why there will not be Blurays of DS9 and Voyager
http://www.treknews.net/2017/02/02/why-ds9-voyager-not-on-blu-ray-hd/

The answer in short is just the one you're probably thinking of before even opening the link.

Anyway, I would be even more interested in proper Bluray of Babylon 5, as the current DVDs are very sub par in pic quality, but that's even more of a pipe dream given the nightmarish situation with the way effects are cropped. Which is a shame as B5 is only behind Farscape in my scifi series hierarchy.

Speaking of Farscape, it already has technically had blurays for several years, however they are not really HD, but rather just upscaled DVDs. And only season 4 was shot in 16:9.  I wish they came out and said that 16:9 miraculously existed for S1-3 after all, I mean it kind of happened with X-Files seasons 1-4 when the Blurays came out. Before that every single season 1-4 dvd set had been 4:3 and people had been insisting that's how it was shot, at least as far as I was aware
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 29, 2017 2:39 pm

Ken Burns will make a documentary about Muhammad Ali on PBS.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Just finished Planet Earth II's final episode. And it was pretty great. I'll have to watch the old series now, I don't really remember anything about it. Maybe Blue Planet too.

Better Call Saul S3 premieres in few days, can't wait
Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 04, 2017 8:50 pm

Invader Zim is coming back!

The dream finally becomes reality.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 3:43 pm

Star Trek: Discovery still has no release date.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 7:42 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Christ... I know that Star Trek tends to work best on television, but why is it so hard for them to get it right in this day and age?? A bad Star Trek show will probably be worse than a single (or even a few) bad Star Trek movies, because of the high caliber of the classic shows.

Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 15, 2017 8:49 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Christ... I know that Star Trek tends to work best on television, but why is it so hard for them to get it right in this day and age?? A bad Star Trek show will probably be worse than a single (or even a few) bad Star Trek movies, because of the high caliber of the classic shows.

I still don't get why they haven't outright canceled the whole thing by now. Maybe they're thinking "Hey, Jurassic World had a troubled development and look how well it did at the box office. If Universal can make it work, then so can we."

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 16, 2017 9:19 pm

Survivor Contestant Who Outed Transgender Competitor Loses His Job

Back to top Go down
TheDreamMaster
Administrator
Administrator
TheDreamMaster

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 18, 2017 10:34 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
Survivor Contestant Who Outed Transgender Competitor Loses His Job

I don't know how I feel about this. Like, on the one hand, the guy shouldn't have done it in the first place, assuming the whole reality show isn't scripted or whatever. Then again though, the network could've cut it, or consulted the contestants on it before airing as is and causing all these problems for the guy. Yes, it was bad to do, but being a pre-recorded show I feel like it's all being handled very poorly. I also kid of feel his job is in the wrong, though I understand why they felt they had to do it.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 23, 2017 8:55 pm

The 11th season for the X-Files has been confirmed by FOX, with 10 episode order for either late 2017 or 2018 airing.

Given that out of the six episodes of revival S10 only IMO two were actually any good (episodes 3 and 4), they better ramp up in quality. The mess that is the mythology is so completely off the mark at this point, and has been ever since circa seasons 5 and 6 - funny to think it was 20 years ago - that I don't have particularly high hopes of that aspect improving. So limitation of the mythology episodes to very minimum, like 2 or 3 episodes is my hope. But at least the MOTW and comedy episodes should have standards of quality. I would like horror MOTW in particular.

Also, give Mulder beard or something to better suit the pass of time. Scully can show her bra again if she wishes. More screen time for Skinner. The new agents, meh have them in background doing something. And as for Cigarette Man, he's been such a comical mess of a character since the 7th season that mere cameo would be sufficient.

Robert Patrick would be nice as he was the best part of seasons 8-9, but apparently he doesn't want to come back (I can sorta see why)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's Talk Television   Let's Talk Television - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Let's Talk Television
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next