Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 9:39 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:
I'm still hoping for the main threat at the end of the movie to NOT be a hybrid. Ideally, I'd like them to stumble upon a roomful of failed abominations being kept alive.
Yeah let it be a T.rex again. So original.  Laughing

I rather see a new hybrid as a threat, at least is something new that will add to the story.

Now I'm really interested in it. Bring it on, Wu.  Cool

It'll be actually funny to see some despair about it, I'll gladly tell those people to "deal with it" the same way they did with Malcolm.

I'd rather see new and exotic dinosaurs incorporated than Godzilla-esque monsters.

But then again, that's just me. I watch these films for the "dinosaurs", even if the designs are somewhat archaic and outdated at this point.

I'm sure whatever hybrid is introduced will be just fine when all is said and done, but it feels like such a cop out. I'd much rather see real world application of actual dinosaurs as a plot point than a monster of the week type situation.

"Looking for something new? Here's another hybrid thing!"

Yup. Far more original. I wonder what magical powers it'll have this time? Rolling Eyes Cuz "science". Laughing

Meanwhile, Acrocanthosaurs, Carnotaurus, Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus are all still sitting on the bench.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 9:47 am

I remember like Nick (the main character in the Sayles script) was in some mansion or castle in Switzerland where some rich guy was training hyprid raptors (mixed with human and dog DNA ffs!), clearing obstacles and detecting mines and stuff (dinos used for war by the military, anyone?). Seems like someone involved with the Jurassic World series is really into the Sayles script.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 10:30 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:
I'm still hoping for the main threat at the end of the movie to NOT be a hybrid. Ideally, I'd like them to stumble upon a roomful of failed abominations being kept alive.

I rather see a new hybrid as a threat, at least is something new that will add to the story.

It'll be actually funny to see some despair about it, I'll gladly tell those people to "deal with it" the same way they did with Malcolm.

I'd rather see new and exotic dinosaurs incorporated than Godzilla-esque monsters.

But then again, that's just me. I watch these films for the "dinosaurs", even if the designs are somewhat archaic and outdated at this point.

I'm sure whatever hybrid is introduced will be just fine when all is said and done, but it feels like such a cop out. I'd much rather see real world application of actual dinosaurs as a plot point than a monster of the week type situation.

Yup. Far more original. I wonder what magical powers it'll have this time?  Rolling Eyes   Cuz "science".  Laughing

Meanwhile, Acrocanthosaurs, Carnotaurus, Deinocheirus and Therizinosaurus are all still sitting on the bench.
Yep but thanks to some annoying bastards and GA, we won't get exotic dinosaurs because uh "Tyrannosaurus rex is cool already we don't need others." I said this long time ago. I always wanted new exotic dinos in JP movies, but I honestly give up after some of those "leaks". I hope we get Baryonyx and Stygi at least.

By the way, a hybrid can be new and exotic without being a  Godzilla monster. They just need to do it right.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 11:07 am

Neomorph wrote:
This is a bit of theory along with some facts, so here's my synopsis:

- A volcanic eruption is threatening the dinosaurs on Isla Nublar. Claire recruits Owen (because of his knowledge + attachment to Blue) and a few others to go save the animals and transfer them to Isla Sorna. The whole thing is funded by Benjamin Lockwood, Hammond's old partner.
As it turns out, Lockwood has other reasons for saving the dinosaurs and basically hijacks the entire thing, transferring the dinosaurs to his property, where a big ... event ... will be hosted.
During said ... event ... something goes wrong and the dinosaurs, along with Wu's latest creation (pretty sure Wu is working for Lockwood), gets released. All hell breaks loose.

I have to ask. Are you one of those Hollywood leakers that posts leaks on Reddit? Because between this and the posts on the Alien/Predator page, I can't help but wonder if you're that.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Yep but thanks to some annoying bastards and GA, we won't get exotic dinosaurs because uh "Tyrannosaurus rex is cool already we don't need others." I said this long time ago. I always wanted new exotic dinos in JP movies, but I honestly give up after some of those "leaks". I hope we get Baryonyx and Stygi at least.

I don't think that's the case. I just think that it's a case of Universal still not quite learning the right lessons from their mistakes. In this case, they were so spooked about the fan backlash about how their (Universal's) heavy handed way how the handled the Spinosaurus (and that's even if that one fight never happened.), that, in their minds, they somehow came to the flawed conclusion that if the Spinosaurus experiment failed, then other exotic dinosaurs are doomed to fail too. It's a very flawed logic, one that shows that Universal doesn't know how to handle-or worse, just doesn't totally care about-the franchise in the post-TLW age.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 1:10 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
BoulderFaceplant wrote:

Yup. Far more original. I wonder what magical powers it'll have this time?  Rolling Eyes   Cuz "science".  Laughing

By the way, a hybrid can be new and exotic without being a  Godzilla monster. They just need to do it right.

You know what could also be new and exotic? Different already existing dinosaurs.

I've always been an advocate of utilizing both fan favorite dinosaurs (which need to be included for obvious reasons) and dinosaurs that mainstream media is largely unaware of.

Also, Tyrannosaurus > hybrid. Even if they did go the "same old" direction and use the Rex as the main antagonist, it would force the film makers to actually put some thought into how it would be different this time around ala TLW, whereas simply sticking a hybrid in allows for the writing to become lazy.

"Want something new?? Here's a crazy hybrid thing!"

Essentially, it's the difference between TLW and JP3. One film was able to form a new and cohesive narrative around what was already in place, while the other film simply stuck a new dinosaur front-and-center and said "Done!". Although at least with JP3 it was an already existing animal.

What scares me is the idea of hybrids becoming a plot device. Why take the time to form a new and interesting story when you can just throw some dinosaurs in a blender and chuck the end result on screen. It's a superficial "change". There's no substance to it. At least with JW, it was A) Something that hadn't been tried before, and B) Done somewhat tongue-in-cheek. Essentially, it was a jab at the GA's need for things to be "bigger and better". Now it just seems like the satirical side of it is being washed away for the sake of a cheap plot device.

That all being said, I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of hybrids showing up. Just that they're kept at a minimum. I would absolutely love a scene in which a character stumbled across Wu's lab. Not the pristine looking one from JW, but a dirty, scuzzy looking lab containing a bunch of his failed attempts to create "hybrids". Seeing the deformed "first attempts" that are either dead or dying and in extreme agony would really showcase the dark, monstrous side of the what he's doing.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 3:30 pm

Unless you want Dr.Wu as a mad scientist totally out of reality, then yes, I would like to see that.

I don't want Wu as a mad scientist creating frankeinstein monsters just for the sake of it. It would destroy his character IMO.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 4:23 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Unless you want Dr.Wu as a mad scientist totally out of reality, then yes, I would like to see that.

I don't want Wu as a mad scientist creating frankeinstein monsters just for the sake of it. It would destroy his character IMO.

But couldn't you argue that he's starting to become one with I. rex being the first of these Frankenstein dinosaurs?

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 5:29 pm

I have nothing to do with the Reddit leak. The fan favorite Carnotaurus, another fan favorite and Baryonyx MIGHT appear in the movie, but you never know. I bet if they do they will be cameos.

I wouldn't bet on Dilophosaurus at all. Universal clearly has something against it (for who knows what reason.)

--

Wu could very easily briefly be on Nublar for other reasons. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 5:55 pm

Universal seem to be really into monsters these days!
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 6:22 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

For all we know he's already done that. I highly doubt that his first attempt at creating the Indominus was the one we got on screen. It wouldn't shock me at all if there were numerous attempts to create the Indominus that resulted in failure, and the only reason we didn't get a glimpse of those failures in JW is because Wu had a proper way to dispose of them. Now that he's freelancing, he can't really dispose of these "first attempts" without raising some serious eyebrows, so he simply holds onto them.

But the fact remains that he's already created his first "frankenstein monster", and that's exactly what more hybrids would be, which you are apparently all for.

Also, it seems pretty obvious to me that Wu already has a pretty shaky moral foundation (His lack of reaction when finding out the Indominus had killed people, and just his general indifference towards playing with life), and if there are even more killer hybrids with crazy abilities, then it's pretty obvious he doesn't give two shits about the repercussions of his actions. What's more likely is that he's just creating these things for money. Again, very loose morals, and totally in keeping with what we've seen of his character thus far...

I actually find it kind of funny that BD Wong's JP character and his Gotham character are almost exactly the same, albeit with a little more subtlety on the side of Wu.

Anyways, I think it'd make for a truly awesome, horrifying scene, and would be a great way of garnering sympathy for the animals and really getting the audience invested.

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 6:31 pm

I personally don't mind the hybrid thing at all. It's in line with Crichton's tampering with nature and making biological weapons perspective.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 6:42 pm

Well if we do have to go that route, go all the way and show the really dark side of it.

Also, keep the real dinosaurs at the forefront. It is "Jurassic Park" after all, not "Let's create a bunch of Pokemon Park".

The only way it'll work going forward is if it's kept grounded, and the audience has some investment in the idea, which I think showing the dark side of it would do.

Otherwise, it just turns into this...
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 600full-dinocroc-vs.-supergator-poster

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 7:41 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

But couldn't you argue that he's starting to become one with I. rex being the first of these Frankenstein dinosaurs?
No. Creating hybrids has nothing to do with mad science. Are geneticists mad scientists when they try to genetic modify cows, plants, birds or other animals? I don't think so.  Wink

Quote :
Anyways, I think it'd make for a truly awesome, horrifying scene, and would be a great way of garnering sympathy for the animals and really getting the audience invested.
By making a scientist a monster.  Rolling Eyes

Quote :
What's more likely is that he's just creating these things for money
Wow, how original that would be. Not only would that destroy all the character's core but also be lame, futile and cliche. It makes much more sense he's doing that because he's almost "godlike" and "science" than for money.

Quote :
Also, it seems pretty obvious to me that Wu already has a pretty shaky moral foundation (His lack of reaction when finding out the Indominus had killed people, and just his general indifference towards playing with life), and if there are even more killer hybrids with crazy abilities, then it's pretty obvious he doesn't give two shits about the repercussions of his actions
Of course, because for him, the end justifies the means. Some human life spared are justifiable to make progress in science (in his views), and he pretty much doesn't put human life in a pedestal like most humans do, he's more of amoral, sometimes he does things we find totally imoral but he can also do things we find "right", he just doesn't care if he's being morally right or wrong, because what he does necessary doesn't require this type of judgement, I guess.

Quote :
It wouldn't shock me at all if there were numerous attempts to create the Indominus that resulted in failure

This shows that science isn't a fairly tail like most people think.  Wink

Quote :
I actually find it kind of funny that BD Wong's JP character and his Gotham character are almost exactly the same, albeit with a little more subtlety on the side of Wu.
Totally disagree, but okay. I still think we didn't see half the personality the character has, because uh...Screentime.

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Sun May 21, 2017 7:57 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 7:51 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

No. Creating hybrids has nothing to do with mad science. Are geneticists mad scientists when they try to genetic modify cows, plants, birds or other animals? I don't think so.  Wink

Here's the thing. Modern GMO's aren't made as living biological weapons. Wu knew that I. rex was originally made as such in some form. Making a GMO cow to make milk for hungry countries is far different then making a heavily armored GMO dinosaur with bulletproof-at least to rifle bullets-skin.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 7:53 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Here's the thing. Modern GMO's aren't made as living biological weapons. Wu knew that I. rex was originally made as such in  some form. Making a GMO cow to make milk for hungry countries is far different then making a heavily armored GMO dinosaur with bulletproof-at least to rifle bullets-skin.
I see no difference, just the way they are used. Like if I engineer a powerfull dog but some asshole wants to use it for war...I would tell the bastard to f*ck off.

But Wu clearly doesn't care what people will do with his creations, if he agrees or not, he just doesn't care. All he wants is to create them. If someone asked him to make dinosaurs as pets or to be put in a santuary island, he would do the same.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 8:29 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Garnering more sympathy for the animals, thus relaying to the audience that they're actual living beings and not just simply plot devices.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Wow, how original that would be. Not only would that destroy all the character's core but also be lame, futile and cliche. It makes much more sense he's doing that because he's almost "godlike" and "science" than for money.

Fair enough, but it still doesn't scream "decent human being" to me. Actually, I'd say it pushes him even closer to being a "mad scientist".

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Of course, because for him, the end justifies the means. Some human life spared are justifiable to make progress in science (in his views), and he pretty much doesn't put human life in a pedestal like most humans do, he's more of amoral, sometimes he does things we find totally imoral but he can also do things we find "right", he just doesn't care if he's being morally right or wrong, because what he does necessary doesn't require this type of judgement, I guess.

Still screams "mad scientist" to me.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

So let's see it then! One thing that I really think JW could have done better is getting into the guts of what exactly was being done behind the scenes. People say that JW felt largely too pristine and inorganic, and showing these types of failed attempts would go a long way towards remedying that.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Totally disagree, but okay. I still think we didn't see half the personality the character has, because uh...Screentime.

We can only deduce based on what we've seen, and from what I've seen, the parallels between the two characters seem pretty obvious to me. Hell, your thoughts on Wu thinking of himself as "Godlike" create more of a parallel between Wu and Strange than anything.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 9:06 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Garnering more sympathy for the animals, thus relaying to the audience that they're actual living beings and not just simply plot devices.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Fair enough, but it still doesn't scream "decent human being" to me. Actually, I'd say it pushes him even closer to being a "mad scientist".

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Still screams "mad scientist" to me.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

So let's see it then! One thing that I really think JW could have done better is getting into the guts of what exactly was being done behind the scenes. People say that JW felt largely too pristine and inorganic, and showing these types of failed attempts would go a long way towards remedying that.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

We can only deduce based on what we've seen, and from what I've seen, the parallels between the two characters seem pretty obvious to me. Hell, your thoughts on Wu thinking of himself as "Godlike" create more of a parallel between Wu and Strange than anything.
Okay, I don't think that's necessary to make people feel for the dinosaurs. If people don't have sympathy for them, they won't have when dinosaurs are tortured. I don't need to see such scenes to feel bad for these animals.

Wu isn't an example of a person, I know that. At least this makes him kinda realistic and not a false moralist like some JP universe characters.

I don't see that as mad scientist at all. You guys need to separate that not everything is mad science, but anyway, I still think that even if this makes him close to being one, I don't like this at all. It's cliche. We saw it 283717361272 times. I wanted something new. Sorry it's hard to explain.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 10:07 pm

Neomorph wrote:
I have nothing to do with the Reddit leak. The fan favorite Carnotaurus, another fan favorite and Baryonyx MIGHT appear in the movie, but you never know. I bet if they do they will be cameos.

I wouldn't bet on Dilophosaurus at all. Universal clearly has something against it (for who knows what reason.)

--

I really really hope you're not an insider from what you just said based on Dilophosaurus.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 11:20 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

Okay, I don't think that's necessary to make people feel for the dinosaurs. If people don't have sympathy for them, they won't have when dinosaurs are tortured. I don't need to see such scenes to feel bad for these animals.

The JP franchise to this point has done a relatively good job at portraying the animals as actual living creatures, but the Indominus wasn't portrayed in such a way. It was a hyper aggressive hybrid monster, and people didn't feel for it as a result, hence the near universal "f*ck yeah!" when Rexy, Blue and the Mosa took it out. If the hybrid angle is to continue, it needs to become more developed, and in order to do that, the hybrid animals need to be portrayed as living animals as well. Seeing them succumbing to the whims of man in revolting, grotesque ways would be the easiest and most effective way of doing this imo.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Wu isn't an example of a person, I know that. At least this makes him kinda realistic and not a false moralist like some JP universe characters.

I don't see that as mad scientist at all. You guys need to separate that not everything is mad science, but anyway, I still think that even if this makes him close to being one, I don't like this at all. It's cliche. We saw it 283717361272 times. I wanted something new. Sorry it's hard to explain.

He Frankensteins dinosaurs into weapons for whoever will pony up the cash and has a God complex to boot.

Seems pretty mad to me.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 6:33 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

The JP franchise to this point has done a relatively good job at portraying the animals as actual living creatures, but the Indominus wasn't portrayed in such a way. It was a hyper aggressive hybrid monster, and people didn't feel for it as a result, hence the near universal "f*ck yeah!" when Rexy, Blue and the Mosa took it out. If the hybrid angle is to continue, it needs to become more developed, and in order to do that, the hybrid animals need to be portrayed as living animals as well. Seeing them succumbing to the whims of man in revolting, grotesque ways would be the easiest and most effective way of doing this imo.

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

He Frankensteins  dinosaurs into weapons for whoever will pony up the cash and has a God complex to boot.

Seems pretty mad to me.
Meh, he can get out of it and get a propper development without being a mad scientist that likes to mess with stuff for fun. Because uh, it's so original right. It get's into my nerves. Evil or Very Mad

Shitty lack of development in JW has lead to this.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 8:18 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:

--

I really really hope you're not an insider from what you just said based on Dilophosaurus.

Sorry. At least that one is not a real dinosaur in the movie. So unless there are living ones in the movie, we will have just another "non-real" cameo again.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 9:50 am

Neomorph wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:

--

Sorry. At least that one is not a real dinosaur in the movie. So unless there are living ones in the movie, we will have just another "non-real" cameo again.

Okay then what the hell is the deal with the leaked dilophosaurus picture from a few weeks back?

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:00 am

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:

--

Okay then what the hell is the deal with the leaked dilophosaurus picture from a few weeks back?

It's

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 12:06 pm

Neomorph wrote:
Spoiler:

What a big disappointment. Sad

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 5:34 pm

Neomorph wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:

--

It's

Spoiler:

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 E02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238

Sorry, but anything that is not from official sources, I'm going to take with a grain of salt.

Remember, at one time people said that there was going to be a dino-gorilla hybrid at the end of Jurassic World.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 5:51 pm

1morey wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:

--

It's

Spoiler:

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 E02e5ffb5f980cd8262cf7f0ae00a4a9_press-x-to-doubt-memes-memesuper-la-noire-doubt-meme_419-238

Sorry, but anything that is not from official sources, I'm going to take with a grain of salt.

Remember, at one time people said that there was going to be a dino-gorilla hybrid at the end of Jurassic World.

and you should. It's only fair. I never asked anyone to believe in what I say. In regards to Dilophosaurus I have no idea if there are live ones in the movie (probably not), but that one from the pics
Spoiler:
. You will remember this post.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 5:59 pm

I wouldn't mind seeing the Compys make a return...

Just sayin'.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 7:03 pm

so. Recent things with the volcano playing a more prominent part in marketing 'embers' etc...make me think. Is Lockwood having the team sent there by happenstance or by deliberate? In Jurassic Park the Game, what happened was they were forced through tunnels which led them through the geothermal power plant. I was thinking a volcanic reaction could be forced this way if the power plant has any sort of computer connection.

Lockwood hires hackers to over ride the geothermal power plant using the Ingen mainframe, causing the core to overload. Once the explosions hit the geothermal part of the power plant is when the pressure starts building and you have something that might be in danger of blowing. I know nothing about volcanoes or how the science of them, just trying to figure out how a volcano blowing up might be manipulated

(this whole thing is my theory, and I think at this point we all think Lockwood is some sort of villain, but not exactly how much of a villain he might be)

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 8:48 pm

Neomorph wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:

--

It's

Spoiler:

I knew it. From the moment we saw that set pic with that animal in the background of the mansion I had a pit in my stomach. Are you 100% certain that's atleast the case for the one that leaked??? Or an educated guess. I 
Spoiler:

Honestly if they don't bring this animal back screw them. Atleast pretend like it doesn't exist. It's my personal favorite Dinosaur. It's what I want to see most make a return. And I know it's not all about me and my wants. But I don't think other fans would mind the animal returning, would you guys? All I'm asking for is one scene. I don't want it to dominate the film! 

It was one of the most iconic scenes from the original. I just don't understand what the fucking problem is? An animal that is not only a predator but that can spit venom at you is cool too me. I'd rather have that over another hybrid.

Sorry for the rant but this is pissing me off. If they have no interest in bringing it back stop teasing us.

And yes Tyrant I would love to see a compy return.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 9:01 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:

--

It's

Spoiler:

I knew it. From the moment we saw that set pic with that animal in the background of the mansion I had a pit in my stomach. Are you 100% certain that's atleast the case for the one that leaked??? Or an educated guess. I 
Spoiler:

Honestly if they don't bring this animal back screw them. Atleast pretend like it doesn't exist. It's my personal favorite Dinosaur. It's what I want to see most make a return. And I know it's not all about me and my wants. But I don't think other fans would mind the animal returning, would you guys? All I'm asking for is one scene. I don't want it to dominate the film! 

It was one of the most iconic scenes from the original. I just don't understand what the fucking problem is? An animal that is not only a predator but that can spit venom at you is cool too me. I'd rather have that over another hybrid.

Sorry for the rant but this is pissing me off. If they have no interest in bringing it back stop teasing us.

And yes Tyrant I would love to see a compy return.

Damn straight.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 21 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 34  Next