Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:53 pm

Neomorph wrote:
1 - pic is true, but it's not an animatronic. It's very likely to be a puppet, although it looks better than the previous dinosaurs.

2 -
Spoiler:
Incoming PM floods.  Laughing

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 8:58 pm

http://screenrant3.imgix.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/jurassic-world-2-director-puppets.jpg?auto=format&cs=tinysrgb&q=20&w=380&h=222&fit=crop&dpr=1.5

Perhaps this meant more than we thought.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 9:02 pm

So I'm still not sure what exactly the difference between "puppets" and "animatronics" are.

It is safe to say that these puppets have elements of animatronics, right?

Forgive my ignorance.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 9:16 pm

From my understanding, a puppet the size of a T Rex head wouldn't use manpower, at least not exclusively. It just isn't animatronic, meaning it doesn't have electrical robotics in it. Instead, it's probably controlled by hydraulic pumps triggered by stagehands.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu May 18, 2017 10:41 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
So I'm still not sure what exactly the difference between "puppets" and "animatronics" are.

It is safe to say that these puppets have elements of animatronics, right?

Forgive my ignorance.

They damn well better for 260 million.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 3:07 am

These are the guys controlling the animatronics/puppets :

https://twitter.com/FilmBayona/status/842825554738974722/photo/1

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 8:13 am

Pretty sure there are more puppets than real animatronics in this movie. Only two dinosaurs might have true animatronics.
Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 7:56 pm

Neomorph wrote:
Pretty sure there are more puppets than real animatronics in this movie. Only two dinosaurs might have true animatronics.

Do u know which 2? Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeFri May 19, 2017 8:00 pm

Anybody remember this Rex puppet screen test from JP3? It looked pretty damn good imo.

I wonder if there's a chance of seeing anything akin to this in JW2?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPVKkLcYuGw

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 12:27 pm

the whole raptor escaping thing does sound to me like a particular plot point I've been betting on will come to fruition.

IE. That Raptor is Blue and she gets off the island.

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 1:11 pm

I think at this point it's extremely obvious Rexy, Blue and others are taken off the island and the most of the chaos happen at the mansion.

I'm pretty sure other raptors will come into play as well. Really doubt Blue is the only one.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 2:02 pm

Neomorph wrote:
I think at this point it's extremely obvious Rexy, Blue and others are taken off the island and the most of the chaos happen at the mansion.

I'm pretty sure other raptors will come into play as well. Really doubt Blue is the only one.

The legitimacy of the 'save the dinos' plan is also in doubt now. I mean its a thing but the motives behind it may not be. I mean the dinos are apparently all going to the mansion and not Sorna so I wonder what Lockwood's motives behind it all are.

Probably a 25 year old grudge between him and hammond. Ie.e the whole thing with Hammond not mentioning him at all in JP makes me think there was a falling out somewhere along the way and Lockwood helped develop the dinos but never really was allowed/pushed out of Ingen proper.

And now with JW down and hammond gone, Lockwood would see this as the perfect opportunity to fake cry to the public saying he 'accepts responsibility' as an original creator of the dinos and offer to fund expedition to save the dinos or whatever.

But the dinos all go to him.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 3:42 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
the whole raptor escaping thing does sound to me like a particular plot point I've been betting on will come to fruition.

I bet she gets Wu or maybe Cromwell if he's bad.

I really hope this whole movie doesn't take place in a mansion though. I was hoping we'd be constantly going through new locations.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 3:49 pm

This is a bit of theory along with some facts, so here's my synopsis:

- A volcanic eruption is threatening the dinosaurs on Isla Nublar. Claire recruits Owen (because of his knowledge + attachment to Blue) and a few others to go save the animals and transfer them to Isla Sorna. The whole thing is funded by Benjamin Lockwood, Hammond's old partner.
As it turns out, Lockwood has other reasons for saving the dinosaurs and basically hijacks the entire thing, transferring the dinosaurs to his property, where a big ... event ... will be hosted.
During said ... event ... something goes wrong and the dinosaurs, along with Wu's latest creation (pretty sure Wu is working for Lockwood), gets released. All hell breaks loose.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 6:54 pm

I like it, although I'm not sure about the "Wu's latest creation" aspect of it.

I'd hate to see this turn into the "hybrid of the week" type situation.

I do like the other proposed plot points though.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 7:25 pm

Going by what Neomorph has told me, Wu's latest creation is something that was talked about in JW.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 7:37 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

I really hope this whole movie doesn't take place in a mansion though. I was hoping we'd be constantly going through new locations.
Blue? Nah, that project of raptor isn't even worth killing Wu. They better not do that. Rolling Eyes

Feral raptors should do the job.

Or whatever is that "latest creation" you guys are talking about.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 7:43 pm

dance2nite wrote:
Going by what Neomorph has told me, Wu's latest creation is something that was talked about in JW.

I take it that we're talking about a mini-Indominus then?

I mean, it could work, but I was kind of hoping that the hybrids plot point was going to be a one time thing.

But, on the plus side, it still means the possibility of seeing the Arlix Laughing

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 8:29 pm

Quote :
This is a bit of theory along with some facts, so here's my synopsis:

- A volcanic eruption is threatening the dinosaurs on Isla Nublar. Claire recruits Owen (because of his knowledge + attachment to Blue) and a few others to go save the animals and transfer them to Isla Sorna. The whole thing is funded by Benjamin Lockwood, Hammond's old partner.
As it turns out, Lockwood has other reasons for saving the dinosaurs and basically hijacks the entire thing, transferring the dinosaurs to his property, where a big ... event ... will be hosted.
During said ... event ... something goes wrong and the dinosaurs, along with Wu's latest creation (pretty sure Wu is working for Lockwood), gets released. All hell breaks loose.

Oh believe me, I think again its pretty obvious that Lockwood is shady as hell right now. And probably attempting JP San Diego all over again with his manor.

Quote :

Stegoceratops. It was talked about ('is that a real dinosaur')would be my guess

yeah if anyone thought hybrids would be going away...dead wrong

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 8:44 pm

I think it is also pretty obvious the hybrid concept will be around for some time. At least, let's hope they keep the hybrids grounded.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 8:46 pm

Neomorph wrote:
I think it is also pretty obvious the hybrid concept will be around for some time. At least, let's hope they keep the hybrids grounded.

yeah considering stegoceratops might be pushing it, I can see them trying to go an 'alien' route and making a mini indominus that basically looks like Zilla jr so it expands the concept but doesnt go to crazy.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 9:27 pm

Neomorph wrote:

With you there.

Furthermore, let's hope they don't overwhelm future films. People watch JP films for the dinosaurs. While I'm not against adding something new, it always should come back to the dinosaurs.

I just hope we're not headed for monster of the week territory, and that the actual dinosaurs don't become secondary.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 11:03 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Blue? Nah, that project of raptor isn't even worth killing Wu. They better not do that. Rolling Eyes

Feral raptors should do the job.

Or whatever is that "latest creation" you guys are talking about.

Lol at project of a raptor XD
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 11:09 pm

I'm still hoping for the main threat at the end of the movie to NOT be a hybrid. Ideally, I'd like them to stumble upon a roomful of failed abominations being kept alive.
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm hoping that it's a "super-raptor". I.E. A Velociraptor that's a genetically modified hybrid that was basically a prototype of I. rex. Maybe it could have the DNA of The Big One for heightened aggression.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSat May 20, 2017 11:42 pm

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
I'm still hoping for the main threat at the end of the movie to NOT be a hybrid. Ideally, I'd like them to stumble upon a roomful of failed abominations being kept alive.

I would be all for that. It'd be a nice touch of horror added to the franchise. Something similar to the Ripley clone room in Alien: Resurrection (I realize Alien: Resurrection isn't the greatest film in the world, but that one scene was pretty spectacular)

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 2:39 am

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
dance2nite wrote:

I take it that we're talking about a mini-Indominus then?

Wink
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 7:23 am

BoulderFaceplant wrote:
Yeah let it be a T.rex again. So original.  Laughing

I rather see a new hybrid as a threat, at least is something new that will add to the story.

Now I'm really interested in it. Bring it on, Wu.  Cool

It'll be actually funny to see some despair about it, I'll gladly tell those people to "deal with it" the same way they did with Malcolm.

Back to top Go down
Lost
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus
Lost

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 8:40 am

What was that thing in the original Sayles script about a mansion in Switzerland or something like that? Been years since I read it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 8:54 am

The hybrids are here to say. I made peace with the concept ages ago so not surprised at all with a new one.

Spielberg and co. like the concept so it's given it would be be back in some capacity.

I also really feel some of the ideas from the Sayles draft have made into this script once again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 20 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next