Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2

Go down 
+35
The Geeky Zoologist
Six-Foot Turkey
Levine
TyrannoFan
Herrerasaurus
JoeApp
The Beeg One
TheDreamMaster
K_Ozz92
brunofernando
TRK/TrexKing
Lost
Viperman
eagc7
TyrannosaurTJ
Dead2009
evolution_rex
Pokesaurus
Trexbreakout
Megaspino2
LeGribouilleur
Dr. Wu
1morey
Aegyptiacus3
Oviraptor
Gondrasia
Pachyrhinosaurus
Tyrant Lizard
BarrytheOnyx
Océane
CT-1138
V.a.nublarensis
Sickle_Claw
dance2nite
Rhedosaurus
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 9:31 pm

You know...*sigh* Why can't we have a constant stream of good news or at least far more good news then bad news about JW2/JP5? I still have a lot of hope left, but I find it odd that the upcoming Godzilla movie has more positivity around it then this movie does.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 9:37 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
You know...*sigh* Why can't we have a constant stream of good news or at least far more good news then bad news about JW2/JP5? I still have a lot of hope left, but I find it odd that the upcoming Godzilla movie has more positivity around it then this movie does.

Can you give me a list of things you would consider negative news in your eyes? Just curious. 

I know I'm ranting hard about the Dilo right now but I feel pretty positive as a whole.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 9:44 pm

guys tomorrow the licensing expo kicks off so stay strong. who knows, we may se a lot more then just thhe banner stuff

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 9:54 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Can you give me a list of things you would consider negative news in your eyes? Just curious. 

I know I'm ranting hard about the Dilo right now but I feel pretty positive as a whole.

Lack of Dilo, the unknown part about Sorna still being canon, the whole rescue operation instead of exploring the other islands, (Isla Matanceros is large enough to have a considerable dinosaur population), no exotic dinosaurs like Deniochrius. In the end, there is just so much untapped potential but Universal isn't even bothering to try any of that. No animated TV series that links the original trilogy and this new one together, no books that explore the biographies of the characters, etc. Maybe if came out that they plan to move the Nublar dinosaurs to Sorna or Matanceros, then I'd have a bit more optimism.

I still have a lot of hope for this movie. I'm also a Godzilla fan so maybe the good news I'm hearing about that movie is making my inner JP fan jealous.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 9:55 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:

Most things I've heard surrounding JW2 hit me as pretty positive. Not in love with a new hybrid being the main antagonist, but it's nothing that's going to ruin the film for me, considering that the Indominus was handled relatively well.

Positives:

- Darker tone

- New dinosaurs

- Old favorite dinosaurs

- Classic returning character

- Interesting new plot

- Interesting new cast

- Animatronics/puppets

- 260 million dollar budget

Negatives:

- New hybrid as focal point

- No Dilo

For me the positives FAR outweigh the negatives thus far.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:07 pm

I see both your points. There has been good and bad. But that's the thing, I feel there is so much middle ground as of right now. For example, they have talked big about animatronics and puppets but who knows how big it's actually going. What if what got leaked are statues for the old mans house mostly? I could see them only having a few smaller animatronics and then I could see it go the other way and them go all out. 

And then the story. All I know is that I'm intrigued. I feel I don't know enough to be disappointed or extremely hyped. 

Malcolm. Depends on what his role is. 

We could still get a Dilo. 

So yeah I see all the points. You both make very good cases for why one should or shouldn't be excited lol!

As far as the Godzilla thing I'm a fanboy as well. But that movie is much farther off. We don't really know anything about the plot or if they can succeed in bringing all these monsters together. Although the casting news is all great imo, I'm still not sold on the director.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:10 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I see both your points. There has been good and bad. But that's the thing, I feel there is so much middle ground as of right now. For example, they have talked big about animatronics and puppets but who knows how big it's actually going. What if what got leaked are statues for the old mans house mostly? I could see them only having a few smaller animatronics and then I could see it go the other way and them go all out. 

Big, from what I hear. I'll leave it at that.

Back to top Go down
1morey
Parasaurolophus
Parasaurolophus
1morey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:15 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

The criticisms/fears/worries I am seeing are:

* The film is going to be The Lost World: Jurassic Park 2.0
* Lack of faith in J.A. Bayona's abilities. (at least, this is how I am perceiving it)
* Criticisms about apparent plot points (Isla Nublar, for example), for which we do not have complete context for.
* Seems like people still think the Sayles script is still a thing.

I bought the blu-ray for The Impossible immediately after watching it on Netflix. I have heard a lot of good things about The Orphanage and A Monster Calls.

I personally think the film is in good hands, regardless of how anyone feels about Jurassic World.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:22 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:

Most things I've heard surrounding JW2 hit me as pretty positive. Not in love with a new hybrid being the main antagonist, but it's nothing that's going to ruin the film for me, considering that the Indominus was handled relatively well.

Positives:

- Darker tone

- New dinosaurs

- Old favorite dinosaurs

- Classic returning character

- Interesting new plot

- Interesting new cast

- Animatronics/puppets

- 260 million dollar budget

Negatives:

- New hybrid as focal point

- No Dilo

For me the positives FAR outweigh the negatives thus far.

Troyal1 wrote:

And then the story. All I know is that I'm intrigued. I feel I don't know enough to be disappointed or extremely hyped.

Malcolm. Depends on what his role is.

We could still get a Dilo.

So yeah I see all the points. You both make very good cases for why one should or shouldn't be excited lol!

As far as the Godzilla thing I'm a fanboy as well. But that movie is much farther off. We don't really know anything about the plot or if they can succeed in bringing all these monsters together. Although the casting news is all great imo, I'm still not sold on the director.

I guess it's just me liking the movies, but hating what Universal has been doing to the franchise after TLW. You can read what I think about Universal here and here. I really think that Universal just doesn't really care about the franchise anymore. Not since TLW. It's also the reason why I want the rights to go to Disney, or at least WB or Fox. That we'd see the franchise get treated better. Have movies/an animated TV series that connects the trilogies together. Explain where the JP3 Spino came from (I still say ret-con it as a T. rex/Spino hybrid which would also lead to us seeing 'real' Spinosaurus's), fill in the gaps, that stuff. I don't trust Universal with that thing.

I expect this movie to be better then JW. But it will be in spite of Universal.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon May 22, 2017 10:32 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

Big, from what I hear. I'll leave it at that.

Same. Just trying to take a "Dilophosaurus approach" if you know what I mean Wink.

That might be my new term for skepticism.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 7:43 am

Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:
Neomorph wrote:
I have nothing to do with the Reddit leak. The fan favorite Carnotaurus, another fan favorite and Baryonyx MIGHT appear in the movie, but you never know. I bet if they do they will be cameos.

I wouldn't bet on Dilophosaurus at all. Universal clearly has something against it (for who knows what reason.)

--

Wu could very easily briefly be on Nublar for other reasons. Rolling Eyes

I really really hope you're not an insider from what you just said based on Dilophosaurus.

Sorry. At least that one is not a real dinosaur in the movie. So unless there are living ones in the movie, we will have just another "non-real" cameo again.

Okay then what the hell is the deal with the leaked dilophosaurus picture from a few weeks back?

It's

Spoiler:

I knew it. From the moment we saw that set pic with that animal in the background of the mansion I had a pit in my stomach. Are you 100% certain that's atleast the case for the one that leaked??? Or an educated guess. I 
Spoiler:

Honestly if they don't bring this animal back screw them. Atleast pretend like it doesn't exist. It's my personal favorite Dinosaur. It's what I want to see most make a return. And I know it's not all about me and my wants. But I don't think other fans would mind the animal returning, would you guys? All I'm asking for is one scene. I don't want it to dominate the film! 

It was one of the most iconic scenes from the original. I just don't understand what the fucking problem is? An animal that is not only a predator but that can spit venom at you is cool too me. I'd rather have that over another hybrid.

Sorry for the rant but this is pissing me off. If they have no interest in bringing it back stop teasing us.

And yes Tyrant I would love to see a compy return.

---

100% positive it is
Spoiler:
. You can actually tell it's not a real thing hence why
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 1:56 pm

So someone just posted a picture on twitter and deleted it pretty quick. I was pretty damn happy with what I saw Smile .
Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 2:46 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
So someone just posted a picture on twitter and deleted it pretty quick. I was pretty damn happy with what I saw Smile .

So yeah...can you share it?

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 5:29 pm

K_Ozz92 wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

So yeah...can you share it?

I don't have the picture. I did a re tweet and realized a minute or two later there is a campaign to stop the spoilers, so I didn't want to spoil my unsuspecting friends. I went back on to cancel my re tweet and it was flat out gone. 

So sorry I have no picture to give you. Although now that it's "in the wild" so to speak. It'll probably come back.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 6:00 pm

What was in the picture?

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 6:56 pm

Troyal1 wrote:

Well dude, you can't just leave us hanging like that.

What was the picture of?

Could you PM me if you don't want to share it in the open?

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:04 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Also Neomorph is right. There  IS a hybrid. damn it.

Where? Based on what proof? Not trying to act like a skeptic, just a bit lost is all.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:12 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Where? Based on what proof? Not trying to act like a skeptic, just a bit lost is all.
Hey man can I ask if you have a twitter? I can't remember if you had one or not.

I know I almost have everyone here added. Sorry for the off topic.
Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:26 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Hey man can I ask if you have a twitter? I can't remember if you had one or not.

I know I almost have everyone here added. Sorry for the off topic.

Sure thing! Also for ease of identity, I'm considering making the T. rex profile picture the profile pic on Jurassic Mainframe;

https://twitter.com/Albion_93

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:32 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Leaked on a toy. Not from -that- list. But know this. Universal is trying to keep this more of a secret then the indominus and it would be really bad if it got out.

Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Leaked on a toy. Not from -that- list. But know this. Universal is trying to keep this more of a secret then the indominus and it would be really bad if it got out.

It's only a matter of time before Reddit or 4Chan got their hands on a picture. Those places are more reliable then many 'established' Hollywood insider news sources.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 8:54 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Really?

My revenge is here then. HAHAHAHAHA

People were really thinking Wu wouldn't keep making hybrids?  Laughing

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Giphy

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
BoulderFaceplant
Ceratosaurus
Ceratosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:09 pm

Could someone please PM me and point me in the direction of these leaks?
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:32 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Really?

My revenge is here then. HAHAHAHAHA

People were really thinking Wu wouldn't keep making hybrids?  Laughing

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Giphy

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 60101.MeetHugoStrange

Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 9:35 pm

To cover our asses, anything pertaining to legit leaks will be removed. Universal caught on to what was being posted here so, if you have leaks and really need to share them...dont do it here, please.

Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:32 pm

I find this ironic how all this came out one the 20th anniversary of The Lost World.

Life found a way. Laughing Laughing Laughing

By the way, what happened to Neomorph? And do you guys think he was a leaker from Universal itself like Stantz1984-the guy who leaked GB2016-was from Sony?

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
I find this ironic how all this came out one the 20th anniversary of The Lost World.

Life found a way. Laughing Laughing Laughing

By the way, what happened to Neomorph? And do you guys think he was a leaker from Universal itself like Stantz1984-the guy who leaked GB2016-was from Sony?

Neomorph requested that we delete his account.

2. I am not sure.

3. Yeah apparently Universal found out what was going on with the posts here.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:38 pm

Dead2009 wrote:
To cover our asses, anything pertaining to legit leaks will be removed. Universal caught on to what was being posted here so, if you have leaks and really need to share them...dont do it here, please.

I'm genuinely asking, but how do we know if they are legit or not if that makes sense?  Does that mean we can't even talk about "leaks" or things we've heard, but aren't sure are true? 

Like I understand a picture is a real leak 100%. 

Also(and please don't take this offensively) if we can't speculate about things that might be true, what exactly are we supposed to talk about until the trailers and stuff like that come around? And even when the trailer drops it'll be hard not to say "yeah that scene might confirm the leak is true!" Or "yeah looks like that leak was a fraud" and want to discuss it if that makes sense.

Just asking. I don't want anyone in trouble of course.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:40 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Dead2009 wrote:

I'm genuinely asking, but how do we know if they are legit or not if that makes sense?  Does that mean we can't even talk about "leaks" or things we've heard, but aren't sure are true? 

Like I understand a picture is a real leak 100%. 

Also(and please don't take this offensively) if we can't speculate about that things that might be true, want exactly are we supposed to talk about until the trailers and stuff like that comes around? And even when the trailer drops it'll be hard not to say "yeah that scene might confirm the leak is true!" and want to discuss it if that makes sense.

Just asking. I don't want anyone in trouble of course.

I'll say this. Its so sensitive because he was right about a few things. One of them being Wu's new creation was was apparently so sensitive. Also that plot synopsis was real. Sorta.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue May 23, 2017 10:45 pm

Okay. I PM'ed the dude trying to find a synopsis but now his account is gone so oh well :p.

How did universal find out so damn quick? I hope me posting I saw a picture on twitter didn't get people in trouble. I'm legit very sorry if true.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2 - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.2
Page 22 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 28 ... 34  Next