Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?

Go down 
+5
Spinosaur4.4
Rhedosaurus
BarrytheOnyx
Dead2009
Trexbreakout
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Empty
PostSubject: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 6:36 am

What do you think? When I read that Goldblum said saucy and sassy it reminded me more of his character in JP. Personally I'd like him to be more like he was in TLW, or maybe a mix of the two?
Back to top Go down
Dead2009
Administrator
Administrator
Dead2009

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 9:17 am

Will probably be a mixture of the 2. Crack a joke here and there and then get serious.

Back to top Go down
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:58 am

I think on account of his age, Malcolm can't be quite as spry and quippy as he was in Jurassic Park; he can sure as heck be charismatic, charming and funny, and perhaps that could well be a sign that he is over his dinosaur-induced trauma. It made sense for him to be more serious in TLW because it had only been four years since the Isla Nublar incident, you could even say he started to let himself go a bit by that point because he didn't look quite as dashing as he did in the first film. But now that a lot more time has passed he probably can allow himself to be more sassy and at home in himself.

Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 8:26 pm

I say he'll be 1/3 JP Malcolm and 2/3 TLW Malcolm. What happened in JW had to have made him far more cynical then what he was in TLW.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 9:32 pm

Hope for TLW. I'm not with patience anymore for his jokes like JP. We already have Owen making futile jokes, we don't need Malcolm doing the same. I want him serious.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 9:55 pm

As I've said before many times on many other Malcolm threads, he needs to be hybrid of three different elements: JP + TLW + new characteristics that have come with experience and years.

If they use JP-only it would feel rehashy, it would disregard of TLW, and it would be fanservice . If they use TLW-only he wouldn't have deeper thoughts or personality as that character is basically semi-serious action man. If they make him entirely new and disregard everything before then what's the point of having him there. Only by mixing the three will they succeed.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 9:57 pm

Mistral wrote:
As I've said before many times on many other Malcolm threads, he needs to be hybrid of three different elements: JP + TLW + new characteristics that have come with experience and years.

If they use JP-only it would feel rehashy, it would disregard of TLW, and it would be fanservice . If they use TLW-only he wouldn't have deeper thoughts or personality as that character is basically semi-serious action man. If they make him entirely new and disregard everything before then what's the point of having him there. Only by mixing the three will they succeed.
This.  I approve!

Back to top Go down
sdp
Hatchling
Hatchling
sdp

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeWed May 10, 2017 10:20 pm

He'll be JW2 Malcolm.

http://miscrave.com
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 10:40 am

I believe he will probably be very much on the "I told you so" soap box. He was proven right.

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 2:08 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
I believe he will probably be very much on the "I told you so" soap box. He was proven right.

That would get boring very quickly me thinks

One or two lines is fine but more than that starts to sound of needless arrogance and repetition
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

One or two lines is fine but more than that starts to sound of needless arrogance and repetition

Im just saying, in JW he was well known enough that not one but two employees were seen to own his book. so he's done well for himself.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Im just saying, in JW he was well known enough that not one but two employees were seen to own his book. so he's done well for himself.
Meh...He's so important that people stopped making dinos, right? Oh wait.  Laughing

I agree with Mistral, I hope they don't push to that place.

Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 5:15 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

Meh...He's so important that people stopped making dinos, right? Oh wait.  Laughing

Diego and Mistral. All Im trying to say is that he has been probably saying
"jurassic world will fail because chaos"
so this happens:
1. Jurassic World Fails
2. Malcolm gloats like an asshole.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 5:20 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

so this happens:
1. Jurassic World Fails

LMAO

So now he's like "I'm the diviner".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 5:28 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

so this happens:
1. Jurassic World Fails

Or he has had nothing to do with these enterprises for the last 15-20 years, and even if someone in the media has reached to him he's said "no comment" or something

Even his book(s) don't need to have anything to do with stuff at stake here, they could just be consisting of general chaos and theories about whatever. People just buy them because of his famous involvements in the past, ie because of his name. He could be the victim of his involvements, not as much ideas.

And if he has been giving negative comments from time to time, I would hope that he's grown to be modest enough to have modesty, and perspective on things. Not to have become celebrity reality star repeating his rightfulness

I don't necessarily mind him saying that the animals should perhaps be destroyed however Razz well as long as they'd give some explanatory perspective on his actions in relation to TLW
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:20 pm

Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

so this happens:
1. Jurassic World Fails

Or he has had nothing to do with these enterprises for the last 15-20 years, and even if someone in the media has reached to him he's said "no comment" or something

Even his book(s) don't need to have anything to do with stuff at stake here, they could just be consisting of general chaos and theories about whatever. People just buy them because of his famous involvements in the past, ie because of his name. He could be the victim of his involvements, not as much ideas.

And if he has been giving negative comments from time to time, I would hope that he's grown to be modest enough to have modesty, and perspective on things. Not to have become celebrity reality star repeating his rightfulness

I don't necessarily mind him saying that the animals should perhaps be destroyed however Razz well as long as they'd give some explanatory perspective on his actions in relation to TLW

Well, I'm not exactly remembering here but doesnt Eric Kirby mention something about Malcolms book to grant in JP3? Im not trying to start an argument dude, I'm just trying to speculate.

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 11, 2017 9:29 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Mistral wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:

so this happens:
1. Jurassic World Fails

Well, I'm not exactly remembering here but doesnt Eric Kirby mention something about Malcolms book to grant in JP3? Im not trying to start an argument dude, I'm just trying to speculate.

Eric and Grant never specify what the book is about, other than Eric saying it's all about chaos and stuff. So that book doesn't have to have anything to do with dinosaurs or the park either.

Malcolm was 'famous' at that point already for being part of the whole thing, so that alone might be what sells his books and what made Eric read it. Just like Grant's auditorium was full of people, but nobody cared of his raptor studies he was presenting there and just wanted to know about JP and/or San Diego incident in the auditorium lol.
Back to top Go down
Trexbreakout
Hatchling
Hatchling

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeFri May 12, 2017 4:35 am

I dont expect him to be as serious as TLW but I do hope he is more relaxed
Back to top Go down
smaugtheterrible
Hatchling
Hatchling
smaugtheterrible

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 1:21 am

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:

LMAO

So now he's like "I'm the diviner".

I read this while tired and thought it said "I'm the driver," and I didn't think that it would make much sense for Malcolm to be a chauffeur in the sequel.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about the character being in the next film, and I'm guessing that his personality will take cues from both JP and TLW.

Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeSun May 21, 2017 6:16 am

It's probably worth noting that part of why his attitude will probably be different from how it was in TLW is that he doesn't have a daughter to protect. He wasn't exactly relaxed in the first half of the expedition, but you could see how much tenser he became as soon as he learned Kelly had stowed away with them.

Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitimeThu May 25, 2017 3:36 am

I very much agree with BarrytheOnyx . It always annoys me when people say that Malcolm was a completely different character in the lost world. In Jw 2 i expect something more closely to how he was in jp 1 but more serious like he was in the lost world. He prob won't be in any action scene.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?   Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Will Malcolm be more like he was in JP or TLW?
Page 1 of 1