Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3

Go down 
+35
Sickle_Claw
IllOrfanato
Tyrant Lizard
Six-Foot Turkey
BarrytheOnyx
Rhedosaurus
Dead2009
V.a.nublarensis
Gondrasia
Amanasaur Rex
AJFU
TRK/TrexKing
JP_Korea
CT-1138
brunofernando
Robotpo
NolaJP
K_Ozz92
The Geeky Zoologist
BoulderFaceplant
Baryonyx111
Trexbreakout
deinocoop
DinoMike
Bbrink1996
baryonyx7
Pachyrhinosaurus
Levine
Océane
Spinosaur4.4
TyrannoFan
#TRexSpinorematch
Oviraptor
TheDreamMaster
Dr. Wu
39 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next
AuthorMessage
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:38 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
My bet is that this dino is going to be the real "villain" of Fallen Kingdom.
It will be much scarier than the Indominus, its black skin is terrifying and the teeth show its insanity. Hoskins' dream and Wu's best experiment. This will camouflage in the night and kill many people like a Raptor with same intelligence and more strength.
Bayona can make it looks so scary.

Just my theory though.
That's what I want to see. Hope Bayona makes this hybrid very scary.

Can't wait.

I think though that this hybrid could actually have a relatively "small" role. I mean, maybe they will talk about it during the story, but it will arrive and we will see it only in the third act. I guess this increase the suspense towards this creature, like the shark in Jaws.

I'd rather it have a small role to be honest. The Dinosaur rescue mission sounds a lot more interesting than a new hybrid storyline.
I'd rather have this take a big role and introduce a new darker concept for the franchise than see the same mainstream dinosaurs species over and over and have the same role again. This + the new dinosaurs are the best thing to happen so far IMO.

I'm just glad Nublar part will be max half the movie and the rest will be the manor, where the real things will happen. 

We already know what to expect from the "dinosaur" rescue mission. 25 minutes of "Capture Rexy" and more 25 of "Capture Blue", 2 minutes for the other dinosaurs. That will be the rescue.  Nah, I pass it. Rather see the real implications of playing God and science.

Manor plot is way more interesting and mysterious. And if we think about it, all we still don't know happens there.

If "new dinosaurs" and "Not the same thing" means hybrid, then I'm all for it. 

Anyway, Chris on twitter put some light into the pic :

https://twitter.com/ChrisLikesDinos/status/884131689613729794

I disagree. I find the idea of racing against an erupting volcano much more thrilling than mad scientists creates abomination-asaurus again. The whole dinosaurs rescue mission + possible betrayal scene could bring some really cool character arcs for some characters. I'm not against hybrids at all, but it just sounds like it's gonna be Indominus Rex 2.0.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:43 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
It will be much scarier than the Indominus, its black skin is terrifying and the teeth show its insanity. Hoskins' dream and Wu's best experiment. This will camouflage in the night and kill many people like a Raptor with same intelligence and more strength.

Just my theory though.

Can't wait.

I think though that this hybrid could actually have a relatively "small" role. I mean, maybe they will talk about it during the story, but it will arrive and we will see it only in the third act. I guess this increase the suspense towards this creature, like the shark in Jaws.

I'd rather it have a small role to be honest. The Dinosaur rescue mission sounds a lot more interesting than a new hybrid storyline.
I'd rather have this take a big role and introduce a new darker concept for the franchise than see the same mainstream dinosaurs species over and over and have the same role again. This + the new dinosaurs are the best thing to happen so far IMO.

I'm just glad Nublar part will be max half the movie and the rest will be the manor, where the real things will happen. 

We already know what to expect from the "dinosaur" rescue mission. 25 minutes of "Capture Rexy" and more 25 of "Capture Blue", 2 minutes for the other dinosaurs. That will be the rescue.  Nah, I pass it. Rather see the real implications of playing God and science.

Manor plot is way more interesting and mysterious. And if we think about it, all we still don't know happens there.

I disagree. I find the idea of racing against an erupting volcano much more thrilling than mad scientists creates abomination-asaurus again. The whole dinosaurs rescue mission + possible betrayal scene could bring some really cool character arcs for some characters. I'm not against hybrids at all, but it just sounds like it's gonna be Indominus Rex 2.0.

Indeed. I also worry that the hybrid subplot may end up feeling a little tacked on, like the Rex in San Diego stuff from TLW.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Just my theory though.

Can't wait.

Well, I'm happy to agree to disagree. IF they really foccus on the volcano plot too, the dinosaurs dying there and other new species panicking (imagine a storm of panicked herbivores because of the lava) and causing chaos too, I will gladly agree with you on this. But my biggest fear on what's going to happen is: Too much foccus on Blue and Rexy rescue, since they are now the "mascots" of the franchise (They pretty much turned those 2 in more than just animals after JW). 

And mad scientists creating abominations with genetic engineering and playing God was the original JP theme all the time. I see no problem in giving an abomination (I wouldn't call that, I find it fascinating, but anyway) screentime if it's done right and brings the theme to the table. I actually find it interesting. 

I think you read my latests posts where I shared my desire to see a totally different hybrid this time, not an Indominus rex 2.0 rampanging like crazy in the scenes and destroying everything, but a more quiet animal, inteligent and sinister one that likes to stalk and ambush to kill in a more The Big One way. Something that is scary and brings the darker elements people want to see. That would be AMAZING to see and have my butts fixed in the chair more than any "descrutive" dinosaur. If done right, this will be nowhere close to Indominus rex. I see a lot of potential in it. And it ties with the original theme of the franchise very well.

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 LYHX0zA

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:50 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Just my theory though.

Can't wait.

Indeed. I also worry that the hybrid subplot may end up feeling a little tacked on, like the Rex in San Diego stuff from TLW.

I guess it could be good for Dr. Wu's character arc. But what purpose does the indoraptor even have? Indominus Rex was an idea to be used for military purposes, but that was Hoskin's idea wasn't it? I thought that idea died with him. Even Trevorrow admitted that the militarization of Dinosaurs was the idea from a mad man.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:57 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Just my theory though.

Can't wait.

I guess it could be good for Dr. Wu's character arc. But what purpose does the indoraptor even have? Indominus Rex was an idea to be used for military purposes, but that was Hoskin's idea wasn't it? I thought that idea died with him. Even Trevorrow admitted that the militarization of Dinosaurs was the idea from a mad man.
Well, I'm being forced to admit and get over the fact that Wu is pretty much now with a foot on mad science. We don't know if Lockwood is really a man with good intentions (most likely bad since the rumors we got so far), so he might still want to sell dinosaurs to the military? An Indoraptor would pretty much fit in this and would be an explanation to WHY that thing exists. Other way around (and the pretty easy one) is: Wu went full mad scientist and can't stop anymore to try to "create the perfect creature" so he just creates it for "fun". I really don't expect any complex plot anymore, given DEREK wrote it.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 6:58 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Just my theory though.

Can't wait.

Well, I'm happy to agree to disagree. IF they really foccus on the volcano plot too, the dinosaurs dying there and other new species panicking (imagine a storm of panicked herbivores because of the lava) and causing chaos too, I will gladly agree with you on this. But my biggest fear on what's going to happen is: Too much foccus on Blue and Rexy rescue, since they are now the "mascots" of the franchise (They pretty much turned those 2 in more than just animals after JW). 

And mad scientists creating abominations with genetic engineering and playing God was the original JP theme all the time. I see no problem in giving an abomination (I wouldn't call that, I find it fascinating, but anyway) screentime if it's done right and brings the theme to the table. I actually find it interesting. 

I think you read my latests posts where I shared my desire to see a totally different hybrid this time, not an Indominus rex 2.0 rampanging like crazy in the scenes and destroying everything, but a more quiet animal, inteligent and sinister one that likes to stalk and ambush to kill in a more The Big One way. Something that is scary and brings the darker elements people want to see. That would be AMAZING to see and have my butts fixed in the chair more than any "descrutive" dinosaur. If done right, this will be nowhere close to Indominus rex.

Trust me, I'm totally with you on the first part. I hate the idea of focussing too much on Rexy and Blue because it sounds like fan-fiction. We don't need another 'best of friends' thing going on. Hopefully, if Rexy is shown, it's a scene where it aggressively goes after the protagonists in a intesnse chase scene before being tranquilised and captured. It doesn't need any more. And Blue? Hopefully she's found some more Raptors somehwere and formed a new pack or something. I don't wanna see more bro nods with her and Owen this time haha.

I just feel like this idea of going to the island to save the dinosaurs with the threat of a volcanic erruption to be a really cool innovative way to get the characters back on the island and I want to see it pulled off because, personally, I love the island setting, it's a huge part of Jurassic Park for me.

The new hybrid being a lot different from the Indominus is a good idea. An intelligent Raptor outsmarting the main characters in the final act sounds cool and they can even mirror some of the scenes from the original film with the skeletons during the raptor chase scene. However, I'd much prefer a pack of indoraptors if it is to happen.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:04 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I guess there are more madmen in the fold than just Hoskins.

This is part of what I meant by "opening a can of worms". It's not just the hybrids themselves, but the reasoning behind them. If you keep introducing hybrids, there has to be some sort of reasoning behind it, and the easiest way to explain such a batshit-nuts idea is to fall back on the whole "So-and-so is crazy, which is why this is happening" shtick.

Like the name "Indoraptor", it just seems lazy to me. I was willing to go along with it as a one off in JW, but if the whole reason for the "Indoraptor's" being is becasue Lockwood it crazy, then eugh.....

Hopefully I'm wrong, and there's some sort of perfect explanation given as to why the thing exists, but I have my doubts.

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:08 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

This is part of what I meant by "opening a can of worms". It's not just the hybrids themselves, but the reasoning behind them. If you keep introducing hybrids, there has to be some sort of reasoning behind it, and the easiest way to explain such a batshit-nuts idea is to fall back on the whole "So-and-so is crazy, which is why this is happening" shtick.

Like the name "Indoraptor", it just seems lazy to me. I was willing to go along with it as a one off in JW, but if the whole reason for the "Indoraptor's" being is becasue Lockwood it crazy, then eugh.....

Hopefully I'm wrong, and there's some sort of perfect explanation given as to why the thing exists, but I have my doubts.

I'm getting a David from Alien Covenant vibe with this whole hybrid thing. I don't really like the idea of Wu becoming another David.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:16 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Just my theory though.

Can't wait.

I think you read my latests posts where I shared my desire to see a totally different hybrid this time, not an Indominus rex 2.0 rampanging like crazy in the scenes and destroying everything, but a more quiet animal, inteligent and sinister one that likes to stalk and ambush to kill in a more The Big One way. Something that is scary and brings the darker elements people want to see. That would be AMAZING to see and have my butts fixed in the chair more than any "descrutive" dinosaur. If done right, this will be nowhere close to Indominus rex.

Trust me, I'm totally with you on the first part. I hate the idea of focussing too much on Rexy and Blue because it sounds like fan-fiction. We don't need another 'best of friends' thing going on. Hopefully, if Rexy is shown, it's a scene where it aggressively goes after the protagonists in a intesnse chase scene before being tranquilised and captured. It doesn't need any more. And Blue? Hopefully she's found some more Raptors somehwere and formed a new pack or something. I don't wanna see more bro nods with her and Owen this time haha.

I just feel like this idea of going to the island to save the dinosaurs with the threat of a volcanic erruption to be a really cool innovative way to get the characters back on the island and I want to see it pulled off because, personally, I love the island setting, it's a huge part of Jurassic Park for me.

The new hybrid being a lot different from the Indominus is a good idea. An intelligent Raptor outsmarting the main characters in the final act sounds cool and they can even mirror some of the scenes from the original film with the skeletons during the raptor chase scene. However, I'd much prefer a pack of indoraptors if it is to happen.
I'm so glad you liked my hybrid idea.  Very Happy  That's why I still think it's going to work, an animal that is really underestimated and then outsmarts everyone would be awesome IMO. It would also give plot twists materials.

I agree with every word you said on your post. For real. Couldn't agree more. Specially about Blue and Rexy, I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way and I also don't want to see Owen and Blue "bro" scenes too. Enough with this friendly raptor thing. It feels so forced IMO.

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:17 pm

Wu and his army of hybrids try to wipe out the human species? xD

At this point it wouldn't shock me.

And the reasoning behind it? Because General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Tumblr_n8g8e0HBuJ1td362fo1_500

Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:18 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:

And the reasoning behind it? Because General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Tumblr_n8g8e0HBuJ1td362fo1_500

Holds the world hostage for "One million dollarssssss"
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:

I'm getting a David from Alien Covenant vibe with this whole hybrid thing. I don't really like the idea of Wu becoming another David.
Oh belive me. I'm one of the most active anti "Wu is a mad scientist" plot here. I'm totally against that idea and been moaning about it here a lot, but recent months I pretty much gave up because I fear it's what is probably going to happen. I'm excited for the hybrid concept but on the other side I know they won't deal well with the "creator" side and will pretty much mess everything. So I'm happy I'll see a creepy hybrid but also sad that they won't be able to make a good arc for Wu.  Laughing  Feels strange when I stop to think about it.

I'll probably rage a lot when this comes out, but I think at least one or 2 of my wishes will be granted.

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:23 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Just my theory though.

Can't wait.

You misunderstand. It doesnt have to be either+or. It can be both. Volcano+rescue+betrayal + this abomination.

Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Just my theory though.

Can't wait.

You misunderstand. It doesnt have to be either+or. It can be both. Volcano+rescue+betrayal + this abomination.

It can be, if done right. Hopefully, it's done right.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:26 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Eh, makes still makes more sense than creating hybrid dinosaurs to hunt down terrorists.

Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:27 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Eh, makes still makes more sense than creating hybrid dinosaurs to hunt down terrorists.
None are good.

I'm so afraid now. Why, why.

PS: By the way, I sent you a private message.  Razz

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:29 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Even though I'm complaining about it. I have no idea how they could do it in the film. I genuinely can't think of another way for Wu to be creating another hybrid that would be original.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:35 pm

Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Even though I'm complaining about it. I have no idea how they could do it in the film. I genuinely can't think of another way for Wu to be creating another hybrid that would be original.

Honestly, it just sounds like it's going to be a TLW novel Carnotaurus stand-in to me, which certainly could make for an awesome scene.

That being said, I'd much rather they use a Carnotaurus if that's the approach they're going with. You could pull off virtually the exact same scene, without all of the batshit-craziness behind it.

Back to top Go down
Baryonyx111
Hatchling
Hatchling
Baryonyx111

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm

The new hybrid will be called the beefasaurus rex. It is a mix between a T.rex and a cow. It fires missiles made out of premium ground beef, and its skin is composed of prime rib. It is a dinosaur meant to help people with backyard BBQ's, but something goes horribly wrong when its insides are revealed to be apple bees meat tongue

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:40 pm

Edit: Nvm

Last edited by Spinosaur4.4 on Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:42 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

Honestly, it just sounds like it's going to be a TLW novel Carnotaurus stand-in to me, which certainly could make for an awesome scene.

That being said, I'd much rather they use a Carnotaurus if that's the approach they're going with. You could pull off virtually the exact same scene, without all of the batshit-craziness behind it.

So you mean, Wu is creating them to fix the "world" and nature and create a new ecossystem?

Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 7:43 pm

Baryonyx111 wrote:
The new hybrid will be called the beefasaurus rex. It is a mix between a T.rex and a cow. It fires missiles made out of premium ground beef, and its skin is composed of prime rib. It is a dinosaur meant to help people with backyard BBQ's, but something goes horribly wrong when its insides are revealed to be apple bees meat tongue

Sounds about right with the direction things are going Laughing

Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:05 pm

I agree with Sickle Claw about the plot structure. I think we get the lagoon prologue-->rescue setup-->rescue mission-->betrayal/sabotage-->Lockwood Manor (where we find out what Wu has been doing and the purpose of the lagoon scene)-->Indoraptor finale.

They've been very clear about copying the structure of JP for this film. The rescue mission is the big VFX action piece of the movie, like Rexy escaping her paddock in JP. Indoraptor at Lockwood Manor is our Raptors in the Visitors Center finale.

I have a feeling the entire marketing campaign and trailers will focus on the volcano/rescue mission and probably hint at the betrayal aspect. Like with San Diego in TLW, I bet they keep Lockwood Manor and the Indoraptor close to the vest.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:18 pm

Guys ignore my shitty posts about PM's above.  Laughing

Anyway, just came to my mind here (just speculation guys): WHAT IF there are more than one Indoraptor? Like, a squad of them, with an alpha (the one that is in the cage with Bayona)? It sounds really creepy.

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:46 pm

I'm going to post this in both threads. Is it possible that what we are looking at could be JP's rendition of a carnotaurus? Sorry if that's a stupid question but we know they take artistic liberties with these dinosaurs. 

I'm no where near being an expert on how that animals mouth might look but isn't it a bit odd that they would actually have a picture of the animal front and center? Obviously the GA wouldn't pick up on it but maybe they just don't care?

I'm sure I'm probably wrong and it's the hybrid but I just wanted to throw it out there.
Back to top Go down
NolaJP
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
NolaJP

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:49 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
I'm going to post this in both threads. Is it possible that what we are looking at could be JP's rendition of a carnotaurus? Sorry if that's a stupid question but we know they take artistic liberties with these dinosaurs. 

I'm no where near being an expert on how that animals mouth might look but isn't it a bit odd that they would actually have a picture of the animal front and center? Obviously the GA wouldn't pick up on it but maybe they just don't care?

I'm sure I'm probably wrong and it's the hybrid but I just wanted to throw it out there.

That would be cool, but there has to be a reason why the film allegedly opens with people trying to retrieve Indominus DNA from the Mosasaur lagoon. The obvious answer is to create another hybrid.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 9:59 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Six-Foot Turkey wrote:
owenpratt wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
owenpratt wrote:

Just my theory though.

Can't wait.

Agreed one hundred percent.

When I first heard that FK would introduce a new hybrid, my initial reaction was "Ugh...We're doing this again?", but I'm willing to give it a chance, as long as the new Indomoraptor-whatever thing doesn't take over the whole film, as the rescue operation does indeed sound absolutely thrilling. I'm excited to see people interacting with dinosaurs in a completely different way (tracking and rescuing dinosaurs, rather than running from them).

Seems like the new hybrid thing is going to be reserved for the final act, which is the right call imho. It gives the real dinos a chance to shine for the first 2/3-3/4 of the film, which they didn't really get a chance to in JW.

JW handled the Indominus relatively well, but the concept always hit me as pretty childish, like something a 10 year old would throw together.

"It's gonna be part raptor, and part T. rex, and part snake, and part...uhh.....that thing that can turn invisible so it'll have invisibility powers!! Oh, and it can talk to raptors and turn them into bad guys! And it'll be bigger than a T. rex, and it can unhinge it's jaw like a snake, and it'll have stealth powers so nobody can track it!!!"

I worry about the can of worms it's opened.

Exactly. I thought the indominus was really cool looking, and I'm sure this animal will be really cool looking as well. But when I see a hybrid I want to see something that is more tragic. Almost like an abomination.

Something that is scary and cool but also makes you feel disgusted or sorry for it existing.
Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 10:00 pm

NolaJP wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

That would be cool, but there has to be a reason why the film allegedly opens with people trying to retrieve Indominus DNA from the Mosasaur lagoon. The obvious answer is to create another hybrid.

Oh yeah I know 100% that a hybrid is in it. But there were rumors that Carno was too I believe.
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 09, 2017 10:12 pm

NolaJP wrote:
Troyal1 wrote:

I can imagine the dialogue scene:

Wu *freaking out*: "The Indominus rex embryos aren't here! I need the Indominus rex DNA! We need to go back and retrive it from the Indominus."

Ted/Toby/Raffe: "But Dr. Wu, it's remains are just in the Mosasaurus lagoon. We can't go back, there's a freaking Mosasaurus there, have you lost your mind?"

Wu: "I don't care. We are going back."

I know this won't happen but I would pay to see it. Laughing

Back to top Go down
V.a.nublarensis
Dilophosaurus
Dilophosaurus
V.a.nublarensis

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitimeMon Jul 10, 2017 2:39 am

I'm not excited about a new hybrid (Though I doubt it's gonna be called the Indoraptor). I hope it's scary and different from the I-Rex and won't be just something that makes Wu look crazy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3   General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3 - Page 15 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom News Thread V.3
Page 14 of 34Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 24 ... 34  Next