Jurassic Mainframe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Creation is an act of sheer will. Next time it will be flawless...(est. 2016)

Jurassic Mainframe NewsHomeOur Discord ServerLatest imagesJurassic-PediaSearchRegisterLog in

Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom

Go down 
+26
Pachyrhinosaurus
NolaJP
Trexbreakout
V.a.nublarensis
Megaspino2
K_Ozz92
Robotpo
dance2nite
Dr. Wu
Baryonyx111
Sickle_Claw
Herrerasaurus
The Beeg One
evolution_rex
TyrannoFan
Viperman
BarrytheOnyx
Spinosaur4.4
Rhedosaurus
Troyal1
Océane
Levine
sdp
#TRexSpinorematch
Six-Foot Turkey
Tyrant Lizard
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Do you like the title of Jurassic World 2?
Yes
Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Vote_lcap86%Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 86% [ 31 ]
No
Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 36

Back

AuthorMessage
BarrytheOnyx
Veteran
Veteran
BarrytheOnyx

Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 5:19 pm

Sickle_Claw wrote:
Fallen Kingdom. T-rex Kingdom.

Guess who is gonna die.

*drum roll*

I guarantee you will get a LOT of upset people, because for one reason. That this is Rexy, THE No. 1 Tyrannosaurus of the franchise, and when she was almost killed I guarantee that the vast majority of film-goers had some emotional lumps in their throats. We know that she is coming back, and what reason would the film makers bring her back if not to have her cross paths with the human heroes again?

Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Dinosa12
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 6:15 pm

If Rexy dies then it should be in the final scene and done emotionally.

Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 6:30 pm

Océane wrote:
^see I think you're forgetting the happy ending pal
Happy end? No. I hope we go as dark as possible. JW3 can have a happy end.

I would be ok if Rexy died, but of course she's a T.rex so she already has a shield against death, guess why...zzzzzzz. All dinosaurs will die except her for sure, she'll be the first to be rescued because her life means more than other dinosaurs bc she's "charismatic" and is already a character. It's the truth. She should be dead already because of her age, but hey, fanservice because LULZ!

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 6:34 pm

That would crush my soul (if rexy died) , They better not go in that direction.

Last edited by Herrerasaurus on Thu Jun 22, 2017 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Spinosaur4.4
Veteran
Veteran
Spinosaur4.4

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 6:34 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
That would crush my soul, They better not go in that direction.
Rexy dying? If so, relax. SHE WON'T BE TOUCHED. I'm 100% sure.  Smile

Former JPL member, Spinosaur4.4.

Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 LYHX0zA
Back to top Go down
Six-Foot Turkey
Triceratops
Triceratops
Six-Foot Turkey

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 6:35 pm

Pretty sure Jurassic world 3 will have Extinction in the title. It'll be about Dinosaurs threatening the ecosystem around the world or something.
Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 6:37 pm

Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Btw i'm pretty sure we have the same first name haha
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 7:16 pm

Pretty sure the "Kingdom" thing is just a coincidence.... :/

Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Jpbann10
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 7:31 pm

Herrerasaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

I think the only conceivable way how fans will accept her dying is if she leaves an biological heir behind. The Masrani site said that there was room for another T. rex (most likely a male) in the new park. Granted, that's not exactly the most reliable source of info around...But even so, it's the only situation that I can think of where fans can accept her dying.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 7:36 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

I think the only conceivable way how fans will accept her dying is if she leaves an biological heir behind. The Masrani site said that there was room for another T. rex (most likely a male) in the new park. Granted, that's not exactly the most reliable source of info around...But even so, it's the only situation that I can think of where fans can accept her dying.

Agreed. Killing off their main moneymaking dino before the third film is released would only serve to undermine the final film.

I don't think it necessarily has a be a "biological" heir, per se, but a new Rex, be it related to Rexy in some way or not, would have to be introduced to keep people happy.

Back to top Go down
dance2nite
Sorna Velociraptor
Sorna Velociraptor
dance2nite

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 7:37 pm

I really like the title, I think as others have said it refers to Hammond's Dream, Nublar & the Dinosaurs themselves, actually a really dark title if u think about it.

The logo also reminds me of TLW's & the embers are referring to the eruption of the volcano. obviously.

Overall I dig both & am so glad we FINALLY have a title & a good one at that! Cool Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Océane
Océane

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 7:37 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:

I guarantee you will get a LOT of upset people, because for one reason. That this is Rexy, THE No. 1 Tyrannosaurus of the franchise, and when she was almost killed I guarantee that the vast majority of film-goers had some emotional lumps in their throats.
The number one Tyrannosaurus in film history! And yes, I was starting to cry when Rexy nearly died.

Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 7:41 pm

Yeah, when Rexy when down and Indy was on top of her, I was thinking "No....NO! They won't do this again, will they? WILL THEY!??!?!"

Then Blue showed up and all was good Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Troyal1
Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 7:55 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

Agreed. Killing off their main moneymaking dino before the third film is released would only serve to undermine the final film.

I don't think it necessarily has a be a "biological" heir, per se, but a new Rex, be it related to Rexy in some way or not, would have to be introduced to keep people happy.

I know you're gonna hate me for this but i kinda hope Rexy is killed off in this one. Not by another dino, but i see how it could be sad and really emotional.

But i like my movies depressing.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 8:00 pm

Troyal1 wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:
Rhedosaurus wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:
Spinosaur4.4 wrote:
Herrerasaurus wrote:

I know you're gonna hate me for this but i kinda hope Rexy is killed off in this one. Not by another dino, but i see how it could be sad and really emotional.

But i like my movies depressing.

I get ya, man. It would make for probably the most emotional scene of the franchise thus far. I certainly wouldn't be against it as long as we had another Rex to take her place for the final film.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 8:10 pm

Personally, I'm disappointed in the title, as it seems to confirm we're bound for another largely island-set adventure in the remains of the old park(s), and the mainland storyline will largely be window-dressing. And isn't "Fallen Kingdom" kind-of, like, say...a "lost world", as evolution_rex pointed out? So derivative.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 8:29 pm

Robotpo wrote:
And isn't "Fallen Kingdom" kind-of, like, say...a "lost world", as evolution_rex pointed out? So derivative.

I don't see how. The Lost World implies an uncharted land, whereas Fallen Kingdom gives the impression of an empire crumbling to the ground. Two entirely different concepts.

Also, if we're talking about derivative titles, which title was lifted directly from Sir Arthur Conan Doyle?

Really, it's the most original title we've had since the first film, as TLW lifted it's title from another famous work, JP3 just added a number, and JW simply changed Park to World. At least this is an original statement, which you really can't say about the previous three titles.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 8:37 pm

Crichton may have lifted his title from Conan Doyle, but his use of it for a sequel to JP was original in 1995 - it was a new idea for the series.

Meanwhile, Lost = "something not found or ended", while Fallen = "ended" (in this instance), and World = "an expansive environment", while Kingdom = "an expansive environment". Both "lost" and "fallen" suggest something beyond reach, and both "world" and "kingdom" suggest a considerable area. It's close enough that it it's parallel to the earlier title.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 8:40 pm

Any parallel to TLW:JP is a good thing IMO.

Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 8:44 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Crichton may have lifted his title from Conan Doyle, but his use of it for a sequel to JP was original in 1995 - it was a new idea for the series.

Meanwhile, Lost = "something not found or ended", while Fallen = "ended" (in this instance), and World = "an expansive environment", while Kingdom = "an expansive environment". It's close enough that it it's parallel to the earlier title, as opposed to something more original.

Well, "Lost" in the sense that Crichton seemed to be using it implies "not found, undiscovered", as opposed to "ended".

Basically, the titles are similar in the sense that the first word is an adjective, and the second word is a noun. That's basically where the similarities start and end for me.

And thematically, completely different meanings are implied, at least when it comes to the film version of TLW.

Back to top Go down
Robotpo
Nublar Velociraptor
Nublar Velociraptor
Robotpo

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 8:47 pm

Dr. Wu wrote:

I'm a huge TLW fan, and wouldn't mind their acknowledging it, but wanted them to try something as original as possible for the fifth film. I guess the TLW-ish set pics and rumored story bits suggesting they're riffing on the second movie considerably may be why the title seems derivative to me.
Back to top Go down
K_Ozz92
Compsognathus
Compsognathus
K_Ozz92

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 8:49 pm

Yeah, I think I like it, it's not like the greatest title ever, but you know it's definitely better than 'JW: Epoch', 'Ancient Futures' or simply 'JW 2'.

"Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth."- Dr. Wu.
Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Tumblr_o344ke_PXt_X1rp0vkjo1_500
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 8:59 pm

I actually kinda dug Ancient Futures as well xD Wouldn't have been unhappy if they had gone with that either.

One thing that kinda hits me as odd- The title of the film and the tagline kinda seem to contradict each other. That tells me that the "Fallen Kingdom" may actually refer to something else, be it Ingen/Masrani Global or even our own human kingdom.

Back to top Go down
Megaspino2
Megaspino2

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 9:11 pm

Robotpo wrote:
Dr. Wu wrote:

I'm a huge TLW fan, and wouldn't mind their acknowledging it, but wanted them to try something as original as possible for the fifth film. I guess the TLW-ish set pics and rumored story bits suggesting they're riffing on the second movie considerably may be why the title seems derivative to me.

^This is how I feel. I think it's just more confirmation that just like how JW felt like a modern JP, JW2 will most likely be a modern TLW. This is not a bad thing, but it isn't good for the franchise to stay this stagnant in the new ideas department. If they expect any credibility for a third movie they need to move this to the mainland; Jurassic Park cannot keep surviving off of island plots. The tagline is just, what? That was a major theme in the first movie and in the second one and we're going to rehash it again? I'm not upset just very disappointed at the lack of originality on display by the filmmakers. So if JW is JP, and JW Fallen Kingdom is TLW, then that means that JW3 will be the worst of the three and cause Universal to shelf the series for 10+ years right?

Also why does the Fallen Kingdom title sound like a Michael Bay film?
Back to top Go down
Rhedosaurus
Veteran
Veteran
Rhedosaurus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 9:14 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
One thing that kinda hits me as odd- The title of the film and the tagline kinda seem to contradict each other. That tells me that the "Fallen Kingdom" may actually refer to something else, be it Ingen/Masrani Global or even our own human kingdom.

I'm actually hoping the JP franchise/JP6/JW3 eventually goes Planet Of The Apes and ends with dinosaurs regaining control of Earth and man is reduced to a position where it can no longer be the dominant species.

If you don't know history, then you don't know anything. You are a leaf that doesn't know it is part of a tree. Michael Crichton

If you're concerned about where this franchise is headed, then please join us.
Back to top Go down
Tyrant Lizard
Veteran
Veteran
Tyrant Lizard

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 9:19 pm

Rhedosaurus wrote:
Tyrant Lizard wrote:

I'm actually hoping the JP franchise/JP6/JW3 eventually goes Planet Of The Apes and ends with dinosaurs regaining control of Earth and man is reduced to a position where it can no longer be the dominant species.

I like the idea, although if it were me, I'd like the franchise to end on a slightly more hopeful note, with humankind continuing but dinosaurs reasserting themselves into the planets ecosystem to the point where they're essentially just looked at as animals.

Humans and dinosaurs sharing the planet together. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.

Back to top Go down
Herrerasaurus
Ankylosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Herrerasaurus

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 9:30 pm

I hope the movies does not go into that direction (planet of the apes style) but a mainly mainland plot in jw 3 would be cool. Also i would wait till the actual movie comes out before calling tlw clone. From the leaks it sounds a little similar but the context is completely different and it sounds like it is step into making jw 3 a mainland dino plotline
Back to top Go down
Dr. Wu
Veteran
Veteran
Dr. Wu

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 10:48 pm

Most likely JW3 will be a completely original idea since JP3 isn't well liked by most so why bother try to copy it?

But yeah JW is a modern JP and JW:FK will be a modern TLW.

Veteran
Veteran
Troyal1

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 11:11 pm

Tyrant Lizard wrote:
I actually kinda dug Ancient Futures as well xD Wouldn't have been unhappy if they had gone with that either.

JW Ancient futures would be an awesome title for a spinoff film or tv show, or game imo.
Back to top Go down
Sickle_Claw
Veteran
Veteran
Sickle_Claw

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 22, 2017 11:14 pm

BarrytheOnyx wrote:
Sickle_Claw wrote:
Fallen Kingdom. T-rex Kingdom.

Guess who is gonna die.

*drum roll*

I guarantee you will get a LOT of upset people, because for one reason. That this is Rexy, THE No. 1 Tyrannosaurus of the franchise, and when she was almost killed I guarantee that the vast majority of film-goers had some emotional lumps in their throats. We know that she is coming back, and what reason would the film makers bring her back if not to have her cross paths with the human heroes again?

How upset will people be if/when that volcano drowns the old visitors center in lava? You know Bayonas gonna go for the emotional moment of a lingering shot of everything getting destroyed.d

PostSubject: Re: Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom   Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Title revealed! Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next